Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ssara_sadassara_sada Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy New 08 RDX Base. Can anyone tell me the best price that i can negotiate for?

Thanks
  • collective11collective11 Member Posts: 6
    I just negotiated for a Base RDX, 36 months, 18k miles per year, $2100. down inc. 1st month and all taxes and fees, and $476. a month. Fair?
  • cindyhan314cindyhan314 Member Posts: 23
    anyone has most recently quote for RDX w/t?
    How low it could be? Would it possible to get one in CT for $29,000+tax?
  • rpkrdxrpkrdx Member Posts: 1
    i received a price of 28219.00+tax+dmv for the base rdx from a dealer in Pleasantville, NJ 08232
  • kyeungkyeung Member Posts: 9
    Hi qwerty123,

I live in the Bay Area and am also looking to purchase a RDX. May I ask where you bought your car? (if you can provide the name of the salesperson taht would be even better). How do you like it so far? Thanks.
  • haiqphamhaiqpham Member Posts: 3
    I got the offer around Philadelphia area for $28,770 + taxes, so your offer is about $500 better.
    Thank you
  • mlassitmlassit Member Posts: 5
    Dealer in VA - 2008 AcuraRDXTech

MSRP $37410
    Roof rails $587
    Discount $5597
    Difference $32400
    Tax $1048.77
    Tag and title $63.75
    Proc Fee $399
    Total $33,911.52

$0 Down
    3yr/36kMi
    Pmt $517

Residual value $18,331
    Money Factor 0.00101

If someone could respond today, that would be great. From looking at other deals on the board, not convinced I'm getting a deal.

Thanks!!
  • free888free888 Member Posts: 18
    Could you tell me what dealer in the Philly area gave you that price? Did it include doc fees as well? I've been looking at the CR-V, but with the cash back on the RDX, it's now in the ballpark.
  • rdxbuyerrdxbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Planning to buy new RDX 08 or 09 if available. Any good deals for this in Dallas TX area. I am looking for a technology package.
  • depdep Member Posts: 79
    New 08 TECH for Invoice less the $2500 incentives and 0.9% for 36m and $4000 over KBB for trade. Plus TTL and $150 doc fee.

Chicagoland dealer in Woodfield area. I don't think Edmunds allows you to post dealer info but if they do I would be glad to; amazing experience.
  • cargal7cargal7 Member Posts: 2
    Have a quote of 32,963 OTD price on an 2008 Acura RDX w/ Tech package. Good deal or not?
    No way for us to tell you. You have to break it down into each element of the deal.
  • cargal7cargal7 Member Posts: 2
    Quoted as: 2008 Acura RDX w/ Tech pkg - price $31,050,
    $760 destination charge
    $170 dealer fee
    $933 tax
    $40 tags
    $10 title fee
    OTD price $32,963.
    If the RDX is new (not a DEMO, loaner, test drive mule, etc) then it is a very good deal!

If you have a trade then you would need to determine if they are giving you a good price on that or not.
    2008 Acura RDX Base (New)

$27655 Price (includes cargo tray, wheel locks, and mud flaps)
    $760 Destination
    $1708 Tax
    $180 Title, Tags & Docs

$30300 OTD

How'd I do?
  • dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    could have done better. way better.
    The base RDX is 31,265 less $2500 incentive = $28,765

You paid $28,330 + TTL which is a great deal assuming it is a new RDX (not a demo, loaner, etc) and assuming you got a good price on your trade, if any.

Did you take the .9%?
    It was brand new (less than 10 miles on it, still had the bags on the seats, etc.). No trade in, eligible for the .9%, took the 3.9% for 60 months.
    Yep, that is a great deal on a great car! It is not often that an Acura sells for ~3k under invoice. And, this is even early in the model cycle.

Congrats!!!
  • alex07631alex07631 Member Posts: 9
    i'm looking to get into New 08 RDX Base this weekend,

If anyone received a good deal lately please let post your finding

I'm in North Jersey

Thanks!
    RE Base 08 RDX

In the Chicago area anyway there are a TON of base 08s left on lots but no TECHs. If you find that dealers have good stock of base 08s in your area I would press for:

Invoice
    Less Holdback (3% of MSRP)
    Less $2500 manf. to dealer cash

For the base 08 RDX:

31,265 Invoice including dest.
    -$995 dealer holdback
    -$2500 cash back
    =$27,770 + tax, title, license

If it were me I would allow the dealer $500 of the hold back and thus be willing to pay $28,270.
    does that still qualify for 36m @ .9% or 60m @ 2.9%?

thanks
  • jcrawford999jcrawford999 Member Posts: 17
    Just bought 2008 RDX Tech Package with 30 miles on the odometer in the Chicago area.

Price including destination: $30,300

Not sure how they came to this number but it was over $4,100 less than invoice. I understand that there's $2,500 dealer cash. If we factor in 3% dealer holdback off MSRP, it's another $1,100 or so. This adds up to $3,600. There must be another dealer incentive to account for the extra $500.

Yes, we had a trade-in but it was within $100 of Edmunds estimate of trade-in value. The dealer gave us $600 over what Carmax had appraised the vehicle at.
    Forgot one thing . . .

This deal also qualified for the 0.9% financing for either 24 months or 36 months. So it's $2,500 dealer cash AND 0.9% financing for those of you who are interested.

All in all, I think it was a really good deal.
    Alex,

In case you're still looking for one . . . we called all the Acura dealers in Chicagoland yesterday (8/18) and this was their inventory for Tech packages (non-demos):

Palatine: 1
    Libertyville: 1
    Westmont: 3
    Naperville: 2
    I called 2 closest dealers and both had ZERO stock on 08 Base
    there's another dealer next to my work, i'll see if i can get that magic 28.2k with destination

Update:
    Denville, NJ: "hasn't seen them in months"
    That is funny. Libertyville claimed to have 'a few' when I was looking 2 weeks ago but when I pressed them for colors and prices they said they were all sold out but to come in for a great deal on an 09. Sounds like they are playing bait and switch.

They did have one 08 TECH used /w 6k that they would have sold me for 1k more than I paid for a new 08 TECH! Ha!!
    If stock in nearly gone I would expect to pay Invoice. Still a great deal as you get $2500 off that + .9% for 3 years.
    We actually scouted the lots out on Saturday after closing to look at colors and selection. We didn't see any 08 Tech Packages at all at Libertyville or Highland Park. I did see a "new" white 2007 Tech Package at Libertyville though - maybe that's the one they are referring to. Of course, we forgot to bring the binoculars to check out the stickers of the RDXes in the showroom :-)

As of Monday morning: Palatine had 1 red one left, Westmont had 3 silvers, Naperville claims to have 2 silvers.
  • sky23213sky23213 Member Posts: 300
    What do you think is the reason for such deep discounts on an Acura?
    I was very surprised when I was looking up the RDX on Edmunds - first time I see a TMV well below the invoice. And that was before the incentives.
    Is it the gas mileage? The premium fuel? Or just the stars aligned properly? We are buying a new car in the next month or so, and the RDX just went way up on the list. Of course, with our luck, by that time the '08s and/or the incentives are going to be all gone :cry:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772
    Almost any vehicle that registers under 20 mpg city in the EPA ratings is not moving... New models are coming... old ones have to go..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    It's not just Acura. Every vehicle that gets less than about 26mpg highway is on fire sale right now. You can buy Tahoes for $12k off all day long. CX-9s for $10k off. You can buy any Dodge truck, Nissan Armada or Titan for at least 25% off. Only the hottest selling SUV/CUVs are holding the line right now.
    The Jeep Grand Cherokee is going for Invoice less all hold back less $6400 in cash back.
  • disapointed3disapointed3 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have any suggestions I bought a 2008 Acura RDX from Sussman Acura in Jenkin town three weeks ago and still waiting for the title. They say they lost it and have had to go to the dept motor vehicles to get a new one. Still no sign of a title. An no returned calls.

I paid cash for the car so there are no problems with financing just delivery.
    Call the GM of the dealership. His name and # should have been sent to you in a letter about a week after purchase (not sure if I can post the info here). They also have a Customer Care Coordinator if the GM can't help, whose name/# is also in that letter. If that doesn't work, call Acura?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I agree with free888--call the general manager. When you do, don't forget to mention that you can't, in good consicence, give them the highest customer satisfaction rating if you don't have your title in hand when Acura calls.
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    I wouldn't panic yet. In SC, I've seen dealers come in with big folders full of recent sales to be processed by the DMV. They will swap for a big folder of new plates and titles that were dropped off sometime in the past. I've waited anywhere from 3 weeks to almost the full 45 days allowed by law before the dealer gets the titlework back to the store, depending on how backlogged the DMV was at the time.
    don't get the tech package. complete waste of money. get a garmin or tomtom for pennies on the dollar.
  • metalblazemetalblaze Member Posts: 40
    I think this is a great OTD pricing. Could you please provide contact information of the dealer/salesman?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• metalblazemetalblaze Member Posts: 40
    Agreed -- and my bad for asking salesman related info. I'd be happy to know the dealer info though.
    If you have the money the TECH package is really worth the money. Integrated NAV is far better than a portable one with all sorts of wires, theft issues, etc.

If you are short on money then get a portable, yes.
  • meg9meg9 Member Posts: 1
    I received the below quote today for a 2008 RDX tech in Seattle, WA. Thoughts?
    $33955.82
    money factor is 0.00101%
    12k miles/year
    monthly: $487.13/month + tax (9.2%)
    First payment + licensing and tax is $796.33 and then there is a doc fee of $50 (believe aquisition fee is rolled into the $33955.82).

thoughts?
    After negotiations, there was only a $2,200 difference between the Base and Tech. The Tech Package is not only the navigation. It includes the rear view camera, surround sound system, voice recognition, among other things.

I parallel park fairly often in Chicago and absolutely love the rear view camera, especially when there's a low car like a Civic or a Miata behind me. The voice recognition takes a little training but is great if you need to locate something while driving. I think the voice-recognition Garmin 880 is around $800 the last time I checked, besides it doesn't have a 8-inch screen. And the sound system is absolutely awesome. It will take at least $1,000 worth of aftermarket equipment to match its features.

I guess you could say that you don't "need" these features to operate your vehicle. Then again that's probably what they said when they introduced power steering, power windows and power door locks 30 years ago :-)
    Metalblaze,

The price wasn't OTD. The price was before TTL. It was from Westmont.

You're going to have a tough time looking for an 08 with Tech. There were only a total of 6 brand new ones in the Chicago area two weeks ago and we bought one of them.
    I strenuously disagree. Integrated NAV has been dreadfully less sophisticated than the new flashier Garmin and TomTom models. And what happens when you are traveling and rent a car? Oh no! my nav system is bolted into my car at home, whereas dishwash42 pops his slick garmin in his bag and uses it on the car rental.
    If you use rental cars and can only afford one GPS then I would agree you should get a portable one.

When I travel by air I am sure to bring my portable GPS with me but there is no way (unless I just could not afford it) I would use it as my primary NAV system.
  • vansmack33vansmack33 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased our new 2008 RDX w/Tech (silver/taupe) yesterday via internet sales at Acura of Pleasanton in the Bay Area. Here are the specifics:

Purchase price $30,550. We did not want or get any other accessories at this time.
    60 mo financing at Acura special of 2.9%

I declare this a sweet deal.
  • acmemanacmeman Member Posts: 1
    Yes this is a sweet deal. Excluding taxes and registration where there any other expenses you had to pay? Who was your sales man

Thanks
  • vansmack33vansmack33 Member Posts: 2
    As per the rules of the board, I can't give out the salesman's name, but I can tell you that I requested a quote from this dealership via acura.com Yes, that is excluding tax.

As for my two cents on the nav? It is well worth it on a number of levels. It is commonly accepted that Acura's nav is one of the best and I would concur. The nav in my other car (Mercedes R350) is a toy compared to the Acura. From a resale persepective, a tech package RDX or MDX will always be more desirable. Yes, you can take a portable with you, but then you have this ridiculous looking thing sitting on your dash and have to put it away every time you park or risk having it stolen, Yes, a portable is nice to have when you travel, but I can tell you that I have NEVER paid for one with a rental car. If you aren't getting one included for free in your rental, you are doing something wrong. There's much better use of luggage space than carrying a portable nav around an airport.

At the end of the day with the deals to be had right now, it doesn't make sense not to load your car up. In terms of luxury manufacturers (Acura, BMW, MB, Audi, etc) getting these type of options is just par for the course.