Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Availability of Parts and Repairs

ccarofknowldgeccarofknowldge Member Posts: 19
edited May 2014 in Isuzu
Would everyone please share their current experiences regarding finding new parts and getting repairs at Isuzu dealers.

I have an Axiom and am a little worried about getting parts in the future since the vehicle was only produced from 2002 - 2004 and Isuzu has gone from about 450 dealerships down to about 150.

If I had a Rodeo or Trooper, I figure that I could cruise junkyards if necessary to find parts, but regardless of vehicle owned, warranty reimbursement would be difficult if there are no Isuzu dealers in a person's geographic area.

I was hoping that since GM dumped it's Isuzu stock, Isuzu would crawl out of the hole GM put it in. However, it seems to me that the people running Isuzu in America still seem to be running the company in a semi dead state. I hope this is just temporary, but I wonder what will we all do if we cannot get dealer parts and service if needed.

Any thoughts and experiences are welcome.

Comments

• ah0792ah0792 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 95 Isuzu Trooper with 3.2 SOHC It has a pecking sound coming from under the passenger valve cover. Its very loud but quits when the engine gets above 2800 rpm's. Could this be the cam or rocker arm?

Thanks Anthony
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Member Posts: 414
    Hi, you have what is probably the most common question regarding the Isuzu 3.2 motor. Briefly, it is probably hydraulic lifter noise due to low oil flow through the passages that supply oil to the lifters. The factory recommendation is to use a 0W30 Mobil One Synthetic oil for one oil change, and then run a 5W30 Mobil One thereafter. Once the detergent and easy flowing oil has a chance to clean out the passageway and refill the lifters, the noise usually diminishes or goes away. You can do a forum search to get a lot more detail on peoples experience with this problem. Good luck.
  • ah0792ah0792 Member Posts: 2
    I fixed it! Running Great Now! No noise at all! This noise was very loud but went away at 2500 rpm's but would come right back when the rpm's went below 2500. Almost sound like at rod. It was the timing belt tensioner pusher! Dealer item only! 85 bucks plus tax! New belt 48 bucks plus tax! I hope this helps anybody out there with this problem.

Anthony
  • benmanbenman Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have an online parts resource for a flex pipe (connects the manifold and the Y-pipe) on a 93 trooper? I tried ebay and several other online stores plus napa and piston ring. nothing.

thanks in advance,
    ben
  • tonyj1tonyj1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 1990 truck. All the decals under the hood are missing but the one on the firewall. It needs a clutch and I need to i.d. the motor. The tag said LW3, Any help would be greatly appreciated, tonyj1
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Member Posts: 414
    Hi, I checked my manual for 1990 engines, and for the pickup and trooper, there were only three for 1990. Both 4 cylinder, with codes 4ZD1 or 4ZE1 . The trooper also had a V6. Here is a link to let you use the VIN no. for identifying what you have. Good luck.

http://www.carspace.com/atfdmike/Albums/ISUZU%20TROOPER%20FORUM/90%20truprvin1.g- if/photo/v./photo.jpg
  • fuxerfuxer Member Posts: 1
    I have the same truck, but with the DOHC. Your problem is the timing belt tensor & or timing belt pusher. Autozone's website has detailed instructions on how to replace it. I'm in the process of doing mine now. You'll know if that pusher is bad if you can push it in with your hand. The only way you should be able to pus it in is with a vice. Words of Wisdom: Be very careful that you don't strip or break any bolts in the block like I did! Good luck, you'll need it if you're doing it yourself!

- Devin :lemon:
  • chuckisuzuchuckisuzu Member Posts: 2
    Couple of thing here......First: Isuzu has started a new program called MyIsuzuParts.com that is a FREE online parts catalog with a dealer search function built in. You can look up your own parts enter your zip code and dealers will then supply you with a quote for your items. The illustrations are excellent and the site is easy to use.

Secondly:Isuzu is not down to 150 dealers the number is higher than that. Isuzu has begun to add dealers back into its network so if there is not one in your area now there probably will be one soon. In the meantime... If you have trouble locating a dealer or having warranty work completed in your area call the Isuzu Owners Relations line they will assist you. That number is in your owners manual.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Good addition to the Online Repair Manuals guide. Thanks!
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Why would they be adding dealers? They haven't made a car or truck in several years! (Ascendor = re-badge = not isuzu)

-mike
  • dyiguydyiguy Member Posts: 1
    i have a 94 trooper, 3.2, 195,000km. a small coolant leak has developed, coolant is noticed and visible at the rear of the engine where the tranny bellhousing and engine mate. everything forward of this is dry, the radiator/hoses all dry. thanks to the brilliant isuzu design staff the lines to and from the heater core are next to impossible see, unless of course pull the engine. the wife would notice on occation the odor of coolant in the cab, which lead me to think heater core, however the carpet etc. in the cab under the heater core is dry. again the coolant is found dripping outside the cab. from what i can see with a dental mirror taped to a stick the rear of the engine is dry.. is there something hidden between the tranny bellhousing and rear block of engine that would leak coolant. i want to catch/repair this leak asap. any help would be appreciated....dad wants his garage back.
  • diesel19diesel19 Member Posts: 3
    you think its hard to get parts for a 2000 or so isuzu try a 1986 trooper with a 2.2L turbo diesel that was imported for only two years. its a modified verson of the PUP diesel N/A engine. a non running engine core is worth up to $1,000
  • romeldromeld Member Posts: 1
    Hello, does anyone know what is the correct model name/number for the 1999 Isuzu LS diesel Crew cab? There is no mention of the engine name for that model anywhere that I have looked and I am in need of a turbocharger for my pickup.
This discussion has been closed.