Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• z5470z5470 Member Posts: 28
    When it was all said and done, I really did not think the deal was good at all. it was just that I was so tired of going round and round. Bottom line
    Tech pkg
    2500 down (included first month & all the other crapola fees)
    15K per year
    36mos
    498 per month
    Boardwalk Acura in northfield, NJ
  • frog22frog22 Member Posts: 24
    base car msrp $33,700 (Approx. can't remember the exact #)
    $455/mo - 36 mo
    1000down + taxes up front + acq fee=$3518 includes 1st mo payment
    mf 0.0026
    got them down from $475/mo.

They had a 2007 but the money factor from Honda was more than for the 2008, thus the monthly payments were higher, now that makes sense!

I'm in New York
  • ghost_riderghost_rider Member Posts: 2
    Looking to purchase a 2007 base model (non Tech) - no options. Reasoning? I basically want to be able to leverage the best price possible and don't really care about the newer 2008 model. I figure I should be able to negotiate from well below invoice price (which is listed on Edmunds.com as being 30,271).

Given that dealers are moving the '07s out, how much should I figure I can reasonably expect to get below this invoice price? 500? Do you think I'll be able to bargain for more than 500?

I'm in California so sales tax is 7.25%. So help me with my math here, and make sure I am doing this right. Let's assume I can negotiate 500 off the invoice, leaving a base price of 29,771.

Having shopped around for other cars, I've noticed that most out the door prices roughly come out to a 10% add on from the base price (e.g. sales tax, license, title, etc.)

So, an out the door price should come to a grand total of: roughly 32,750

I also understand that there is currently a $1,000 cash rebate on 2007 models in order to move the inventory. Is it reasonable to assume that I can then shave off $1,000 from that OTD price, leaving me with a final price of:

Is this a fair assumption? Am I being too unrealistic? Am I not being aggressive enough? (e.g. do you think an offer of $31,500 flat out the door is too unrealistic)?

Thoughts, advice, suggestions, would all be appreciated.

Many thanks.
  • hmflyerhmflyer Member Posts: 4
    Paid $1500 below invoice for a demo (tech package) with 2700 miles. In addition got high end book value for my Volvo XC90 trade.

Love the car.
  • jc261095jc261095 Member Posts: 3
    I can not help you with a dealer close to you but I can answer to the Ride.

The 07 RDX ride is a tight ride. I really enjoyed it. I felt in control. I did not feel it to be all that bumpy. I like the sports ride much better than a cadillac ride. Also my dealer said that the 08s were going to have looser rides because that was a big complaint
  • richardjmartinrichardjmartin Member Posts: 7
    Purchased a 2008 RDX with Tech, Carbon Bronze Pearl / Ebony last night and paid $35,250.
  • kaefkaef Member Posts: 7
    Very nice. Congrats!
    Can you give us a breakdown of what've paid?
  • richardjmartinrichardjmartin Member Posts: 7
    $35,250 + $650 accessories (front spoiler, splash guards, rear applique) + $1,300tax + 300 title, tags, etc.. = $37,500 OTD.
  • kennyh75kennyh75 Member Posts: 1
    Red 2007 RDX w/tech $34K + $500 in accessories ("performance package" - all weather mats and trunk guard, splash guards, etc.) + ttt). I know this car has not been a hot seller yet for Acura, but I love the thing. I would advise anyone here to avoid purchasing the car without the tech. I didn't really have to haggle much as we bought a TL from the same dealer a few months ago and he has always been up front - I came armed with the info from this site so thank you all! - kenny
    :shades:
  • jnj91jnj91 Member Posts: 55
    We have been looking at the Honda CRV, the Mazda CX-7 and the RDX. Tonight I finally made the decision and purchased the RDX w/Tech.

We paid $33,145. Bought from Acura of Fayetteville. I'm pretty happy with the price, may have been able to get them down slightly but it was nice to be able to walk in and out with out any hassle.

I traded my '06 TL and I don't think I got a great price for my car but they explained that the dealer incentives on the '07 TL's hurts their resale on the used models. Actually I got them to give me $130 more to cover their "doc fee", so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, it was all helpful!
  • honwaihonwai Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

I found this forum very useful and thanks to everyone posted here. I just got a price quote from a dealership in the bay area for 08 w/tech = invoice + $500 , car is not here yet. Will arrived next month. Please let me know what you think on the price ?

I understand most people paying invoice or below starting Dec. 2006 for 07 model, but given the fact that almost no 08 RDX appears at the dealer's lot (in CA) now. Also, invoice + $500 is what I am looking. Of course, some people can get better deal than me. I want to post here so other buyer can have a reference.

Thanks !
  • johnny98johnny98 Member Posts: 88
    You're probably going to see the 2008 models selling for above invoice while the model is new and supply is low. As production ramps up, dealers may (or may not) lower prices based on demand.
    Hi Johnny98,

It's nice to see you. I did read your post and thanks for the sharing. I did went to your dealership to test drive, it's a great experience. However, since the 08 still too new, they won't able to do anything on the number. (the 33600 you got on 07 is the best value around our area IMO) Will keep you posted once I pick up the car next month.

Thanks !
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Member Posts: 458
    Congrats on the new ride! You definitely list the models you were shopping in ascending order of luxury, yet I have always thought there was a pretty big gap in the perceived luxury between the CR-V and the others you mention. Seems like the CR-V competes more with the RAV4, which by my recollection is a jacked-up Tercel in terms of interior finish.

May I ask, what were the things that most swayed you to the RDX over the CX-7?

-c92
  • carlitos92carlitos92 Member Posts: 458
    I think Invoice+$500 is a pretty good deal for a car in its first month of model-year-release.

This is purely speculation, but I think part of the problem last year was that the CUV market was expected to bubble a lot more than it did initially. Both Acura and Mazda had their respective CUVs sitting on lots a while last fall. There were first-year jitters in both cases, probably - and a fair bit of complaining about MPG. Honda/Acura may play it a little safer for the 2008s now that they have some actual sales numbers, and maybe they'll tighten the supply of vehicles, so the price could stay above invoice longer.

Again, this is purely speculation. If you're willing to wait it out, you may find a better deal in December. If not, I still say Invoice+$500 is pretty darn decent.

-c92
  • waynetamwaynetam Member Posts: 18
    I'm getting $3500 down, $450/mo (including tax/license), 12,000 miles/year, 36 months lease. What do you guys think? I think I negotiated a pretty decent deal compared to the standard Acura lease promotion on the regular RDX which is $3000 down, $299/mo EXCLUDING tax/license), 10,000 miles/year, 36 month lease deal. By the way I'm in southern California.
  • homelucyhomelucy Member Posts: 9
    I'm interested in leasing an '08 RDX with Tech package but am having a hard time justifying this lease price. I don't believe the car is orth $450 a month with $3,500 down as waynetam has experienced. Has anyone gotten any better deals?
  • sababasababa Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2007 RDX Tech in suburban Chicago earlier this week. 1 of 2 remaining on dealer lot, -0- miles.

Price paid was $33,750 exclusive of tax.
  • stevev1000stevev1000 Member Posts: 3
    I am getting the Following Price from Acura 101 in Calabasas CA for the RDX Tech MSRP is $37,365.00 and your Costco price is $35,085.00. Not bad from what I can see.
    Has anyone dealt with them before? I am also talking to
    Gold Coast Acura in Ventura. They cant give me pricing just yet but they say they shoudl be able to match this price.

What do you guys think?

Also anyone ever tried to rent a Acura for the weekend sort of like and long test drive?
  • ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    If that price is before taxes it is way too high.

People have been paying invoice for a while on the RDX tech. Especially due the fact that the 2008 has memory seat and auto dim mirror standard.

I would definitely shop around and send some quote requests on-line.
    You should be able to get a new 2007 RDX Tech for $33xxx in California, plus tax and license. Don't bother with the buying services since they take a cut off the top. Look earlier in this thread for what other people have paid and expect prices to go down now that dealers are getting the 2008 model. Specific colors of the 2007 model may be hard to find, though. The 2008 model is selling for slightly above invoice, but still less than the quote you got.
    I sorry I forgot the price I got was for a 2008 RDX with tech not the 07. One dealer said that the $35085 was 250 over invoice. What is the invoice prioce you guys ahve seen?
  • leadfoot45leadfoot45 Member Posts: 2
    Hi sababa.
    Please let me know what dealer in chicago. I cant find one in that range for a tech. is that the price with delivery and was it brand new?
  • camcleod69camcleod69 Member Posts: 3
    Bought RDX Tech 07 for $33290 + $670 destination (Sacramento, CA). I told the salesman I heard rumors of a $1000 rebate on 07's that he could not confirm during negotiations. He confirmed it only after the deal was sealed (he was very quick to accept my offer). So for anyone looking to buy 07 RDX there definitely is a $1000 rebate....
    Hi camcleod69,

I ordered the 08 but if there is a good deal for the rebate on 07, I would like to consider. I am also in CA, could you give more details on the rebate please since the dealership I ordered from still has 6 2007 RDX at the lot, all with Tech.

Thanks
    I only learned about it from the salesman after the deal was done. He said "The $1000 rebate on 07's you mentioned is legit". I don't know if this applies to 08's as well. I looked all over the internet prior to my purchase and was unable to confirm. I bought from Niello Acura.

When you buy, tell your salesman you know about the $1000 factory to dealer rebate (ie other dealers have confirmed it). They are very motivated to move the 07's off the lot. I bet you could buy one for $1000 under invoice with minimal haggling. Good luck!
  • boltman2boltman2 Member Posts: 9
    How would you rate your purchase from Niello? My folks do not have a computer (go figure) and have had me researching. They are planning on going to Niello or Elk Grove.
  • typesguytypesguy Member Posts: 1
    So far the best prices I am getting offered on an RDX are as follows: 31,700 for a 2008 RDX Non-Tech arriving in late Sept. or an 2007 RDX Tech for 34,600 now.

What do you think.
    The buying experience at Niello was good. I made an offer, they came back $250 above my offer. I told them I would not pay more, so they accepted my original offer. The deal was made in 5 minutes time. The only issue was my car was not ready when promised the next day. They needed to keep it overnight to detail it. I told them I would be in between 9:30 and 10:00 AM. My car was not ready until 11:30. A little frustrating, but not the end of the world. They offered my first service visit for free, but I don't live in the area.
  • erey1erey1 Member Posts: 3
    Never leased before someone PLEASE help with these figures!
    Can purchase for 34,345. Can lease with the following parameters: 569 per mo. for 36 months, 36k miles, zero down,money factor .00206, 57% residual, security deposit 575 refundable at lease end.

Do these numbers make sense? Want to pull the trigger tomorrow. Thanks
  • casa7casa7 Member Posts: 3
    Check also in this Accura RDX forum
    http://rdx.acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
  • bwc32bwc32 Member Posts: 3
    I am just starting my purchasing journey and got a quote for $33,595 for a 2007 w/tech in the Bay area. I will need another week or two before I am ready to buy and expect most of the 2007's may be gone by then. Of the 6 dealers I contacted only 2 said they had one in stock plus another with a 'demo'

Anyone have any 2008 buying experiences to offer as a comparison? I'm expecting that since the MSRP (according to Edmunds) went up $200 and the $1000 factory-to-dealer incentive to 'clear out' the 07's probably doesn't apply, the 2008 best case price might be $1200 over the 07 price. If that's true, based on the quote I already have, I am looking at ($33,595 + $1200) $34795 for an 08.

Comments anyone?

Thanks,
    Bryan
    You're going to be lucky to find a 2008 selling for below invoice. 2007 models are readily available for below invoice, not including the $1000 incentive. That means the price differential (actual price paid) between 2007 and 2008 is going to be more like $2000.
  • kostyankostyan Member Posts: 6
    Whats the most under invoice anyone has paid so far for a 2007 RDX with Tech?
    In April, I paid $33,600 for a RDX Tech. I think that's about $500 under invoice. In recent weeks, I have heard of people paying as low as $33,300 (not including cash incentives). The best price that I have heard for a 2008 RDX Tech is $500 over invoice, though that may change as supply increases.
  • goldstar4goldstar4 Member Posts: 9
    I have got an offer for $32500+tax+licensing fees for 2007-RDX with Tech package. Another dealer is ready to beat that price..Is that a good deal in Bay area, CA?
    That probably already includes the $1000 dealer incentive, so it is an OK price, not a great price. If you negotiate a little, you can probably a down a few hundred or get some accessories thrown in.
    08 with Tech $35000 + tax/fees !!
    Will pick up the car in the next few weeks. I have been shop around and I think this is the best deal I received in all the Bay area Acura.
  • bwc32bwc32 Member Posts: 3
    I think this sounds like a pretty good offer. I just hope it's not one of the RDX's I'm hoping to buy in a week or two!

From what I can tell, the original dealer cost is $33,050 (Invoice is $34,145; holdback is $1,095). Now subtract the $1000 incentive on the 2007's and the final dealer cost is $32,050. This leaves the dealer less than $500 to pay his bills (interest, commissions, etc). I'm not feeling sorry for the dealer, but I do think the deal must be fair for both parties and $450 seems very reasonable to me.
    I purchased the 7yr(84 months)/70K miles extended warrant for $2,200. I can still get back 100% refund within 60days, Please give me some feedback, so I know if I should keep it.

You know most time a buyer will make a mistake when there is a long and sweet "sale talk" and I fell into it !!

Thanks !!
  • goldstar4goldstar4 Member Posts: 9
    bwc32, there are couple of dealers in Bay area ready to make a deal at that price (including security wheel locks). But they are not ready to offer "special rate" Honda finance with that price. Do you hear the same from dealers?
    thanks\goldstar
    Is that the Acura extended warranty or something sold by a no-name 3rd party insurance company? Have you researched the company to see if they are reliable and that the warranty actually covers things that are likely to break?
    Hi Johnny98, this is actually Acura's warranty not 3rd party, so the math is now paying $2,200 for the warranty (7yr/70K) in the future which is after 4yr/50K.... good/no ? Or how about put $2,200 into a CD Saving 5% for 4yrs and the interest $ may able to cover the repair cost in the future.... ?
    Extended warranties are priced to make money for the company, so Acura is betting that the car will not need $2200 in warranty repairs. I've owned 3 Japanese cars in the past and none of them required any warranty work. If your experience is different or the cost of warranty repairs is a major financial burden for you, then paying for the insurance may be worthwhile for you.
  • tonyd45tonyd45 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased an '08 RDX this week. The dealer wanted $1,600 for the 7yr 70K Acura Warranty. I offered him $800.00 and told him I was exploring other extended warranties as well (AAA has a pretty close one and so does WarrantyDirect.Com) He said he couldn't do it for $800.00 but came back with a counter offer of $1,149.00. That was cheaper than the other two and that's the warranty I chose.
    It's only $1125 (7yr/70K) here http://www.curryacuracare.com !! I will get it for that price.
    I got an 08 RDX Tech for 35085 the other night .....

So far .. I love it.
  • luvrdx08luvrdx08 Member Posts: 7
    I got my 2008 Acura RDX with TECH (Polished Metal Metallic with Ebony Int.) 8/30/07 for a price of $34,435 + tax,reg. It was a smooth purchase transaction and a great deal.My hubby and I are loving and enjoying the car!!!! :D
  • luvrdx08luvrdx08 Member Posts: 7
    I GOT MY 2008 ACURA RDX WITH TECH(PMM/EBONY) 2 DAYS AGO FOR $34,435 + TAX,REG FROM MICHAEL MACDONALD OF SPRINGFIELD ACURA .
  • brookeville1brookeville1 Member Posts: 1
    What dealership was that at? Thanks.