Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ribossi1ribossi1 Member Posts: 8
    I brought a TL-Tech in NJ and I told a friend who got a RDX Tech last week, he paid invoice price of $34,429 plus destination of $715. Also, there is a big difference in the suspension from a 07 to an 08, and the 08 has memory seats, the 07 does not.

You can go to www.acurasearch.com to see the dealership and the salesman that we brought from. Hope that helps.
  • bomowobomowo Member Posts: 9
    A month ago people were getting RDX w/ Tech for $34400 including destination charge.
  • dyung1dyung1 Member Posts: 3
    To those it may concern:
    For most of October we had been negotiating with the floor manager of South Coast Acura Subaru on Harbor Blvd in Orange County with regard to a new 2006 Acura TSX equipped with navigation and lojack. The only issue left was the price, which was addressed, by the salesman's letter of October 22 in which he proposed that we “partake” of South Coast’s offer “priced at $25,281 plus fees and license”; he would “await {y}our decision.”
    On Friday night of that week, I left dinner early to finalize the deal with South Coast Acura. I found the floor manager sitting at his computer, and informed him that I was prepared to buy the Acura TSX for twenty-five thousand plus fees, to which he enthusiastically agreed, raising to shake my hand, stating that “we had a deal”. The salesman must have heard us and came over to also shake my hand, telling me what a great deal I had made. In the mean time, the floor manager was on the computer making sure everything was in order. He went through the particulars, finalizing the price at “$25,000 plus fees and license”, and had a “sold to David” sign put on the dashboard so it could not be sold by mistake.
    Meanwhile, the general manager, who had been listening to this while explaining to me how I could finance the car at no cost on my credit card by paying off the invoice from Honda as soon as it came, also kindly agreed to store the car at no charge as long as I first paid for it; thereby enabling me to give it to surprise my wife on her birthday in early December.
    Then the general manager asked the floor manager to get up so he could check out the deal. He asked the floor manager if various bosses were aware and had approved that this car be sold for “$25,000 plus fees and license. Did they know it had navi; were they aware it came with lojack, and was certified?”
    The floor manager replied that “yes, they were very much aware since we had been going back and forth for the last few weeks to get the deal done; all the items had been okayed by them, not to mention the salesman’s proposal letter.” I added that the certification, because they were going to sell me the 2006 Acura as a used car, was what cinched the deal.
    The salesman then started to get the financing paperwork to allow me to put the car on the credit card, telling me that it would take at least ten to fifteen minutes. Since I had left our dinner company early, and the general manager seemed to be taking so long getting through it, I said I would come back tomorrow to sign the paperwork.
    The salesman showed me the sold sign on the dashboard and told me not to worry about it, stating emphatically that “we had a deal”.
    Next day when we returned, my wife was given to understand that the deal was still on as she was shown all the cars goodies by the salesman, only to then be informed by the floor manager that they could not, and would not sell it to us for the agreed upon price because it was below invoice, causing them to lose money.
    “They sent me to do the dirty work, said the floor manager shamefully. I’m sorry, it’s out of my hands.”
    We asked how one could negotiate in good faith for weeks, shake hands on the deal with not just the salesman, but also the floor manager, who confirmed that it was also approved by those above him, and then just have them back out.
    The salesman tried to justify it saying, ”why would they possibly want to do a deal, where they would lose money; they’ll just wait for someone to come along who’ll pay more.”
    When we went back the next week to agree to take the car without the certification, thereby saving the dealer ship the money which the salesman said was stopping the deal, we were told that they would not even speak to us about the car because we had "threatened a lawsuit."
    Well Mr. salesman, since you told us from the start that they were losing money on it, why would you send us a letter proposing this deal if they were going to renege on it? Oh yes, that’s why car dealers have such a sterling reputation. It wasn’t a scam, just another loss leader that mysteriously disappeared.
    We have waited until now to initiate this complaint in the hope that the owner would have met with us or returned our phone calls to resolve this matter, but to no avail.

South Coast Acura Subaru:
    WHERE PROMISES AND HANDSHAKES ARE ONLY EMPTY WORDS AND GESTURES;
    WHERE A USED CAR SALES MANAGER IS NEVER FAR AWAY; AND TREACHERY IS THE ORDER OF THE DAY.

Gail and David
    Corona del Mar

cc: AARP consumer complaint division
    Better Business Bureau of Costa Mesa
    Better Business Bureau of Orange County
    California State Attorney General
    Daily Pilot
    David Horowitz
    District Attorney of Costa Mesa
    District Attorney of Orange County
    KFI John and Ken
    O.C.Register
  • jpackianjpackian Member Posts: 6
    Finally pulled the trigger.

08' RDX TECHNOLOGY (Black on Black) - Central NJ
    34479.00 + Tax + Doc + Tire + MV
    Total : $37443.00 (All inclusive)
    $649.50 a month for 60 months (4.9%) with $3000.00 down
    What do you guys think?
    It's my first time to buy a car so I thought besides the destination charge, there's the tax and title. What type of fees are Doc, Tire, and MV. I'm guessing Doc is title?
  • cdb1cdb1 Member Posts: 4
    Does this sound like a good deal?

2008 Acura RDX w/o tech
    MSRP $33,910
    CAP COST $32,956
    Res Value $19,328
    MF .00155
    Upfront: $1260 (first pymt, bank fee, doc fee)
    36 mo's/12k miles
    Final payment $455
    After salesperson talked to Fin Mgr again, reduced to $429

Final two lease payments totalling $560 would be paid by dealer and they would then return the car to Honda, said they didn't want it....it's an '05 Accord ex-v6 coupe, 6 speed, not sure why they wouldn't want it?

Also considering the Mazda CX-7
  • starlifter2starlifter2 Member Posts: 1
    The 08 model added memory seats and auto dimming rear view mirror.
  • 12thmonkey12thmonkey Member Posts: 10
    Hi ,

Does anyone know about the advertising fee that acura charges the dealer? my dealer claims that acura charges him 600 $ and insists that its part of his invoice cost , is that true ?

Cheers
    Which dealer is this? and does your 34479 include destination charge? I think it's an alright deal since people are getting $34400 including destination. Are you getting an freebies?
  • fourminefourmine Member Posts: 16
    Ok...I'll try again (previous didn't post)...the cap cost reduction you mentioned-who's paying for that? And is this a Northeast dealer?
  • jpackianjpackian Member Posts: 6
    Precision Acura of Princeton
    Hi,

Bought the 2008 RDX W/O Tech today .

Final Price : 33250 Out the Door.

Color : White Daimond Pearl , Taupe Interior

Thanks to all the users of the forum , helped me a lot while shopping for a price.

Cheers
  • bahenbahen Member Posts: 1
    just got an offer for 07 RDX with Tech package for 33,000..that includes destination fee.. so 33K plus tax and licensing.. is that fair for a 07? It has 96 miles on it and last 07 on the lot.. color and interior I want.. I think for a 08, the price is 35K.. 2K less for a 07..deal or should I wait on the 08? not a huge difference it sounds but 96 miles or 8 miles and fresh off the truck for another 2K.. thoughts?
  • mogul2mogul2 Member Posts: 14
    Where? Acura of Ann Arbor? Did you have to haggle too much?
    It was at Ann Arbor Acura , didn't have to haggle much.

I just shopped around in Troy and Novi , and called up AA Acura with the price and they agreed. Troy was easy to negotiate with online but were charging more for the color that I want , didn't particularly care for the way the Suburban folks in Novi tried to negotiate so I walked away.

I had an option to buy the vehicle in Chicago , but the best price I got over there was about 33225 out the door, so decided to make the purchase in AA.

Any way the sales rep (John Reicart) was really plesent to deal with , I am not sure if I got the price coz it was the end of the month or because new incentives were coming starting December.

Iam reasonably happy as it was the closest I could get to the Consumer reports pricing report.
  • ajv3ajv3 Member Posts: 5
    I'm interested in a 2008 base RDX in Chicago. Where did you get the offer in Chicago and what was the offer before TTL? Thanks.
  • gin72460gin72460 Member Posts: 1
    I was offered this deal by email:
    This Fall Season, Acura of Serramonte's Internet Department is assisting our Internet Customers through our Straightforward Pricing for any of our model selections starting 11/15/2007 - 11/25/2007.

2007 RDX with Technology Package for $32,400+ Tax + Licensing Fees (MSRP $37,165). We have a silver/taupe RDX 07 Tech package available in stock.

2008 RDX with Technology Package for $35,000+ Tax + Licensing Fees (MSRP $37,410).
    Price includes free security wheel locks and good for any of our in stock model selections.

*Starting on 11/1/2007 to 11/30/2007 you can get special financing as low as 2.9% for 36 months or 4.9% for 60 months on approved credit.*
  • witt168witt168 Member Posts: 23
    Hi 12thmonkey,

Can you tell me what is your price before all taxes and fees?

Thanks
    I think it was 31200 or pretty close to that , I really just negotiated based on my price of 33250 , also I forgot to mention in the last post that I paid for the registration which in my case came to 80 bucks.

Cheers
    I'm interested in a 2008 base RDX in Chicago. Where did you get the offer in Chicago and what was the offer before TTL? Thanks.
  • leadfoot45leadfoot45 Member Posts: 2
    LIbertyville or Pauly Acura on the north side. McGrath in Glenview are very dishonest. I found out the hard way
    Chicago Dealership that I got the quote from was

Muller's Woodfield Acura
  • sciguysciguy Member Posts: 5
    Paid $34,400 for the car (vs sticker total of $37,410) and $600 extra for a roof rack at Tustin Acura. Put $10,000 down and financed the rest at 2.90% for 3 yrs. I suspect the roof rack is overpriced, but overall I am happy with the purchase and very pleased with the car. The Nav system is very friendly and the XM radio has great sound quality. I'm hoping my tire guys will give me good credit for the stock Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires in trade for Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas 'cause the latter tires are supposed to be way better in snow according to TireRack.com.
  • wmuruganwmurugan Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for this info. It helped me narrow down my search as I'm interested in a 2008 base RDX in Chicago area.
    i got quote from one of them, is this a fair quote
    $31,004.00.+doc. fee+destination+sales tax+accessories?

Thanks
    Drivechicago.com lists $30,637 for 2008 base at Arlington Acura In Palatine. Haven't called yet to see if destination is included.
    Thanks for sharing the site. Could you let us know if you find if the list price includes Destination fee.
  • thuidoithuidoi Member Posts: 5
    Just got a quote from Performance Acura in Chapil Hill,NC. $32,000. even OUT THE DOOR. I was offered $33,145 the first time I requested a quote from them, 2 days ago. I replied, " I'm sorry, I wasted your time, but I could not go beyond $32000". Got the final quote today. 32000 out the door.
  • suvsearcher1suvsearcher1 Member Posts: 23
    Thuidoi, $32,000 Out The Door seems a very good price. What kind of financing are they offering at Performance Acura, Chapel Hill. I live in Winston Salem, NC and don't mind driving down to Chapel Hill for a similar deal if they are offering a low financing.
    :) Thuidoi,can you elaborate on your deal, trim +accesories you got.Thanks
  • thuidoithuidoi Member Posts: 5
    hey guys, just picked up my car today. It turn out to be the saleman mistake for the price of 32000 out the door. it is acutally $32,500 otd. I just got the base package, polished metal metallic, taupe interior, and wheel locks. special finance from 12/01/07 - 12/14/07, 36 months or less = 2.9%, 37-60 months = 4.90%. i got the 4.9%, this is from american honda finance. my saleman was Vatell, tell him John sent you.
    Thuidoi..thanks!
    Called Arlington Acura. They said the destination is included in the price on drivechicago.com. But refused to give me an OTD price over the phone.
  • jm464jm464 Member Posts: 1
    Bought 2008 RDX with Technology Package yesterday with the following options:
    Remote Starter, Roof Rack, Mud Flaps, All Season Mats, Cargo Liner, Moon Roof Visor and Body Side Moulding. The whole deal with added options $ 36,421. Not sure if it was the best deal but I was tired of going back and forth with dealers etc.. Dealer was Acura of Boston. Trade in price was fair for my vehicle and was going to pay cash for the whole thing but the 2.9% Honda Finance available made me re-think that and ended up financing 18K.
    Hope this helps those in the market get a better price.
    Jm464..Great deal... how did you pull this one. What was the invoice price did you pay?
  • valariousvalarious Member Posts: 5
    Was quoted $35,389 from Atlanta Area dealer +$499 Doc and $21 Warrenty and Title. I think I can get better. 2008 RDX with Tech.
    valarious, Which delearship... let me know if you get a better offer.
    Looking to buy 2008 rdx model with tech pack around Atlanta area... do any one have any suggestion?dealership and price
  • tirpletirple Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I just got my RDX with tech.
    It was 35954 with Roof rack, Moonroof Visor, Floor Mats, and clear shield hood protectant.
    Sums up the total to about 38817(I live in MN, so 6.5%tax, $476 license, and $50 registration fee.)
    I'm just wondering if it is a good deal?
  • rdx2008rdx2008 Member Posts: 4
    Paid 33,900$ for RDX 08 OTD (including all purpose mats, splash guard, remote starter, taxes, reg fee and doc fee)
    Purchased it from one of the Boston area dealers.

Is it a good deal?

With $1000 trade in for my mazda 626 (1995, 139K miles) my on the road price was 32,900$
  • nothiattnothiatt Member Posts: 3
    I am just about to sign the dotted line on my RDX 08 Tech. I promise to post details on the deal when it is done and dusted, but in the meantime, I have a question.

Do I need to buy a LoJack with the RDX Tech or does their Nav system already provide the necessary tracking? Would you buy or not? I have been quoted $795 for it, can it be purchased cheaper else where?

Thanks to you all...
  • rdx2008rdx2008 Member Posts: 4
    What's the price quote you got on this car?
    I asked my dealer for the lowjack and $700 is what he quoted. I did not go for it.
  • gzackermangzackerman Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to make a final decision on a 2008 RDX w/Tech vs. a Land Rover LR2 with or without Tech. The invoice prices I have seen for the RDX on Edmunds.com ($34,429, which includes $715 destination charge) seem to be higher than the prices that I have seen in recent posts. I am a 10-year customer of Columbia Acura in Cincinnati, so I get preferred customer pricing. However, I have not inquired yet about the RDX. Does anyone have any thoughts concerning why some of you have gotten out-the-door prices that have been nearly $2K lower than invoice?
  • statzstatz Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me what the salesprice of the vehicle is based on the info below and if this is a good deal on a lease? The salesman said it was only a little over invoice.

2008 Acura RDX without Tech

15k miles

53% Residual (17,972)

0.000900 Money factor which is less then 2%

1995 Down + fees

575.42 Plates

369 Doc Fee

436 Lifetime-Tint/door edge guards/wheel locks/truck tray n2 tires and paint protection with 6 details.

428+tax (monthly payment)
  • mostro750mostro750 Member Posts: 9
    i am buying a non-tech RDX, MSRP is 33910 and invoice is 31,220.

i'd like to get an idea for what i should be paying (please exclude taxes, accessories, other fees etc. as they are different in every state)

what should my base cost be?

the best quote i have in email is about 32,500 which seems high

i am thinking nearer to invoice?

let me know
  • user155user155 Member Posts: 1
    FYI -- 2008 Acura RDX Tech package purchased January 2008 paid appx. $500 over invoice, total of $34,930 incl. delivery. This is $985 under Edmunds TMV on the week I purchased. Phoned several dealers, went with the dealer who gave me his best price immediately up front over the phone with no haggling (and it was better than the offers I got after much haggling on the phone with the sales guys who were "old school" starting high and bargaining down). In addition I ordered three Acura-website listed dealer-installed options with some bargaining needed on installation costs: roof rack, body side molding, rear park distance sensors. According to Acura, MSRP on these all together is $1174 plus installation, dealer charged me $1558 including installation -- Edmunds does not give any info on TMV or invoice on these options. Additional $250 to tint front windows. Figures do not include taxes or DMV. Offered choice of current promotions same as on Acura website -- 2.9% APR for 36 months, or 36 month lease 10k mi/yr with $1,995+tax due at signing (incl $1,005 cap cost reduction; website doesn't list residuals -- offered 53% residual for the tech package RDX, 56% residual for the base model; if leased have to pay 100% of all dealer installed options). My desired color combination not on the lot, no surcharge for locating it.

Hey Edmunds -- please start giving TMV prices on dealer installed options including estimates of fair costs for installation charges! Thanks!
  • gzackermangzackerman Member Posts: 6
    Where did you find this vehicle? I am shopping in Cincinnati. Thanks.
  • naive4naive4 Member Posts: 1
    Paid $480 over invoice. Nothing added to it. yet. I am very happy with my deal and can't wait for my car to get here, New Mexico.

thank u so much to all people posting, I had no idea I could make a deal for a car on my own. With all the info I had about the car and prices around the country I felt well prepared and the salesman who helped me was really nice.
    Thank you Edmunds.com for such a great site :)
  • suzanneasuzannea Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I paid 32K for the base including having a roof rack installed. Hope this info helps. I bought in CT.
  • ezatnovaezatnova Member Posts: 4
    For the posts stating purchase prices of $31,200 and $31,700, etc, is that INCLUDING the $715 destination charge? I'm asking since that would mean that the price is actually well below invoice. I'm guessing that these posters really paid $31,200+715, correct?
  • lucanautlucanaut Member Posts: 10
    Just test drove an RDX in Houston and really really liked it. Dealer quoted me a price all at invoice & dealer's cost for optionals. RDX tech invoice $34,640 (inlcuding dest. fee). Once I loeaded it up with wood grain, cargo net, liner, tray, backup sensor, wheel locks, trailer hitch, I got up to $39K inlcuding title & taxes. Is that pretty good, or can I do better than invoice? Seemed reasonable to me, but thought I'd check...