Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dj889dj889 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, can you tell me which Socal Acura dealer you bought your RDX? thanks
  • shiningsshinings Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    I got my RDX from Thomas Acura, sales person is RJ, really nice guy. The other one - Acura of Mission Viejo - gave me a really good price too. Steven is the person i contacted.
  • pzzcatpzzcat Member Posts: 20
    really 2013 RDX FWD with Tech pkg $39400?awd with tech $37600 nyc
  • thom22thom22 Member Posts: 5
    I picked up my RDX AWD w/ Tech Package last night. Audi Q5 was my 1st choice, but I couldn’t get them to a price I was willing to pay, so I went with the RDX and chose to do Costco pricing, which was $37,360 + TTL. The RDX has many more options then the Q5 would have had and cost about $1,800 than my best deal I could negotiate for the Audi, so bottomline is I’m happy. I’m told that you can do better than Costco pricing by negotiating yourself, but the experience was painless and easy. I used the Montclair DCH Acura dealer in Verona, NJ and they couldn’t have been nicer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I really like the Audi, but it isn't much of a value proposition..

Congrats on the RDX!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hithere4hithere4 Member Posts: 2
    The price (39,400) was with taxes and fee.
  • np633np633 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am looking to get a 2013 RDX with tech package. Which dealer did you deal with in Austin? I got a 37400 quote from San Antonio and 38115 from Austin (Austin deal includes window tint, wheel locks and All-Season Protection Package). Please advice, thanks.
  • apatel87apatel87 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought an Acura RDX 2013 AWD without tech for $34K. I did a concurrent trade in for my 2006 Acura TL with 62K but with 4 accidents, no tire tread, right window not working, heat not working, and brakes needing replacing. I got 9.5K for the TL. I see that many people got the RDX for 33500 and wish I would have negotiated more. Do you guys think this a good deal or could I done better
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    well, at this point, it doesn't really matter since it is a done deal!

but still, that is pretty close to as low as anyone seems to be able to do. And frankly, you hit the jackpot with that trade in, so put it together, and it looks like you done good.

Prices paid are really only comparable if it is a straight buy, no trade, because once a trade is in the mix, the numbers become much more "fluid"

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Depending on how your state handles sales tax on vehicles, the TL trade may have saved you +- $500 vs selling it outright and buying 'from scratch'. Call it even and enjoy your ride, knowing you won't need to worry about tire tread for a while! ;)
    Thanks stickguy, I see you have been very active in this thread and I appreciate your input. I just put down a deposit today since they need to get the vehicle from somewhere else. I am getting it in Graphite luster metallic/black. I thought we did okay with the trade in since Edmunds states that it is worth around 7500 without any accidents. and we did get a 700 tax savings on the TL since I apy 7% tax in NJ. I think overall we did okay but it always stings when you see the lower prices.
    Also, we have to finalize the financing. What rates are people getting. There is no advertised Acura financing. Thanks! We are looking for 60 month term
    sounds like you got all the money on that trade, so I would not worry about the deal.

We have the same car (AWD non-tech) in Graphite, and it is a really nice color on the car. We got the Tan interior instead. Not a fan of black insides! So far, my wife really likes it.

What dealer in Jersey (that's where we are too)?

Hi, I am looking to get a 2013 FWD RDX with Tech Package. What is the best price to expect in Texas (Austin/San Antonio area)??

Thanks
  • rapb127rapb127 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased same vehicle for $34k in Pa six weeks ago. Just drove 800+miles south, mostly interstates, around 70 mph ,fully loaded with luggage and averaged 28 mpg. Hit a high point at 29.3. Before trip, average city 17 mpg.
    Great vehicle!
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    You should be under 2% for a new vehicle loan. PenFed is 1.49 and can handle everything online. We had a vehicle with them 'way back' when 6% rates were common and I had 2.99 with them. At the very least, the dealer should try to match that 1.5 if you show up with some paperwork showing the rate:
    https://www.penfed.org/Auto-Loans-Overview/?intcid=ad-AutoLoans-PenFedORG-Ticker- -10312012

Acura has .9% on some models; but I'd give them a chance to hit the 1.5 mark to keep the deal 'in house' and get the F&I guy a couple of bucks. Anything over 2% is a walkaway situation, IMO.
  • magzzymagzzy Member Posts: 1
    Anybody here bought a fwd non tech in the chicago area? Got quoted 32640 Destination included and was wondering if that is a good deal.
  • aurora12aurora12 Member Posts: 2
    Just finished negotiating price on 2013 Acura RDX FWD w/ Technology in north CA Bay Area. Total OTD Pprice $39,300 including a free splash guard.

Break down - $35,750 for car, $80 standard document fee, the rest are tax + DMV fee. (Yes, the tax and DMV fee are expensive here!)

Thanks everyone for posting- I was able to size up the offer base on the info shared here. And with over $3000 under MSRP and ~$1000 below invoice, I think I did well. :)
  • troymichaeltroymichael Member Posts: 18
    I really like the RDX but its a bit over my budget...my wife wants to get a Honda or toyota....ugh.

I am in an area where there is only one Acura Dealer. Sounds like the costco program is the way to go. Any pros and cons of the costco program.

Also would i be able to get better pricing on on 2013 if i wait until the 2014 are out?

Thanks
    possible that you can get an even stronger deal, but largely depends on the supply on hand, and Acura incentives.

You are the opposite of us. The RDX was also a budget buster, but I was the one angling toward a more cost-effective option, and the wife was the one that said to heck with it, get the RDX.

Of course, it is her car so not really surprised. and after 17 years piloting the minivan, I guess she deserved something nice!

• rocky77rocky77 Member Posts: 2
    Guys i got a quote for 34,489 OTD price for FWD base includes(all weather mats,wheel locks and splash guard) is it a good price?

exterior:white diamond
    interior:parch

Thanks in advance.
  • shiningsshinings Member Posts: 4
    Depends on your state and tax rate. OTD price is usually not easily comparable between individuals. You should post your breakdowns such as $ invoice price (including or not including destination charge) + $ title + $ tax + $ licensing + $ other fees (such as doc fee).

I did get my base FWD for $32154 invoice + TTL in SoCal.
  • rocky77rocky77 Member Posts: 2
    $33,570 invoice with destination fees
    $199 deals doc fee.

$33,769+ttl for FWD rdx non-tech.

i had a feeling that i was quoted more.
  • kohinoorkohinoor Member Posts: 16
    Anybody please share the recent purchase for base 2013 RDX in Houston area. I was quoted OTD of $35,000. Is this a good price or can I do better.
    What is the best price you got so far? Please share I am also in the market for a base 2013 RDX.
  • fuzzlefuzzle Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a new 2013 RDX AWD Tech with remote start, paid $37810 including destination charge. Got the charcoal with black interior. Wanted the red or white, but not available with black interior.
    Got one in HOUSTON yesterday. Got a 2013 RDX FWD with Tech package - $36,000 plus tax and title. Got all season floor mats, cargo tray, wheel locks, nitrogen, windshield and some other protection included in the price.
  • redreedredreed Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    On Feb 22, 2013 I helped my wife purchase a 2013 RDX (non tech pkg) with mats and wheel locks for $32,402 0TD. The vehicle was purchased from John Eagle Acura, and for once I did not have to spend hours negotiating. The deal was conducted mostly over the phone. When we went to the dealership it was only to sign the documents and drive off. So to answer your question, yes you can do better. Oops, forgot about the $3000 down payment.
  • twopuppiestwopuppies Member Posts: 5
    Where did you purchase? The lowest quote I've gotten for the same vehicle (and yes, I prefer the red as well but want the black interior :-( ) is $36872 at Acura of Mission Viejo in California. I've gotten quotes through Arizona, California, and Nevada (I live in Arizona) but they are the lowest by at least $1300.
    edited February 2013
    Is the OTD $32,402 with your $3000 down payment or not. Please reply.
    Acura of Boston
  • chanshivchanshiv Member Posts: 3
    Does $37810 includes all the fees and taxes? Thanks!
    Included dealer fees, doesn't include state sales tax or registration fees.
  • alvaresalvares Member Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    Whats everyones Acura RDX color? Mines is the Amber brownstone w/ parchment int.. Wanted the Crystal black with parchment int, but they did not have it and I bought the amber brownstone w/ parchment, now dealer would buy it back at wholesale price and I pay retail for the other one if i wanted to trade it in, what a bummer. Mines doesn't even have a 1,000 miles.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    You spent how much and now you decide you don't like the color? :cry::cry: :sick:
    I spent 35,196.00 plus ttl
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Learn to love it...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

ur right after all its unique
  • siva77siva77 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I got final deal on-road (including TTL) = 36,250 in Dallas area,Please let me know if anyone got better,so it will help me to NGEO.

Adjusted Price 33,215.00
    LOCKS,TRAY,COVER 459.00
    All Season Mats 205.00
    Splash Guards 218.00
    Tint 199.00

Total Purchase 34,296.00

Trade Allowance
    Trade Difference

Doc Fee 180.00
    Tax 2,143.50

Non Tax Fees 192.54
    Net Price
  • patm70patm70 Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2013
    Just buy the car at $33,215. You can do much better on buying the accessories like all season mats, splash guards, tray, etc. online from other Acura dealers or Ebay. I paid almost $100. less than your $205. quoted price for my Acura RDX all season mats which are very similar to the popular WeatherTech mats. The $459. for locks, tray and car cover (you don't say which brand/quality) seems like $200. too much.
    However, he may have quoted you that low purchase price providing that you buy his accessories at his inflated prices. By the way, be careful about the tint and save the $199. The RDX windows already have a nice tint and if you make them darker, they can be illegal in some states. Good Luck!
  • siva77siva77 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks patm70.I will follow your instructions.
  • floridadude1floridadude1 Member Posts: 4
    Where did you buy, including dealer name as I am willing to travel 500 miles? Also, did your $37,810 include taxes?

Thanks for a quick reply as I plan to buy this weekend.
    I am planning to buy a RDX with Tech Package this weekend (3/9/13). I live in Tallahassee, FL, but am willing to travel upto a 300 mile radius (ex., Atlanta, Orlando, Jacksonville, Dothan, Tampa, etc).

I would appreciate recent prices and dealer names.
    I am trying to find out what an RDX with Tech Package, FWD is going for (price plus tax, title, license, dealer fees) in the North Florida, South Alabama, Georgia area. I live in Tallahassee, FL but will travel up to 300 mile radius (ex., Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, Dothan, Pensacola, etc) to get a good deal.

I plan to purchase this weekend (3-9-13). Thanks for any reply.
  • lego34lego34 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought mine rdx awd teck package + remote for 39800 ODT in Acura MD Hope this will help
    Great deal what color did you get ext and int
    I bought mines a 2013 RDX TECH FWD in Amber brownstone metallic w/ parchment interior.I Paid 35,196 with wheel locks and all season floor mats plus ttl and doc fees. OTD 38,500 miami florida area..
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    And don't forget the documentation fee which is simply profit for the dealer.
    Do you mind sharing the dealership name in Miami as the best prices I'm getting from Tallahassee to Atlanta is $40,766.
    edited March 2013
    Okay it's not really in miami floridadude, it's in fortlauderdale called rick case acura where are you from?