Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS 350

Comments

• newrnewr Member Posts: 24
    Just want to see what the opinion is with the stereo system? Is the ML worth getting? The only AWD GS350 in Arizona only has the standard premium system..does any know what the power and make of the regular system is?

I would like the ML system, but I don't know if it's a huge difference?

Would appreciate any input!

thanks
  • bmwconvertbmwconvert Member Posts: 75
    The problem on my GS450h, is that does not stay in auto mode, which is what I'd prefer it do. It starts in either fresh or recirc (I guess depending on the relative temperature) but then stays in which ever one it started in.
    The more appropriate action would be remaining in the mode last used. Maybe a bug in the software?
  • tlouietlouie Member Posts: 20
    IMO, definitely worth it. ML has a subwoofer and more watts per channel, it also plays DVD when car is in park position. I tested both versions before buying, the ML seems to have a surround sound effect.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Chucko, I saw your post about the the recirc.
    button and the fresh air button. When I bought
    my RX350 last year, whenever I would turn on the A/C, it would always be with the fresh air on. Now, I've been one of those people that like the recirc. button on all the time in my cars. I don't like to smell the nice exhaust smells from outside.

My 2002 Maxima that I had before the RX would allow me to just keep the button pressed in for
    recirc. air. So with the RX, I would always push in the recirc. button, but eventually it would go back to fresh air. It was a little
    frustrating for me. Well, fast forward to almost exactly a year later and now when I put
    the A/C on, the recirc. button always seems to
    be on now. I don't know. Kind of reminds me of the famous Toyota transmissions that are supposed to learn your driving habits. I guess
    the A/C has learned my habits!! :shades:
  • dunnbtjrdunnbtjr Member Posts: 2
    The ML stereo is by far the best sound system in any car I have ever heard. It truly is worth the money especially if you also get the digital satellite(wonderful sound).You can ride anywhere and listen to really great music.Please listen to the standard system then the ML no comparison.
  • dunnbtjrdunnbtjr Member Posts: 2
    Go to LA Wheels-they will take your old wheels in trade for a set of oem chrome that are your same wheels that you pay 2400 plus your trade at the lexus dealer.Cost is 600 plus shipping to and from the west coast,230 from Ca. to NC and back-good luck!!!
  • sksjedisksjedi Member Posts: 22
    Hello,

Does anyone know when the 2008 GS series will debut?
  • cauxp49cauxp49 Member Posts: 1
    sudden stop working for 24 hours.
    I tried everything : eject,load, . . . push all buttons . . . . to no avail.
    And then sudden back to normal.
    Dealer don't know.

Just wonder if anyone have the same problem ?
  • newrnewr Member Posts: 24
    Hi,

Just wondering the ML system with DVD on the GS350..does anyone know if you can burn mp3 onto a DVD-R and play it? I think I read somewhere that the DVD player doesn't read DVD-R discs? Is this true?

Thanks
  • mario1gmario1g Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,

I'm considering buying a GS350AWD 07 within Sept month from a Chicago Lexus Dealer. Any advice related to past/present deals will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
  • datribdatrib Member Posts: 12
    I always get blue book price before going in to buy. To avoid haggling over price, I sometimes use Costco member membership to get gauranteed price discounts that are very close if not better than blue book. Lexus GS350 is the best car on the road for speed, decent handling, and ultimate luxery.
  • smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    Are you going to wait for on '08? You'll take a depreciation hit on an '07 but it shouldn't matter much if you get a good deal and plan to hold on to the car for many years. I suggest you contact, via email, several Lexus dealers in your area and speak to the fleet manager. You can play one against the others and soon get an idea of pricing.
  • jkjjkj Member Posts: 6
    I went to Lexus of Rockville yesterday to drive a GS350 RWD. The salesman first told me that they did not make the RWD in the 350 any more, only in the 430. That seemed odd since I had seen them on the Lexus website. Later when he gave me a brochure I saw the performance numbers listed for the RWD and brought those to his attention. He then told me that the cars were in fact made, but were not imported to the DC region since we were in the northeast (anyone who has ever lived here would know that DC is more southern than northern, both in lifestyle and climate). I later searched for inventory on the Lexus website and found a 350 RWD at Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria, but it had summer tires. I suspect the Rockville salesman was trying to fool me into buying a remaining O7 AWD even though I made clear I was not prepared to buy for several months until my current lease expires. So, what is the true story, can you get RWD with all season tires in the DC area?
    "So, what is the true story, can you get RWD with all season tires in the DC area?"

By guess is Yes. I suggest you have nothing further to do with that salesman.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    DC is still considered a place with a lot of snow. That's why they don't have RWD there,
    I guess.
    You may have to go further south to get RWD.
    for $40,400 plus fees. Fleet guy said it's $1,500 under invoice. Seems to be big push to clear out the '07s.
    Correction: The $40,400 quote was WITHOUT nav. Revised quote was $43,458. plus fees. Still 1,000 under invoice. Maybe it'll get better when the '08s hit the showroom. I'm patient.
    '07 GS350 w/ Nav., summer tires w/ spare, spoiler, rain sensing wipers, sunshade, vent seats, pref. access. pkg,

MSRP $48,282
    paid $43,250 plus fees
    OTD $47,010.89

Lexus Carlsbad, San Diego.
  • billyperks1billyperks1 Member Posts: 151
    You paid almost 4K in fees, what are the break down of those fees?
    "You paid almost 4K in fees, what are the break down of those fees?"
    Sales tax 3354.14
    License (DMV) 281.00
    Docs 60.00
    Ca tire fee 8.75

OTD = 47,010.89

I've only driven less than 100 miles and love it except for the tire road noise with the Michelin performance tires. Also had a difficult time configuring the garage door openers.
    Don't forget to clear the codes first before
    you can program the openers.
    I am actually waiting for the 2008 models to hit the showroom.Dealer told me around the 1st week of November with minor changes to the front and rear bumpers and also the wheels are going be different.I will see how it looks but I am also looking to see what the next Acura TL has to offer.The G35 is also in the runnings, I gave up on the Germans, their premiums are just outright ridiculous.
    Don't know about the Acura TL but IMO the GS is a league ahead of Infinity G35. I went for the end of '07 models because of the $1,200 discount from Invoice. It's good to have a choice among such good cars. I agree the Germans are too expensive. I'm trying to sell my '01 E320 which has stood up pretty well depreciation wise. I wonder if the GS will do as well.???
  • marc4427marc4427 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I left a depot on a red 2007 Gs350 loaded with Ml/nav, sticker price 52,216. To lease they want 6800 out of pocket thats with tax paid upfront. Payment 649.00 12,000 mi 36 months. Does that sound like a reasonable deal. Im from NY and dealer located in NJ (Ray Catena)?
    Hi Im looking to lease a Gs350 with the M/L can u view Dvd movies?
    Only if the car is not moving.
    Are u sure- I thought only on the GS430 and the Hybrid gave you the option to view.
    The GS 350 does have NAV option. I had to get the ML sound system bundled with it for $2k extra but its worth it. And the surround sound quality is superb!!!
    I thought the ML option will give the
    option to play back the DVD as described in
    the GS brochure. But I guess they lie.
    Mine is a DVD changer with ML, and I can't play
    back the DVD.
    From this Web site, the video play back is not
    available for all GS's.
    http://www.cardata.com/Lexus_showroom.htm

I will give my dealer a call soon.
    I have DVD Nav & ML packages.
    Today I just realize I can't playback the DVD.
    Can you play back your DVD?
    The engine switch has to be in ACC position
    or ON position with brakes apply in order to
    play the DVD. The PICTURE button is grey out
    when I select a DVD disk.
    I driven it only about 200 miles so far. Initial reaction - it's very fast and a delight to drive. I feel the need to be gentle on the pedal as accelerator is sensitive. It's easy to shoot out from a stop. Great suspension around curves and but a little harsh over road bumps. It appears a trade off although my 6 year old E-320- seems to have a better compromise. Not as quiet as I expected from a Lexus. There is moderate road noise from the Michelin performance tires. Interior is beautiful- typical Lexus quality. The 6 speed transmission coupled w/ the powerful engine makes a smooth transition from stop to any speed. Most of my city driving is at less than 1800 rpms. Standard (non ML) music is adequate but FM sensitivity is a little weak - not as good as the Bose in my E320. CD sound is good. Haven't used the GPS yet. I'm happy w/ the purchase as it's more car than I need.

Steve
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Congrats, sounds great! Stop by our Dealer Ratings & Reviews page and rate your dealer. That will be very helpful to consumers in your area. :)
    no longer recommends GS07AWD because of
    its reliability.
    Still recommends hybrid GS.
    I just noticed the brake(s) starts making squeaking noise
    if the car parks outside with temperature below freezing.
    The squeaking noise went away after a few miles of driving
    with brakes applied a few times.

The squeaking noise just happens right before the car comes
    to complete stop.

Other people had the same problem.
    http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254536
    Brought the car in for 12-month service today.
    The ML DVD works fine. In order to play back the DVD,
    the engine must be shut off. The key is in accessory position &
    E-brake is on.
  • v312155v312155 Member Posts: 14
    I too, owe a 2007 GS 350 (AWD) which just starting making squealing brake noises upon stopping. It started at around 14,000 miles.
    I bought a GS 350 back in February and it started squeling at about 14,000 miles too. I'm taking it in for 30K tune-up and very interested to see if brakes need replacing or if the squeling is related to something else.
    Mine started at 13800.
    I think it's a brake dust that caused the squeaking noise.
    After last week service the squeaking noise was gone.
    The dealer inspected the brakes and they are OK.
    Will see if the noise comes back in a couple weeks.
    in cold weather.
    It happened when the car ran on a bumpy road.
    I think there is a TSB for it.
    Very disappointed with Lexus.
    Their quality & design begin going down the tube.
    Brakes have too much dust. Creaking dashboard near windshield.
  • rgalluccirgallucci Member Posts: 16
    I also just started noticing a creaking sound where the windshield meets the dash. My car is scheduled to go in for maintenance next week. I also agree the quality of my GS350 is plagued with nuisance items that you do not expect to find in a luxury car costing as much as the Lexus.
    Since it only happens when the weather gets cold I think I just
    have to live with it during the winter. May have it fixed when
    the noise is unbearable,
    The TSIB is NV005-06: Upper and or lower windshield ticking noise.
    I don't have access to it, but after talking to the service dept.
    the guy said it involves taking down the dashboard.
    God knows what other creaking noises could appear when they
    put the dashboard back.

First Lexus car could be probably the last one.
  • w77271w77271 Member Posts: 2
    I got my in Gendale with Smoky Granite Mica in 10/14/2007
    '07 GS350 w/ Nav., summer tires w/ spare, spoiler, rain sensing wipers, sunshade, vent seats, pref. access. pkg
    I think it has the same package as yours
    MSRP $48,282
    paid$41,270.9 plus Tax and license
    OTD $45,104.4
    I also applied the Lexus Visa Card and put $5,000 as downpayment on that card, got a lot points which equal to $700 which I can use to purchase anything including service in any Lexus dealer.
  • tn2007tn2007 Member Posts: 3
    I just got my at Newport Lexus in 11/2007
    '07 GS350 w/ Nav., 18" wheel, spoiler, rain sensing wipers, sunshade, vent seats, pref. access. pkg
    MSRP $49,047
    Paid: 41,080
    Do you think that I got a decent deal, the car had 78 miles on it, it was transfered from the other dealer near by.
  • newcarmannewcarman Member Posts: 55
    Im looking to buy the 2008 GS 350 and i see that the Invoice is between 40,500-46,000+

Does anyone think i can negotiate and get it for about 44,000$ as is with no extras the AWD model??
  • vfrazievfrazie Member Posts: 5
    I purchased my GS 350 in March of '07. It has ~ 13k miles and I live in Chicago. Once the weather got cold, the front dash was full of rattles and squeeks. The dealer kept the car for about a week trying to find the problem. Made some progress, but still have a squeeky windshield. Very noticable when taking corners. I am taking it back for further work.

Brakes have also been very squeeky. Brought the car into the Dealer and they said I have plenty of pad. Brakes however still squeek. Seems to be very noticable when there is salt on the road. Bringing it back to the dealer again.
  • v312155v312155 Member Posts: 14
    I purchased my 2007 GS350 (AWD) in February 2007. Brakes squeal when stopping 50% of the time. Started to squeal around 12,000 miles. I now have almost 16,000 miles on car. Other then annoying squeal, the car is fabulous. I EXPECT Lexus to correct defect the next time I have the car in for service.
  • rgalluccirgallucci Member Posts: 16
    I had the same problem. I Took it to the dealer who kept the car for 3 days. They resolved the problem. They had to dismantle the entire dash.
    There is a TSB for GS300/GS350/GS430 regarding creaking noise at the
    dashboard & the windshield.
    I am afraid after they dismantle the dashboard, more rattling noises may come
    from the harnesses after they put back the dashboard.
    If I can't live with this creaking noise during the winter, I will bring it it.

There is a TSB for IS250/350 regarding too much brake dust on the front pads
    Keep bring it it, they will replace the pads.

Nice car, trashed design & quality.
    My Accord 2003V6 is fared much better than a $50K car.