Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Accord Security System Questions

2»

Comments

• Options
    zoomzoom2010zoomzoom2010 Member Posts: 1
    1997 honda accord alarm issuesjust purchased this honda drove it for a few days, got home and tried to drive again the car wont start at all. No lights in the dash, but hoorn blows. Can someone tell me whats going on? By the way battery is fully charged and starter has power going through it.
  • Options
    lrhhhhlrhhhh Member Posts: 1
    My 99 Honda Accord EX did the same thing today when coming out of church at all times!!!! My husband opened the passenger side door. I need to add my power locks do not work nor does my remote. To further complicate things my drivers side lock does not work. So I must unlock the passenger side door and unlock the drivers side door by crawling over the seat. The passenger side door was left unlocked today, he simply opened the door and the alarm went off. My remote is a piece and of course would not stop the alarm. I thought by starting the car the alarm should stop it did not. It finally timed out after about 3 minutes. When we got home when I opened my door to get out it went off again. We had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut up. I thought I would just find the fuse for the horn, not realizing that the headlights and the flashers still go off when the alarm is going off. We found the relay for the horn under the hood and pulled it. When hooking the battery back up the alarm was still going minus the horn. It would time out but when opening the door again it would go off again. Finally took the key and locked and unlocked the passenger door from outside the car. The alarm finally stopped. Not sure what that was all about it has never happened before hope like hell it does not happen again. Frustrating!!!! :blush:
  • Options
    odigoodigo Member Posts: 1
    My car didn't start in the morning - i was able to open it with the remote but the car wont start.

I just came back from work and couldn't open it with the remote. i hooked it up to my other car for a jump start. When i attached the cables the alarm started and i couldn't stop it with the key so I inserted the key into the ignition and turned it - not to full way - and the alarm stopped. But i also saw a spark from the cables. i tried to jump start the car after this but nothing is happening - not even when i turn the key all the way - no cranking nothing... is this because the battery is totally dead or i did something to the anti-theft? thanks
  • Options
    mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    edited May 2010
    You said you saw spark from the cables. Cables shouldn't spark. Signs of sparking is most likely a dirty connection. If it's at the battery, a simple (and cheap) battery post brush will do the trick. You'll need to remove the battery clamps, clean the clamp and post, and replace the clamp. Do one at a time. The brush is available at any auto supply store.

Mrbill
  • Options
    jkelley02jkelley02 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2007 Accord EX-L and it has a security system. The system is very sensitee and goes off when the second garage door opens, the dog barks etc...does any one know of a way to "deactivate" the alarm when it is in my garage.

Any help would be apprecited.

Cheers
  • Options
    alaskanjujualaskanjuju Member Posts: 2
    I have a 93 accord and I use an Autolock-x brake or clutch lock....long story short I no longer have the key to remove the lock... short of having to call a welder to torch it off does any one else have any ideas? I've contacted the manufacturer and was told SOL they don't send out replacement keys. I've been thinking of removing the clutch peddal itself, however I'm not sure if that's the easiest way. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    alaskanjujualaskanjuju Member Posts: 2
    I have a 93 accord and I use an Autolock-x brake or clutch lock....long story short I no longer have the key to remove the lock... short of having to call a welder to torch it off does any one else have any ideas? I've contacted the manufacturer and was told SOL they don't send out replacement keys. I've been thinking of removing the clutch peddal itself, however I'm not sure if that's the easiest way. Thanks!!! :cry:
  • Options
    jmillerjmillerjmillerjmiller Member Posts: 113
    I don't have experience with this item, but after looking at various reviews of it there appears to be two good options:

1) Several people feel that a locksmith with any experience on this type of lock should be able to pick it open. So check with a couple of locksmiths that do road service.

2) If its the earlier model (not the PRO), you may be able to use a long prybar between the two legs of the device and bend the shorter one enough to wiggle it off the pedals. Between the nice long handle on the lock and a long prybar, you should get some decent leverage.
  • Options
    mlberestkamlberestka Member Posts: 1
    I recenty had my battery changed. All was well until I just got in my car to go some place. The car started but couldn't put it in reverse. I noticed yesterday when I locked it the horn didn't blow on the second click. Now my cruise control stays on as it show TCS on the dash. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. HELP. I can't go anywhere and today is Sunday and all service at Honda is closed. I spoke with sales but no one knows anything about these systems. I need to go to work tomorrow at 6:30am and service doesn't open until 7am. Any help out there?
  • Options
    gdchillwindgdchillwind Member Posts: 2
    My Remote key activates the system and opens the trunk, but the doors will not lock or unlock.When I press the lock button you can hear a faint click and the drivers door latch knob tries to move, then quits. I have changed the remote battery twice (just to be sure the first one was ok). I have checked the #8 fuse. The door latches operate fine using the in-door switch. I have pulled the door panel off and remove and reinstalled all electrical connectors (just in case there was a bad connection). The problem remains unchanged. Any ideas???
  • Options
    gdchillwindgdchillwind Member Posts: 2
    My cruise control quit working. If I hold the Master button on the steering wheel down it works fine, but when I release it the system shuts off. I've checked the fuses and electrical connections (the ones I can without disabling the air bag system). Any Ideas???
  • Options
    kap12kap12 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    I bought a used 1997 Honda Accord a few months ago and have had problems with the anti-theft system ever since I replaced the battery. I found the radio code and entered that with no problem. Radio works again. But now my car won't lock from driver's side. Also, just randomly, it will start this click-click-click-click noise when I get out of the car (and don't lock it). It will click for sometimes hours and sometimes not at all. The blue light under the instrument panel and to the left of my steering wheel flashes, but again I haven't locked the car. When I DO lock it however (from the passenger side), the light doesn't flash to show the system is alarmed. I don't have remote or keyless entry, just a plain old key. And it's a Honda key. I'm concerned that this might be what's draining my battery. When I bought the car, actually when I only went to test drive the car, the battery was weak. The dealer thought the interior lights had been left on. The day after I bought it, the battery died. Dealer dropped in another for free. Another crappy one I thought because a month later that one died. So now a brand new battery is installed. I will be working in the city and would love to have this problem resolved so that I can (a) lock my car from driver's side and (b) make sure the anti-theft system is working properly and (c) not be draining the battery. Anybody with info on 97 Honda Accord anti-theft systems that can help? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    naxx78naxx78 Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 98 honda civic and when I bought it the people I had bought it from had lost the remote to the anti-theft. I was wondering if anyone knows if honda can replace the remote?
  • Options
    ratcliff1ratcliff1 Member Posts: 1
    HELP ME PLEASE!!

I have a factory alarm on this car, now when it goes out on a long drive and the heaters are on and then car gets warm, I arrive home, park car, lock with the key fob thingy, come inside and about 10 minutes later the alarm will sound for about 30 seconds, then goes silent for a second then starts again. I have to leave the car unlocked all night. If I then lock the car in the morning the alarm will be okay all day until I then make another longish journey. I have had enough now, please can you help!! :mad:
  • Options
    rjjoubertrjjoubert Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I have a 1995 Honda Accord Station Wagon which came equipped with a "Titan" security system. Unfortunately, one of my remote devices has broken. Where can I possible get a replacement? I have "searched" the web every way possible and have had no luck.
  • Options
    mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    Did you try Ebay? Does yours look like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titan-2-Button-Car-Alarm-Remote-Transmitter-Fob-/1407960- - 37326?pt=US_Replacement_Remotes&hash=item20c81908ce

Even if it does look like your old fob, your still going to need to have it (or your alarm) reprogrammed to work with each other if that's even possible.

Mrbill