Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    When buying something as costly as a vehicle, it is never a good tactic to assume to know what a particular dealer will do at a particular time. Really, what is to be lost offering a lower price for a vehicle. At worst a dealer will say no or not respond or, perhaps, offer a better deal than it would have otherwise. Always smart to start low and work up than to start hight and work higher.
  • paqrmattpaqrmatt Member Posts: 2
    Didn't say I expected them to sell me a car at that price. But seeing what others in this forum have purchased the same car for (one as low as $36,396 reportedly), I don't think $36,200 is crazy low. Besides, I'm pretty sure a dealer won't sell me a car at a loss. So what can it hurt to make a low offer? Let the free market captial system do it's thing and find out where the counteroffers come in at?
  • patm70patm70 Member Posts: 20
    karhill1, I stand by my post and suggestion. I have been viewing the 2013 RDX prices paid thread for quite some time and used the posts supplied here to help me buy my 2013 RDX AWD non tech so I speak from experience from actually purchasing the car after corresponding with or visiting four different Acura dealers. The 2013 RDX is a new model with new engine, etc. and the sales have been much improved compared to the 2012 model year so why would a dealer "give" a car away for $1600. under invoice? In fact, some dealerships will not sell the vehicle for more than $1600. off MSRP let alone invoice price. I have never seen anyone post in this thread who has paid $36, 200. for an AWD/Tech model. I look forward to seeing the orignal poster's follow up posts on the responses/prices he received from the seven dealerships (with or without the floor mats and wheel locks).
  • alvaresalvares Member Posts: 75
    Thats correct one in this thread paid 36,396 for the RDX AWD TECH 2013. I paid 35,196 which is $1,200 less because it's not the AWD I got the RDX FWD TECH 2013. Thats how I made my deal following this thead and adjusted the price less for the FWD. I was able to negotiate, and the all season floor mats and wheel locks included. But keep in mind it's not the otd price taxes and t/l not included.
  • yalamyalam Member Posts: 4
    Update

One dealer accepted my offer $34,000 OTD for 2013 RDX- FWD- Base ( Windows tint,Wheel locks, Nitrogen on it).

Seems Dallas and Arlington dealers are accepting that offer.

Thanks to iris9 for sharing his experience and price paid.
  • garyilgaryil Member Posts: 1
    learned a lot from this forum. Just want to share my buying price.

Date: 12/26/2013
    Model: New 2013 RDX, AWD, without tech package
    List Price: $35,720 (without $895 destination)
    Discounted Price: 33,040
    Destination: $895
    Document: $161.39
    Plate Transfer and filling: $150
    Tax: 7%

No discounted accessory was offered by the dealer. Focused on the best price for a trade-in. Did not care much about the discount on the accessory since the accessories i need are much cheaper online anyway.

Like to thank lots of people to share their experience and price here.

Happy New Year!
  • jkctpcjkctpc Member Posts: 7
    $36,200 + TTL would be a fantastic price for a 2013 RDX AWD w/ Tech if you can get it. My feeling is the dealer may counter with something more in the $36,500-$37,000 range. I got mine for ~$36,800 + TTL. Try to get some free accessories. Good luck!
  • bleuspeedbleuspeed Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Thanks to everyone that posted on this thread. Hats off to many of the skilled negotiators. All the information here inspired and equipped me for the negotiation process.

I was not able to do as well as I had hoped. But I am happy with my performance. I just picked up a white RDX FWD w/tech today. I also had a trade-in and ended up in two separate negotiations.

Here is my breakdown:

Model: New 2013 RDX, FWD, with tech package
    Price Paid: 35,999 (includes destination $895)
    Tax (8.325%): 3,021.62
    Document: $80
    Plate Transfer, filling and tire: $380.75
    Total OTD: 39,481.37

Included in price: all weather mats and cargo net.

Question for the group:

Does anyone have any opinion on the Acura extended warranty and maintenance packages? I was offered
    - new car warranty up to 8yrs/100k for $1,700
    - all maintenance (minus tire purchase, but includes brake pads rotors, parts and labor) up to 5 years/60k for $1,400

I declined at the time telling then I need a couple of days to think.

Sorry for the long post.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2012
    Congrats on the new purchase...exact color/package we have!
    Regarding the extended warranty, there are plenty of people who dismiss them out of hand. Would you reasonably expect a major failure, outside of the original warranty, that would cost more than the extended program costs? Perhaps on a Euro car, but unlikely on the Acura line, IMO. Why pay so much for something you can't use for the next FOUR years?

Ditto on the maintenance program, unless you can determine it represents at least a 20% discount(1/3 would be better). No point in paying SO much up front. I bought the three-year package just to get it out of the way(lease vehicle); but I paid less than 1/3 of your plan. Kind of a shock since Volvo has included 3,4,5 years maintenance on our last three vehicles :cry:

Just MHO and YMMV and all that! Enjoy the new ride!
  • rapb127rapb127 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Living in NE Pa, my negotiated price so far before trade is $34k before taxes, tag etc. Appears to be $400 below invoice cutting into dealer holdback. Decent deal?
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    looks like it.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• neethuneethu Member Posts: 5
    The amount what you paid $35, 196 is including destination charges of $895?

Thanks,
    Neetu
    Yes neethu $35,196 includes destination fee of $895.00. Although they added it but I did not accept the $895.00 destination fee.
    you really got a great deal, i got offer of $36,200 with 9 regular services/oil changes/tire rotation free, do you think is that a right deal? ( It is for EWD with tech package)
    Thanks!
    You mean the Acura RDX FWD TECH or AWD TECH?
    Sorry, my bad it's a typo. It is Acura RDX FWD Tech!
    I think is still not a bad deal because the invoice of the Acura RDX FWD TECH is $35,670 so they are going $500.00 over the invoice price which is leaves you in positive territory. What you can do is have them throw in the all season floor mats and wheel lugs plus the dealer fee included as well for the 36,200. What State are you from?
    Thank you so much for quick reply! I am form California. let me try asking those 3 things you mentioned. Also they are offering Oil & Filter Change/ Tire Rotation/ Car Wash/ System inspections for 4 times! if dealer agress to give those 3 things then i should go for it :-). thanks again.
    Another good option which is what I did. Get the numbers of all dealers in a radious of 100miles from where you live. In my case it was 10 dealers and I called and proposed my offer and had the internet sales managers email me back for responses. Some counter offered but one accepted my offer so that's how my deal turned out to be. I printed emails and went to dealer with documentation of the set agreed price.
  • ttdadttdad Member Posts: 7
    Just closed AWD Tech (Graphite/black) with roof rails installed (not crossbars) for $37,399 ($37,000 + $399 dealer fee) excluding tax/tags. I contacted 10 GMs from dealers in region and only had 2 play ball at my offer. I wanted $37,000 even but many are selling closer to MSRP based on demand here.

I'm in CT.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Which CT dealer?
    Acura of Berlin. Ask for Fleet Mgr or GM.
  • elle16elle16 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at leasing a base model RDX. I've put myself through leasing school and think I have it figured out. Can somebody crunch the numbers for me to see if I am on the right track? Here are the numbers:

MSRP- 35,215
    Dealer quote- 32,991
    Aquisition Fee- 595
    CA DMV Fees- 326
    Money Factor- .00165
    Residual- 62%
    CA Tax- 7.68 (We pay this monthly on the finance charges as well)
    "Down Payment"- 2,000

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks from a lease newbie.
  • ro424ro424 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, my brother-in-law just leased a 2013 AWD w/Tech (Graphite/black) for $420/mo and 2K down (39mo i believe), in NY (Westchester county).

I am thinking of trying to get the same deal, is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance!
    Leasing is really if you're in a position of changing cars every 3 years and or work related matters. But if you look into it in three years you have paid more than half of what the car is worth. This is just my opinion leasing may be good to others but not for me..
    seems reasonable for what it is.

You should get the same deal, but tell him you are only paying $399. Just to yank his chain.

It looks to be a fair bit less than half on the Acuras. Assume the above lease for three years...total paid is ~$17K over that time. Not too shabby for driving a forty thousand dollar vehicle. There's always the option to buy at lease end. Essentially, the current lower interest rates and high residuals make leasing pretty attractive on the Acuras...not so with the Volvos we just left. If you're looking to 'get in' for a low cost, leasing keeps more of the money in your pocket early on. No...you do not build equity; but, paying off the above vehicle @ $420 a month would take years to 'get ahead'.

Gonna keep the vehicle for 8-10 years? By all means, finance that puppy and buy it(unless you want to lease with the option to buy...just in case circumstances change).

IF you can adhere to the terms of the lease, I'd say go for it. Watch out for high mileage, don't damage the vehicle and enjoy the ride! ;)
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    It is never wise to put money down on a lease. With an Acura lease, GAP is included.
  • leahrayleahray Member Posts: 3
    I'm thinking of buying Acura RDX Base. I live in San Jose CA and the offer I got was 36500 OTD. They promise to give me a 4 yr free maintenance, weather floor mat and wheel lock. Do you think it's a good deal?
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    That seems a little on the high side. I think 35k is more reasonable.
    really need to break it out to know. Actually price of the car, all the other fees/taxes, etc. Sales tax alone can be a lot, especially in Ca!

What does the maintenance include? Every thing it calls for? That can be worth a bit if it is oil changes, transfer case/real axle fluid changes, rotations, etc.

Actual price = 33000
    Tax and DMV fees =3600
    Maintenance include 5 A1 services (A1: You would have your engine oil and engine oil filter replaced and the Engine Oil Life Indicator reset (A). You will also have all four tires rotated and the condition and inflation of the tires will be checked (1).

And 4 B1 services (- Replace engine oil and oil filter
    - Inspect front and rear brakes
    - Check parking brake adjustment
    Inspect these items:
    - Tie rod ends, steering gear box, and boots
    - Suspension components
    - Driveshaft boots
    - Brake hoses and lines (including ABS)
    - All fluid levels and condition of fluids
    - Exhaust system
    - Fuel lines and connections)

They also will give me a weather floor mat and wheel lock

Thank you
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    I was a bit confused. You did say "OTD," though I have no way of knowing what taxes are in your area. I live in Alabama and we pay 3.853%. You're paying ... a hell of a lot more than that.

Sale price of $33,000 is reasonable.

That service agreement is worth maybe $100 per year x 4 = $400.

Seems like a reasonable price overall. Those taxes are a killer.
    Yeah tax in CA is about 8.3750%

Thank you
  • res332res332 Member Posts: 18
    I'm also from NEPA. Would you mind letting me know the final price you negotiated (before trade, taxes ,tag etc) and the name of the dealership? Thanks.
  • al_balal_bal Member Posts: 1
    Pick my rdx last evening from Dayton Ohio. Here is my number

Car price 37000$
    Documentation fee 250$
    Tax 6%
    Title ~150

I also brought acura care maintenance for 60k/4 years for 1000$. Still not able to figure out it's worth. I took loan from acura at 1.99 % apr.

I live in michigan. None of dealers from here gave me that price on the car, so had to drive 3 hours to get it.
  • mindset1mindset1 Member Posts: 3
    Is this a FWD or AWD? I have a dealer quote me $35700 for FWD base model
    Too much money for a base RDX I paid $35,196 for the tech FWD
    OUCH!!! 35700 is full boat sticker PLUS additional profit ! Unless this is all inclusive of taxes, all fees, etc. , I'd leave ASAP :surprise:
  • tklientklien Member Posts: 20
    Can you tell me the Dealer and sales person ????????????
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    We are thinking about a new RDX to replace my wife's 2004 Highlander. My only experience with a luxury brand dealer was with Lexus a few years back and as I recall they were kind of snooty when it came to the sale. The attitude seemed to be "This is a Lexus. Here's the price, take or leave it." We left it.

Just wondering if I should expect the same treatment at an Acura dealer or is it actually possible to negotiate on price? Reading some other posts it seems like many, if not most, dealers are asking for sticker price on the new RDX.
    Negotiating with dealer may depend on where you live. Just purchased 2013 RDX AWD w/o tech in eastern Pa. First use this site to get invoice numbers and get dealers in your area via internet to offer below invoice. Pick one and go drive etc to see if you and wife like. Passenger seat does not raise is the only misgiving so far. More power options needed.
    DON'T MENTION TRADE until price locked in. When trading the your vehicle they will obviously low ball your trade. Be prepared to go elsewhere and negotiate below invoice and then trade-in.
    Acura for RDX does not currently have any .9 or 1.9% but Acura/Honda can get you 2.1 or 2.2%APR depending on term of loan. Go at the end of month for best deals. Good luck
    I did a cash/no trade deal. Not sure what you have to trade or finance. For an outright purchase: after you know exactly what you want, contact 10 of the closest dealers via email (General Mgr or Fleet Mgr - you can find them online). Make a lowball offer and see who will play ball. I got a AWD Tech with roof rails installed for $37,000 plus $399 dealer doc/fees (excluding taxes and tags). 2 of 10 dealers were interested. I haven't negotiated with floor saleman for last few purchases. Gen Mgr or Fleet Mgr are usually willing to meet lower offers without the song and dance. You have to be willing to drive a bit to pick up if your local dealer doesn't come in the lowest. You don't have to get it serviced by the dealer you buy from. Good luck.
    We would be trading our 2004 Highlander. I am 90+ miles from the nearest dealer (Chicago) but there are multiple dealers in the Chicago area so there should be some competition.
    Be sure to have dealer throw in the All Season floor mats, considering your weather location.
    With that many dealers in your area you should get a competitive price. Don't worry if the RDX isn't in their inventory, they will do a dealer swap.
  • buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    Why do people keep calling Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti luxury brands? I'm not being snobbish. Those Japanese "luxury brands" are basically the same cars as their non-luxury counterparts -- Toyota/Honda/Nissan -- but tweaked with higher quality in some areas and added comfortable options and accessories in std features. Essentially the buyers are driving Toyota/Honda/Nissan but conditioned to think they're driving BMW/MB! What's the deal there? Those luxury line cars sold their way into the brand category by leasing? And the lessors support the claims of their cars being luxury brands? Sorry, a nice car is a nice car, and why pretend it's a luxury branded car? Those Japanese cars are trying to redefine "luxury" category with their reliable, dressed up non-luxury cars by price fixing and snobbish handling of customers seem quite obvious, don't they? Let's be precise in the referencing terms and call Lexus/Acura/Infiniti "luxury line (Japanese) cars" to differentiate their comfortably/luxuriously appointed reliable cars from the established "luxury cars" that offered more in combined quality. If people continue to call luxuriously equipped cars luxury cars for whatever reasons, then cars such as RR, Maybach, Bentley, Maserati, etc. will have to be called Ultra Supreme Vehicles. That's a mouthful people!
  • hm2013hm2013 Member Posts: 6
    @alvares, Can you please tell me which dealership gave you this deal of $35,196 on RDX with Tech package (just the name and city)? I have been trying in Texas for a few weeks, but the dealers here are at least $1700 higher. Appreciate your help.
    Really, this is all you've got to worry about? ;)
  • mindset1mindset1 Member Posts: 3
    We just closed a deal on RDX AWD base model and total OTD price is $36,662.
  • manoj28manoj28 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an RDX, AWD, base, for 32700 , destination included. Plus paid tax, tag and 200 proc fee.