Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35 Rattles

dennishoudennishou Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in INFINITI
Has anyone had sucess w/their dealership in resolving the windows that rattle in the track? I have an 06 G35 sedan, the dealer told me this rattling problem was common on the 05's and that Infiniti so far had not/can not resolve?

Comments

• rollbarrollbar Member Posts: 297
    For the first time this weekend, I heard my drivers window "click" as it went down. It was a soft ratching kind of sound and the window was wet at the time.

Hmmmm. Hope this is not going to become a problem. Otherwise no window "rattles" so far that I have noticed. I have 5000 miles on this G35 Coupe.

Roll
  • ednwongednwong Member Posts: 1
    I had the dealers check it out and the bolts in the windows were too long and were rubbing against the window. They replaced the bolts with shorter ones for free.
  • cwise1591cwise1591 Member Posts: 3
    I've had this problem as well with the tapping noise in the window door jam. Took it in and they replaced the bolts and some other pieces. It worked for about 7- months then it came back. Recently about a month ago went in for an oil change and i needed new rear brakes at 14,000 miles. had them check the back windows again for the same problem which has come back. They then shaved the bolts to the right specs from Nissan. and yesterday discovered it again. I think it is a normal wear and tear problem and when it is fixed it only lasts a short amount of time it is not perminent. Even though i love my G it is a real announce and thankfully the lease is up in a couple of months so i can get the M35X because these problems are not in that car. HOPEFULLY THE 2007 G's DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM??????
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I was hoping to find out if anyone with a G37 has had any issues with rattles/noises coming from loose body panels in the doors, console, dash, rear speakers, etc and if you have had any quality issues with the car in regards to gaps, materials falling apart or wearing prematurely, etc

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • pbenjungpbenjung Member Posts: 1
    My 08 G35 has rattles/noises coming from all over the interior and front glass. The dealer fixed a loose bolt in the moonroof, but not the others. The steering wheel and interior door handle scratched easily, making this "luxury" car look like an entry level car. I am not happy and will not buy another Infiniti. :mad:
  • rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    edited February 2010
    I have a 2008 g35x with its share of rattles more than I would expect from a luxury car.
    A windshield creak when its very cold.
    A rear shelf rattle that returns every time its put in the air for a tire rotation or oil change.

Sounds minor but its a pita and time consuming bring it back
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Wow :surprise: I'm surprised to hear you guys are having such trouble with your G35s with rattles; my FX35 gave me no such problems the entire time I had it and I had it expected it would because of how firm and bumpy the ride is so I thought over time that ride would loosen things up but it never did, oh well - I guess you win some your lose some!
  • vastevevasteve Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 G35X and I have had a rattle from very early on that seems to be coming from the "A Pillar', though some service technicians seem to think it is coming from the middle of the top of the dash. I have had it driven,analyzed and worked on four separate times by technicians at my local dealer. There has never been any progress made on finding this particular rattle. They have put extra foam padding where the dash meets the firewall and at other areas of the dash and they have taken the front of the headliner down to make sure that everything was secure. The rattle is just as bad (or perhaps worse) as it has ever been. The noise is definitely much worse and more frequent during cold months (once the mid seventies hit, I seldom hear it). I guess to be more precise, this is not a metallic rattle, but more like a clicking or creaking sound (sometimes faint and sometimes very loud). Does this sound familiar?
  • ikazikaz Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a G37 touring premium 9/4/10. From day one, it has a sqeaking/scratching sound coming from the driver A-pillar when going over bumps. I though it might be new plastic or rubber sqeaking and would go away after a little aging. I have about 360 miles on the car now and it still has not gone away. I will call the dealer about the issue but am a little worried about fixing one rattle and creating two new ones when the dealer is through putting things back together. Curious to see if anyone else has dealt with this issue.
  • ikazikaz Member Posts: 2
    I just got the G37 back from the dealship for the drivers side A-pillar rattle. They found the XM Radio antenna wire loose as it travels down from the roof in the A-pillar. They secured it better and the sound has gone away. There is still a faint creaking noise from the top of the dash near the drivers console which is noticeable when the car goes over small bumps. They said to drive the car for a few thousand miles and see if the noise goes away as things settle in. A faint rattle from the passenger rear door is also noticeable and I am taking the car in tomorrow to try and diagnose this problem.
This discussion has been closed.