Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Congrats what dealer? Where?

You do realize the 2014's are out, yes? Did you try to deal on a '14?
  • osubuckosubuck Member Posts: 19
    absolutely tried on the 2014..no chance..of getting $5000+ off

There's is no difference between 2013 and 2014 so that's why I was okay with the 2013 model.

This was Hidy Acura in Dayton, OH
  • rb001rb001 Member Posts: 13
    Good deal...we were split between the Jx aand the rdx too but decided on the rdx for the same reasons as yours. Will be picking it up for $35,800 without accessories here in the bay area with $39,500 drive out. Not able to find anything cheaper in CA. Good call on not getting the 2014, its a waste of money.

By the way which dealership did you get it at and where?
    This was Hidy Acura in Dayton, OH
    How do you contrast a 7 passenger $50K+ vehicle with a 5 passenger $38K? I don't understand
  • mikietmikiet Member Posts: 9
    Maybe he didn't need the 7 passenger car and its simple to differentiate the two. They are both luxury vehicles and you can get the JX for a lot less than $50K. Since when is Infinity such a spectacular car? I certainly wouldn't want one. My family looked at everything and we liked the Acura best. We also have an Audi and I would take the Audi over the JX. Just my opinion.
    you don't..my wife really wanted the JX but I was stuck between the RDX, Q5, or X3.

For the deal I got, RDX was the best buy. This doesn't mean that Q5 or X3 weren't nice, I just couldn't justify the price because I was barely getting anything off the MSRP.

JX: My wife loves this suv but when I test drove it, I found nothing spectacular about the drive. The only thing I love about this SUV is its looks.. The JX I wanted had the MSRP of $54180 and I wanted it for $49,000 OTD. They wanted $51,000 OTD..I said too bad and bought the RDX..

Now that my wife's had it for a couple of days, she actually loves the RDX.

I have a Accord EX-L V6 and my lease is up in May 2014. I am patiently waiting for the Infiniti Q50 to come out and hope to strike a deal on it next May.
    In our hunt for an SUV, we went to check out the Infiniti FX37 & EX37. I really liked FX37 but it was too expensive as compared to the RDX. The EX37 felt much smaller, lower & in fact more like a bigger hatchback. But then we saw the JX35 and really loved the room inside the car mainly because of the option of a 3rd row seat with very easy access (as compared to the MDX or any other 8 seater SUV). At this point in our life, we really didn't need a 7 seater and also it was $10K+ more than the RDX. Hence we decided against it. A few years down the line we'll definitely get a JX35 instead of an MDX or a van.
    edited May 2013
    I understand the '14 MDX is supposed to hit the dealer lot in a couple of weeks. I'm curious to see how the 2 LCD screens minimize the number of buttons. I only need an RDX but my wife wants the extra space of the MDX. Our '04 MDX only has 172K mi. and has been flawless.
  • winedinenywinedineny Member Posts: 3
    Where in NY Area?

you can respond to my screen name plus AOL

Thanks Much
  • bunatinobunatino Member Posts: 2
    Just bought 2013 Acura 2WD RDX with Tech package 34000 +TTL in the bay area with 0.9% finance. Dealer gave free all season mat, cargo tray, and free 4 year maintenance package. Is it a good deal?
  • uciliteucilite Member Posts: 9
    That sounds like a deal to me. Congrats. Is the 0.9% for 36 or 60 months?
    Wow, that's a great deal. Which dealer? I'm in the bay area too. I'm planning on buying by Fri so let me know soon!
    Also what was the drive out price? Which county is the car registered in?
  • bunatinobunatino Member Posts: 2
    Acura Stevens Creek. 0.9% for 60 months. So the OTD price was $37,390.
  • uvasauvasa Member Posts: 26
    I receive any offer of $37,320 OTD for 2014 RDX AWD.

.09 for 60 months.

Is this a good price?
  • carman89carman89 Member Posts: 9
    First I want to thank everybody on this forum that share so much information about purchasing and leasing. The trigger was finally pulled yesterday at $31,800 which included destination and before any extras added into the prices (which im sure the dealer made a nice profit on)

Thanks all!
  • jonas0111jonas0111 Member Posts: 8
    Hey Carman,

What was the dealer name and city??

THX
    Thx for ur help. Picked up one for $34,400 yesterday with the same accessories you got. Negotiated a lot but they wouldn't bring it down any further. Said the deal they gave you was on an aged car and I couldn't wait till this one got aged as the market was getting thin on the 2013 RDXs. Really happy with my purchase.
    Wanted some input to make a decision on the extended warranty for my new 2013 RDX. The 8 YR/96,000 mile warranty is for $3,800 and I negotiated it down to $2,200. Eventually didn't buy it though. Is it something I should get? Reasons being its a new remodel of the car so we don't if there are any issues with it plus the car has a lot of electrical & electronic parts. Any suggestions/opinions?

Thanks for your help.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I wouldn't do it even if you got it down to $1500 or maybe even less. Your normal warranty will cover the powertrain for 6 yrs/70000 miles. If you are financing you will be paying whatever interest rate on that warranty as well. Put the $2200 in a dividend stock and leave it there. Chances are you will never need it. Plus what happens to the warranty if the car gets stolen or totalled? Does the insurance company reimburse you for that? I kind of doubt it.
  • 4myfamily4myfamily Member Posts: 16
    rb001,
    what are the charges in the $34.400?
    can you please list the dealer name, city, and state. Thanks
    $34,400 is the price of the car for a 2013 FWD Tech. TTL extra. Bought it at Stevens Creek Acura in San Jose, CA.
  • sticksticklystickstickly Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    Thank you all for posting your prices, it really helped me with buying a new RDX! I decided to register so I can share and add one more data point.

The 2013s are running low in my area, so I urge anyone on the fence to go out and get yourself a good deal before they are all gone. We originally wanted a graphite AWD Tech, but could only find Silver Moon left that met our black interior preference.

2013 Silver Moon RDX w/ AWD and Tech Pkg
    Sale Price: $35,791.51
    Fees: $561
    Taxes: $2147.49
    Total Out-the-door Price: $38,500

They also threw in 2 years of maintenance included in the price. I negotiated the price over email before going to the dealership. I feel good about the deal. Not the best price people have received, but very competitive nonetheless.
  • unc99unc99 Member Posts: 1
    Just an FYI;
    Got a 2013 RDX Tech FWD for $33990 plus $95 dealer doc fee plus tax and tags AND 0% financing for 60 months...dealer bought down the current .9% Acura incentive. You can get this deal at most VA/MD dealerships around DC. Once I got this price I shopped around a couple dealers because I wanted a certain color...they would all match the deal.
    2013 Acura AWD RDX with Tech package:

MSRP: $40,315
    Remote Start: $620
    Total MSRP: $40,935

Negotiated down to $35,900

Got $5035 off MSRP savings of 12.3%

Negotiated OTD Price: $38582 (includes tax, title, doc fee, remote start)
    0.9% for 60 months. zero down
    Monthly Payment: $658 for 60 months
  • jonas0111jonas0111 Member Posts: 8
    Which City state and dealer did you get the deal from?? Great Deal.
    edited June 2013
    It was Oxmoor Acura in Louisville, KY.
    Look at my thread above. For $82 more I got the Acura remote start.
  • acura85acura85 Member Posts: 12
    Could you please provide dealership name
  • acura85acura85 Member Posts: 12
    This is great price. Could you share dealer's name. THX
  • edmunds_southedmunds_south Member Posts: 3
    2014 Acura RDX Technology Package

Manufacturer's MSRP: $39,115.00
    Internet Discount: $2,965.00
    Internet Selling Price: $36,150.00
    FL Tire & Battery Fee: $6.50
    Dealer Fee: $799.00
    Total Purchase Price: $36,955.50
    Electronic Registration Filing Fee: $199.00
    Registration & Title: less than 200
    Florida Lemon Law: $2.00
    FL State Sales Tax 6%: $2,229.27
    Supplemental County Tax: $0.00
    TOTAL: $39,385.77
    $799 dealer fee? I'd find another dealer. :sick:
  • patm70patm70 Member Posts: 20
    Normally, I would say that is a great price for a 2014 RDX FWD with Tech as invoice is $36,750. with destination. However, do all Florida Acura dealers charge a $799. dealer fee and $199. Electronic Registration Filing Fee?
    Regarding the 2 fees, $799 dealer fee and $199 Electronic Registration Filing Fee ... what are considered normal as these 2 total 1000, would 500 in total for both be "normal and ordinary" ?

What kind of fees are paid in other states ?
    edited June 2013
    My dealer in KY charged a $499 dealer fee, and $62 for license/registration/etc. The only reason i paid those was i negotiated an OTD price i felt comfortable with and let them figure out how to split it up with fees vs price of car etc. They could have charged $2000 dealer fee for all i cared as long as i ended up paying what i negotiated in the end.

Any reason you're not going with a new 2013 so you can take advantage of the great pricing? Bound to be a few left around your area, at least within shipping distance to the dealer. You could probably get the same thing for around $37000 OTD.
    It appears on truecar.com that the price difference of 2013 vs 2014 is only 500 more for the latter. That being so, for my offer, it should be possible to get about 1000 off the price or closer to 38385 OTD, here it is again

2014 Acura RDX Technology Package

Manufacturer's MSRP: $39,115.00
    Internet Discount: $2,965.00
    Internet Selling Price: $36,150.00
    FL Tire & Battery Fee: $6.50
    Dealer Fee: $799.00
    Total Purchase Price: $36,955.50
    Electronic Registration Filing Fee: $199.00
    Registration & Title: less than 200
    Florida Lemon Law: $2.00
    FL State Sales Tax 6%: $2,229.27
    Supplemental County Tax: $0.00
    TOTAL: $39,385.77
    The prices on truecar aren't representative of the deals people have been getting in the past month or two. Before I bought, i went through the last 15 to 20 pages of this thread and made a spreadsheet of prices people actually paid. For the 2013 FWD Tech, in my spreadsheet i recorded a $34,400; $33,000; $34000; $33,500; $33,800; $34,200; and a $34159. These were all before TTL. One dealer told me they had an additional $2000 rebate from the manufacturer to clear out the 2013s.
    i got it from hidy acura in dayton, OH
    by the way, what kind of gas are you guys putting in the car?

I have been told mid grade (89) is okay but some people say nothing but premium (92+)
    I have been putting in premium because that is recommended (but not listed as required) in the manual, but many put regular (87) in and claim they don't notice a difference in HP or any engine knocking. It's the same engine as in the Accord, and that uses Regular. I just want to go by the manual recommendation.
  • scuba01scuba01 Member Posts: 29
    Frankel Acura - MD
    RDX 2013 FWD - Tech - Silver Moon / Ebony
    $36,000: Sales price
    Wheel locks, splash guards, cargo tray included
    0.9% Financing
    $2,160: Taxes
    $200: Processing fee
    $321.90: Title and registration fees
    $38,681 OTD
  • kabukiukabukiu Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    We are shopping for the RDX 2014 base model.
    Here is the quote that I got from Santa Monica, Ca
    Price $33333.33
    Tax is $3007.20
    gov fees $353.75
    doc fee $80.00

Total $36,774.00

Is it good deal?

thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    , but many put regular (87) in and claim they don't notice a difference in HP or any engine knocking. It's the same engine as in the Accord, and that uses Regular. I just want to go by the manual recommendation.

1) I wouldn't depend on my ears to determine if low-octane fuel is damaging my car..

2) Same engine might not be tuned the same way... higher compression (for more power) needs higher octane..

3) Like you... I trust the engineers more than the guy who wants to save $3/week on gas... while risking a $10K engine in his vehicle..

/rant over

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

1. You're right, however the manual states anything 87 or higher will not cause engine damage, but might cause reduced performance. My point was people who have been using it haven't noticed the reduced performance part.

2. Same engine, same HP (+-2), same torque, same compression ratio.

3. Agreed, i want to ensure that i'm doing everything i can to ensure the longevity of the engine, planning on holding onto the car for a while.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    Regarding #2...

If the two engines have the same specs, but achieve those specs with different octane requirements, then something is different about them...

Just saying...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Just saying....the Acura engineers you trust state in the manual that 87 octane will not damage the engine but MAY affect performance. Nobody I've read that used regular has noticed a difference. Actually I did read one post that said he could tell a slight difference off the line but many, many others have said they don't notice a difference in power or MPG.

Acura warranties the engine for 70k miles. I hardly think they would say that if they thought for a minute that 87 octane would be a problem. It's just like Fords ecoboost. Two different HP ratings for regular vs. premium but it will run fine on either. Where I live, it's over $7 difference on a fill. Times 4 fills a month is about $30. Not the end of the world but if it works ok I have other things to spend my money on.
  • kendell120kendell120 Member Posts: 1
    Is there any way you would be willing to share that spread sheet? That is exactly what I am looking to do: go in armed with the best prices to try and get the best deal possible.
  • crushed00crushed00 Member Posts: 4
    Price $32,715~
    Freight$895
    Dealer Processing fee: $195
    Title & Registration: $310
    Tax $1880~

OTD Total: $35,995
  • crushed00crushed00 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    You can go lower. I got the same car for 35995 OTD. Then added accessories afterward.

*IN Maryland as well.