Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• depdep Member Posts: 79
    I have to really agree on the NAV package. It is night and day to have a Honda NAV unit built in vs. a portable NAV.

I do have a portable for air travel when I need to rent a car but that is it.
  • ben1233ben1233 Member Posts: 3
    Good information from everyone.... I have a line in on a 2008 RDX w/ tech *demo* in the chicagoland area. What type of discounts would you expect for a "demo" model, driven by the sales manager(s)? From reading on this thread, I see that there have been a few deals in the 30,XXX range. For a demo with 3K to 5K on the odo, I'm looking for them to knock off an additional 2K. Am I crazy? If so...good...it gives me a reference point. Also, the previously-offered Acura incentives have been extended on 2008 RDXs...per my dealers word...
    thanks!
  • elmorocotopoelmorocotopo Member Posts: 3
    i've been trying to search for a 2008 basic and no one seems to want to deal. Best i heard was 28.8K.

someguy offered me a demo for $30.8K. crazy.

anyone else had any luck?
    If you think the DEMO was driven by the sales manager you are mistaken. DEMOs are going to be test drive mules or loaners for the most part. It might be just fine but I would not want a test drive mule or loaner as my 'new' car due to the terrible conditions it would have been driven in for its first few K miles.

That said, Liberityville Acura wanted about 1K MORE for a 6k mile 08 Tech than I paid for a new 08 Tech (25 miles) at Muller Acura so shop around hard.
  • schananschanan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    After reading numerous blog and comparing RDX with X3. I decided to buy RDX with Tech package. I requested quote through EDMUND and I got 4 quote. After going back and forth with the dealers, I got $28245 for base from Fairfiled Acura, CA. So I bought My RDX with tech package, black midnight peral out the door for $34000. I don't know I got good deal or not but No body try to beat the price.
    :shades:
  • maxleavittmaxleavitt Member Posts: 10
    In upstate ny, 31,214 (plus tax and title). And also used the 2.9% financing for 60 months
  • umtalahumtalah Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if $28,687 for a brand new 2008 Silver with Ebony color RDX in Wichita, KS sounds like a good deal? This deal we got excludes taxes and fees.
  • phillyfinc74phillyfinc74 Member Posts: 7
    I am looking to purchase a 2008 RDX tech package (navy blue with beige interior) in the Philadelphia area. Willing to travel to NJ also if the price is right. I am being told it is very difficult to find any leftover 2008 tech packages now. If I must I will buy the 2009 with tech - I would be interested what folks in the Philly area are paying for this vehicle? The MSRP is $37,995.

Thanks in advance!
    I can only speak for Chicagoland but there are really no new 08 Techs left. It seems they sold out about a month a go or so. There are some demos and used 08s but that is a different discussion.

Again, in Chicagoland the 09 Techs can be purchased for INVOICE without any haggling at all. I would guess you could go a bit below that if you really pushed them.

I know that does not directly answer your question but it should at least give you some indication of the prices in a major metro area.

-D
    Thanks a lot for your info dep.... it is very much appreciated. Since my post I have started calling Philly metro area dealerships and ask to speak directly with the Internet sales manager. One just got back to me and quoted me $35,296 for the 09' tech package. .9% financing for 36 months.

My plan is to call about 8 more dealerships within a 60mile radius and see who offers me the best price. I have done this with my last two vehicles and got both under invoice.
  • justaguy7justaguy7 Member Posts: 1
    Acura of Ocean NJ has one 2008 RDX Tech in sliver left in stock. When I was dealing with them they would not go below $33,000 with the Acura .9 or 2.9 financing.

Davis Acura in Langhorne PA has three 2008 RDX's in stock two are non tech in black the other is polished metal and the web site doens't list if it is tech or non-tech. This is the dealership where I purchased my 2008 RDX Tech in late Aug for $31,600 with the .9 and 2.9 financing.

Happy hunting :)
    I am finding there are multiple Philly area dealerships looking to move Acura's this month and will sell the 09 tech at invoice - Davis Acura said to bring in best offer in writing and will beat by 200 - so I could get 200 under invoice but there is a dealership closer and will get the car at Invoice. Overall was easy experience took two days calling about 8 dealerships dealing with the Internet Managers which I have done in purchasing my last 2 cars - this method should usually get you invoice or below- but must be willing to target dealerships within 60 mile radius.
  • speedracer8speedracer8 Member Posts: 6
    Lot of good deals mentioned in here on 2008 RDXs; has anyone bought a 2009 and can share what kind of deals are out there?
    Philly area - paid $34,549 + tags and tax for 09 RDX with tech package. Going to get vehicle tonight.
  • speedracer8speedracer8 Member Posts: 6
    Any sense what you could have gotten on a 2008? I'm trying to figure out how much more the 09 should cost and if I want to pay for that.
    If you want 2008 with tech package very difficult to find in the Philly and surrounding areas. One dealership quoted me $33,550 for 2008 tech which was demo and 5000 miles on it and told me it had some dealer installed options with running boards and something else I cant remember right now- i laughed at him when he told me the price and told him I have knowledge of recent buyers getting 2008 leftovers with mileage on them for $30k-31k, and that i can get brand new for 34,749 or better - just check prior posts on here there were some people that listed what they were paying for 2008's as of the last few weeks. If you could deal with a base RDX I think you might be still able to find - but much more difficult with tech pack...

Best of Luck!
  • oldgromitoldgromit Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the info on this thread. I managed to grab a 2008 Silver w/ Tech from Bay Area for $31K (excluding TTL) w/ 30 miles on the odometer. The whole experience has been painless since I know what to expect, and I guess showing up on 8/31 last day of the month helped.

Thanks again for all the great info! :)
  • mazzman1mazzman1 Member Posts: 10
    Hi justaguy7,

Would you be able to give me the names of the dealership that would get you the RDX tech at invoice - $200, and also the name of the dealership that would get you the RDX Tech at invoice that is closer to you. I live in central NJ, but like you say, you need to be willing to travel for the deal.
  • mazzman1mazzman1 Member Posts: 10
    Hi phillyfinc74,

Would you be able to give me the names of the dealership that would get you the RDX tech at invoice - $200, and also the name of the dealership that would get you the RDX Tech at invoice that is closer to you. I live in central NJ, but like you say, you need to be willing to travel for the deal.

PS I accidentally addressed this to justaguy7. My bad

Also congrats on your purchase.
  • jamezckfjamezckf Member Posts: 1
    final out the door price included tax and all the etc fees they charge: $33300.

car is complete brand new, not demo or etc.

anyone think this is a good deal?
  • marylandcrabmarylandcrab Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a O8 RDX with tech package yesterday for $31,095 plus taxes and tags - out the door for about $33,100.got . 09 % financing for 36 months $30,460. Interest came to about $450 approximately for the entire 36 months. or $12.00 interest a month. Bought in the Washington DC area.
  • tsinoytsinoy Member Posts: 24
    which state did you purchase this vehicle? are there still any good deals with the RDX.. any idea what changes they have on the 09 model?
    Please search for the differences in the 09.

New 09s are going for a bit below invoice.
  • csfeir1csfeir1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,
    I just bought an 09 RDX -- I was wondering what prices people have paid for an extended warranty from Acura (acura Care)? I am thinking of the 7yrs/100,000 miles $0 deductible -- what would be a good price for the Acura Care?

Since most likely I will not be buying it from my local dealer --- any advice which online sites would sell Acura Care?

Thanks
    Look to spend a bit over $1,000 for the 7/100/0 and a bit under for a 6/100/0 as long as you are under 6k miles.

hondaacuraworld has a very good rep at hondapilot.org and they sell both honda and acura care polices.
  • skipdogskipdog Member Posts: 4
    So far I have read where people have bought an 08 RDX brand-new with the technology package for 31,000 back in August. I would like to buy the same thing with the technology package brand-new for 29,000 and can pay cash. I am outside the Boston area. If anyone knows of a dealer that wants to sell one in the Northeast and as far south is Washington DC please let me know. I am looking for a silver one with a black interior.
  • snap919snap919 Member Posts: 17
    CAN YOU TELL ME INVOICE ON RDX 09 BASE. THANKS!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    All invoice information is on Edmunds.com

Just click on the link at the top of the page.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• balancesheetbalancesheet Member Posts: 25
    i do not believe there is any 2008 left. i am looking to buy a 2009 with the tech package. I think invoice is probably the best you can find right now. any thoughts?
    Dealer invoice is pure BS. I offered 31000 for a new 08 with tech package. One dealer responded by saying that their cost is 31500. I am looking for a 08 w/tech package silver with black interior from New England to DC for 31k.
    There are no new 08 Techs left. If you are looking for a used 08 that is a totally different discussion RE price.

Dealer Invoice (really manf. invoice) is a critical element of pricing and is in no way BS. Dealers my BS you but again that is a different issue.
    Car sales are REALLY slow in the US. In a major metro area Invoice would be easy; I would push for $500 under if I was buying today.
  • rihoopsrihoops Member Posts: 91
    First Acura in Seekonk, Mass had a Black/Black Tech package a few weeks ago.
  • baltikbaltik Member Posts: 5
    would love to get one at the $31k but looks well below invoice - what's a realistic price (sf bay area)
  • Old_SchoolOld_School Member Posts: 4
    I hope we aren't competing for the same vehicle.
    I'm also looking for a 2008/2009 Black RDX.

Working to get it at somewhere around the same amount.
    I'm not pushing my budget for anything, after reading the paper everyday.
  • tommy_gunntommy_gunn Member Posts: 38
    2008's now have $3000 dealer cash off
    I just called and they are selling them for $27,770 here in So Cal

2009s are $31,723 (with destination)
  • 313313 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Tommy,

Are you talking about TECH package? If yes, which dealer you get this pricing? Are these out door pricing or still need to plus tax & fee? I am looking for either 2008 or 2009 RDX TECH white/black, blue/black, or Gray/black, and I am in North Cal, so it's OK to get the car from So Cal dealer.
  • 313313 Member Posts: 7
    I am at the same area and also would like to get 08/09 RDX TECH in white/black, blue/black or Gray/black, please let me know if you find the good deal in SF bay area. Thanks.
  • kikiskikis Member Posts: 3
    did you guys find a good deal?
    i got the quote from dealer and the out door price is $36,080.79. pls let me know if you got the lower one....
    updated: one sales offer $35,535.54.
  • SFBuyerSFBuyer Member Posts: 4
    Kikis - are you in the SF Bay Area (if not, what is your state tax)? What is the invoice on your offers? I'm ~32650 and think I can do better.
    Are they selling to 09's for 31,723 with the tech package
    yes. i am in SF Bay Area.
    the offer shows below:
    2009 RDX Technology Package - $32,500+Tax & Licensing fees (MSRP $37,755) (Invoice $35,016.42)

If you register this car in Bay Area, the total out the door price will be $35,535.54.

any better deal?
  • cgbuyercgbuyer Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a 2009 RDX base model. I quoted 5 deals, and the lowest price I got is $29,300 before TTL and destination charge. What do you guys think of this price? Is it a good deal? Thanks a lot.
    Sounds good. I have heard that people of been paying 31,000 for an 09 with the tech package. In the long run you may be better off with the tech package when you go to sell for trade-in.
    obviously 31,723 was base model, not tech package. I would have bought the car on the spot for that price for a 2009 tech package

I went in this weekend and face to face was quoted $34,000 for 2009 tech package, not a dime less. And that was down from MSRP 37k he started at....

From what I have read above, this is not a good deal apparently. I am still waiting to sell my current vehicle, so I see I can now wait and negotiate better based on the posts I am seeing ....
    where are people being quoted 31,000 for an 09 tech? that is about invoice for a base model, and tech is 3000+ additional. that would be a steal

please provide more info

I went into dealer 3 days ago and it took enormous haggling to get him down to 34,000 for a tech, which is 38-39 after CA taxes/fees/loan

but this is CA, where they still think money is flowing and cars are in demand
  • dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    tech package is a complete waste of money. my advice to you: get a tom tom or garmin for pennies on the dollar. don't waste your money on some lame built in navigation system that will be obsolete in 6 months and that you can't take with you on trips when you need to rent a car.
  • maxleavittmaxleavitt Member Posts: 10
    We got the tech package and it is nice to have the built-in screen. However, I will say that my garmin is a way way better gps system than the acura gps.
    dishwash, thanks for the input

honestly I don't drive much outside my city, so the navigation is not a big deal, I was born/raised here and don't really need it. Plus when I do travel, I plan ahead, and google maps are my best friend anyway

but the tech also comes with a much higher end stereo which I like. probably not worth the extra $3000, but in combo with the nav, maybe worth it

I will prob go for the non-tech unless they throw me the tech for less than half the $3000 additional tag price