Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Rabbit Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi frooky. You can look up the prices of the options that you are interested in by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. As far as this car's lease program goes, it varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Rabbit with 15,000 miles per year are .00261 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lilturd71lilturd71 Member Posts: 1
    Hey there, Car_Man.

Could you please let me know the money factor and residual on a 4-door, manual trans 2008 Rabbit? Lease period 39 months, mileage 12,000 per year? Thanks.

I test drove it a few weeks ago and had them give me a ballpark quote on what a lease would be for the car @ $23K. Of course, I'm going to haggle to get it for around the invoice price of $20,366.00, no money down.

They gave me a "quote" of $299/mo for 39 months w/$2,500.00 down. That seems like an awful lot. They said that for each $1,000 deducted from down payment amount, add $25 to the payment. So, that would make it around $362/mo if I didn't put anything down.

I have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner (lease is up in a couple of months), and the payments on that thing are $375 (39 mo lease).

I want to make sure I'm armed with enough ammo when I go in there. They usually look at a woman car buyer and assume she doesn't know how to deal. Wrong!!!!

Thanks much for any help! :blush:
  • rachkaprachkap Member Posts: 1
    Hello car man,
    I have a few questions. I am looking to lease a rabbit for 39 months, 12k/year, 2000 down in NJ (7% sales tax). My dealer kept saying what a great deal the cars are right now in December. I am curious if I really am getting a good deal. The price of the car I picked is 17504.
    1) What should my monthly payment be for a lease?
    2) What should my monthly payment be to buy over 60 months at an apr of 2.9%?
    3) What is the residual factor on leasing?
    4) What is the money factor on leasing?

I am not too familiar with the vw pricing or deals since I was originally looking at a mini cooper. Any help that you can give me in making a good decision would be helpful. Thank you, car man.
  • aleafinsfaleafinsf Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I am a new rabbit owner and wanted to share my lease experience as I figured that the numbers provided by dealers don't really mean much. There are way too many other variables (besides downpayment, interest %, # of months...etc.) involved when they actually come up with a quote, which will remain a mystery, and I don't mind. Here is the deal I got for my 2.5 automatic 08 Rabbit. $1,200 down (including everything) $250 (inluding tax) @ 24months.
    The car doesn't have any extras on it but I am happy with is as it is. Except for one thing, my current mpg average over the frist tank was 15.6 which I posted on a seperate discussion .
  • doug_tdoug_t Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for posting your info, aleafinsf.

One clarification needed though ... is that for the sedan or coupe - there is significant price difference between the two.
  • harbillyharbilly Member Posts: 11
    Dear Car_man,

I am interested in lease a 08 4D AT rabbit. Either 24 month of 36 month with 12K per year is fine with me. Could you please direct me which one is the better deal, and what are the MF and residuals? tons of thanks!
  • felixpfelixp Member Posts: 2
    Dear Car_Man,

Can you let me know the current money factor and residual val from VW Credit for the following car:

08 Rabbit 4 dr - 36 mos, 12k per yr (36k total)

Thanks a lot!
  • dsvogel18dsvogel18 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for the same info on money factor and residual value. Does anyone have this?
    Here you go, harbilly. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 VW Rabbit 4-door with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00151 and 58%. I haven't crunched any numbers, but I suspect that the 3 year term will yield a lower monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dsvogel18. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • juxtjuxt Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Could you please provide the money factor and residual value for an 08 rabbit 2 door. 12/miles per year. 36 months

Thanks a lot
    Here you go, juxt. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • harbillyharbilly Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the information, Car_man. I am still shopping a Rabbit, and my plan changed a little bit. Could you please tell me what's MF and Residual for a 08 4-Door Rabbit 3-year lease with 15K mileage per year? Is lease rate the same for a 2-Door Rabbit?

Thank you as always,
  • joree85joree85 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car_man,

Would you please post the MF and residuals for the same car, but for 24 months?

The 36 month rates come out to a nice payment with $0 down.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!
    No problem harbilly. Here's the info that you're interested in. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Rabbit 4-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00138 and 55%, respectively. The numbers are exactly the same for the Rabbit 2-Door.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, joree85. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Rabbit 2-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00138 and 66%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • suzannnesuzannne Member Posts: 1
    So car_man mentioned the $750/$1250 (MT/AT) cash incentives that are available on new Jetta leases, and was curious if anything was available for the 2009 Rabbit for these last days of June?

Going down this afternoon 2-dr, MT with Cold Weather Pkg and Mats for a total cost (inc. destination) of $16,300.
    Hi suzannne. Volkswagen is still providing cash incentives on '09 Jetta leases, but unfortunately is does not have any cash on the '09 Rabbit right now.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.