Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• t_bone1t_bone1 Member Posts: 3
    CHICAGO - purchased a new 2009 RDX Tech (Grigio/Taupe) w/ 19" alloy wheels and kept the stock 18in wheels at no cost. Purchased in Chicago for $34500 - 8500 trade in (Jeep Wrangler) so 26K ... good? :)

Thx
  • sforzsforz Member Posts: 3
    well i have a dealer that will sell me a 2009 RDX with tech for $32,500 + tax and plates
  • t_bone1t_bone1 Member Posts: 3
    yeah that's about right, so I got the 19" wheels for $2k and kept the stock 18" wheels for the winter, they had the 19" wheels listed at approx $3750 on the sticker
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Can anyone explain why there are a bunch of new 08 rdx's along side the 09's. They must want msrp for all or no one wants them.
  • fred_1975fred_1975 Member Posts: 9
    I am planning to lease a 2009 RDX but I am still not sure if I should get the Tech pachage or not? The extra price (between $2k to $3k) I believe is pricey for what it offers. Considering that the GPS will be the main think I will use and I can buy it for approx. $200, I am thinking twice.
    Any suggestion is appreciated.
    How much should I pay for a new leftover 08 rdx base? If an 09 is 30k what should the discount be for the 08?
    where did you find the '08 version? I have an offer for the '09 for $27k (incl. destination)
    Sorry, I meant to say $29.7k
  • depdep Member Posts: 79
    New '09 base RDXes are going for ~28k-29k and I would deduct at least 2k for deprecation on an '08. If it is not totally new (anything over 200 miles) I would deduct more for that as well. Keep in mind that an '08 is already 3 model years old as MY10 is the current model year for many vehicles.

The issue is that the dealer might not be able to sell it at this price in which case I would go with the '09 at the 28k price point and let another sucker take the '08.
    The TOTAL cost for scheduled mntn on the RDX for the first 50,000 miles would be something in the order of:

Oil changes: 7 x $60 = $420
    AWD service: 2 x $100 = $200
    Tire rotation: 3 x $20 = $60
    Intake air filter and cabin air filter: 1 each = $50

TOTAL: $730

Just put your money in the bank and you will come out ahead.
    Thanks dep, the major pricing sites are saying that the 09 rdx base should cost 30.5k. Talked to a dealer and said I wanted it for less than 30 and he emailed me $29565 .Will be looking end of next month. 28k plus tax & license will be my goal. May offer a bit lower and see what happens. Any thoughts?
  • bgillette79bgillette79 Member Posts: 17
    At what price would you buy a 2009 tech instead of waiting it out for a 2010 tech?

Right now they are at 33700 for a new 09 tech.

That isn't bad, but I don't think it is great.

If I could get them to $32000 on their car do you think that would be WAY BETTER than I could get a 2010 for?

Would you do it or wait, or even try to get them into the $31000 area. Remember I want a TECH model!
    You should be able to buy an 09 rdx tech for $32800.
    But the question is WOULD YOU buy it for $32800 right now with the news of the 2010s arriving in Mid/Late July?

Wouldn't I be able to get a NEW TECH 2010 for around $33-33500k new?
    If the difference is only 1500-2000 for the 2010, I would not buy the 09. Easy answer. Can you get a firm quote on an 2010? If there are only a few being built the dealers may hold the line on discounts. Who knows -- once there in we will all know. The 09 is a decent buy for 31k paying much more is hard to justify. Also depends if you are going to keep it for 6-7 years or more. Than a few grand is more tempting because at that point the residual value will depend on condition and miles -- not the year. Check prices on used 08's and see if that clears anything up.
    The best internet price so far is $29500 and 2.9-3.9% financing. No hassle - no run around-no extras, just tax/license. First service included , nice place. Is there another $500-$1000 there in the deal? Not getting a sense there is here or anywhere.
  • teledatageekteledatageek Member Posts: 23
    I would say no chance of that small of a difference. I think the pricing you're tossing around is invoice less an Acura incentive. I highly doubt there will be an Acura incentive for 2010's for a while. I'm thinking more like a $4K to $5K difference.

Seems hard to judge if the 2010's will be worth it until we really know what the improvements are...
    Ok.....NEW 09 Tech for 32500 plus Tax, title, fees.

Is this good enough of a deal to take it over waiting for the 2010?

This is WITH the $2500 incentive and WITH 3.9% financing for 60 months!
    (neither of which will be avalible when the 2010's come out).

I've also heard that the Navigation will NOT be the Hard Drive version in the 2010 RDX base or tech.

DEAL...or NO DEAL.....

(and why)
  • tommy_gunntommy_gunn Member Posts: 38
    first off the all caps is for loud people, we get your points

second, I would take the deal, that is a solid price. Maybe a few hundreds bucks lower is possible, but worth the hassle? Your call and time.

a. they are not making many of the 09's anymore, Acura has slowed production to snails pace. snooze you lose on what is left probably
    b. the early intel published on the '10 is not earth shattering, and personally, I hate the new big silver/chrome grill thing they are putting on all the cars. The '10 will have it, the '09 does not.

I am going to try and snare an 09 before the '10 is released, and before they dry up
  • ebcarbuyerebcarbuyer Member Posts: 17
    You can do better. I'd aim for the low $31k range. I put a deal together for $31.4k plus TTL, including the first service and detail job.
  • outbackg1outbackg1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    Wanted to ask you guys for your expert opinions.
    A local dealer has a new left over 2008 Base RDX and they are offering $28319 + Taxes and Tags. I know that you can get a 2009 Base RDX for like $1000 more, but wanted to know how much more can I get them to come down on the price.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    G.
    I don't think you can get them down that much more but for $1000 DON'T buy the 08. It is already 3 years old; MY08, MY09, MY10.

Buy the 09 or wait for the 10 and get the 09 for rock bottom.
    Thanks dep,
    That was my sign, I'll hold out and wait as you suggested.
    G.
    Here were my reasons for not waiting for the 2010.

The 09's have a $2500 cash incentive for us to bargin with.

The 09's have 3.9% for 60months avalible.

The 09's will NOT have that beak on the front end....granted in the pictures the 2010 front end doesn't look bad, but looking at the TSX, TL and RL beak I am not sure if we are going to like all of that plastic out front.

Right now we have heard USB and Auto Headlights as the main interior upgrades, and the new front and rear end update which to me doesn't warrant paying $4000+ EXTRA for the 2010 over a 2009.

I think you should get a 09 for as low as you can get them....somewhere in the 32000-33000 ballpark for a new 09 tech sold me and should sell you too!
    Thanks for the response,
    Actually the salesperson told me that the 08's have a $3500 incentive and also qualifies for the 3.9% for 60 months.
    I am assuming that the 08s and 09s are basically the same car since I was hoping that they would really discount their last remaining 08.
    As you guys mentioned, I'll wait for the 2010s and get a better deal on the 09s, and if the 08 still there, hopefully the depreciation will be reflected in their offering price.
    G.
    I would never buy an 08 with only 3500 incentive. Depreciation alone makes an 08 worth $3000 less than an 09 right from the start. And in turn the 08 would be worth nearly $5000-6000 less than a 2010! At least the $2500 on the 09 counteracts the depreciation cost for it. On the 08...Just isn't worth it.

The 09's are flying out the door here in Cleveland and if I waited any longer there wouldn't have been any left (at least in the color) i wanted

You might want to go see how good you can do on an 09 now...if you don't like their terms just try again in a week or so and see if they come down after you walk away.

If they won't give you what you want then just wait for the 2010's and see what you can do then.
  • corduroy_gtcorduroy_gt Member Posts: 3
    Got mine without haggling for 31.9 + $100 processing fee. I'm sure I could bargain another 300 bucks off, but I feel uncomfortable with negotiating. It was very easy for me and didn't have to haggle at all.
  • nakitdnanakitdna Member Posts: 5
    hi firebird, which dealer was this? tnx.
  • andovertowerandovertower Member Posts: 1
    With Acura stopping production of all models almost 4 months ago, the concept of getting models at prices from 2 months back or longer is not going to work. And the cost change for new MY units, less any incentives that are in place now, make now the best time to buy. :surprise:
  • mikey_czomikey_czo Member Posts: 2
    I was blown away to find that the dealer would not budge a penny on it!! This is a perfect car for my wife much better than the 05--06 mdx i was looking at. its like the guys didnt want to sell it to me?? Which is crazy because every other dealer was begging me to buy(gma, nissan, vw, audi)
  • tennis32801tennis32801 Member Posts: 6
    The dealership here in orlando is offering me RDX Tech for $31,500 + ttl. And I hardly negogiated with them. They are giving me $10,000 for my 03 BMW Z4 (97,000 miles and AC not working). I think its a great deal....but I just cant get over the fact regarding the IPOD connection. Do you control the tracks through your IPOD or can you control it using the car's buttons?

I know the 2010 is supposed to address this issue, so I dont know if I should wait or not. What would you do? I also thought the leather was plastickly too.
    09 RDX tech for 31.5k is a fantastic deal, especially right off the bat. My first offer this week from my local dealer was $2000 more than that, and they have none on the lot, that is for one of the 2 or 3 expected soon. With the low production, they are going quickly around here (west coast). Hard to negotiate because of it.

If you are seriously waffling on the car over an iPod connector, you're nuts. You will pay several thousand more for the 2010 just for that? Plus it will have the uglier front grill.

At the price you got, give it one try to negotiate lower, and then buy. Maybe ask for the first 1 or 2 oil changes free.
    Thanks for your input. I know that IPOD sounds like a small thing, but in opinion, having it integrated with the manufacturer's unit is so much cleaner looking. And plus, from the sketch, I do like the new grill. Plus, there are all the other unknown changes that we dont know.

Please Acura, release some production pics and changes soon!
    well, if you find $4000+ in value from those small features, be my guest. I don't. Will be no rebates or favorable pricing when the '10 releases.

I will get a $50 cable for the iPod, but even then I use XM Radio so it doesn't mean a lot to me.

The new grill Acura is implementing is terrible, not sure what photos you looked at. Other small features are trivial from what I've read.

I requested a rock bottom quote from my internet manager today, and he responded with $32.5k. Your quote offer is still amazing, I would go for it. I hope to haggle my guy below $32k in person.

Acura will wait till the last minute to release details, as they don't want to hamper current sales.
    Read this 2 page thread as well, you may change your mind

http://rdx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721171
    Thanks for your insight. I have read every thread on the internet, lol...but that one pic of the new grill kinda kill it for me. The plenum look way too small compared to the sketch. Since they offered me 31.5K, I am gonna low ball one last time to say 30.5K and see.
  • jw766jw766 Member Posts: 6
    What do you guys think of a Certified 2007 Tech Package with 27,000 miles for $26,000? Just curious as this is a 3MY old car in a month or so.
  • teledatageekteledatageek Member Posts: 23
    Seems high - I bought a 2008 Tech w/17K miles for the amount in March. Not certified but has the balance of the factory warranty.
    well, the certification gives it the 100k warranty right? that is what they are banking on

otherwise, that price is way too high for a 3MY old vehicle. you would be much better off haggling down a brand new 2009 to 31-32k if you can

if you have cash, I would offer 23k to drive it off the lot immediately, otherwise, consider a brand new vehicle instead
  • jw766jw766 Member Posts: 6
    That's an interesting approach. I was always under the impression that dealers were more willing to sell a car for a lower price if you were financing the purchase - therefore making up the lost revenue with potential interest payments.

So you're basically saying they'd be more inclined to sell at a lower price if it's a cash transaction?
    I've always been under the impression that "cash is king" in this world, especially right now in this economy. I don't believe that the individual dealers make much, if anything at all, off the finance rate charges. Most of that goes to American Honda Finance. I mean, if you are financing at 2.9 or 3.9 no one is really making much, period!

If you said I have a check for 23k in my hand, I will sign the papers and be off your lot in 20 minutes, I would have to imagine that is as serious as it gets as a buyer. Say that, and if he balks, you get in your car and drive home. Wait for him to call back. Dealers don't want used cars on the lot.

And frankly, at 26k or 27k or whatever they want for it, you are far better off paying 5k more for a brand new zero mile 2009 RDX anyway. I wouldn't even consider the 07 unless it was just screaming deal you couldn't refuse, which their current offer is not.

GL
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    If you have good credit, the dealer will almost always favor financing over cash. Most dealerships make more in the financing office than they do on the actual sale of the new vehicle. I've bought several cars where financing through the dealership was required to get the agreed upon price. Of course, I refinanced with my credit union at a much lower rate on the day I got the payment book.
  • drob012drob012 Member Posts: 2
    What have people been paying for 2009 RDX w/ tech. I have been to many dealerships and I cant find anyone willing to part with one for $32,000. The best deal I found was a 2009 RDX w/ tech and the 19" wheels for $33,900. And that was after a lot of negotiating. I would like a tech for 32k and could care less about the rims.
    where are you located?

I am in SoCal and emailed a bunch of dealerships through edmunds and got replies from all

Best I got was $31688 with dest charge
    also
    $31709 with dest charge
    $32805 with destination charge
    and of course several way over 33 and 34k that won't budge, no matter what I say, morons holding to those prices in this economy

I am negotiating with two of them, trying to get the place closer to my house to match

One place did the same as yours, had 19" wheels, moldings, sidesteps, all that crap - i told her i wasnt interested unless they took all that junk off, and she said she would except for the moldings, which were there for good.

Your best bet is to get prices through the edmunds email thing, and take the lowest price to the dealer you want to buy from, and tell them to match, or you are driving straight to the dealership you got the lowest price from and buying that day. That is what I plan on doing.
  • ebcarbuyerebcarbuyer Member Posts: 17
    Where you located? I'm in No. CA and I had at least two dealerships in the $31k-$32k range when I purchased in March.
    I bought one yesterday at a dealer in Orlando, new 09 Black RDX tech for $31,500 + ttl, with good trade in value. I love it! Acura better not screw me with major updates for 2010, lol.
  • daveydogdaveydog Member Posts: 4
    The lowest I can find on a RDX w/Tech seems to be 31,990. This price is without any options like Roof Rack or Side Running Boards. It seems like i'm having trouble getting the dealer to throw in these options. Am I being unreasonable?

Tennis32801 - is your price of 31,500 w/o any options (i.e. roof rack, running boards, etc.)?
    My purchase does not include any options. I think your asking price with minor options is reasonable. I think roof racks and running boards are pricey. Also, they gave me a good trade in value too.
  • daveydogdaveydog Member Posts: 4
    How about destination? Did your price of 31,500 include destination?

I was this close to buying that RDX today but the sales manager was a total prick and he wanted me to pay destination after they told me they can work something out over the phone. He then proceeded to tell me that they can throw in a roof rack if i pay the MSRP price (which was 5k above the offer). Total waste of my time =(
  • brianplowmanbrianplowman Member Posts: 10
    So... at 31,990, the dealer is keeping $35 of the actual dealer hold back. Keeping $558 in advertising money. They then have to pay the sales person, technicians for the inspection (PDI), the detailer to detail your RDX. This price seems very reasonable. When you start adding accessories that cost money, plus the labor costs, you can see why the dealership isn't motivated to do it. It is just simple business sence. The dealer makes a small overall profit, you get a great price and a great vehicle. I leased my 2007 RDX and paid about $34,000 for it late 2007. I got a similar deal. There wasn't any factory incentive money. This is the price I paid as an employee of an Acura Dealership. If your goal is to get a great deal and keep the dealership afloat, your heading in the right direction!