Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    potter1387potter1387 Member Posts: 1
    just a message
  • Options
    dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    to be honest, it's comparing a purchase to a lease is like comparing apples to oranges. too many other variables.
  • Options
    fourminefourmine Member Posts: 16
    Infinitimn...can you give the details of your lease/ I'm in NJ and leased the base RDX in December (really the end of Nov. ) I'd like to see how much cheaper i could have gotten it (with Tech, no less). I'm an awful negotiator!
  • Options
    insurgoinsurgo Member Posts: 2
    I just Purchased a Moroccan Red RDX with tech package in Phoenix, AZ for $34,679...before tax, title and license.
  • Options
    foxtrot571foxtrot571 Member Posts: 1
    That's a phenomenal price! I'm curious to know if the dealer and the sales person were open to negotiation and if you had to wait for the dealer to locate the color you wanted for the model. :)
  • Options
    infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    In the Northeast (maybe everywhere), there is $1500 lease cash to the dealer, which means the cap cost of my RDX with tech yesterday was $33,000, with very favorable lease mf,equivalent to less than 2% interest.
    I don't know if this is available on sales.
  • Options
    insurgoinsurgo Member Posts: 2
    I requested the quote via Edmunds, and then received a phone call with the initial offer of $34,795 over the phone (including tint, wheel locks, floor mats, the black plastic cargo holder and some door edgings).

They already had the color I wanted, which was actually the only one in the state.

I negotiated via email and phone and was able to get them to send me the final quote with everything listed out including the VIN before I went down to do the paperwork.
  • Options
    mgfciv02mgfciv02 Member Posts: 2
    hi all.... i'm buying a rdx tech package on wednesday and have gotten a few quotes. the cheapest was 33,745. what did you buy yours for? any good car dealers in north jersey that you would recommend? i'm some what new to the acura family, always drove hondas up to this point. please help!
  • Options
    fourminefourmine Member Posts: 16
    Contact Ron (internet sales) at Ramsey Acura...see if he can better your quotes. Real nice bunch of people there. Very professional. Good luck!

PS- sorry I can't give you figures...I leased.
  • Options
    eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    mgfciv02 - I would also highly recommend Ramsey Acura. Nice dealer, excellent service, and aggressive pricing. If you would like the name of the sales managers, please feel free to email me.
  • Options
    hi mgfciv02,

i recently bought the RDX base and I love it. Highly recommend it. My only advice, though, is do not, and i repeat, do not, go to a houston area dealer and try a low ball offer. i tried this once and it wasn't pretty. it all worked out in the end but still, i don't want anyone to have to go through what i did. good luck!
  • Options
    mgfciv02mgfciv02 Member Posts: 2
    i just bought a rdx tech package and had a question... is the memory seat for driver side suppose to move back when you turn off the car and open the door? my friends tl does that so i was wondering if the rdx is suppose to? please help

another question, does the drivers side mirror turn downward also when in reverse or only the the passenger mirror?
  • Options
    if you just bought the rdx tech, couldn't you just go out into your driveway, put it in reverse and look at both the driver and passenger mirrors. should get you the answer you seek. same goes for the memory seat question. best wishes.
  • Options
    johnthjohnth Member Posts: 4
    I received a quote of $31,700 for a base RDX at a dealer in the Twin Cities. I tried the request a quote from Edmunds and none of the dealers sent me an internet quote with one of them saying that due to Acura;s strict pricing policy they could not send a quote through email. I would need to call and talk with them personally. Either way what does everyone think of the $31,700 for a base RDX. Anyone else have any experience in the Mpls/St. Paul area?
  • Options
    $31,700 is a decent initial quote. I received several like that but also one as low as $31,063 (including destination). As you can see from earlier posts, I made a counter offer of $30,700 and all heck broke loose. I don't recommend going through what I did, but my point is that you could probably do better than $31,700. Good luck!
  • Options
    johnthjohnth Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info. I will be happy to get it at about $31,000. If he does not accept it then I will go with the Highlander as my wife wants that one.
  • Options
    not for nothing but the Highlander and RDX are not even in the same class.
  • Options
    The Acura is a compact luxury SUV.
    The Toyota is a midsized SUV. The Highlander is bigger and gets worse gas mileage.
    However, the Hybrid version gets better gas mileage than the Acura, but also costs more than the Acura.

The Acura has a smoother and quieter ride, but it is also more fun to drive because it is smaller and has a 4 cylinder turbocharged engine.
  • Options
    monkeybaronjrmonkeybaronjr Member Posts: 22
    Hey all,

Finally test drove the RDX and the Murano today and my gut tells me to go with the RDX. It feels like a large sports car whereas the Murano feels like a mid-size SUV. After driving nothing but 2-door coupes for my whole life, the RDX is large enough for what I'll need. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a deal, hopefully to catch some end of the month deals. Here are a few deals I've been offered. Please let me know what you guys think!!

1. RDX w/Tech
    "Sell price $ 34,429.00 Invoice
    Dealer processing fee $100.00
    MD Taxes 6% 2071.74
    Tags and reg. 275.00
    OTD 36,875.24" (Does this include the $715 destination fee or is that only in certain circumstances???)

2. RDX w/Tech
    "I can sell you that vehicle for 34,229 and your on the road price is 33,613."
    - I'm not quite sure how to interpret this. It sounds like the $34,229 is $200 below invoice, but the "on the road price" of $33,613? Shouldn't it be higher than the sell price after TT&L? I'd love to pick up an RDX w/Tech for 33,613, or even an OTD price of $34,229. What do you think he means?

3. Another dealer verbally told me he'd beat any written offer by $200.

Thanks everyone. This forum has been a huge help for me.

- monkeybaron
  • Options
    go with the Murano. I bought an RDX and regret it. Murano much better in my opinion. In any case, don't get the Tech package. Waste of money and doesn't give you much. You can get a decent garmin nuvi for a few hundred bucks.
  • Options
    Figured out the destination charge questions. According to Edmunds TMV pricing, $34,429 is the invoice plus the $715 destination charge for an RDX w/Tech. Must have just overlooked it. My bad...
  • Options
    still.... go with the Murano.
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    No way man! Please tell me that you love your RDX and you're just kidding! You just love messing with people! First you tell us you got beat up by the salesman but you loved the RDX so much you bought it anyway. Now you tell us that you regret buying the RDX and would rather have a Murano. You kill me! You must be a psychologist and you're trying some of the Freudian mind-screwing on us.
  • Options
    techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    That's too funny. I test drove both, the recent one being the RDX and our decision is between the two. Since I'm trying to convince myself that leasing is our best option, i'll probably lease the RDX. Leasing the Murano doesn't seem right for some reason. Although the interior of the Murano is very nice, I find the drive of the RDX to be sportier. Anyway, I'm still debating and it will come down to what I can get the best deal on in within a couple months. Let us know what you decide and if you regret your decision in the end. Good luck.
  • Options
    sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the only advice I've received on my offers so far was"go with the Murano". Since then, I've received a few other offers. The best offer thus far has been $200 below invoice ($34,230 before T/T) on an RDX w/tech from 2 separate dealers. Too bad the dealership that will beat any written offer by $200 is 150 miles away which, along with time and a lot of tolls, will significantly decrease the value of that deal.

Will most likely pull the trigger on the $200 below invoice either Thursday or Friday barring some catastrophe or unforeseen revelation. Anyone hear of any better deals in the Philly area??
  • Options
    son, you need to think long and hard about if you really need the Tech package on the RDX. Do you really need to spend $4,000 for a navigation system when a better, more updated navigation system (e.g. Garmin Nuvi, TomTom) could be hadd for a mere few hundred dollars? And what happens when you're traveling? Oh no - my $4,000 navigation system is strapped to me car at home. Wish I would have bought a portable navigation system (e.g. Garmin Nuvi, TomTom). Think about this before plunking down extra money. Base models are always the best deals.
  • Options
    oh, and Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA is good
  • Options
    suvsearcher1suvsearcher1 Member Posts: 23
    I also have a similar opinion. I bought a 2008 RDX Base 2 months ago for 31000 before Tax, Title and doc fee. Total came for 32.5K in North Carolina. It looked like a good deal and car that time. But lately after checking the Murano I feel that its a better value, a bigger car, smoother and quieter V6 engine with comparable interior quality.
    Don't get me wrong here. RDX is good and I knew everything about it before I purchased it but never realised that the handling and cornering for which I bought the car would hardly be put to use in day to day driving. For daily commmute I would now prefer the comfortable, quiet and spacious interior, a smooth and powerful V6 engine and decent handling.

Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    I agree totally with your 2 cents. If I could get the Murano as the same lease deals i'm being offered from the RDX, I probably would pick it over the RDX. My commute to the train station is a 2 mile drive and I'm not an aggressive driver either. That being said, I can't justify paying over $600 a month for a Murano with similar options to the RDX.
  • Options
    lucanautlucanaut Member Posts: 10
    It's interesting that I am reading all this regarding the Murano vs. RDX because I test drove both the old and the brand new Murano and didn't like either one compared to the RDX. On paper I was for the Murano all the way, until I finally went to the dealerships and drove the Muranos and the RDX. Maybe it's because I was coming off a sportscar, but the Murano reminded me too much of a mini van, and its dashboard ergonomics left much to be desired.
  • Options
    suvsearcher1suvsearcher1 Member Posts: 23
    When I first test drove RDX I too fell in love with it. At that time I was comparing it with 2007 Murano, Mazda CX-7, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander and Rav4. RDX beats all these cars in performance and luxury.

I wanted to like CX-7 but for few grand more, RDX is a much better value in terms of performance, reliability, luxury and resale when compared to fully loaded CX-7. I am happy that I did not go with CX-7 especially after reading all those bugs and fixes.

But after 2 months of ownership and looking at the Murano, I feel that a V6 in RDX would have been better. Thats my only gripe. If I push hard the engine makes lot of sound and becomes rough too. So I usually keep my rpm's below 3k mark which takes all the fun away from driving.
  • Options
    When I test drove the SL Murano, I definitely liked it. Good power, solid build, decent interior. However, price aside, the Murano just felt like an SUV, which it obviously is. The RDX felt more like a large sports sedan, which is simply my preference. The cargo room in the RDX is adequate for my needs, but not overly so as in the Murano.

The real X-factor was my fiancee. She will have to drive my vehicle from time to time and she felt most comfortable in the RDX. She has some strange fear of driving large vehicles and the Murano felt too big for her. Unfortunately, that's not something I can argue with. All in all, it was a slight push for the RDX on my side and what she voted for too, though I can easily see why one would prefer the 2009 Murano.
  • Options
    2 principles that guide my life:

1. never let a woman drive my vehicle
    2. never let a woman tell me which vehicle to purchase
  • Options
    syrahsyrah Member Posts: 9
    Here is what the Tampa,FL dealer is offering. Thoughts? Both are out the door cost.
    2007 - 14k miles, tech pkg, Base price, $29,977. out the door = $32,368. plus Tag Cost.
    2007 - 9500 miles, tech pkg, Base price of $31,477, out of door= $33,958 plus Tag costs.
    2007 - 14k miles, Tech pkg, $29,997 or $32,389 plus Tag.

Thanks for any input.
  • Options
    pm41mpm41m Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased an RDX with Tech Package from Montgomeryville Acura. I purchased a TSX from them about 6 months ago. Both purchases were relatively painless processes. With numbers in hand we purchased each of these for very close to invoice. Yes, we might have been able to do a bit ($100's not $1,000's) better, but we wanted to give our business to Montgomeryville Acura. They are convenient to where we live; I have been pleased with their service (only an oil change to date); and I have been pleased with their straight forward approach to sales. They have a nice showroom and a large lot with a good selection of cars. Feel free to contact me for my salesperson's name.
  • Options
    syrahsyrah Member Posts: 9
    Just got these numbers for a Tampa, FL. 36 month/15k lease. Thoughts ???

2008 Acura RDX Tech
    Selling price- $33,236 + $595 acquisition fee
    36 months/15k miles
    $1999 out of pocket
    $463.27 including tax per month

Residual- 50% or $18,705.00
    Money Factor- .00072

Up front fees
    1sy payment- $463.27
    Cap reduction- $880.43
    Upfront sales tax- $93.80
    Tag and title fees- $192.50
    Doc fee- $369
  • Options
    talbotttalbott Member Posts: 1
    I have been in the car business since I was 20 and now I am 38, I bought a 2007 RDX TECH and this car is awesome
  • Options
    frankieg1028frankieg1028 Member Posts: 3
    Just closed on my lease here are the details I think I did OK. I wanted some accessories and worked them for what I could but they really wouldn't budge.

36/12 $ 440/month

1975 due @ signing

Includes:
    All Season Mats
    Cargo tray
    Body Side molding
    splash guards
    1st year services free ( two oil changes and tire rotation)
  • Options
    pjpio1pjpio1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I just purchased a rdx without the tech package and paid 31000 with all weather floor mats and a cargo mats and got 3 years of free oil changes. Compared to the TMV price on Edmunds I feel I did well but was wondering what others thought or had paid.
    Thanks..also I financed at 4.9% for 4 years. I guess I just want to make sure I didnt get ripped off!!!
  • Options
    rdx2008rdx2008 Member Posts: 4
    You got a very good deal man !! Enjoy your new car !!
  • Options
    dcomberdcomber Member Posts: 27
    What type of pricing should I expect (Residual/MF) for a 2008 RDX w/Tech in the Chicagoland area? Looking to buy June/July 2008...
  • Options
    devilpup_vdevilpup_v Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I are in San Jose, Ca.

My current offers are from a couple of dealerships.

They are all about the same so I will post what the best one is so far, I will try harder when I go tomorrow to purchase the RDX.

2008 w/o Tech Pack.
    $33,000 out the door w/ T/T.

Good deal???
  • Options
    Here's what I've been offered...

2008 RDX Base

Mudguards
    Side Moldings
    Cargo Liner
    All Weather Mats
    Back Up Sensors

Selling price $31,339 + tax, doc fee (approx $250), dmv fees
    Dealership offering 5.25% APR

The selling price includes the $1500 dealer incentive being currently offered. What does everyone think? Thanks in advance for any input.
  • Options
    rainbow11rainbow11 Member Posts: 10
    Want to buy soon. Need information on current amount of hold back, and amount of dealer incentive. Edmunds TMV pricing in my area is $33,671 which includes $715 destination charge. But, I think I can do better if I know hold back and dealer incentive. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    i reckon you could get it for $30,700 + tax, doc fee, dmv fee, etc. and then get 2.9% APR on your loan
  • Options
    After months of researching and reading the posts on this board, I finally pulled the trigger on the RDX Base in polished metal. Price paid for the vehicls, $31k (plus tax, doc fee, dmv fees) with 5 dealer accessories installed. I toyed with the idea for the tech package, but couldn't justify paying extra for it. Anyway, the dealership I worked with was professional and actually pleasant to deal with. Thank you to all who contributed to this forum and good luck to those who are starting out in the process.
  • Options
    jtsaint72jtsaint72 Member Posts: 9
    You must be very lonely...
  • Options
    devilpup_vdevilpup_v Member Posts: 3
    I got my base model RDX for $31,700 out the door with tax and tags.

Here is the scoop.

The dealerships can not give you a break on the price with 2.9% financing.

They (dealership) get either $3500 cash for selling a car WITHOUT 2.9% or they can sell the car @ a higher price @ 2.9%.

I got my RDX for $29,500+Tax+Tags= $31,700!!! @ 5.4%
    Second choice was 31,000+Tags+Tax=$33,200 @ 2.9%

I wasn't too concerned with the financing price since I will pay off the car SOONER than my contract.
  • Options
    angelina247angelina247 Member Posts: 17
    Just to clarify, the 2.9% is for 36 months or less. If the purchase if 4 or 5 years it's 4.9%.

I have to say I got the RDX with technology package and I think the tech package is worth every penny. I absolutely love it. It worth the extra money and when you look at what BMW would chage for the extra's its a great deal. I looked at quite a few cars and I am so happy with the RDX.