Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Inifiniti FX35 and FX45 Maintenance and Repair

tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
Got problems? Got solutions? Discuss them here!

Comments

• darthvedadarthveda Member Posts: 14
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to operate the Nav system while driving. It's a real pain to have to stop to type in an address especially when there is a passenger who could be entering the info. Anyone knows the solution to this?
    thanks
  • fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    When I purchased the car I noticed that at the dealership and the sales man told me the infiniti mechanics can overwrite that by installing some wire to bypass it. I have not done it myself, but he told me it can be done. If you find out please let me know as well. I know all the navigation system does that and that includes Lexus, Infiniti, Toyota and many others except for Honda and Acura. :surprise:
  • hyjynks55hyjynks55 Member Posts: 1
    Could use a little help. I bought my black FX35 two weeks ago. It was supposed to come with Roof Rail Crossbars but when delivered, they weren't there. The dealer, Infiniti Tustin, has agreed to add the crossbars, no charge (and with no hassle). However, they also suggested that I might prefer to have my FX "permacoated" instead, that I might find that more valuable to me than crossbars.

What do you all think I should choose?
  • chardonetchardonet Member Posts: 3
    Choose the crossbars. The silver ones are all aluminum, and the superior construction of it will justify why they cost so much. Warning: The instruction manual states that the crossbars are designed to NOT bear any load. The dealer and Infiniti websites offers several Yakima roof rack items. However, checking with Yakima, they verified that they do not make the crossbar adaptor for any of their applications. Strictly for looks only.
  • chardonetchardonet Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if the M45 engine management system can be applied to the FX45 to increase the horsepower to 335HP?
    The engines are identical in the 2004 FX45 and 2005 M45. Are there mechanical differences that will prohibit this, or is this a software update? If available, does the potential cost justify 20 HP (6%) increase in HP? Thank you for any information or experiences.
  • fxmercguyfxmercguy Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a 2004 FX35, which is my first-ever SUV and a GREAT vehicle! One weird thing - when I start the car from cold - I get cool air out of the Vent which continues as long as I drive the car (with fresh air In, Temp. set at 60F). However, if I were to stop and park the car, even for only 10 or 15 minutes, and get back in, the Vent air is now hot - even if the outside air temperature is cool. I've brought this to my dealers attention and they are trying to convince me that this is normal - that it will "cool down eventually". I've owned LOTs of cars and I've never had this problem with the Vent air being hot after the vehicle has warmed up. Any clues? Is this normal on the FX Series?
  • texasfx35texasfx35 Member Posts: 65
    This is a well known engineering "goof" in the FX model. The fresh air intake takes in air from the engine compartment. I have an '04 FX with the same problem, and as far as I know it is still present in current models. It will not get better unless the ambient air temp is really cool. Sorry about that.
  • bisontebisonte Member Posts: 15
    Bummer. My 2004 FX 35 finally has a break down. The passenger side outside rear view mirror died. It won't adjust up or down, only side to side. Something wrong with the motor, most likely. Off to the dealer's. Still disappointing as I have never had a problem with japanese cars before... Jon.
  • slummyjslummyj Member Posts: 57
    I have noticed that when I open the tailgate the door will stay in pretty much any place I put it. I can't remember if it used to rise with just a little push. It seem like it takes a good lift to open it all the way. It seems to do a better job of closing with just a slight push. Is this normal, or does it need new pistons?
  • jasonworthingjasonworthing Member Posts: 3
    I'm seriously considering purchasing a FX-35 in the next month or so. It's one of the vehicles on my list to decide between. For the past 15 years I have exclusively owned VW's and my personal experience with them have been wonderful (Corrado, Jetta, Passat). I assumed my next vehicle would be a Toureg but upon reviewing ownership experiences there are too many issues and very, very high cost of maintenance that make for items like brakes, tires, even windshield wipers a bit rediculous. I fear my need for a larger vehicle w/ minimal towing capability (motorcyle rider) and my thus far love afair with VW might be at an end.

I've done a lot of research finding out about the alternatives and without a doubt the FX is top of the list. It looks to have everything I'm looking for and I simply see no list of outstanding reliability issues that give me pause. If this short list on this forum is any indication of the problems folks are having with their FX'es then sign me up.

I initially just couldnt get over the materials chosen for the interior on the initial release, but am very happy to see that they are putting in more credible materials on the interiors now. It really has made all the difference in retaining my interest.

I hope to very soon have a "new fx owner here" message posted.
  • juliebellejuliebelle Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 05 FX35, used, and they are ordering me a owners manual. I can't figure out how to recline the rear seats?? I have looked everywhere for a lever!
    If the '05 is like the '04, there is a small lever for each seat back low on the seat back (near the seat back/seat bottom crease) and near where the passenger's hip nearest the center of the back seat would be. Look for it near the seat belt buckle. It is recessed a bit so is not readily seen unless you are looking specifically for it.
  • juliebellejuliebelle Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much... as of today, I still hadn't found it. One more question... Mine didn't come with an owners manual or a navigaition cd... the dealer said they would order me one, but it has been 3 weeks. how would i locate these items myself?
  • srz948srz948 Member Posts: 75
    I have a 05 FX35 for over a year and it is one of the best cars I've ever owned. That said, I just noticed the compass in the rear view mirror is suddenly displaying the letter "C" only. Does anyone know what this means? Is there a reset button. It worked fine up until a few days ago. I would like to avoid going to the dealer for this so any help is greatly appreciated.
  • rainman50rainman50 Member Posts: 1
    The "C" means that the compass needs to be calibrated.. It can go out of cal for a few reasons. To get it back into calibration you need to go to a parking lot and go in a circle a couple times or so (driving at a relatively slow speed) and it should auto calibrate. Normally in driving, it can cal by itself but it needs to have a rotational field at different degrees to calibrate. If this does not bring it to work properly then the mirror compass is defective.
    For the release levers, just look in the area I described. You will flat, black metal pieces that could look like part of the hinge assembly. Reach under the tab and pull forward. The seat back will release.

Regarding the owners manual, the dealer is probably the best source. Not sure what you meant about the Nav DVD. The player is under the front passenger seat. It should have the DVD in it. If not, they cost about $200 from Zernin (http://www.zenrin.com/). If your's does not have one, I think that is a dealer issue.
  • iamgeorgeiamgeorge Member Posts: 4
    I received a notice from Nissan North America, recalling the headlamp and rear combination lamp. The letter just stated that the old lamp don't comply with the standard, but not sure whether they are too bright or too dim. I am living in a rural area, prefer brighter headlamp. If you guys know anything about this recall, please let me know. Thanks,
  • sphere99sphere99 Member Posts: 36
    What year FX do you have?
  • iamgeorgeiamgeorge Member Posts: 4
    mine is 2005, but many many 2003 to 2006 are in the recall. Check it with your dealer
  • ktakta Member Posts: 1
    Jason...I have owned a 2005 RWD FX 35 for 14 months now...purchased 11 months old off lease for $28,000...now at 45K miles since new and could not be more pleased w the car. I am a gearhead, former racer and have owned a wide range of auto's...My other car is a 2004 BMW 330 Ci and, while the FX isn't as nimble ...it is much more comfortable and ergonometrically friendly. I bought for "usability' (carry my boat stuff)...and performance. Absolutely NO problems of any sort...averaging 19-20 mpg in town...24mpg interstate at 80 mph. Excellent road car. Great seats and amenities...jut replaced tires...no other than routine maintenence.
  • cengelbecengelbe Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to let you know if you still haven't received the owners manual it's a lot cheaper to buy one on Ebay then go to the dealer. I got the FX-35 CD with the Shop manual, Owners manual and NAV manual for about $35.00. It's a lot cheaper then the hundreds the dealer wants for the same manuals. If it's not for sale when you look wait a few days and try again it shows up after a while.
  • snsnsnsn Member Posts: 56
    I have had my 2007 FX35 for a little over two weeks. If I come home at night, I noticed that the Homelink light is not illuminated. I have to turn on the interior light in order to ensure that I push the correct button. I will have to double check; but, I am thinking only the front seat window buttons are illuminated at night as well (not the rear seats). This is in direct contrast to the handsfree Bluetooth (which I love). The handsfree will not let me make any major adjustments while driving (which I assume is for safety reasons); yet, I am suppose to fumble around trying to locate the correct Homelink or power window buttons at night?
    Correction: It's not the power window buttons; but, the door un-lock button that is not illuminated. The door lock button is illuminated.
  • bpfbpf Member Posts: 2
    We own a 2004 Infiniti FX35 purchased new.

We found the perfect one (tow hitch, cross bars etc) in Norwood, MA. Tried negotiating a deal but ended up walking away. The salesman was a dolt. The long and short of it -the Norwood dealership ends up shipping the FX we're interested in to New Hampshire. We negotiate the deal there and end up buying the FX in NH, but it wasn't easy. We end up driving all the way to NH only to have the dealership reneg on the deal and after much bickering back and forth end up getting the deal we drove there for.

Man, the car looks sharp though!!

CONCLUSION: INFINITI TERRIBLE BUYING EXPERIENCE

A year into owning it I conclude the following:

1. MISERABLE fuel economy. $58 fill ups on premium -ouch.
    2. Wouldn't be bad if the FX had decent power. No low end grunt, all the power is between 30 -70.
    3. It feels heavy, although well planted.
    4. The throttle is either "sluggish or full on", this is the first automatic I've owned in 8 years; I see slushboxes aren't still that great. (Have DSG in an Audi toy; better but still not perfect...)
    5. Not good in the snow, no better than a front wheel drive sedan. My Audi TT roadster with quattro has much better traction and I prefer to commute in it in snowy conditions.
    6. Harsh ride can rattle interior parts especially in the cold.
    7. The aluminum trim scratches way too easily. Tough with a dog companion. I understand the alum trim is no longer sold..
    8. Geesh this interior is kinda plasticky now that I look around.....
    9. Speaking of plastic, what's up with the plastic rear hatch and fuel cover....did I not purchase a "premium" product?
    10. Strange climate control always blowing cold air. Air conditionong is always on (thus the poor fuel econ??)
    11. I don't have the NAV system so the display screen displays radio and climate. Why are the radio characters displayed so cryptically? Reminds me of a cheap 80s Nissan.
    12. If I get asked one more time how I like my Murano I'm going to scream....

Man, but that FX still looks sharp!!

OK so after a year of ownership the battery keeps going dead - numerous times. SECOND time at the dealership and they figure the power is being drained by a faulty seat switch. Geesh - Nissan, maybe the switches aren't placed in the best spot....The FX is returned with a blown radio fuse. By the time this is discovered the dealership has closed for the weekend and now have to set up a THIRD appointment. Living down near the Cape and with the closest Infiniti dealership 35 miles away near Boston, MA this is a MAJOR inconvience.

CONCLUSION: INFINITI SERVICE "NOT THAT GREAT"

....but that FX still looks sharp....

Spring of the first year the FX and four people head to North Captiva Island for some fun in the sun. Wonderfully comfortable for 4, quiet, smooth on the smooth Southern highways. However, not enough luggage space in the rear so a smaller suitcase ends up being wedged between the two rear seat occupants. Again, terrible fuel economy averaging 17 MPG or so.

JUMP AHEAD TO NOW 2/2007), 33,000 miles:

Yesterday the power steering SH** the bed. Ever try turning 20 inch wheels without it? We've only owned Honda and BMW and never had anything go wrong mechanically....(can't say the same for that Audi, but knew that going into the lease .....)

Maybe two things going wrong in two years isn't that bad, but I expect more in a premium Japanese brand. This is my first and last Nissan product. I'm not impressed.

I'd like to point out my Mom just purchased a 2007 Honda Accord SE V6. Fantastic buying experience from Herb Chambers in Seekonk, MA (no dickering whatsoever) and what a fantastic car for 22K...this car feels like it's right from Germany...terrific ride, great seats, sublime engine. Looking at the vehicle content on the window sticker I notice this car has all the same safety/luxury features
    as the FX (for 22K)....what gives??

I think I've got my eyes set on an Accord V6 with a 6 speed.....anybody wanna buy a previously "enjoyed" FX?

It sill "looks sharp".....

(but personally I'd stay clear)...there is better out there.
  • callmerayzcallmerayz Member Posts: 11
    One week thus far holding on...Nice power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I researched used SPORT SUV's for some time, and ended up with a four year old fx-45. After reading about all the issues from all the other "sport" SUV's it was clear I don't want to spend a lot of time going from garage to garage getting things fixed. To further support my conclusion I drove all the different 4 plus year old suvs, and everyone had some problem... From rattles, to inop dash,steering, noises from everything and everywhere.
    I am happy so far... If I could change 1 thing it would be to have one more gear on the transmission so I could milk out a few more MPG.
  • bpfbpf Member Posts: 2
    Upadate: It appears the dealership I've been going to, Quirk Infiniti in Braintree, is no longer in business. However, Prime Infiniti in Hanover, MA just opened. Found out by going on the Inifiniti web site. Better for me since it's a lot closer. One would think Prime would do a mailing to local Infinti owners giving them a heads-up of their opening.

Anyway, the FX has been at Prime for over a week now. Sure enough, the power steering pump went. Would you believe there isn't a new power stereing pump to be found anywhere?

I can't believe even in today's "smaller world" with overnight delivery availbale everywhere a pump can't be obtained. Estimated delivery is March 15.

In the interim I end up with a 2006 Infiniti G35 AWD sedan. More Nissan junk - would you believe this "premium product" has a prop rod in the engine compartment in lieu of hydraulics? Minimal refinement in this automobile...I can't believe some consider this car the Japanese equivalent of the 3 series....I've owned one and it doesn't come close. How can they sell this car?

Anyway, the FX goes out of warranty next year. If the power steering went then I would be out a car for 3 weeks and would have to pay for a rental. This simply isn't acceptable and it's bub bye for the FX (and Nissan)......
  • crfabcrfab Member Posts: 7
    My 2003 FX45 is approaching 30K and will need its 30K service. The dealer (Santa Monica) is charging about $670 .. does anyone know another mechanic offering the same quality of service at a lower price. The dealer always marks it up by so much.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You could compare what the dealer is doing to the factory recommended service as outlined in the Edmunds Maintenance Guide. You may decide to just let the dealer to the required stuff - looks like it should run ~$171 in a 90210 zip code (hey, it's the only SoCal zip code I know off the top of my head :shades:).
    I owned the 2006 3 series. My first and last BMW. It was as you say "junk." Steering column had to be replaced, leather peeled and flaked - BMW would only replace the covering around the AC unit, tires had to be replaced, etc. All this in less then 1 1/2 years of ownership. I traded my 3 series in for the FX35. So far, I am pleased with my decision.
  • dkartzaldkartzal Member Posts: 1
    It's nice to know I'm not alone on this one. My Fx's power stearing pump broke down in Toronto. There is no part available anywhere in Canada. My car too has been in the shop for i week and the part is expected to arrive the week of March 12th. Apart from the pump the truck has been great.
    By the way, I had to wait one week for the steering wheel column to be replaced on my BMW. They also had to order the part (service manager said he had already replaced the steering wheel column on three other '06 3 series as well). Due to a "screw up" in my service appointment, a BMW loaner was not available. I ended up having to drive a Chrysler mini-van for a week.
  • cyruscyrus Member Posts: 25
    I just looked at the CONSUMER reports RELIABILITY assessment of 2003 to 2007, FX 35. (I own an 04 with 35k). It appears that 03 to 05 FX/35 Got Excellent scores for reliability. Only the 06 or 07 had average scores (But NOT 03-05). AS an FX owner I must say that my FX has been Supremely reliable. ONLY minor Problem I have had were a few squeeks and one rattle (which were fixed by my Dealer, in Glencoe, IL). (NOTE: It took 8 tries - yes EIGHT tries- and persistence over the last 2 yrs to fix the one dash rattle). Other than that I have been extremely happy with FX and will buy another in a heart beat.
  • smaynardsmaynard Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 07 FX35. Very disappointed. Has been in for service twice for the gps, works now but not very well I am still using my old portable because it works sooo much better. The bluetooth will not sink with my blackberry, check engine light come on every once n a while,cruse control only works about 70% of the time. All of this with less that 2000 miles.
    I own a '04 FX35 with about 55K miles on it. The dealer in Houston is recommending that I get the brake fluid flushed and replaced. When I questioned that recommendation, he said brake fluids can get burned with time and deteriorate. I have never heard of having to replace brake fluid, nor any independent mechanics I have asked. Any thoughts?
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    texasfx35,

Sounds familiar.. I own an '06, and have made the decision to go with the S2 maintenance schedule.

One of the last times I brought it in for an oil change they called me and asked if I had been bringing the car somewhere else for oil changes because it had been 5K.

Told them no, I was going by the S2 schedule from the manual. At that point the guy gave me a lecture that that is the "bare minimum" for the warranty and they never recommend going with that schedule. They wanted permission do a full oil flush of the engine (not sure how that is different from an oil change) and that it would be an extra $80. I said "no thanks".

This coming from a dealer who also thinks that a full alignment should be done every time the tires are rotated..

I took a closer look at the dealer's maintenance menu - it calls more more things at each service then even the premium service level in the manual. Now every time I go, I print out the maintenance schedule from Infiniti's website and highlight the items I want performed. MUCH CHEAPER!!!

Honestly, I am starting to question why I bother bringing the car 10 miles out of my way, when I could bring it to a local shop where they actually do what I request and don't try to up-sell me on service.
  • extech2extech2 Member Posts: 120
    Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air and turns from a clear to a dark brown color. This "mud", unless changed regularly, slowly destroys the seals in the brake master cylinder and in the calipers. I change mine every two years regardless of mileage, and the radiator coolant as well. The ABS unit also has several seals and gaskets, and if they leak the replacement can cost close to a thousand dollars.
    Thanks for the responses. I guess I am still puzzled as to why an FX would need the brake fluid replaced. If this is a common phenomenon, why wouldn't all cars have the problem, and why wouldn't the FX maintenance schedule indicate it needs to be done? The dealer said the fluid gets burned from overheating. Again, why would this be a problem with the FX unless there was some design flaw in the FX brake system?
  • extech2extech2 Member Posts: 120
    There is nothing wrong with the FX 35 design, the replacement of the brake fluid is highly recommended on any car. This used to be part of the standard maintenance years back, but with the new trend toward maintenance free vehicles it has been eliminated from some schedules to make it look better to the buyers. If you won't keep it longer than a 3 or 4 year lease then you can skip it but the next owner might end up with an expensive repair.
  • vanpoolvanpool Member Posts: 15
    I took my 2007 in today for the recommended 7,500 mile checkup. I was suprised to see a bill of $169.28 for this service. It was mostly and oil change and tire rotation. Here is the breakdown
    Replace Oil Drain Plug Gasket
    Engine pre-cleaner additive
    balance 2 front tires
    Program tire pressure monitor
    Reset Maintenance reminder
    Rotate tires
    replace oil
    replace oil filter
    inspect battery
    top off fluids (washer)

Labor was $109.50

It just seems high to me for such an early checkup. What have your experiences been with this 7,500 checkup.
  • duffer7duffer7 Member Posts: 17
    Oh boy, another recall -- my FX failed FMVSS No.108
    Can anyone tell me what the real problem is? My service manager just reads me the notification and won't(can't?) tell me what portion of 108 my FX is failing !
    I think they saw you coming on this one. Not sure why a FX with 7500 mile would need tires balanced unless you complained about vibration. Same with engine cleaner. Program tire pressure monitor? Should have been done at the factory. Reset maintenance reminder? A 15 sec procedure. Infiniti service is expensive, but this does seem high. My FX purchase included all routine service for the first two years (I think). I know the service invoices were no charge up to about 24 months. If you think this is high, wait for the 30K and 60K service.
  • vanpoolvanpool Member Posts: 15
    Well, I agree. I was more than supprised at the cost. I never even asked what the cost might be, and I never figured it would be that much for a 7,500 mile checkup. I wanted to use Infiniti for the maintenance, but I may start going somewhere else. The first checkup at 3,500 for just an oil change was $45. I can get that done for half the price at a jiffy lube.
    My Houston dealer charges $36.95 + tax for an oil change. But with that they check all fluids, the battery condition and cleanliness, tire tread depth, brake lining depth, etc. So I use them just to keep track of the car's condition. Yes, they are trying to find things to fix, but that is another story. I let a private tire/brake shop in my Houston suburb replace the rear brakes. They used Infiniti pads from my dealer and charged me about half of what the dealer asked. I had to replace a windshield last year. Dealer wanted $625 +/-. Local windshield shop charged me $275 and they waived my $50 deductible. So you really have to do some comparison shopping. However, if it comes to Infiniti-specific maintenance I don't think you can go wrong with the dealer. They know all the tricks and what makes you car work and not work.
  • cyruscyrus Member Posts: 25
    I paid $55 (fifty five dollars) for the 7500 miles service on my FX 35 at fields infiniti in chicagoland area (this was only 2 yrs ago). It included oil change and Tire rotation (plus other minor checks and fluid top off). My 3500 k was under $36 (oil only), 30k was $640 (included all sorts of stuff, except the cabin micron-filter, which would have been an additional $80). Surprisingly, the 60 k service on FX 35 is an Unreasonable $1300 (last one makes no sense to me even with my PhD degree). My suggestion to you is that next time ask for a service price sheet before you go in. I asked for one when I bought my FX just to see how the maintenance costs stack up. I thought it was reasonable given even the humbler NISSAN dealer's price list for the same services, except for the 60k service at my dealer. Regardless, I have found my infiniti dealer at Glencoe, IL very accomodating and truly have bend backwards several times to take care of my needs (even when I recently refused the small loaner G35's and asked for the larger FX 35 as a matter of safety concern). I hope this price list helps.

I always ask for an AUTOMATIC 10% discount as I have a good relationship with service people at my dealer (always ultra-polite to them and respectful of their feelings even as the customer).
  • srr3306srr3306 Member Posts: 12
    I know most of you think you are too smart to let this happen (I did too.) These guys can take you for quite a ride if you are not careful. Here is a letter I wrote my dealership in protest. Do not let them do this to you!

General Manager & Service Manager
    Infiniti of Gwinnett
    3090 Satellite Blvd.
    Duluth, GA 30096

I want to inform you of my intense dissatisfaction with our recent visit to your service department.

On April 25, my wife brought our FX35 in to respond to the exterior lighting recall notice. We also requested an oil change and new wiper blades. No other service was planned or needed at the time, based on prior services and the maintenance schedule we follow in the owner’s manual.

We had generally had good experiences since we started using your dealership for service in 2005, and service advisors who were cooperative and helpful.

This time, it was our misfortune to encounter Bryce Busby. He used my wife's lack of knowledge and preparation as a way to sell her over $700 worth of unnecessary services. These include:
    Fuel Induction Service for $147
    Power Steering flush for $147
    Brake Fluid flush for $118
    Auto Transmission flush for $309

Mr. Busby called me between meetings at work at my wife's request to get my permission to perform these additional services. He advised me that these were recommended my Infiniti and necessary for a 2004 FX35 at 30k miles. I did not have any reference materials (computer or owners manual) with me at the time and I was forced to make a snap decision as I was busy at work and (as Mr. Busby no doubt realized) did not have time to verify his claims.

As it turns out, only one of these services, is recommended in any service schedule from the manual, and none was necessary. The transmission flush is only recommended under the premium schedule.

And, to add insult to injury, they did not even replace the wiper blades!

Needless to say, I will not consider your dealership when it is time to replace this vehicle next year and never use it again for service. I know that, in the end, I should have refused the service and this thievery is the result of my mistake, but the one positive thing I can do is get the word out about this service advisor and inform you, as well as other Infiniti customers that my future business is lost due to your new policy of gauging your service customers.
  • ayenewayenew Member Posts: 11
    I have a much older car (05 FX 35). All my service stops have been resonable. Do not remember any over $100. The 15K and 30K services are the eye opener events for me where I think 15K came to a couple of hundred and 30K was about double that. But, I would tell you that two years later, I still am very very pleased with this car. It does Chicago winters and I-94 traffic just fine. Only painful part is avg 18mi/gallon.
    Your 03 is approaching 30K in miles? Wow! I have an 05 and I zipped past 30K that last month. Yes, that 30K service was rather higher. In Chicago (Glencoe), it is not that much different. I loved the $49 for wipers part.
    cyrus,

I have been tracking your notes as I too ironically have an 05 FX 35 and use the Glencoe service. I pretty much pd similar prices to yours. I was not too happy with that $640 charge but $1,300? WOW?!! My car payment is not even half that!

I would agree with your that Glencoe is rather nice but was not aware of the 10% discount thing. Is that because you bought it from them? I did not. I bought mine in TN.

As for service, though often good, I have had to sit there for 2 hours because they ran out of oil (no joke - oil change gone longer) and the car wash once brought back my car with the front license plate with plate holder sheared off and barely hanging there. But, they do make amends so I am not complaining.
  • vaughn4vaughn4 Member Posts: 106
    Purchased an 07 FX35, touring, tech package w/XM, hands free, etc. in April and have had nothing but problems with it. First the sunroof rattled and it took 3 service visits before they basically had to replace all of the tracks. They had to drop the head liner and that brought on another host of issues which eventually led to the replacement of several items they damaged in the process.

I have also had a steering wheel vibration since day one and again after three visits they determined that the rack and pinion and all the associated linkage has to be replaced. I initially thought it was the tires so I replaced them with Michelins but the vibrations continued. They balanced and re balanced the original Potenzas to no avail.

It seems Infiniti parts are very scarce because the parts were on back order and had to be ordered from Japan - it has taken a month. The parts are here and I take the SUV in again on Thursday for the repairs. I remain very skeptical. Hopefully this is not a sign on things to come with this vehicle :lemon: ???

Anyone else experience the steering wheel vibrations around 65 mph? Was it resolved and how?
  • lirpa007lirpa007 Member Posts: 14
    Did you purchase brand new? If so you may be smelling a :lemon:. Or maybe it was a dealer demo? I bought mine in May, and no problems. If they gave you a major discount on this fx, they probably knew about it :surprise: .