Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Freestyle Audio MP3 iPod CD NAV

gotomlgotoml Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
Aux Input?
I have the 6 cd mp player. There is an aux button,
anyone know if you can add a jack (input) for an Ipod, etc?

Comments

• brewthombrewthom Member Posts: 2
    I just got my 2005 Freestyle yesterday and can't find any documentation on how to make the cd shuffle shuffle all cds. Is this just not possible?
  • jbrooks544jbrooks544 Member Posts: 8
    I believe the aux only works if you have the factory dvd player. the dvd player has rca inputs. I just recd. my FS and will be trying that route soon. I couldn't believe that the radios have no aux input up front. blew my mind that any new car that wasn't a base model wouldn't have that. BTW, search the entire group for "aux" or "satellite" and you will find many, many posts dealing with this issue.
  • jbrooks544jbrooks544 Member Posts: 8
    again, do a search at the head of the freestyle board for aux or satellite. i was doing that and i ran across link to this device, which should work.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html
  • tucsonjoetucsonjoe Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any idea what kind of subwoofer is in the Limited "audiophile" sound system? How big is it? Is it powered, or is there a system amp?

I ask because I'm looking to upgrade the system in my SEL, and one option might be to simply add a powered sub to the stock head unit. Another option might be an aftermarket head unit, but I'm wondering what kind of subwoofer might fit into that little enclosure in the right rear where the sub lives in Limited models.

Thanks for any help!
  • passat_2002passat_2002 Member Posts: 468
    Let us know if you figure out a way to get a sub into "that little enclosure in the right rear". I've never figured out a way to do it without seriously disfiguring things.
  • tr4wtr4w Member Posts: 3
    I have replaced the factory radio wiyth a JVC head and satelite receiver. The install was simple and works great. But in doing so the sub is no longer connected in the system. I beleive the sub is amplified and driven by the 8 pin amplifier cable. (Only four wires are populated in this harness.

Does anyone have the wiring digram for this connector? My head unit has a sub output and I would like to wire it into the factory subwoofer.

Thanks for your help.
  • ncjeffncjeff Member Posts: 1
    After reading prior messages, still not clear what the aux input connection is. Is it RCA jacks? I want to use it for an XM radio and am hoping to find an inexpensive fix. Does anyone know where I can find out?
  • passat_2002passat_2002 Member Posts: 468
    Ford uses the "aux" button for the rear-seat entertainment system. If you don't have the RSE, you can use the aux button for a direct connect (like Sat Radio or MP3 player) by using a third-party adapter.

http://www.pie.net/store/index.cfm?action=ViewDetails&ItemID=17
  • saabturboidsaabturboid Member Posts: 178
    We have an '05 SEL with the DVD entertainment system. While the system works great I am less than impressed with the sound. I am not interested in changing out the stock head unit, but was wondering if anyone has changed out the stock speakers with higher quality units? If so, how did it affect the sound?

It also seems the SEL system is weak on power. Has anyone added an amplifier to the system. If so how, and how did it affect the sound?

- Chad
  • barnstormer64barnstormer64 Member Posts: 1,106
    You can only shuffle the songs on a single CD
  • jmusselmanjmusselman Member Posts: 2
    I recently had a third party aux adapter installed to accommodate my sirius satellite radio. Initially, I had no problems. However, after a week the radio would display "No Audio Aux Input" and would not recognize my sirius. I was able to identify a solution by changing from Aux to Radio or CD prior to turning the radio off. I did have another issue with the Air bag light coming on. I took my Freestyle to the dealer who indicated that it may have been disconnected during installation (11 days earlier to the problem). The service manager indicated that some of my codes (including A/C) in the computer system were off and they reset them. I asked if the Aux adapter may have caused the problem and he indicated that he has not heard of such problems. Does anyone know if an Aux adapter for a device such as a sirius raio can disrupt the computer system or was this due to an installation flute? Thanks for any feedback.
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Blink Blink.

Mark.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Flute, fluke - you've been here ~3 years and you still stumble over a little chat typo? Gotta get with the program. ;)
    I wasn't sure if his Flute was a Fluke

Mark.
    Actually I think it was an iFlute. :sick:
  • jmusselmanjmusselman Member Posts: 2
    For argument sake as well as kicks and giggles let's say it was a flukey flute! Seriously, I am quite frustrated and would appreciate any feedback regarding this scenario - the aux input adapter inconsistently identifying the sirius radio. Does anyone know if it is possible for this adapter to throw off the programming of the internal computer or is it more likely due to poor installation? Thanks, in advance, for your feedback. :shades:
    Also, how are you sure you are not using too strong a signal into the radio?

I am assuming that you did not install the Ford kit to add Sirius radio. I know at almost $500 it is cost prohibitive but it is probably the best solution.

Mark.
  • lamamillslamamills Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an '06 Freestyle today. I saw the TripTunes accessory on the Ford site for $50. Does anyone know if I can plug my Sirius plug and play unit into this and use the aux input on my radio to listen to it instead on being forced to use the FM transmitter on the unit, which is awful(Starmate Replay)?
  • kkeith2kkeith2 Member Posts: 1
    I own an '05 SEL. Recently I loaded up the 6-disc changer. When I went to discharge the discs, two came out but the other 4 will not eject and I can no longer play any CD's. When the car is started, there is a short period of "initializing" during which it sounds like a toy machine gun going off inside the player - like maybe it's trying to eject. Then the display reads "CD ERROR".

Any tips?
    Its my understanding that Trip Tunes is just an FM Modulator. I believe that you can get something wired so that you can use the aux input however, it might just be easier to get the Sat Receiver upgrade kit installed.

Call your dealer and get the number of who they use for radio/alarm upgrades.

Mark.
  • tjcaddytjcaddy Member Posts: 1
    have 6disc cd radio i installed it wont load cd -get cd-error message
  • dg72dg72 Member Posts: 1
    anyone ever respond to you? i have the same issue.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "anyone ever respond to you? i have the same issue."

Look, if your vehicle is under warranty, take it in to the dealer. This isn't supposed to happen. It has not happened yet to my 2006 SEL, in 1.5 years, and I swap CD's a lot.

However, they are all "bought" CDs, not "burned" CDs that I created myself.
  • volfangaryvolfangary Member Posts: 105
    I had a similar problem with a previous car. It was a label on a CD that was partially loose and got hung up in player. A dealer told me high heat will cause labels to come loose from CD's. Don't know if this applies to your situation, but useful knowledge.
    Here's a collection of tips from the forums that may help although most of them aren't aimed at multidisk players or discs that won't load:

How to Remove a Stuck CD

Maybe the pull the fuse trick would fool it?
  • anm8edanm8ed Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am a new person the Ford Freestyle and so far I quite like it. We just an '06 with 34k miles on it. It was a certified ford and we opted for the 100k extended warranty.

I am currently looking for cross bars for the rack even though I know it wont hold a lot. It will come in handy and I know these forums have lots of information on that. Thanks for that...

The reason I am posting this is to say Hi and ask about the CD/MP3 player. We have the 6 disc changer with MP3. What I want to know is how do I get MP3s to play? Everytime I put an MP3 disc in it says bad disc. Is there a certain bit rate you need? What settings do I need to get this to work? We are getting ready for a 2k mile drive and this would certainly help those miles go by with 2 small girls. Any help would be appreciated.

Ed B.
  • deepuffdeepuff Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Ford Freestyle and it has the 6cd changer and mp3 player.
    I have no trouble with the changer when playing regular cd's. My problem is the MP3 player, I have tried and tried and what I get when I insert mp3 cd, is its reading disc, I think oh, thats a good sign, but then it spits it out and says bad cd' But its not a bad cd plays elsewhere just not in the Ford. I made the MP3 using Windows Media.
    Please can some one advise me on how to correct this.
This discussion has been closed.