Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX vs. Infiniti G35

Comments

• gdoctsx1gdoctsx1 Member Posts: 60
    I think my comparison is fair. A toyota camry with 270hp feels plenty fast compared to the IS250 (i don't know what the 0-60 is..you may know or care). However, given the styling, handling and looks, i'd take the IS. Just like the TSX over the accord. V-6 or not.
    I just pounded the crap out of my TSX low torque baby. Enjoyed every minute of it. Opps, i guess i was not supposed to have fun (that's only for high torque) :P
    What's senseless and insulting. Not quite sure what you are refering to?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I think he's referring to an earlier post you made and I think it's time that we move past this before things get ugly.

What do folks think about continuing this comparison? As a previous poster mentioned, it's really not a level one and we've kinda been wandering all over the place anyway.

I guess if anyone wants to continue to compare the subject vehicles, please get back to it. If there's no more conversation to be had on the subject, we'll wrap this one up and move on to other topics. :)
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    I agree (even though I'm that poster who asked why we compared these anyway) :P

This thread was started by someone who was comparing a TL to a G35 and once in the showroom, started looking at the TSX due to the cheaper price.
    Once you drop to the new price point, the G should be out of the equation anyway.
    Comparing the TSX to the G35 is a complete joke.

Let's move on.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :blush:
  • johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    I believe this post is G35 Vs TSX. G35 is 2-3 seconds faster to 60..which is an eternity. G35 at 1/2 throttle is guaranteed faster to 60 than TSX 6 speed full scream, full clutch slip/dump to 60. Have fun with whatever you drive, of course, but don't insult those who disagree with you.
  • madnavmadnav Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't compare these cars. This is exactly the decision I came down to. Did I prefer the G35 with or the TSX plus $10K (Cdn). I chose TSX because it is a very, very nice vehicle and couldn't justify the extra money to get into the even nicer G35. I also looked at a 328, C-Class, and A3 2.0 which to me weren't as good as the G and TSX at their respective price points.

I don't understand why people say you can't compare these cars. They both fulfill the same role in the marketplace, just with different emphasis. Does everyone here buy the most expensive car they can afford (actually that's a feeling I get quite often reading these boards)? If not, then why wouldn't you compare vehicles in two different price points? To me it's much easier to make a decisinn among cars in the same price range (a la G vs 3er vs C-class), than it is to try and incorporate value into the equation.
  • ocg35manocg35man Member Posts: 52
    I think you are really missing the point here.

Most people when shopping for cars, compare similar cars in
    the price range they are comfortable with. For example, if you are looking for Sports Sedan in $32k to $35k range, you
    have Acura TL, Infiniti G35,BMW 328 etc.. These cars have
    different size engines and drivetrains, but enough similarities to compare with each other. Of course there is
    a good choice of vehicles at any given range of prices.
    But most people don't shop $20k car and $35k car at the same time, because it is not a fair comparison.

That's why you won't see Comparison Test on magazines like
    this: Nissan Sentra Vs Toyota Avalon
    Nissan Altima VS Infiniti G35
    Toyota Corolla vs Lexus IS250

My point is Acura TSX is a nice car in its segment, but not
    a direct comparison with Infiniti G35.
    I hope this makes sense.
  • madnavmadnav Member Posts: 3
    Huh? I'm missing the point? Your entire reasoning is based on the 'price range they are comfortable with'. Well if your comfortable paying $45K, why wouldn't you be comfortable paying $35K? I do agree, most people think like you, but my point is i don't understand why people feel they must pay as much as they can.

The G vs. TSX is reasonable because they are both sporty, entry level luxury sedans that still provide utility and comfort for four passengers.

Yes the TSX is much slower, but it's cheaper. The 3er, C-class and IS250 are all slower than my Maxima, but I wouldn't say the Max is better (in all honesty, I forgot about that I had also tested the IS250, it's slower than the TSX).

Sentra and Avalon are completely different sizes,
    Altima isn't anywhere near the G in luxury,
    Same with Corolla and IS250.

I'm not trying to convince anyone the TSX is better than the others, that was my decision based on my parameters of what I felt was important. What I am saying is that it is a competitor to the G and other ELLPS, because that's what it is, therefore comparing them is not 'stupid'.
    Yup, you're right! G35 is faster. Hardly half throttle in this video. Perhaps you think you're driving an 2008 M3? At 3520lbs, compared to the 3300lbs of the TSX, and for the extra 10k, I hope it's faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR6kAD2qa54

Take a look at this clip on YouTube. I also think this is a very fair comparison. For me, the interior of the g35 is lacking, so, for many of us, the TSX has a more appealing interior, better road feel, more features for the money, luxury feel and about 10k cheaper. I also love the v-tec when it opens up at around 6000rpm. I've got the best of both worlds with this car. Easy driver around the city that's not too bulky and great performance when I want it. The tsx is unique. For some it compares to a mazda 6 and to others it compares to a 325 or A4. To me it's the fun of driving a Civic Si with the comfort of an Accord (ala Fedlawman). Hope you don't race the new Altima coupe with your g35. What then? Might be a an Altima vs G35 thread. Guess it's time to trade it in for the M3.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR6kAD2qa54

Watch the video.

2-3 seconds faster to 60?? So, you're saying the G35 does 0-60 in what 6.4, 5.4, or 4.4 seconds? In 2004, the TSX figures for 6spd were Manual Transmission. I would imagine the 2006 with the increase in hp may do a tiny bit better unless the weight went up. Sorry, I think you're way off. I've driven the G35, 2004 coupe many times. Fast car, for sure. But, you sound like you think you're driving an 2008 M3.

Car & Driver July 2003
    0-60 - 7.2
    1/4 mile - 15.5

Car and Driver 2004 1/4 mile 15.6 @ 91mph with a 6 speed manual TSX.

2004 data
    Automobile Acura TSX 16.1 @ 89mph (with a 6 speed). BMW 325i (16.2 @ 87), Audi A4 (16.5 @ 85) and almost the same as the Saab 9-3 Linear (16.0 @ 89).

So, the G35 does 0-60 in 4-2-5.2? Not really.

2003 G35 coupe manual
    1/4 mile 14.23 @ 99.4 (motortrend road test)
    You show your ignorance by making everything personal. I've read as slow as 8.2 for tsx and as fast as 5.2 for G35 (07G, of course). 60mph is 88 fps, so even being nice and saying 2 secs faster has a G 176 feet ahead assuming the drive launches the tsx perfectly. Your car, for it's price range, accelerates slowly...and you are happy with that. Move on. If I want thrills in turns, I do it for real with my s2000, which actually accelerates AND turns. If I wanted a car with no balls that handled good, my FUN car would have been a miata. Having been the previous owner of a TL, I passed on the TSX...I must have been feeling insecure or something that day. Call is sporty, call it whatever you want...I call it way underpowered for this segment. And I wanted an M3, I would have an M3, or 911 for that matter. I have a G instead.
    P.S. Edmunds on 07G Sport Auto :
    Class-leading thrust
    As you would expect from the above paragraph, the G35 blows all 12 doors off its German rivals, while the Lexus matches the Infiniti's performance. Our tester tore up the track with a scorching 0-60-mph run of 5.6 seconds and a quarter-mile performance of 13.9 seconds at 102 mph. The last 330i we tested, which had a six-speed manual, was nearly a second slower in each test.
    You're joking with that video, right? You denounce the need for acceleration then find a clip of some retard who can't drive barely beating a tsx in a drag race? FYI, 100 mph is 146.6 fps. So a car hitting 100 in a quarter mile covers nearly 300 feet in 2 seconds at the end of the track. High fifteen 1/4 mile tsx, high 13 quarter mile G? 2 secs is about 19 car lengths (TSX is 183.3 inches long) 19 ! ! ! Sluggish acceleration like that is just unbelievable to me in a sports sedan. Oh, and if you think the tsx has more features, you might want to go drive a new G. It offers almost everything the RL does, and some things it doesn't (Mainly audio).
    "You show your ignorance by making everything personal".

You're sweet! Let's lose the name calling. Really. I've read as slow as 6.2 for the G35 and as fast as 6.7 for the TSX (solid point you there!?).

"Your car, for it's price range, accelerates slowly...and you are happy with that"

My car for the price range has more features than a G35. So, while you're pulling away from the Civics, I'm on my blue tooth and punching in addresses you use a map for.

If I want thrills in turns, I do it for real with my s2000, which actually accelerates AND turns.

If i want thrills, I do it with your s2000? I think i know what you were trying to get at. Yup, it's a blast. Prefer it to the G35.

I must have been feeling insecure or something that day

I guess

You're correct, you wanted an M3 or a 911.
    I remember that article. The last 330i they tested was by a g35 owner wishing they had purchased it instead.
    You're joking with that video, right? You denounce the need for acceleration then find a clip of some retard who can't drive barely beating a tsx in a drag race?

Speaking of ignorance. The term is intellectual disabilty. I'm a physician that works with them. "Retard" is actually offensive. One day if you have children, you'll understand.

Onto cars again.

That video was sent to me by someone. I passed it on because I thought it was perfect for our conversation. I was correct. I've also been on the highway with a 2003-2004 g35 from about 120km - 180km. I knew the driver and the g35 pulled away rather slowly. Not bad for a 4.

Sluggish acceleration like that is just unbelievable to me in a sports sedan. Oh, and if you think the tsx has more features, you might want to go drive a new G. It offers almost everything the RL does, and some things it doesn't (Mainly audio).

You're right. I saw the new g37 coupe and the new sedan looks better. I'm not sure if this thread is about the 2008 G35 coupe vs the TSX. I don't care for the RL, so i'm with you there. I've driven the new sedan, as a retal car. It's fast. Just zero appeal to me.

Sluggish acceleration like that is just unbelievable to me in a sports sedan.

That statement is unbelievable.
    You really just don't get it. Read up on the new G, then tell me about your features. And you must be my financial advisor to know that I only long for an M3, or 911, yet can't afford them..so I settle for a G. If you link to my picture in one of the previous posts, that is combined value of a 911C4S (With good negotiating) I drive what I want...not what I can scrape up the payments for.
    Oh yeh, here is edmunds (Same site as G stats on the TSX)
    I would be embarrassed to even bring up acceleration, or braking for that matter. A tsx will do 0-60 in 6.7 down a hill with a tailwind and slicks....maybe.
    0 - 30 (sec): 2.8
    0 - 45 (sec): 5.3
    0 - 60 (sec): 8.3
    0 - 75 (sec): 12.2
    1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 16.30 @ 86.33
    30 - 0 (ft): 33.13
    60 - 0 (ft): 127.87

P.S. The only time a G is 10K more than a tsx is with every single option available..rendering your superior features claim even more silly.
    Ironic that someone who attacks a preference as a character shortcoming worries about someone else offending someone with a non P-C term. RL is flagship..it was mentioned for your incorrect features claim. I'm glad your friend humored you with your car. My S2K would be hard pressed to lose My G on anything but the tightest roads. G would actually win on the highway.
    I could afford the extra 10k, and the M3, but my advisor said don't spend more than 10% of your income on a car. That's why I have a home.

I drive what I want...not what I can scrape up the payments for.

If you drive what you want, why do you drive a g35?

I'm in Canada. A TSX with navigation is 40k. G35 with Navigation, and sport package is $51,370.00 before Tax. I'm 35 years of age, with a home, family and I'm a car enthusiast. At this point in my life, I want to save, build assests and drive a fun car that allows me to have financial freedom and own the things I do. I'm the person that Acura was marketing the car for. It fits my life perfectly. So, you're missing the point. I don't want a g35, as it does not appeal to me. Faster or not. I see kids in my area that live at home with their parents driving them. I don't associate the g35 with status or it being worth my extra 10 or more grand. Over 4 years with interest, that's 14k. Keep in mind in Canada you have to earn 28k to get 14k (50% tax bracket here). You're 10k difference means I have to earn 28 thousand dollars more to drive the "next class level" of car. I'm just explaining this to you so you understand that for 40k, which was my price range, it was the best for me. I think it plenty fast and a true joy to drive for me everyday. I'm sure you feel that way about your car.

You have it good in the US, with cars.

Here's a quote for you from a recent comparison test.

That leaves us with the number one car here on the list, the Acura TSX. It's the most complete car on the list, with fluid handling, a gearbox that feels as if all of its innards are coated with Teflon, and refinement that others simply couldn't match. If that wasn't enough, the Acura's technology left us deeply impressed and often with our jaws dropped.
    This was comparing the Mazda 6, Jetta 2.0, volvo s40 and Acura TSX.

http://www.carpages.ca/go/roadtest/2006_acura_tsx_vs_mazda6_sport_gtv6_vs_volksw- - - - agen_jetta_20t_vs_volvo_s40_t5_comparison_test.aspx

I think it's fantastic that a car that's not even in the same 'class' as the G35 is being compared to it.

"You really just don't get it."

Will all do respect. We're not on the same page and i'm ok with that.
    You're fixated on which car is fastest. You're entire discussion of what's important about a car is based on which car would 'win'. That sounds like insecurity really. There are SUV's that are faster than a g35. A neon could be faster. For some of us, it's no big deal, because I don't drive to 'win'.
    http://www.topspeed.com/cars/infiniti/infiniti-g37-convertible-ar39487/picture18- 5216-0.html

G37 convertible. Thought you like to see this while you write another message about how fast your car is. :shades:
    You guys need to back off and stand down. This has turned into a personal spitting contest that's not helpful to anyone.

Agree to disagree and move on. And please knock off the personal remarks altogether.
  • wysguymdwysguymd Member Posts: 6
    I currently drive a TSX. The lease is up in October. I've been car shopping and the G35 is at the top of my list.

The TSX is a nice car, but very neutral- nothing to love or hate about it. The G35 seems more of a comparison to the TL (which I think is ugly).

Also test drove the Lexus IS250. Very nice, but given the price difference between the IS and TSX, I'd buy another TSX.

The G35 offers much more than the TSX, including a personality!
    I don't understand why people say you can't compare these cars. They both fulfill the same role in the marketplace, just with different emphasis. Does everyone here buy the most expensive car they can afford

I understand...

My decision came down to the 2007 Infiniti G35 -or- the 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.

For me, it had nothing to do with price or the top speed/0-60 times, even though the G was $300,000 less in price.

The G had more cup holders. :P
    People are welcome to compare cars across segments. People who think the comparos are inappropriate are welcome not to participate. :P
    Actually Pat, jus yesterday, you asked if anyone felt this comparo was justified or if it was time to close.

The fact is, although I completely agree with you on this, this thread has just become a little out of control and some have gotten a little offensive/defensive with their posts.

There hasn't been any real TSX vs G35 updates to this thread in some time.

My vote is, stick a fork in this one.... it's done. ;)
    I've become both offensive and defensive with the post. So, I agree, let's move on. Conversation was dead many submissions ago.
    I asked if anyone wanted to continue the comparo and a couple of posters indicated that they do. If I had made up my mind to pack it in when I asked the question, I would have just done it instead of asking.

Now I'm serious - if you are not interested in this discussion, please stop posting in it. It will dry up and blow away if people stop posting. No one is preventing you from "moving on" as you are requesting.

I am going to insist that going forward posts be on topic. Any further "direction" anyone feels the need to give me ;) should be done via email.

Thanks.
    With the Canadian dollar at around .95, I'm not sure why i'm paying that much more for a car here. Anyone know? Perhaps it's because the Canadian market is a rounding error in the big picture compared to the european and US car segment. Also, the igloo i live in can't park anything bigger than the TSX ;)

My lease will be up in about 2.5 years, so I'll be looking to see what Acura brings out. Right now, I'm having a blast with the TSX, and just put the A-spec ebony finish rims on the car.

I'm really loving the look of the new 3-series coupe and the audi A5. BMW will have to have a stong incentive with interest rates for me, just not paying 7.9% on any car. My TSX was at 2.9%.

I'd like to see a TSX coupe that's lighter and smaller than the G37 come out. Great styling with the new G37. If the TSX goes more 'upscale', it would be interesting to see if they could create a car that offers the same price advantage and options of this TSX. I'd prefer a normally aspirated engine over the turbo, with an optional 4x drive. If they could keep the weight down (not sure that's possible with 4x drive), I'd like to see a 8000rpm red line. Keep the fun factor high, like this version and i'd consider it over a G37 coupe. I don't care for that huge dial on the G37 dash, and sitting in the new coupe, it felt like all the work was done modifying the lines of the outside, but the inside still felt cheaper than the exterior look of the car. I hope that exhaust sound changes on the G37. Anyone else like or dislike that exhaust sound on the G35?? My brother has an FX35, with that same buzzing sound.
    I've been told by my Acura dealer that all cars within their lineup will soon be SH-AWD, so within the next year or two, that will include the TSX.

I personally love the sound of the exhaust on my G35.
    I've heard the FX35 and it is a weird sound, but the G35 does not sound quite the same. It's a lower tone with a little more grunt... not that strange buzzing noise like in the FX.

I've been liking the BMW 335 from what I've seen online.
    A co-worker just bought one (coupe) and he parks it right next to my G in the morning.

It's completely ugly when it's sitting next to the G, n my own opinion. ;)
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    I hope not. i prefer fwd or even rwd
    What year is your G35?
    Born March, 07
    Very nice. I've been seeing the new models around the area where I live. Looks like they've got the styling down for this model. I thought the previous model looked a little narrow, but the new one looks "beefier". Watch the cops in that machine!
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    I can see this chat has not changed since my last post. Keep it going Host PAT.. anyway I would like to address the G35's interior --I think its fantastic-- the nav system and all the entertainment features are great..bose, 6 disk, hard drive, compact flash, sat radio and a mpg hookup --the tsx also has a real nice interior and nice nav system but infiniti has really raised the bar and incorporated the interior of the M to the lower G. The Tsx and the TL are a little dated at this point but I think for the price the TSX is one fantastic auto..but watch out the new accord might be a better deal.. in EX 4cyl form its pumpin out the same 200hp and a newer layout and in v6 form its got a 60 hp advantage with a better interior. its amazing how one year can change the automotive landscape.. i remember in 2000 when i bought my acura integra gsr with 170hp (and a fantastic engine and manual) now 300 hp is the standard along with climate control-ipods and stability control. I do think the g35 right now is that standard the others are looking at --yes bmw and acura along with lexus == the reason is the technology in the car the fantastic nissan engine and the price its hard to beat. Look at the sales numbers and they'll tell you the same.
    I would suggest anyone in the market for a great overall car, grab a TSX while you can. My experience has been nothing but positive. I put the Aspec rims on the car and it looks a lot more aggressive. The new Accord, well...hmmmmmm. I'm trying to like it. The coupe, perhaps. The sedan, that thing could have 400hp, still not into the styling. The G35 Sedan and coupe are tough to beat. I personally don't care for the interior (sorry sweendogy). The clock annoys me and still find the interior a bit ergonomically challenged. The interior on the doors is flat, bland and the cabin feels a tad narrow (must be some illusion, because i'm sure it's wider than it feels). However, bang for the buck, it's about the best out there. Looks great on the outside, tons of power and features. It's the interior that kills it for me. After sitting in even the now 'long in the tooth' TSX, still looks better to me. Albeit, the G35 seats felt exceptionally comfortable with great lateral support. I'll see what happens when my lease is up. If the IS350 had back seats, it would be in the running. Perhaps the interior of an Acura, refinement of the Lexus and the looks of the G35 - or a buggati veron if you have a spare 1.4million.
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    G35 interior bland?? dont see it-- are we talking about the 2007??? I think for 07 they did a good job making it more userfriendly. Voice control of everything along with easy button control of every function (sorry IDRIVE) could not be better. I do think its a little narrow on the inside and the steering wheel not the best.. The clock is a infiniti gimick and a non factor for me. I would agree with you on the TSX great car but again for that kind of money its prob worth a look at the new accord or even branch out --Saab new 93, the subaru legacy sport both AWD with more power -- I would of loved to by another acura (for the service and reliablity) but lack of AWD and the overall package for the price has caught up with you/.
    I hear ya. Never been a Saab fan as the exterior and interior both were lackluster for me. Subaru Legacy just seems to have an identity crisis. Kinda has TL lines with a back end that look old Toyota camry like. I like the Infinity line and I think by sales volume the G35 sedan and coupe are making BMW sweat a little. I prefer the interior of the Acura's and Mercedes. I had a 3 series and never really liked the interior of the BMW. I got 2.9% lease rate and about 4000 off list with the Navi and cost for the Aspec wheels. Very few black 06' TSX's with ebony finish wheels out there. I'm digging the car a lot and find it a joy to drive everyday. Albeit the look of the the new G37 and G35 from the outside is very appealing. They've improved the interior of the 07', but the center console and even the navigation placement with that pop up looking screen is unattractive to me. The horizontal spot with that large round dial is just not working for me. Maybe I would get use to it. Who knows, maybe my next car will be an infinity as they have some of the best overall packages to offer. Swap the interior of the Acura and i'm in.
  • adamr001adamr001 Member Posts: 95
    Interesting opinon on the interior of the G35. I'm a big guy (tall-ish and overweight, :P ) and I fit well in the G35. It can feel a bit narrow but I blame that on the sheer size of the center console. It's bloody huge! I'm confused the most by your popup comment. I'm not sure I see what you're talking about... Now, saying it's not attractive, well, that I can understand. Having a big effectively blank, non-matching blob in the middle of the console is always going to be unattractive, imo.
    For reference, here's a good photo of the 07 console:
    http://www.tall-tales-racing.com/img/cars/g35/images/g35_10_console.jpg

The main thing I don't like about it is the Infiniti Controller. I never use it so it feels wasted to me. (Why use it when I can do everything with the on-wheel controls?!) I also agree on the clock being gimmicky but in a day and age when most teenagers can't seem to read an analog clock it amuses me to have one in the car...
  • jl114jl114 Member Posts: 3
    If you don't like the infiniti controller you can still perform a lot of the functions without it. They don't limit you like the idrive. I'm very glad they didn't go for a pop up screen thing, i hate those. If anything, they look ugly!
  • johnnniebgoodjohnnniebgood Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyonel, I'm new to the townhall.

Currently own an '04 TSX / 36,000 miles with absolutely no major mechanical and/or structural issues....I can't believe how well it holds its resale value too!. However, I get the new car itch every few years and my TSX is on the way out. I understand TSX's and TL's will be redesigned in '09, but I'm not sure I want to wait until then...Hmmm, what to do? . I LOVE the G35 and with AWD (needed where I live) and package options its price is comparable to the TL not the TSX.

I agree with previous posts the better comparison of TSX might be (amongst others) the Lexus IS250 or the Audi A4 2.0.

I'll keep up my new car search ..... I think I have it narrowed down to around 12 different models right now...haha. Keep up the good posts!
  • mokos23mokos23 Member Posts: 1
    I like my TSX, but to me it handles bad in the snow at least compared to the G35x model and even other AWD cars because the TSX is only FWD.
  • blueshirts0319blueshirts0319 Member Posts: 4
    I was in the same situation. My 05 TSX lease is up about 5months but itching to get out of the car. I switched to a G35xs about two weeks ago and loving it so far.

The infiniti dealer bought out the TSX lease so I'm not responsible for any more payment. I still haven't open up the throttle yet since the car only have 250miles but man I can't wait to drive it everyday. Love the safety of all-wheel drive (I'm from NJ) and the torque of the car. You won't regret it. Almost got into a TL-S but my last Acura and Honda just full of annoying rattles. I came from 4 honda cars before switching to Nissan.
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    All three were on my wife and I's short list. We often times compare vehicles that others would not consider in the same class.

I've owned several Hondas and have an 06' Civic as my commuter vehicle, we've owned other Nissans as well, all trouble free.

We opted for the G35XS, the monthly payment was about $100 per month higher than a TL and about $200+ over a TSX, all with identical lease terms 36months, 15,000 miles just inception fees, between $1000-1500.

They all are very capable vehicles. I doubt anyone here could offer incite as to which is better. In my instance we did not want to wait for the redesigned TL and TSX to see which had AWD, and compare, then go through the negotiating process when we had what amounted to an invoice deal on the G35XS.
    I am a former owner of 2 nissans,bought new and had bad luck with both of them-engines had to be replaced due to defects. (under warranty). They were both quiet (no rattles) but then again so is my 06 tsx 6spd, bought new 11/17/06 with 35,000+miles. The last car that I owned that had awd was a 1998 eagle talon Tsi. It was a great car to drive when there was not too much traffic on route 80 thru the delaware water gap. Otherwise I was just as happy driving a car with FWD. (I am a former jerseyite-bergen, ocean, sussex and warren counties). The g35xs only comes with automatic (not for me). good luck and safe driving.
  • gasnetgasnet Member Posts: 49
    I own a TL and this should be compared to G not a TSX. A TSX is a girls car.At first i thought this post was a type error (he meant TL)
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    I agree, the TL and G are more similar. Both are overweight pavement leviathans best suited for septuagenarians who don't want to feel anything while driving to the Bingo hall.

Enjoy your Buick - er, I mean TL :P
    When my tsx was being serviced I had a 2008 silver TL as a loaner car. I had requested it so I could try it out. I was able to keep it overnight driving 500+miles. It made me love my tsx even more. I am not into automatic so that was a minus and it drove like a "buick". Nothing to brag about except saying yes I drive a "acura". I do see alot more TL's than tsx's in my travels.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    "I do see alot more TL's than tsx's in my travels."

Yeah, me too, by far. That alone is an excellent reason to be driving a TSX. In my case, the other big one is that the TSX has fold-down rear seats standard and the TL doesn't even offer them.

If I end up with one, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with driving a "girly" car, much as I did when I drove my Miata R type.

I can live with it.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
This discussion has been closed.