Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ucbsupaflyucbsupafly Member Posts: 9
    Greetings,

Just about to sign the deal on a 2010 Acura RDX Base 2wd but I am confused about the true invoice price. Usually I go by kbb.com for information, however, it doesn't have the invoice available right now. On Edmunds, the invoice (including $810 dest) is $31113. However, other sites I found have the invoice at $30713. The difference is exactly $400. Was there a price increase that I don't know about? Or could this be a regional advertising fee charge? If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Acura recently raised invoice prices on a number of models.. They weren't always accompanied by a corresponding increase in MSRP, though...

I believe the increase has been since the first of the year... If the unit in question is older than that, it would have been invoiced at the lower amount.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jackykwjackykw Member Posts: 11
    Hi, I am new to this forum. Today I went to a Aruca dealer in South Bay Area in California and got a offer from the sales rep of 2010 RDX FDW w/ Tech for the price of $36718+TTL. I was a little confused since I knew the MSRP+des. charge is only $36430. Then I found out that the sale rep put on $288 for security system????? Can someone here knows more about RDX tells me that the car doesn't come with security system and the dealer need to charge $288 extra is the right thing to do?

Also, just want to find out anyone of you get an offer from the rep for MSRP+TTL for RDX? I just want to find out is this normal pratice for Acura dealers around the Bay. Thank you for all of your help.
  • nlrlnlrl Member Posts: 5
    In Santa Rosa , CA. I was quoted for a 2010 RDX AWD with Technology package $35,599
    For body side molding I was quoted an additional $312
    And they ask also for Document prep fee $55
    License/title $508
    Tire/battery fee $8.75
    Do these numbers make any sense? Any rip-off?
    Please help as I need to decide if I should go forward.
    Thank you
    Was your quote OTD Price or it need to be + TTL?

It seems to me the charges are normal for lease, but I might be wrong...
    I need to add the sale tax This is not a lease. It is a purchase.
    Thank you
    Personally I think it is a little too high since after all the extra charge, the price is over invoice already. With the market now, I don't think paying over invoice price is a good deal. You can offer them a OTD price and no extra to see will they accept it.
  • zahn1zahn1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I just got a 2010 RDX SH-AWD, no tech package, for 33.7K OTD + free windows tint, wheel locks, splash guards, all weather floor mat (in northern VA). Do you guys think it was a fair price? Would you go for extended warranty? Thanks !!!
    The invoice as indicated in Cars.com is $35790. They are asking 35,599.
  • amrazaamraza Member Posts: 5
    Anybody ever bought from Weir Canyon Acura in Anaheim, CA. I got a really good qoute $31K for a 2010 Base AWD RDX. I will be driving to Anaheim from fremont to pick this up on Sunday. ANy thoughts/comments on the price?
    Thats a great price. The best quote i got here in California was 34565 OTD. But taxes are higher here (~9.75%).

Congrats!
    I picked up my RDX yesterday. Had to drive 6 hrs to get back though. But, got a great price on it. As i said earlier 34565 OTD.
    :)
  • sdubonsdubon Member Posts: 1
    we just purchased a certified rdx- bought the extra certification for bump/bumper 62,000 miles and 100,000 powertrain.

we were offered the extended bump/bump to 100,000 which would cover the turbo for 1400.00- would this be a good option? we were worried about issues with the turbo engine and it not being covered after 62,000.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    You would have to research the longevity of the turbos and how much to replace it.

Do you have copies of each service that was done on the car? W/ a turbo, oil changes at the appropriate intervals are essential. Also essential that the oil used is the proper grade. '10 RDX uses synthetic - find out what they are supposed to put in your '07 and if in fact that is what was used.
  • dannjdannj Member Posts: 7
    I have been offered in writing a 2010 RDX SH/AWD with Tech Pkg to purchase for firm price of $35,350.

To be added are sales taxes, MV fee of approximately $250 and thats it.

Also got a auto loan for 3.25% 3 years.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  • ambercrombeambercrombe Member Posts: 4
    What did this OTD $34,565 include? Tax+Accessories+License+Title+docfee+ did you have any trade? Thanks.
    It was all inclusive, i.e. tax+license+title+doc fee. I did not have a trade-in.

-Raza
    I have been offered 2010 RDX SH/AWD (no Tech Pkg) to purchase from a dealer for $33,752 OTD (all inclusive)
    It includes:
    Accessories: Running Board, All weather mats & Splash Guards
    Sales tax @6.25% =
    Doc Fee - $399
    Reg+License - $100
    With Trade - $2200

Is this a good deal? Comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Did you have a trade-in? If so, how much was it worth?
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Sounds like a good price...where?....and what dealer?...I will be on the market by September and I am trying to gaige what to expect...enjoy in the best of health..oph...what color?..
  • jkinfojkinfo Member Posts: 1
    I have just got a quote for $32,800 OTD (includes Taxes, Trasnfer of Tag and other fees). I have an 11,000 Trade in so it will be 21,800 after Trade-in. It is a base model RWD and without any package. Is that a good price ? Need to buy it quick so early responses will be appreciated.
  • z5470z5470 Member Posts: 28
    For 34565 total, what was the price you paid before taxes and doc fees etc/
    I take it the msrp was 35330?
    I paid $31000 before tax, reg and other fees. The base price was $31k and otd was $34565. yes MSRP was 35650
  • aqanaqan Member Posts: 5
    I'm being offered $35,800 for AWD + Tech. Still have to sit down with the sales man and negotiate.. just wondering what would be a good starting point and the max I should pay.. 35,300???
    I'll appreciate any input?
  • aaron59aaron59 Member Posts: 1
    I am in Northern Virginia, looking for 2010 Acura RDX AWD without Tech package. Would you please post the dealership where you purchased?
  • h22a4h22a4 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    i live in CA. stockton 9% sale tax. i paid 35400OTD. pearl white AWD SH with tech package. elk grove acrua.
    i made a mistake 35400 plus tax. 39090 OTD.
    how much you spent? for the tech AWD?
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Has anyone received an offer for a base RDX? There's a new program but I was hoping someone has negotiated a better deal...

Bo
  • yvtyvt Member Posts: 8
    Hi, came across your message on edmuds.com and wondered if you have purchased your rdx. Any good result? I am also looking for 2010 rdx in southern CA. any input would be greatly appreciative. Thanks.
    i love it. excellent car fun to drive. make sure you got the AWD SH. i got the tech package for 35400$ plus tax and dmv fee.
  • panbgpanbg Member Posts: 1
    I got $33,300 drive out.
  • acehawkacehawk Member Posts: 22
    Looking for a RDX SH-AWD non-tech...what are you guys paying these day?
  • phreaticusphreaticus Member Posts: 1
    This forum helped me research a RDX purchase for my wife, so figured jot down my buying experience.

After 2 weeks of soliciting bids from local dealerships & fairly intense bargaining, I got a new 2010 RDX SH-AWD (non-tech) for $33,500. This price includes a "protection pack", comprised of rubber floormats, mud flaps, and rear cargo tray. All local dealers seem to put some sort of package like this on the car and overcharge for it; anywhere from $400-600. I declined & refused to pay anything for it, and they finally gave up on it.

I'm in Kirkland, WA. I negotiated rock bottom price for a week with 3 local dealers over email/phone, then at last moment threw in my wife's 13 year old POS as a trade-in, which they gave me $900, which was reasonable. Ended up having a horrible experience at Bellevue Acura, due to a very lazy/unprofessional salesjerk. So I walked out, drove 25mi out of my way to Seattle Acura, where I got very professional/efficient service and got it $1000 cheaper.

They charged me $256 doc & $150 license fees, and local tax is 9.8%.

$36,200 out the door, including 900 trade-in, fees, and tax.

Acura has .09% 36mo financing till July, which is basically a free loan. I doubt 2011 models will be drastically different than 2010's, and with cheap financing, now is a good time to get a good price.

By the way, Costco price would have been about $1000 more than I paid, so I definitely recommend taking your time to shop around & negotiate hard.

Hope it helps, good luck.

~P
  • z5470z5470 Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2010
    Here is my deal? Any good?
    35330 msrp
    selling the car for 33247 + dealer handling or 369 and lease aca. fee
    2K down total due at signing which includes first payment
    36 mos 12 k 56% resid 411 + tax
    36 mos 10k 57% resid 401 + tax

money factor .00096

Good Deal? what is the dealer handling fee? can they get rid of that?
  • phineasboggsphineasboggs Member Posts: 5
    CPO 2007 high mileage, added an $800 documentary fee and wouldn't negotiate. I walked. They haven't come back to me with a negotiation. I'm more likely to buy a lower mileage car and spend more $$ so long as I feel dealer is being decent.

Was I right?
  • omni1234omni1234 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an RDX FWD with Tech for $32,200 before TTL. I thought it was a worth while upgrade to the non-tech which was priced at $29,500, so I pulled the trigger. This was at Norm Reeves Acura in Mission Viejo CA and I believe the salesman was Dwayne. If you want to check out the price, make sure you ask them for the internet/fleet price, not the overpriced ticket. Overall, the price was $900 below invoice, so I figured I got a good deal.

BTW, the color was Grigio/Black.

I tried bargaining for free all weather mats but the best they did was sell it at their cost, which was still overpriced - $150.

I believe if dealer is selling at internet prices, there is VERY LITTLE room to negotiate.
  • inosulivanoinosulivano Member Posts: 1
    Got Base for 30463, plus tax and DMV period, internet price. Great Car I think for the price.
  • rajnyrajny Member Posts: 2
    Do u remember the other charges u need to pay like doc fee, title fees besides the sales tax?

Also could u share the dealer's name where u bought from?

Thx.
  • duncan01duncan01 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to purchase the RDX in the Northern Virginia area. Has anyone purchased one and if so, what price did you pay. I have gotten quotes for about $35,000+.
  • wethertonwetherton Member Posts: 6
    Just paid 34K for awd no tech for lease. But, traded in 08 tsx that was 20K over in miles and still had to pay last payment, total due was a little over 3K at end of lease. That being said, I am happy with payment at $495, nothing down just $50 regis fee at time of pickup. The car is fantastic.
  • nemo10nemo10 Member Posts: 4
    I got an offer at $33000+tax+title etc. Is this a good price? I see that this price is much lower than what I saw in the forum. Did the dealers just get some incentives?
  • elli1elli1 Member Posts: 1
    just found one for $32,647
  • nemo10nemo10 Member Posts: 4
    Before tax or after tax?
  • brentwood5brentwood5 Member Posts: 14
    nemo10, is this $33K offer in California? That is a great price for a 2010 RDX with SH-AWD + TECH PKG. Aprox. $2,790 below invoice. Please provide more info. I'm in the market for a FWD w/ TECH and have been offered invoice ($33,956). With your offer I can save $1K and have AWD. Thanks...
  • rwarriorrwarrior Member Posts: 1
    Bought a non CPO RDX with 30000 mi at a local Los Angeles Subaru dealership for 23350 OTD. Vehicle is in good condition. I'm a happy camper. Now I'm debating whether to purchase an extended warranty from Acura. Thanks to Edmunds for helping me with my research. For those that are looking for used RDX, my advice is to take a look at the Edmund's TMV to see how much of a discount dealers are actually advertising.
  • nirvnirv Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    This forum has been extremely useful in researching the of RDX. I live in the Bay area and I am planning to buy a RDX FWD W/Tech package ...need the navigathion. Has any one bought this combo recently? Can you please share your price paid (without tax and registration)..?
    Thanks
  • gobigogobigo Member Posts: 1
    I bot that combo from Niello Acura in Sacto in Nov. 09. paid $200 over invoice. but got them to throw in the protech package (basically, mud flaps, wheel locks and cargo tray), so it was pretty much a wash. they are probably cheaper now, but overall the experience was tolerable. getting an out the door quote took a few hours. you know got get "manager" approval, etc. anyway, we like the car, but the ride is stiff, so spend some time driving to make sure it isn't too stiff. only problems to date are the tire pressure system freaks out every 3,000 miles or so. it loses signal, but turning the car off then back on seems to correct it. also passenger seat rattles when no one is in it. also the cargo cover rattles against the tailgate.
  • aqanaqan Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    AWD + Tech = 35,800. Is that a good price? I got this from TrueCar.com, from what I hear that would be the best price without hagelling.. thoughts?
    This is in CT
  • roncoronco Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2008 RDX Tech with 35000 miles on lease that I'm getting ready to trade in. I know that I should actually have some trade value. I'm in the DC area and am interested in what I might realistically get for it and where I might get the best value for it. I have received a range of generic prices subject to inspection, but would rather not go through the hassle of having it priced any more than necessary.