Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Reduced Engine Power message

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    suez317,
    Glad that you made it home okay! If we can check into anything for you, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN with a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • jhallesqjhallesq Member Posts: 1
    I'm a trial lawyer from California and own a 2007 Denali that had the same engine shutdown problem on a busy street the other day. Paid to replace the batter - 2nd time in 18 months - and the problem reoccurred. Now, I have been asked to replace the throttle body and computer. The mechanic cannot replicate the check engine problem because it is intermittent. It sounds like even the throttle body replacement may not fix the issue.

After reading most of this thread while waiting in an airport, I am seriously considering filing a class action or at minimum a personal lawsuit. This issue has "defect" written all over it and we have 545 messages addressing this topic alone. That isn't including the multitude of other threads on other sites.

I'm simply not going to dump $1100 into a "solution" to this problem where it has been proven ineffective. What am I missing here? Why hasn't a recall been issued? Why does the engine simply shut down at 50mph?!
  • piznopepiznope Member Posts: 3
    I have posted on here before and far as my denali 2005 throttle body was replaced but the truck still has issues i bought this truck used didn't make it to the 90 day warranty been dealing with the problem for about 7 months finally got a lawyer and the dealer is going to make me a offer not sure how much it will be but i need out of this peace of junk.
  • nowwhat2nowwhat2 Member Posts: 9
    I thought I would let you know that I went through all the same problems. I even told the GM rep that I was talking to that I was ready to get a lawyer and he got really mean with me, and told me if I was going to go that way he couldn't talk to me any more. I only mentioned that because I almost wrecked mine when it quit running in the middle of a turn to get it off the road when it went into reduce power mode. I almost hit another car at the corner because I could not hardly turn it or stop it without the power steering or brakes. If my wife had been driving it I'm sure there would have been damage due to the fact she would not of had the strength to steer it.
    In the end I got my "03 Denali fixed, the dealer had to BUILD a whole new wire harness from the gas pedal to the throttle body. Its a throttle by wire system and they have bad made in Mexico wiring. You can not order this harness from GM they have to build it. A wire should never go bad unless it rubs through the insulation over time and shorts out. And when there is an interruption in the circuit it defaults and goes to limp mode and will only give you 15-20 mph.
    I explained to GM thats like having to change out the wiring every time you have to replace you head light bulb. You should never have to deal with the wiring, unless it physically gets caught on something and breaks, chafes through, or corrosion from moisture i.e. car was in a flood. GM has a real big problem! and to my understanding the new model truck are not covered by warranty on the whole throttle body? If you would like to know more feel free to contact me. I just gave a short and to the point run down on the story.
  • deanrichardsondeanrichardson Member Posts: 5
    Continuing to have same issue with the reduced engine power light and the vehicle going to 'idle' mode. This is my primary transportation so I try to deal with it. I replaced the fuel filter to no avail. One mechanic suggested the TPS, throttle position sensor. I went to a dealer yesterday to look at new vehicles and told the salesperson about my issue and he said he never heard of it. Really?
    Summary-It seems to go into 'reduced engine power' mode when it sits overnight at 45 degrees or colder. Once it warms up it clears the check engine light and runs. I also have cleaned the air filter(K and N) and sprayed carburetor cleaner throughout the intake. This seems to help somewhat but not solve the problem. Any help would be greatly apprectiated
  • nowwhat2nowwhat2 Member Posts: 9
    When my '03 Denali first had the problem it was a nice 60 degree day. Like everyone else turn it off for a few min. and it would be fine. I have a mechanic friend whom used to work for a local GM dealer. He told me to go to Auto Zone where they'll do a free scan, and if it's code 220 or something like that it might be a connector at the throttle body. We tried that fix first and for a few weeks it seemed to be ok. Then on a cold night REP happened again. It just kept getting more frequent and worse to where it would quite running, and outside temp. didn't matter. I called GM and they insisted that I get a scam form a dealer, which I told them was pointless. A computer scan will read the say no matter where you go, all they want is your money. My friend told me that GM has a problem with the wires breaking inside the insulation for the throttle body, and since the connector didn't fix it we would have to look at building a whole new wire harness. After many run around with the as always never helpful GM customer service staff, and to what I'm sure they must have trashed talked about me to my dealer. And at which point my dealer was not happy with the way GM handled the situation my dealer did just that. They built me a new wire harness! I did also get a new throttle body. But I am 110% convinced it was the BAD WIRES all the way!!! Knock on wood it's been great ever since!
    I also argued with GM about all the post on this site. Shortly after that I notice GM service agents posting their scripted noncomittal reply to everyone on here, as long as they were using a GM service department. Gm does not care or show interest in those who have brand loyalty. For some reason I bought a new 2011 Avalanche last year. It was a nightmare to get it. I requested it be put on a trailer to get it to me because they had to do a dealer trade. After three weeks of waiting, I ended up going to get it myself and drive it back to my home town 4 hrs. one way. I only wanted it trucked or drive it myself, I didn't want anybody else to drive my knew truck first. Thats how I felt it should be, if it was going to have miles on it I wanted to know how it was driven. After three weeks, getting a one way rental that we paid for and putting $85 of my money into it for gas to get it here. The dealer didn't offer any reimbursement, and GM would only give me a $100 towards maintenance. Then I found out the d--- thing was final assmbled in Mexico. GM is out of touch with the customer, they don't even seem to care when buying new.
    Best of luck I hope this helps?
  • whtlkewhtlke Member Posts: 1
    2011 Yukon Denali. While driving today I got a "Stabilitrak/Reduced power" message and then no power to speak of. Called dealer and they said its either a cable bundle or the throttle body. They seemed very familiar with the problem. So my $60k car with a whopping 42k miles is at the dealer being repaired to the tune of $600. Realy, issues at 42k miles. After 30 years and 7 GM cars I'm done trying to support these guys.
    whtlke,

We're sorry to hear that your Yukon has to have some repair work done! If you would like for us to follow up on this with the dealership, we're happy to do so. Please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

• alsindianaalsindiana Member Posts: 1
    Oh wow! I was in the middle of a busy Chicago intersection and I got a traction control/adjust stabilitrak/reducing engine power message and my 2007 Yukon shut down!!!!

I was terrified! I am going to head to the dealer and I can almost guess they are going to give me an over priced quote with a bunch of dealer jargon that will not fix the problem based on the information I am seeing here. I am scared. Should I drive my car? I do not see why this is not a recall issue. What will it take to get this recalled? Does someone have die because their engine power reduced while driving?

I will keep updates here on any progress. Hopefully it will help someone with the same issue.
  • died01died01 Member Posts: 1
    My wife just had this problem today - reduced engine power - had to be towed and her 2011 Denali only has 38k miles. This is really terrible that this type of problem seems to be more than an anomaly based on all the threads on multiple sites yet no notification to owners. We will wait to see what dealer says since car had to be towed to delay 1.5 hrs away from our home.
    Looking forward to any updates, alsindiana. If you would like any assistance, be sure to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

Looking forward to any news, died01! If you want for us to check into anything, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
  • janab2janab2 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 is having these same problems. It says reduced engine power and only accelerates to 20 mph. Today it completely shut off/ stalled. Dies anyone know the cause and if it's been recalled?
    janab2,
    If we can check for any open recalls on your vehicle, or help you work through getting this checked out by a dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
  • rfl2rfl2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Yukon Denali and it just happened to me for the first time this morning. Dealer already fixed it for free under a special warranty code issued by GM for this specific issue. They seemed to know exactly what it is.
  • 99aggiegrad99aggiegrad Member Posts: 1
    2007 Yukon Denali XL 109k. Started doing the same last March. Usually all the dials go crazy, Stablitrak shuts off, check engine light comes on. Sometimes reduced power mode, sometimes not. Usually this occurs in drive thrus, oddly enough, but it's happened on the highway at 70mph a few times, too. I'd say it occurs once a month or so, usually in waves. Neither the GM dealers in Aransas Pass, TX or Boerne, TX could tell me anything about the issue or resolution, and my home dealer in Boerne, which is usually fantastic, just keeps telling me they'll need a few hours minimum just to start diagnosing the possible issue. Frustrating. Happened again two nights ago and Internet searching brought me here.
  • doysterbar1doysterbar1 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    I own a 2010 Yukon xl with 42,000 miles and the same thing happened to me on interstate tonight . All the same codes and reduced power as everbody else. I had to drive 40 miles on side of road hoping my children wouldn't be killed. WTF GM, Issue a recall before somebody dies!! Over 550 posts with same issue just on this site, think you have a problem maybe ?
    We're sorry to hear that you had this experience out on the interstate over the weekend, doysterbar1. Let us know if we can check into this further by sending us an email at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

There is special coverage for vehicles under 120,000 miles called "Throttle Position Sensor Replacement" that covered my Incident. I am hopeful this fixes the problem.
  • jen1017jen1017 Member Posts: 6
    How'd you find that out? My dealer never mentioned that to me and guess what I just went over that mileage a month ago and had this problem way before 120,000 miles!!!!
    Anyone notice that the burnt out running light might be linked everytime mine burns out I have issues somewhere else.
    I was contacted by Brandon from Gm as a result of this site. There is also a bulletin that came out on Nov 8, 2012 concerning a variety of vehicles from 2008 to 2011 adressing this problem and how to fix it. it is bulletin #11-06-04-007c diagnosis and repair the Engine control module. good luck
  • autotek66autotek66 Member Posts: 2
    There is a throttle control module on the drivers side mounted on the firewall close to the brake booster if you unplug the big plug from it and the plug from the throttle body you can use an ohm meter to make sure the wiring is good from one end to the other.be sure to set the ohm meter to check for a short so it will beep if the wire is good from end to end if no beep check that wire to see if it is broken at the throttle body plug end.I find that the wire is usually broken where it goes into the plug. the dealer can get you a new connector harness but it is close to $200.00 i would check with the local salavge yards you should be able to get one around $30.00 then all you need to do is splice the wires matching the colors and put heat shrink over the connections.
  • kencrosby69kencrosby69 Member Posts: 3
    I've been watching the reduced engine power problem, and it happened to my 2009 Yukon this week, with the family in the truck, 400 miles from home.
    It has happened 6 times since, and I wish GM would just recall this and fix it. I am not a mechanic.
    Did they ever replace your Throttle position sensor cover ? There is a bulletin on it . You are covered for 120,ooo for 2008 -2011. I listed the bulletin number on above posts. good luck
    kencrosby69,

We're sorry to hear about that you and your family encountered these troubles so far from home. Let us know if there is anything you would like for us to look into for you. We can be emailed at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of the VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• devoz71devoz71 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I am a gm technician 14years know, It upsets me to read all of these story's, I myself have seen several gm recalls over the years and I can not figure out why gm has not made this a recall (yes there are several bulletins and special policy's from gm concerning this issue) but both gm and most dealers know exactly what the problem is (99%of the time) and yes it is dangerous , the problem is on gm trucks/SUV (2007-2011) there are two throttle position sensors housed inside the cover on the side of the throttle body (they must "agree" with each other) and if they don't --reduced engine power is the default (usually p2135 dtc), the issue is the clearance between the plastic cover and the sensors is to tight causing one sensor to contact it and get stuck, this is why 80% of the time this concern happens in cold weather conditions, the new designed tps/throttle body cover and an ECM reprogram will and does fix this issue, I have never had one return after this repair, and I see 5-10 of these a WEEK!! In the winter (Canada)----c'mon gm make this a recall!!!!
  • littlelavlittlelav Member Posts: 2
    Hello peps, I have that stupid "reduced engine power" display on my 2003 gmc sierra 1500 hd. I have tried these things; Checked wires at the TB, tested ok; Tested wires at the pedal, tested ok; cleaned and sanded a ground location" only one I could find; Disconnected battery; Connected a wire from neg of battery post to the TB and no change. The wires i did a tug test and actually looked at every one conected to the TB. I am at a loss and do not know what to do. Any other suggestions. There are 2 things i haven't tried yet, The fan wiring as well as the ABS sensor ground or something like that, lol. I am not a mechanic by any means but i do know enough to get me by and to save myself some $. please help
  • littlelavlittlelav Member Posts: 2
    Hey i have a 2003 gmc sierra 1500 hd with about 230000 kms on it. The other day the reduced engine power displayed while i was driving on the hwy. It dropped in power and i could only get up to 40 km/h. I got home and shut the truck off and turned it back on right away. It went away for a briefe second and I was able to rev the truck up. It came back on and has been on ever since. I cleaned the TB and checked for broken wires at the TB and the pedal. I didnt see anything, but thats not saying that its not there. My truck runs like [non-permissible content removed] all the time know. When you are checking to see if your mass air flow sensor or you cylinders are working you take off the wires. If the truck doesnt change how it is running then you know that that particular cylinder is the problem. The truck runs like [non-permissible content removed] and I take the wiring off of the TB and it runs the same. Do you think that that is my problem.
  • autotek66autotek66 Member Posts: 2
    The only way i found the broken wire on my buddies 2004 z71 was by using my ohm meter.i set the meter to check for a short it will beep if there is no break in the wire.you unplug the throttle body plug and the big plug at the throttle body control module mounted on the firewall above the brake booster on drivers side.i found the green wire was broken inside the plug at the throttel body.i have also seen the yellow wire broken in or around the wiring plug at th T.B..I f the wires all check good then i would try replacing the TB.It could also be the pedal position sensor.
  • kbrock1kbrock1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 GMC Yukon. It has 42,000 miles on it. We got it with just a couple hundred miles. I was sitting in park today when the check engine, stabilitrak and reduced engine power light came on. The engine made a horrible noise and the whole car shook. I immediately turned the engine off and sat there a few minutes stunned. When I started the car up after a few minutes, only the check engine light remained on. I have made an appointment to have it looked at. I thought, I will google this and see if there have been similar issues and WAS I SURPRISED at the amount of people posting the same thing! I can't believe there is no recall for this!!!
  • 2010gmcyukonxl2010gmcyukonxl Member Posts: 2
    I of course am having this same issue with my 2010 GMC Yukon XL, I took it into the dealer, and my vehicle is out of the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, I only have the Power Train Warranty left, I have 47,000 miles on the vehicle. Thi reduced engine power, check engine, stabilitrak issue happened twice within the past 5 days and after it happened the second time we took into the dealer to get it checked out. When I got the call today from GMC Service department I was not surprised to hear them say that it was indeed the Throttle Body. I was quite surprised to hear that GM has extended coverage on the throtle body and it will be replaced under warranty. So this was a nice surprise, Thank you GM for realizing this is a problem and offering extended warranty on the part/labor. It has yet to be determined whether this has solved the problem, hopefully it has and all is well.
    Great to hear that your repair is going to be covered under warranty. Feel free to reach out to us with any future questions or concerns you may have.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • 2010gmcyukonxl2010gmcyukonxl Member Posts: 2
    UPDATE - I just got the vehicle back from the dealer service department and it turns out that the Throttle Positioning Sensor was replaced not the "Throtle Body", however it was covered under warranty and it seems to be working fine now, I just hope this was the problem and is fixed for good.
  • bigprofittbigprofitt Member Posts: 2
    GM Customer Care

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe. For about a year now I have been trying to get my Reduced Engine Power issue resolved. I have had my Tahoe looked at by two GM dealers....Dale Earnhardt in Newton, NC and Randy Marion in Mooresville, NC. Dale Earnhardt said I needed to replace the entire wiring harness for around $900. Randy Marion said they could not find anything wrong with my Tahoe. So far I have replaced the throttle body replaced four time, the wiring harness going to the throttle body, the accelerator pedal, and the control module on the fire wall. I have had the wiring harness checked by two vehicle electrical specialists. I have spent around $4000 on this issue with no resolution. I do not want to get rid of this vehicle as I inherited it from my mother when she passed away two years ago. I am a disabled Marine Corps veteran and do not have an unlimited budget to spend on such issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please Please Please help me. My wife drives this vehicle with my 6 year old daughter. This issue is a huge safety risk. I pray that GM will do the right thing here. Thanks for your time.
  • craneman69craneman69 Member Posts: 1
    Ditto to the gentleman in message #558. I have a 2005 Denali and have replaced 3 throttle bodies, 2 wiring harnesses, 2 accelerator pedals and 7 days ago got stranded on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC and had to rent a car for 4 days. The GM dealer called 'Detroit' and they said the wiring harness needed replacing. $800 for car repairs and $249 for car rental we went 70 miles before the reduced engine light came on again and the car slowed. We've been to 5 different GM Dealers, over $5,000 in repairs with not results. We have 4 GMC vehicles now, have owned 5 GMC's in the past. Can't believe a company as large as GM can build something that's unrepairable. No wonder the government had to bail them out. If anyone can help us, it would be greatly appreciated. Need to get in running in order to sell it.
  • pperdikispperdikis Member Posts: 1
    Maybe you can help me out. I have a 2003 Yukon Denali 6.0 liter engine. I have 300k miles on it. Recently the reduced engine power has been coming on. It gets worse when the ac is running. I have read all the blogs. Some fixes are dry gas and premium gas. Others is to replace the map sensor. I have taken off the engine cover thinking that it is touching, but no luck. One thing I have noticed is when it is about to happen the temperature gauge pings all the way to the right and the reduced power happens. Any help with this would be great. This is driving me crazy.
  • walkingmanwalkingman Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Savana 1500 5.3 AWD van with 65000 miles . The reduced engine power stadila track low engine oil and po107 po641. When clearing codes the engine stops and only way to restart is to disconnect battery and reconnect and it might start. I have replaced the electronic throttlebody and the plug at the tb, replaced the map also.
  • campcrewcampcrew Member Posts: 1
    We are also getting the check engine and reduced engine power. We had it in to a dealer multiple times and they could not correct it. I replaced some of the wiring to no avail. What we found worked is replacing the gas cap. We can go for a year or so now before it comes on again. We have a spare gas cap with us and just hop out and replace it and off we go. I would be interested in hearing if this works for others that have this issue.
  • monsterbajamonsterbaja Member Posts: 1
    ive had this issue now for 4 months and ive been to the dealership 2 times now and they know nothing nor can they find anything. every downhill turn or bump on a turn my traction/stabiltrak light comes on and it stalls out on me for a few seconds but regains power after it becomes stable again. ive heard tbs,steering wheel sensor, wheel speed senor to where its costing a ton of money guessing. you would think with this many issues everyone is having that GM would look farther into this and train the shops to fix the problems and take care of the expense since we pay the high price to own a GM product. i dont even have 20,000 miles on my truck and its a pain to drive with this issue.
  • blvdballerblvdballer Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Yukon has ran great until yesterday I have noticed for a couple months my Track light would stay on as if I turned track control off and I wasn't able to turn it back on. We'll it would only do that once in a wile but truck was still running fine Yesterday on the Way to get my daughter from school The reduced power light came on and I could not move . I did like everyone else and shut truck off and back on and the reduced power like was gone but now I had the service engine light on I went back home did a goggle search for the problem and found these forms . I tried tighting the battery cable to the engine block started it back up the service engine light went away I ran the codes and it came up with P1286. p1125 and p1285 I cleared the codes in hoping I fixed it but on the way to take my daughter to school today it did it again.. Has ANYONE fixed the problem for good yet if so Please let me know . and any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you David
  • blvdballerblvdballer Member Posts: 2
    Have you had any mores problems with the reduced engine power light coming on since you changed the gas cap ?

Thank you
  • niques03denaliniques03denali Member Posts: 2
    Please help my 2003 is doing the same thing. reduced engine power, stability message traction control light and engine light. Truck slows to 25 mph. Is the 2003 having the same issue as the 2007 to 2011 models or is it different?
  • autotek44autotek44 Member Posts: 2
    I have not had any of the 2007 - 2011 with the reduced power problem.i have had some with the active fuel managment system problem where the lifters go bad and they will wear a flat spot on the cam.when this happens the truck will miss fire real bad.the reduced power with your truck will either be the throttle body , the wiring harness at the throttle body plug , the throttle position on the gas peddle , or the throttle control module on the fire wall , or the wiring harness from the peddle to the module.the wiring harness will sometimes have a broken wire in the plug section at the throttle body.you can use an ohm meter to check the harness just unplug it at the module and at the throttle body and check the wires between for continnuity.
  • ebonyhebonyh Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2013
    I am SICK of dealing with this problem. I wish there was a class action suit to get this taken care of! We paid $600 two years ago to "fix" this problem. One year later, we get reduced engine power again.

IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE and GM does nothing. I am so upset about it. I think I have posted somewhere on here before about this. Why don't they fix this for FREE?
  • donewithgmsdonewithgms Member Posts: 24
    Hi Autotek44,

I have had all of the reduced engine power problems, and the excessive oil consumption problems and am now getting oil fouled plugs from another engine problem. What was the fix for the misfiring on your truck....just replace the lifters. Have you had any problems with the plugs getting oil fouled.
    Hello ebonyh,

I understand your frustration with an ongoing reduced engine power vehicle issue. Each customer is looked at on a case-by-case basis. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation. Please email us at socialmedia(at)gm.com and include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • deanrichardsondeanrichardson Member Posts: 5
    Haven't posted in a while, so here is my update;

I have had the reduced engine issue for over two years now.
    I have changed and cleaned the K and N air filter,
    replaced the mass air flow sensor($70 or so at Auto Zone)
    replaced throttle position sensor($60 or so at Auto Zone)
    used a rag and throttle body spray cleaner and elbow grease to clean
    the interior of the throttle body(have to remove all the air intake plastic pieces)
    replaced the fuel filter
    put in numerous throttle body cleaners with the fuel;
    some of these worked but I would continue to get the 'reduced engine power',
    95% of the time this would happen in the morning and only when the nighttime temperature dropped 10 to 20 degrees. I would pull over, turn off the vehicle,
    let it sit for a minute or so and then restart and drive the rest of the day without issues most of the time.
    I haven't had any issues in the last six months(summertime), however when it cooled down a few weeks ago the problem has resurfaced so back to the drawing board and researching. I've been to a few dealers and all they want is to do a $100 diagnostic, I always reply that I can do that free at autozone, I would prefer a remedy for the problem.
    Anyway, I read in one of the posts here to replace the gas cap. I did a week ago and the 'reduced engine power' has not come on. Crazy! if it's just the gas cap I am amazed.
    I hope this helps. The gas cap is a 'stant' from amazon for about $10.
    Dear Laura,

I am back to report that after waiving the diagnostic fee and getting a 20% discount, we paid about $480 for the same repairs they did almost 2 years ago.

We got the Yukon back last week, and today WE STILL HAVE REDUCED ENGINE POWER! That makes about $1000 we've paid in the last three years to have GM certified mechanics NOT fix this deadly problem.

I don't know what kind of shop they are running or what kind of customer service GM thinks it has, but this is not it. I am contacting GM one last time today. Honestly, we should not have had to pay for the same solution twice!

Anyone else have to deal with this nonsense?
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/index.xhtml

Even with this government shutdown- PLEASE fill out the form- no matter the make or model of your GM vehicle. I searched for a previous submission on our model Yukon and was surprised to find another owner posted just yesterday.

NHTSA forces these companies to recall faulty products. If any of you have been injured or if you know of anyone killed in an accident to to REDUCED ENGINE POWER, please click YES on those questions.

SHARE THIS FORM WITH OTHERS. LET THEM KNOW WE CAN FIGHT BACK.

This may be your first step in making sure GM takes care of its customers.
  • jen1017jen1017 Member Posts: 6
    Well my reduced engine power problem has seemed to sorta go away by replacing the wiring harness twice, but now somehow the wires to the running light got fried, the temp reading on the rearview mirror is flashing all the time and now the engine doesn't want to start sometimes and its not a battery issue...I have a feeling that the wiring harness is going bad again but nobody wants to believe me..I was told it was a certified GM part they don't go bad....what a joke!!!!