Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Lexus JX350/460 (Lexus HPX Concept)

drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
edited March 2014 in Lexus
It has finally come to pass!

The well-received Lexus HPX Concept from the 2004 Auto Show circuit will infact become the 2008 Lexus JX350/460.

The LX470 is to continue to be based off of the Land Cruiser, and that will reach our shores about a year later.

RX350 needed a big brother, and this vehicle will fight Infiniti FX, Caddy SRX, and BMW X5 for larger crossover sales.

The X5 and FX are considerably smaller.

The SRX is similar in size.

Having seeen this vehicle in person at the 2004 NYIAS, I was quite impressed with it's size and dramatic styling. Apparently, I wasn't the only one.

Expect the LED head and taillights, and oversized wheels to be toned down (slightly).

DrFill

Comments

• sma3sma3 Member Posts: 28
    By AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

AutoWeek | Published 08/15/06 (not sure why they said RX330 instead of 350)
    "JX 470: The big brother to the RX 330 crossover comes off the new GS sedan platform in mid-2007. For styling hints and dimensions, look to the Lexus LF-X (nee HPX) concept car, which had a 116-inch wheelbase, 194-inch overall length and room for three rows of seats. Power would come from a 4.3-liter V-8, although a 3.5-liter V-6 also might be offered. Competitors include the Infiniti FX35 and FX45."

also
    "LX 470: A proposed large, Sequoia-based SUV has been killed from the product plan. That means the LX 470 lives on in its current form when the Toyota Land Cruiser gets redesigned. "
  • objectiveviewobjectiveview Member Posts: 72
    Acording to edmunds the new RX for 08-09 may also get a V8. I personally think autoweek was having some slow news days and speculated all these reports, pulling info out of their [non-permissible content removed] and citing sources ... If anything the next RX design may be based of the concept. my $0.02
  • jd14jd14 Member Posts: 128
    If the RX does recieve a 4.6 liter V8 making 380 horsepower and 370 torque, as well as a longer wheelbase with room for three rows, how much of a jump in price would we be looking at?
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    I don't see the RX picking fights with every premium SUV under the sun, and having a six, eight, hybrid, and LWB. Talk about Gilding the Lilly!

The JX will fight the battles around $50k, and will already have a "LWB"!

The RX illustrations look promising, doh.

DrFill
  • luvmy4runnerluvmy4runner Member Posts: 59
    is there a website to see pics of this new concept suv?
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    Go to lexus.com. Click on "about Lexus" and "concept vehicles".
  • luvmy4runnerluvmy4runner Member Posts: 59
    It certainly is interesting looking. What about the plans of LExus to build a Sequoia-type vehicle. Or did they scrap those plans?
  • sma3sma3 Member Posts: 28
    Any news on the JX model?
  • sidgriggssidgriggs Member Posts: 122
    Article on AutoWeek.com says HPX concept could debut in spring of 2008--let's hope so.
This discussion has been closed.