Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• patm70patm70 Member Posts: 20
    Below are invoice and list prices for the 2013 RDX that can be found on Edmunds and many other auto information websites. Just add the $895. destination fee for final total. Example: RDX AWD non tech, Invoice-$33,541 plus $895.=$34,436. MSRP-$35,720. plus $895.=$36,615.
    There are 150 pages of messages posted in this forum on prices paid for a new RDX. You did not mention that your quote included taxes or any other dealer fees therefore the quote you were given for a non tech RDX AWD is only $115. below MSRP which if you buy it at that price will probably be the highest price anyone has paid for an RDX in the United States this year according to this forum. I think you should go to another dealer after reviewing this forum for actual prices paid. Good luck-it's a great vehicle!

Invoice

MSRP

Base 4dr SUV

3.5L V6

FWD

6-speed Automatic

$32,245

$34,320

Base 4dr SUV w/Technology Package

3.5L V6

FWD

6-speed Automatic

$35,670

$38,020

Base 4dr SUV

3.5L V6

AWD

6-speed Automatic

$33,541

$35,720

Base 4dr SUV w/Technology Package

3.5L V6

AWD

6-speed Automatic

$36,965

$39,420.
  • nevadagirlnevadagirl Member Posts: 3
    That price sounds very high.
    End of October 1 bought a 2013 RDX AWD without the tech package and paid $34,000 + tax and fees. Had to push and sit a the deals hip reading the paper for 2 hours.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Member Posts: 20
    with tech is good price.i got the same price when i spoke to the internet sales 11/11 but when i got there brooklyn acura today ,they said manager not here then we left
  • lazo23lazo23 Member Posts: 4
    Wondering if anyone has gotten a better deal or if its even possible to negotiate a better deal than Acura's current offer of $449 w/ $3299 due at signing + tax? This is for the front wheel drive w/ Tech package.

The offer reads;
    Closed-end lease for 2013 RDX 6 Speed Automatic with Technology Package vehicles (TB3H5DKNW) available from November 1, 2012 through January 2, 2013, available to customers who qualify for the Acura Financial Services Super Preferred or Preferred credit tier. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $38,915.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title fees, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Actual net capitalized cost $35,643.12. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $16,164.00. Option to purchase at lease end $22,959.85. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by January 2, 2013. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more. See your Acura dealer for complete details.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Be sure to check your tax liability. Here in Texas, we pay tax on the full amount, rather than a monthly 'use' tax. Can be pretty hefty on a $40K vehicle. Not a big fan of money down leases; although a quick look at my 'sign and drive' lease of the same vehicle with 12K miles/yr is within a few bucks of yours in terms of total paid out over the three years.

Of course, make sure your projected mileage will fall within the guidelines of the lease(unless you are absolutely certain you will purchase at the end of the lease OR will absolutely lease another Acura). That can be a 'got cha' with only 10k per year.

I know I haven't actually answered your question; but I doubt there will be a significantly better deal unless some incentives come before the end of the year. You could always ask for a 'free maintenance' package from the dealer(not a ton of money, but it's something). I'd also get the terms of a 'sign and drive' lease...no point in shelling out three grand up front on a lease, IMO.(Makes the monthly pmt look scary, I know...but you keep your money in your pocket up front).

Also, none of my business; but if you don't qualify as a 'top tier credit customer' according to their standards, be willing to walk out on the deal. They 'may' try to hit you with a higher rate or fees; but if you have decent credit, don't let them alter the terms at the last minute...classic technique.
  • lazo23lazo23 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks 4mercoachrick! If i'm not mistaken, we pay tax on the monthly payment. I have no problem putting money down as it's the monthly payment that is more of a concern BUT do not want to put more than they're asking for (tax included - if i can negotiate that!).

Well noted on the mileage as my driving needs will be sure to change in the next few years w/ a new daughter and plans to move out of the city. Will def need more than 10k plus I read that Acura now offers roll-over miles from your current lease which will help a lot.

No worries on not exactly answering my question, but good insight nonetheless! What do you mean by the 'sign and drive' lease terms?
    If I can secure the same deal w/ tax included, I'll be happy to pull the trigger, just wondering if that's even possible...

Regarding top tier credit... I've learned that lesson in the past... I have pretty good credit but if they do try that, i know to walk away.
  • sbrowssbrows Member Posts: 2
    What Chicago area dealer are you referring to? I have bought 2 acuras from Continental in Naperville and have been very pleased with their offers and service.
  • 2and4wheels2and4wheels Member Posts: 1
    Anybody want an almost new 2013 RDX Base AWD? I foolishly traded my X3 for this thing. Gave in after hours of discussion so we could take the grandbaby home to bed. Next morning I drove back to Pikes Peak Acura (in Colorado Springs) and said I wanted my BMW back. They laughed and pointed out that Colorado's Buyers Remorse law doesn't apply to new autos. So I'm stuck with a car I hate. I mean, it's a perfectly competent Japanese station wagon, but I want my real car back.

Sell for book - it's in perfect shape, about 7k miles ( I drive to Missouri from Colorado almost weekly), has clear bra and extra tint on front side windows. Please help! Pleeeez!
  • jaztenjazten Member Posts: 1
    2and4wheels, here in the Springs and would like more information on your RDX.
  • buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    Lots of people like RDX. Almost bought into all that raving about the car until test driving one. Sorry about your situation. Have you tried trading in your RDX for what you really liked?
  • phillydillyphillydilly Member Posts: 38
    Hey carman,
    Can i get MF and residual for:
    2013 Acura RDX Base FWD 36 month 12k miles/year
    and
    2013 Acura RDX Tech Package AWD 36 month 12k miles/year

Thank you in advance
  • lena16lena16 Member Posts: 7
    It was Acura of Moreton Grove.
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    Wondering if danblake is still around. I'm thinking of pricing an RDX. I live in Fairfield County, not too far from NY.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Best CT dealer I've dealt with is Executive in North Haven. Salesperson Joann.
  • danblakedanblake Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    danblake is still here and without a car yet. I got the best CT quote from Acura in Berlin. Breakdown is as follows: $34,436 base + 399 conveyance fee + 2212.02 sales tax + 101 for transfer plate = $37,148.02. This is for an AWD without tech. I had gotten a quote from the NJ dealer in this blog (Acura of Ramsey) and he quoted 33,999 base with 199 conveyance fee, so about $600 and change lower. I asked Berlin if they would match and they said no. The sales mgr told me they are not even offering the 34,436 base anymore (sure). I'm at a stand still. I got a quote from Executive but it was $300-500 higher so I think I deleted it. How is your hunt going? Any info you can share down in the Fairfield area? The $34,436 matches Invoice and compares to a 36,615 MSRP. Perhaps I should pull the trigger, but I dislike paying a $399 dealer fee....they are really quoting $400 over Invoice.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2012
    i was using costco auto, i got a quote is $ 37700 awd with tech in nyc
    I am starting to lean more toward the Mazda CX9 GT AWD. Yes it's larger but, after reading the reviews of the RDX coupled with the lack of safety features I am looking for (lane departure, avoidance braking, blind spot monitoring, and a couple others that the RDX doesn't have), I am thinking going up in size and down in price. Glad I didn't go for the RDX at this point.
  • isixisix Member Posts: 2
    Help please! I just bought a new RDX. I tried to practice back in in my building's garage. I found twice that when I tried to back in (reverse), the engine suddenly became very loud. It's much lourder than normal. Anyone has the same problem? Is this normal for Acura's car? Or should I go to dealer and check it? What problem it might be? Thank you so much!
  • side_show_tomside_show_tom Member Posts: 22
    Take a look at the KIA Sorento SX AWD. It is similarly equipped but about $6K less than the RDX. I looked at several SUV's, and can buy any of them that I want. You also get 7 passenger seating with the KIA.
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    edited November 2012
    Anyone here considering the 2013 Lexus RX vs the 2013 Acura RDX? If so, assuming the RX is a better car for the sake of this discussion, at what price/how much more do you think it's worth it to get a similarly equipped RX instead? I'm currently looking at the RDX AWD Tech. I posted the price I was quoted about a month ago over here which was:

2013 Acura RDX AWD Tech Package:
    $37,615
    + Tags/License Plates (a $100 to a few hundred I think, can't remember)
    + Taxes at 6%
    + Processing ($200)
    + Freight ($895?)
    = total price

I was also looking at the Lexus RX and the MSRP on that w/ everything is just a little under $50k MSRP and that price includes the Delivery fee. But I had read in a forum that they can usually go about 10% off MSRP making the cost something around $44k.

That's about $6k above where I am right now with the fully loaded RDX.
  • salliersallier Member Posts: 16
    mlevinedc3-Is it only safety features turning you towards CX-9? My ideal car is
    prob. Audi Avant 6 without the price i.e. really want a tight, responsive wagon of
    decent size but can't find so am turning back to SUV. Had looked at CX-7, but discovered they are defunct. Looking for 2012 RDX 'cause they have "sportier"
    drive. Hadn't thought of going bigger. Anything else you recommend?
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    I'd think a full 10% off the Lexus is a bit of a push right now...'maybe' between Christmas and New Years for the 'end of the year' bargains. ;)

How long will you keep the vehicle? You'll get back ~50% of the difference in 4 years if you were to trade at that point...a bit less as time goes on. IF you 'need' the AWD, are you looking at the Volvo XC60 T6? We've had both the RX and the XC and went with the RDX FWD Tech to keep most of the lux systems while saving a few bucks. The RX is certainly more substantial feeling(as is the XC, IMO) but the RDX is no cheapo. I'm guessing 10-15% better mileage from the RDX vs either of the others, so that would complicate the true cost over time. Volvo has 4-5 years of free maintenance...haven't checked on Lexus; so that tends to 'cut down' on the cost of the vehicle over the years(Just first two checkups on the Lexus, I believe).

Do I reckon the Lexus is $10K 'more vehicle' than the RDX? Probably not; but it could be worth the 4-5 thousand difference over 4 years or so. The RDX 'feels' sportier and 'younger' to me; while the Lexus is a bit plusher and more refined. How much 'that' is worth is in the hands of the be-driver. :)
  • rcaccrcacc Member Posts: 2
    Have you tried Devan Acura in Norwalk? If so what did they quote you at? I'm in Fairfield County as well and still looking for the best deal on an RDX.
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    I've been trying to get email quotes. But the only way I can find to do it is to go on the dealer's website and then go through their portal which requires a phone number and doesn't allow room for you to say much.

Has anyone found a better way to do this?

If you've only done phone calls, who have you asked to speak to?
  • ccjustccjust Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I have been looking at the Acura RDX and Lexus RX350 for months. I have gone back and forth on which one to buy. On black friday I finally decide that the RX350 was worth the extra money for me. I think that they are both very good vehicles, but for me the extra room and luxury was more important. Good Luck.
  • alvaresalvares Member Posts: 75
    It's 35,950.00 plus tax,tag and dealer fee of 699.00 a good price for a 2013 acura rdx FWD technology pkg??
    699? I'd run away.
    How about 35,950 for the 2013 rdx FWD with tech pkg is it a good price??
    Forgot to mention I haven't found any acura 2013 rdx FWD with tech pkg cheaper than 35,950.00 plus the taxes and tag but not happy with the doc fee of 699.00 here in florida i see is lower in other states..
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    edited November 2012
    based on the deal I got (discount on an AWD non-tech), I would say yes it is. The dealer fee is what it is, but you should be able to get even more off to counter that.

and markets vary. What I got in NJ 3 months ago may not be consistent with what you can get now in Fla. But, if you have been shopping multiple dealers (which are usually fighting tooth and nail for sales) and non of them will beat it, that is a pretty good sign you have bled the turnip dry.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

What deal you got stickguy was it 33,500?Thats an awesome deal even if its non tech, but just waiting out to see if they go lower than 35,950 for the tech. Like I said doc fee here is much more than in nj is 199.00 and in Va is 395.00 it varies by state. I feel I dropped the car as much as possible because the invoice is about 35,569.00.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,432
    well, at some point, what is the point? Do you need or want a car? Or is the objective to just wait indefinitely until some great deal comes along? I know it sucks to leave money on the table, but it really does sound like there can't be too much left.'

I would say right now, wait and try the last day of the month card (that is what got me the discount from my already real good deal). Go in on the 30th to the place with the best deal on the table (assuming they have what you want on the lot) and tell them you are ready to drive it home that day if they make you an offer you can't refuse. Then just hope they are striving to hit an incentive level.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Will do stickguy I'm going late next week. I do need a car and is time to upgrade from my older car. Im happy with the price of the vehicle for 35,950.00 which is way under msrp, but i need to better the doc fee. Dealer names Pembroke acura, miami acura, and esserman accura all located in my area...Thnks 4 ur advice
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Don't get hung up on dealer fees. Just look at the bottom line. In some states the dealer fee is not taxable so a higher dealer fee but lower actual taxable sales price may save a few bucks.
    Thank you m6user. Do you have an rdx if so may I ask if is the base or tech and price you got for the car and out the door price? You think it's a good price 35,950.00 for tech FWD thanks
    edited November 2012
    I do have a RDX and it's the AWD Tech verson. I had a trade-in which complicates matters in regard to matching a price. I think I could have gotten a little more for my trade but frankly after owning my trade-in for ten years I wasn't trying to get the absolute last dollar for it. The actual sales price on mine was $38,300 and in IL dealer fees are regulated(limited) to about $161. I think your price of $35,950 is pretty good as your vehicle MSRPs for about $1500 less than mine but you are paying about $2300 less. So, even after adding in the big dealer fee you're still doing a little better than I did.

OTD means nothing on these forums unless you live in the exact same area. Even where I live in the suburbs of Chicago the sales tax can vary from 6.5% to 9.5% in the city. In, I believe, New Hampshire there is no state sales tax so that OTD would also be hugely different. Just go with the actual sales price of the vehicle and the dealer fee as those are the two that can really be compared across the country.

Keep in mind that certain areas of the country have a lot more competition which means better prices usually. After reading several forums it seems the best place for now is the NY/NJ area of the country. They seem to be getting the best prices. So trying to match prices like they are getting may be just an effort in frustration. Location, location, location....just like real estate makes quite a dfiffernce. If you're in an area that has only one Acura dealer for 100 miles or so then they are just going to be less competitive in price.
    Thanks m6user. I can't figure out how there is one person here by Saz1 that paid 36,329 plus ttl on a 2013 rdx awd tech and 38,000 otd I mean sales tax exceeds 38k. I must be missing something. The sale was made in Radley Acura in Va. Searched all sales for that zip code 22041 on true car lowest sale is 37,492.00. But were talking a savings of 4k , he did good.
    As far as I know you got an awesome deal 2k under msrp is where you want to be. The awd techs are 40,315 msrp in the dealers also in nada quides. Im going to try and lower the dealer fee...
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to share that Acurazine also has an RDX pricing thread. It might be worth it for you guys to check that out too.

Here is the link to the latest post as of right now: http://rdx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14179490#post14179490

People have been sharing their prices and I've been trying to push those who recently purchased to share their breakdowns.

Here's one of the recent breakdowns that was shared (the buyer lives in VA):

2013 RDX AWD with Tech Package $37, 244.62
    Processing Fee $399.00
    Sale Tax $1159.31
    New License Plate $52.75
    Purchaser's Online System Filing Fee $10.00
    Dealer Business License Tax $65.02
    Thankyou srivi1 for sharing that acura thread
    Yes, I've been following the posts in Acurazine for 6 months. The area around NY/NJ/VA/DC seems to have the prices beat in other areas of the country by a good $500. Must be a lot of competition in that corridor. I think $2,000 to $2500 under MSRP is doing very well on a new rendition of a vehicle that has been selling very good for Acura.
    36,329.00 on a 2013 acura rdx AWD technology, Thats like of the chain it's like unbelievable under invoice good job Saz1
    Yeah, especially in recent days, there's been a lot of activity including my posts.

The 2013 Acura RDX AWD with Tech I'm looking to buy (and have held until wednesday with my credit card) has a MSRP of $40,315 according to the sticker. I'm almost $3k off of it it.

My price breakdown right now is:

$37,615 (this price includes destination)
    - Trade in for my 2008 IS 350 = -$19,500
    + Payoff remaining on my IS 350 = $8056
    + Tags/License Plates = +$180
    + Taxes at 6% of ($37,615 minus $19,500 = $18,115) = $1087
    + Processing ($200)
    = my OTD price

Will try to visit Lexus tonight to see if they can give me anymore for my trade-in than Acura is willing. If they can give a significant amount more, and come lower than the best numbers I'm seeing for a new one, then I'll be going with the RX. Otherwise, I'll be an RDX owner tomorrow.
    edited November 2012
    I think saz_1's 2013 RDX AWD with Tech deal done at the end of June is still the deal to beat:

"36,329 + TTL = 38,000 OTD"

He mentions over here that it was from Radley Acura in Falls Church, VA.

I'm also in the DC area and as I put in the post above this one, I'm at $37,615 + $200 Dealer processing before TTL. And it's 5 months later now.

If you'd be willing to share your purchase order (with your sensitive info blurred out of course), I would be infinitely grateful. Not sure I can get my dealer to match but I know I can at least push him down some with it.
    srizv1 do you want the rdx 2013 tech awd or fwd. I called Radley dealer and they will do what ever it takes for you to buy the car. I wish I was there, I can probably pay shipping to my state and still save some. Although I got it 2k under msrp here in florida....
    @Alvarez, it's the 2013 Acura RDX AWD w/ Tech that I want. However, I feel I'm in a little to deep with my current deal with the Acura near me. I would need a real solid indication from this Acura dealership to go all the way down to Falls Church AND I have to pray they'll give me $19.5k or better for it. If it was closer to me, then I would definitely be interested in pursuing.

Thanks for thinking of me though.
    your going to be fine but you're still way under msrp and 19,500 for trade in no lower than that and it's an awesome deal. Radley will go a little lower but the only way your current dealer will go lower if it's you live about 150 mile radius from the dealer max 2 hour drive.
    sirv1 so on a trade in you get taxed less taking into consideration the trade in minus the car value is what you pay in tax. Does this apply to florida too?
    Hello srizv1 what finally happened, did the deal go through? Looks like I will be buying the rdx tech FWD I was able to negotiate a good deal. I also tested the lexus rx350 and basically they handle the same buy the rdx feels more sporty, and of course over 6k less...
    but the rdx feels more sporty is what i meant to say....