Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• austinmartinaustinmartin Member Posts: 4
    Can I ask what dealer? Here in texas, the best offer I could get was 35,450. I'd fly there and drive back for that price.
    I managed to get an offer of $35,200 plus ttl for a 2012 w tech, including splash guards installed. Seeing as I started off giving the local dealership an offer of $36,500 last Thursday(which they refused), I am happy with it.

For other peeps in Texas, the Dallas area dealers seem more responsive to deal than Austin, or San Antonio dealers.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Please let us know if that's FWD or AWD, it really does matter. :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
    Sorry, this was fwd. It also includes destination So the msrp is $36,880 + accessories

-M
    Also just for interest sake, I was offered a 2011 fwd w/tech for $33,698(including destination) without even negotiating(that was one dealerships first internet price offer).
    A local salesman offered $36,000 for the same vehicle(2011 fwd w/tech), as his best possible price.

Emailing 5 dealerships around the state saved me a bundle, so don't be afraid to.
  • gotta_gogotta_go Member Posts: 6
    Purchased 2011 AWD RDX (silver/black/15miles) last Friday (9/23/2011). 30,600 + destination + TTL.
    No options? Tech? what was the MSRP?
  • gotta_gogotta_go Member Posts: 6
    No Tech.

If u r asking for MSRP, it is 34,500 or something. Look up on edmunds.com that will tell u.
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Is that new? Where at? That's a great price.
  • easyrdxeasyrdx Member Posts: 2
    You got a better deal than me.

Purchased 2011 AWD RDX (silver/black/200miles) in Sep 3rd. $33200 OTD
  • prince2100prince2100 Member Posts: 23
    Hey there,

Just wondering which dealer u got that deal from? I'm ready to buy and would be happy with that price. By the way, how much is destination for the car, i think i heard $875?

Thanks!
  • hll7575hll7575 Member Posts: 13
    Not sure if you have decided to buy, but my gut feeling is that the 08 Acura RDX is just fine. It might be many just came out of the lease program. Back then, RDX might be a "poor men's" luxury small SUV. Now, it could be mroe compeitions, and also the down economy, that either some people cannot afford the "luxury" anymore, or simply wanted something different, say a MB GLK, BMW X3, or Volvo XC60, etc.
  • edin06edin06 Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased 2011 FWD in Oct, $31500 in WhiteBear Lake MN, the internet saleman name Mark very nice and easy to work with. I would recommend all friends come to this dealer if they want to buy car in the future.
    Another dealer in MN name Buerkle Acura is suck, new car internet manager and new car department saleman are mean and suck too.
  • michaelxxuemichaelxxue Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote for a new Acura RDX 2012 SH AWD with tech package for 34k. Is this a good price?
  • easyrdxeasyrdx Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Hey edin06,

Does your price $31500 is OTD price? if it is, that is a very good deal!
    I bought my RDX in John Eagle Acura, Houston, TX. The salesman was really bad, he didn't know anything about his car, I have to answer every question that I asked to him.
    The 2011 FWD $31,500 before tax and Licence. :shades:
    2012 SH AWD with Tech $34K is very good deal but you can ask your saleman off 33,500 or through some thing in your car like roofrack, all season floor mat... :)
  • harismharism Member Posts: 1
    Hi Mike, can you tell me the dealership name/city details where you got 34k? Thanks
  • newrdxnewrdx Member Posts: 1
    Hi Micheal,

Can you share some information about dealer and city.
  • acurahondaacurahonda Member Posts: 12
    Is there a shortage of these cars, does anyone know? It seems there are not that many on dealers lots. We just bought a 2010 with Tech PKG at with 10K on it for 29K including tax, title, & fees. I'm looking for a Red one, but have found very few for sale. We have one local dealer who has a brand new 2010 AWD with Tech PKG, in black. NOT a color we wanted, but they were wiling to take $33K for it including tax, title, & fees. Anyone know if more of these cars are on the way??
    Smart!! you can do even better, the economy is AWFUL, who is buying luxury cars---not that many people. Car prices should be even lower, although the Acura's give good value for the money verses other luxury brands. I was interested in Lexus until I went to the dealer, they are like the price of gold -- over priced.
  • yejiyeji Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I got an on the road price $34500 for 2012 RDX, AWD, w/out tech package in MD.
    Is this a great deal?

Thanks for your time.
    I think they gave you an "OK" price. Does your price include tax, title & fees. Then you are starting to get a decent price. I would say in MD your economy is better than others, thus the dealers can get better prices. Ask the dealer when the car arrived? If the cars are sitting on the lot 60-90 days plus, then they are more willing to do what it takes to move them. If there is a shortage of RDX's then the price tends to stay higher. I would like to see a ton more of these cars hit the market, the new and used prices would come down. Also, in 2013 a RDX re-design is coming, that can reduce the price of the 2012's if its significant change in the vehicle.
  • cartman2011cartman2011 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!
    All the dealers I have contacted for 2011 RDX are sold out of 2011 RDXs. I got a quote for 2012 RDX SH-AWD non-Tech pack for $33,100 (after destination charges, but before taxes). Is this a good deal?
    thx!
    Well, if you run the numbers this is not much below the invoice price. Its not a bad deal, but not fantastic. I just missed out on a 2011 2WD RDX with Tech for $31,775 plus tax & title. That was a good deal. It's going to harder to get a good price with dealer inventories as low as they are. Although, cars in general are selling slowly, some dealerships maybe motivated to get cars off the lot. Remember, if a car is on the lot 90-120 days that's costing the dealership money. They are more likely to drop the price to get it off their hands. If Acura can put more cars on the lots prices may get a bit better. The parts supply problem has left Acura manufacturing less cars. I hope in the nest couple of months they can increase production. If you are not in a rush, this summer the 2013 RDX will be on sale. That will significantly reduce the demand for the 2012 model, increasing the pressure to lower the 2012 price to get them off the lots. The 2013 should have some upgrades, which depending on the price maybe worth waiting for.
  • indycar3indycar3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a 2009 RDX AWD W/O Tech. It has 34,500 miles and dealer price is listed at 26,500 and is certified. Based on the forums here 23,000 (before taxes and TTL) seems to be a resonable price. Is that a resonable price and if so do they go 3500$ down on a used vehicle?

Thanks for the input.
    If you look up the trade in value for that car, your price of $23,000 appears to be pretty good. Look up trade in value for a very good condition, 2009 RDX AWD its $23,622. So your in a good price range. Remember, doc fee is extra, sometimes its excessive. Make sure it has a clean title. Get the balance of the factory warranty, even better get the car "certified". To certify a car would cost the dealer about $1000.00. The price listed is the retail price. Try to get as close to trade in as you can. You never know if you NEED to get rid of the car, you won't loose to much money.
  • ziffiesziffies Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2011
    We're in South Florida and got the following quotes on RDX (not AWD nor SH, just plain ol' RDX):

2012 RDX - $31,499.00
    2012 RDX Tech - $34,399.00

Is any of this quote a good deal? If not how much lower we should haggle?

Appreciate any input.
    Just bought my 2012 RDX 2WD with Tech Pkg from Acura Carland in Atlanta, they sold it to me for $33, 656.00 including all doc fee's, tax, title were extra. The dealer gave me a good price, but Pohanka in DC are also selling the RDX's for this price. If you are willing to travel, you may save a couple of grand. My experience with Carland has been excellent. I have to fly to Atlanta to pick it up, but for $140.00 to save over $2000 I will do it. All the dealers in my area want 34,500 to $35,000 and I am not going to give them that. The 2012 RDX's will become difficult to get soon, Acura is stopping production and re-tooling for the 2013, to be released in April. It will not be discounted much from its MSRP, which should be $1500-2,000 more than the 2012's. They will be more expensive along with a number of upgrades to complete with Audi, BMW, & Mercedes.
  • sharavatarsharavatar Member Posts: 24
    I just received an 'upfront' quote from an internet car quote provider. For 2012 Acura RDX base, $31,782 including destination fee. This amount is exactly matched the price from Truecar.com's. This is the first time I use the 'upfront' price. Can anybody advise if it is a good one?
    Thanks.
    I just picked up my New 2012 RDX 2WD with Tech Pkg for $33,600.00, I guess $31782 sounds okay for a base model.
    I just went back to check the price on Truecar.com. Your RDX costs $110 over invoice price. Then, with the same formula, I should pay $30,757 to get a great price like yours for a base model.
    Thanks for your information.
    If you are interested I purchased my RDX from Acura Carland Atlanta, good buying experience. If you need a contact let me know
    Thank you for your kindness, but I am living in South Bay area.
  • njkarkrazynjkarkrazy Member Posts: 1
  • ditadita Member Posts: 4
    need some help here folks. I'm moving to the bay area next week and only have 2 days before my new employment begins.
    I have narrowed down my RDX to 2WD without a tech package with acceptable colors being polished metal and palladium
    what is the best way to go about getting genuine quotes from the bay dealers and how wide should I cast the net? 50 miles? 100 miles?

I'm coming from a small town where at most, we may have 1 or 2 dealers so it's easy to get quotes.

In the bay area, there are 20 dealers, should I hit every one of their website and submit for a quote? or should I make my own email template and send it to each of the dealers (don't know their email id's).

Also, I quite fancy the 2013 RDX unveiled at the detroit show, any idea when they will arrive at the showroom?
    Thanks much
  • hbnyhbny Member Posts: 3
    Any recommendations for dealers in Westchester County, NY area? Still deciding on cars, however I am defintely interested in a CPO RDX - no tech package with under 30,000 miles. Any one have a preference for 2009, vs 2010 or 2011? I looked at truecar.com and cargurus.com as well as edmunds.

Thanks!
    I would look up the KBB "trade in" value with a "good" rating and try to buy as close to this number as possible. Get the newest one you can. Remember, RDX went through a redesign for 2010 with a few changes. These remained the same through the 2012 model year. I don't know of any dealerships in the NY area, but Pohanka in DC and Carland in Atlanta are big dealerships who are interested in moving cars. They are a cheap flight away for a New Yorker, especially if you can save some money or in the Atlanta case, get a southern car, which has never seen winter road salt!!
  • hbnyhbny Member Posts: 3
    Thank you!
  • drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    We bought our '11 FWD RDX in Sacramento at Niello Acura.

We paid $30500 w/roof rack. Just email the dealers.

Good Luck.
  • mobil930mobil930 Member Posts: 7
    IS THAT TRUE U GOT 2 CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 3000 MILES, AND U GOT 2 USE SYNTHETIC OIL? REPLY ME PLEASE!
    If you use the computerized maintenance minder built into the RDX it will let you know the % of useful life left from the start of the last oil change. I would change the oil at 15-20% oil life left. You should not worry about how many miles you have put on the RDX, use the maintenance function on the RDX to let you know when to change the oil. Always use 100% synthetic oil, the motor is designed to use this type of oil to prevent premature wear. You could use conventional oil, but you can not use the maintenance schedule on the RDX computer. It is based on synthetic oil. An oil change every 3000 miles would be required to prevent damage with conventional oil. The RDX is a turbocharged engine which runs very hot, much hotter than conventional engines. This fact makes it more likely to be damaged if the oil is denatured/broken down and not performing at its peak for maximum lubrication. I suggest never using anything but synthetic, not necessarily Mobile 1 --- You can use any good quality synthetic oil. Mobile 1 just has the contract with Honda, it is GREAT oil but pricey.
  • kumar10kumar10 Member Posts: 6
    Is that OTD price?
  • kumar10kumar10 Member Posts: 6
    In Jan end I got deal of 2012 RDX for 32,800 OTD in bay area. Is that good deal?
    ^You do harm by spreading misleading statements here.

Acura requires synthetic oil that meets the HT06 specs. Look for it on the label, without it, no warranty. PERIOD.

NEVER, EVER, ever run conventional oil as advised above^ in your turbo 2.3l Acura RDX.
    That includes everything but ttl.
    Nothing in my statement is misleading. I agree with you that synthetic oil is the only recommended oil. As my post states "READ IT" STUPID!! "If you do use conventional oil" NOT that should, based upon Acura's own recommendations. As I stated, the overall operating temperature of this particular engine is not suited for conventional oil, so "if you have to" follow use the 3000 mile guideline. If you find yourself in a situation WHERE synthetic is unavailable, then you have no choice. Also, if the product is out of warranty, it has no influence on what Honda will pay for period--NOTHING. I own two of these vehicles and know them upside-down & "backwards". I also have direct knowledge of all Hondas products and their specifications. The person asked a question about using conventional oil. What are going tell folks about using 89 Octane? Is this going to blow the engine up also? Similar situation, if this is all you have here are the risks. I don't recommend going against Honda's recommendations. But even Honda realizes you may be in Northern Alaska with access to the "recommended" product, so take as much precautions as you can.
    GFY...You did not say "If you use conventional oil"

You said "you could use" misleading people to believe it is ok.

Your Quote- "You could use conventional oil, but you can not use the maintenance schedule on the RDX computer. It is based on synthetic oil. An oil change every 3000 miles would be required to prevent damage with conventional oil."

Your comment calling me stupid makes me wonder if you are secretly smart

The point is use only HT06 synthetic oil in your RDX to meet Acura requirements and remain covered by the factory warranty.
    Please bring the discussion back to PRICES PAID AND LEASING.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Good idea!!

Thanks

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator