Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Exhaust

gypsyjongypsyjon Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Has anyone had the TRD exhaust put on their FJ?

What kind of performance improvement did you get?

What did it cost?

TIA

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The one in the Edmunds fleet has it, and one tester is tiring of it after 8 hours:

Noises Off (I wish)
  • gypsyjongypsyjon Member Posts: 38
    Thanks for the info..any ideas on increases in fuel milage or anything else?

I am probably going to put a Magna Flow Cat back system on my FJ.
    No idea - you could ask Brian in that blog and maybe he can find an answer for you.
  • rollbarrollbar Member Posts: 297
    Any additional information on the subject of the TRD exhaust? I am getting close to a deal on an FJ that is the color I want and has all the options I want, the only problem is that it has the TRD, (I wasn't looking for it). I'm trying to determine if the high flow exhaust is going to cause me problems with the wife. Too loud, resonates, etc.

Thanks for the help,

Roll
  • fjclark07fjclark07 Member Posts: 1
    Mine came with the TRD exhaust. Since I don't know what the performance is like without it I can only tell you it isn't bad as far as noise. I did have the undercoating done and that reduced the noise level even more not that there was much to begin with.
  • don35don35 Member Posts: 5
    I ordered my FJ with the TRD exhaust and added an Airaid Cold Air Intake about a week after delivery. The seat of my pants tells me there was a noticable power boost! And the sound is mahvelous! And I'm a young 71!
  • aikidoaikido Member Posts: 1
    Dealer is telling me that customers are complaining about changes in the gas mileage of the FJ with the TRD performance exhaust modification. It would only make sense if the customer's have a heavy foot as a part of their daily routine drive. Under normal conditions I would expect better gas consumption we a free flow exhaust. Looking for comments from owners with the TRD system
  • i_love_toysi_love_toys Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if any of these additions to your car void the warranty?
  • mgnz47mgnz47 Member Posts: 5
    I got the TRD exhaust with the new truck (o7 4x4) I think it was about 500$ extra. I wanted the dual exhaust that I had On my 06 Tundra, but I couldn't get it anytime soon? The word is that you have to get installed at the factory? (Borla, Great sound and power) I had the stock exhaust for about two weeks before they installed the TRD. While it sounds a little better, I noticed no better power or mileage. I have yet to get better than 19mpg in any situation?
  • fhrabetinfhrabetin Member Posts: 34
    Check tire pressure cold first thing in AM, if you can leave it in garage. Use dial, not stem gauge, and have a pump to bring all 5 tires ( include spare) up 32 lbs. Number on driver door jamb.
  • oy812oy812 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a used FJ and the dealer said it had the TRD package. It has the TRD rims but that could have been put on after market. Is there an easy or quick way to find out.
  • sm8770sm8770 Member Posts: 3
    i have finally decided on the fj cruiser (vs wrangler unlimited), but am unhappy
    about the loudness of the muffler/exhaust system.

i know it is not exceptionally loud, but i figure it may get a bit annoying over the months and years.

is there any way to quiet the noise, which is noticable with every acceleration?

thanks for any help.
This discussion has been closed.