Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• gzackermangzackerman Member Posts: 6
    Elizariev, here are the numbers I received, which appear to be consistent with other posts. The money factor is .0009, which translates to about 2%. Residuals are 53% for the RDX Tech and 56% for the RDX Base. You should be able to get the RDX for $500-$1,000 over invoice. Concerning whether the X3 or the RDX is the better vehicle, I can't answer that question. I will say that getting an X3 that is comparably equipped to the RDX Tech will cost significantly more. I will pick up my new RDX on 2/23. I am satisfied with my deal.
  • izbodizbod Member Posts: 21
    I agree, which car is better is a matter of personal taste. However, with both vehicles comparably equipped, the X3 can only offer more cargo space & a higher price tag. Plus, I went to BMW and was told they aren't discounting the car because of it's popularity here and abroad.

This will be my 1st Acura. I had the Nissan Murano, Infiniti FX, and this car is just as impressive. I love the voice acivated GPS feature. It also handles like a dream. I took it as hard as I could, didn't screech once. I can't wait to pick it up in a week.
  • rich4jrich4j Member Posts: 15
    I got quoted the residual of 50%

What i have read on the forum is that many of the folks are getting quoted 53%

Is the higher or lower residual better when leasing...??? stupid question but I thought the higher the better?

thx
  • topspin628topspin628 Member Posts: 373
    Higher residual equals lower monthly payment. If you are leasing through Acura they will provide a standard residual and money factor (interest rate). You should go through Acura since the money factor is very good right now.
  • rgustafsrgustafs Member Posts: 35
    I am gonna sign papers tomorrow on a great deal for an RDX Tech, and I am so excited. I could not, however, get my numbers to match the (very nice) finance guy's numbers so I asked him to print me off the sheet so I could come back in the the morning and sign the papers.

So I need you help, oh smart lease people. Let me give you his numbers:

MSRP $37,410
    Sale Price of RDX $34000 ($429 under invoice)
    No cap cost reduction
    Term 36 mo/10k miles year
    MF .0009
    Residual 53% = $19827.30
    Acq Fee $595
    Thier Doc fee $389
    Registering in NoVA (4.17% tax, I am pretty sure)
    Monthly of $504.62

On this lease worksheet he printed out for me, he's got a few confusing things listed (on line 25 for anyone who knows the lease worksheet printout):

Govt fees = $109 (title and 2 year plates, I guess)
    Taxes $2590 (he kept saying that he was estimating 1500 for personal prop tax). I thought I paid sales tax with each payment and the personal property tax is something I pay to Alexandria, VA outside of my lease (though Honda Finance initailly pays Alexandria and then I pay Honda).

SO HERE'S THE THING -- My math (using leaseguide.com's worksheet) has me at $493 a month assuming $595 acq, $385 doc fee, $99 plates, $10 title and a 4.17% tax rate. Can anyone tell me what I am missing or what he's added in?

By the way, I know the finance person always say stuff like this, but he said I got a fab deal. The one thing he let slip is that the dealership is making less than $25 on this deal. I got the feeling that there is an incentive of just over $450 for the RDX...

MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! I am a nervous nelly about these things, and I just want to be sure I am getting the best deal possible. :blush:
    Okay. I finally figured it out, and I should have remembered this from my last lease. I think this is the same thing that freaked me out the last time around.

In the Commonwealth of VA, one must pay 3% of the gross cost of the vehicle for the VA Motor Vehicle Sales and Use Tax, and -- for the purposes of the the VA MVSUT -- gross cost includes the dealer doc fee. So that's $34000 car + $385 doc fee x 3% = $1031.55.

More from VA on the MVSUT for leased cars here. And calculate your own MVSUT, registration and title fees here.

And to think that I was calculating the sales tax based on only the part of the car I was leasing. Oh, Virginia. So annoying with all the darn taxes.

So apparently the 4.17% VA tax (wherever the heck I got that?!?!) does not even factor in because the VA MVSUT is the only sales tax that is paid, as far as I can tell.

Now I just have to figure out why the dealership is using $1090 as opposed to $1031.55... ;)

As soon as I sign the papers, I will post a full report on my deal. This is all taking place at Radley Acura in Falls Church. They have been nothing but fabulous so far. Now if Honda will just take my 05 Pilot back a few weeks early without too much hassle...
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    See my post in Acura RDX Prices Paid.
  • nolealum05nolealum05 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man -

With the new lease special available for the RDX w/ tech would a monthly payment of $450 w/ 0 due at signing be too optimistic? I definitely need 15K miles per year and it looks like there may be some dealer cash available considering the deal infinitimn received.

Thanks.
    The improved deal I was offered today is $435 including 7% NJ tax for 10K annually, with about $1500+ down for inception fees. My guess is that 15k would be about $467. If you can do better, please post as I will sign my deal on Friday.
    The lowest offer I have received is $509 including taxes (PA). $0 down and 15k/year.

The same dealer offered $528 including taxes w/ all weather mats and roof rack installed.
  • gzackermangzackerman Member Posts: 6
    My personal experience is that $450 would be very optimistic for the tech. The residual for 36 months is 53%, and the money factor is .0009 for 12K miles. I added the roof rack, running boards (which look great on the silver RDX!), and splash guards at dealer cost. I paid zero down, $5 for the license transfer, and the first month payment up front. My deal was $800 over invoice, which is reasonable in a cold weather climate where Acura has no competition.
    gzackerman,

What was your final payment including tax? The new MF is .00072 thru 4/31 and two dealers so far have agreed to make the cap reduction which is why I am thinking they are receiving some dealer cash from Honda/Acura. My ideal payment would be no more than $500/month. Is anyone having any luck in their negotiations?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Man I it when people pick apart a lease because of taxes looking for pennies. For many states in leases taxes are calculated on the cost of the vehicle, doc fee of course, acquisition fee of the lease and in some states even the registration.

What the acquisition fee for acura's leasing company?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Honda Finance is $595... I would assume that Acura is the same, but I'm not sure...

Pennies add up to dollars, young man!! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I can confirm that the Acura dealer quoted $595 as the acquisition fee.

....and dollars add up to $thousands.
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Just got an e-mail from the Acura dealer with the March special: Lease an RDX and get it for $1500 below invoice. Wow.
  • shaib52shaib52 Member Posts: 6
    Wow, that is amazing. Can you please post the email or forward it? What state is the offer good for?

I went to an Acura dealer today and he offered me $565/mn with nothing down other than acquisition and first month's lease for the tech RDX and 17k miles per yr. He was basing those numbers off of a sales price that was "only" a couple of hundred dollars over invoice.
    Here's the info re the RDX:
    2008 ACURA RDX – I N V O I C E

Factory Lease Special runs through March 31st

If Leasing a RDX with the Technology package then the selling price is $1,500 BELOW Invoice

Factory Finance Special runs through March 31st
    I received the same deal in NJ with 7% sales tax, payment is $435, upfront is $1500 including first months payment. With 15,000 mile the residual is 3% of MSRP lower or about $467/month.
    which dealership was this?

im looking for a 17k mile/yr lease with the tech package. best offer ive seen so far is for $509/mn, with 1300 down.
    I have never seen residuals quoted on 17k leases, and I don't know what your state tax is, so maybe your $509 is not far off of $435 for 10k miles. Anyway, try Open Road Acura or Montclair Acura.
    Good luck
  • fourminefourmine Member Posts: 16
    Infinimn- you got the tech for $467 per month in NJ? WOW! I'm a bit miffed...I got the base with basically the same deal for $464 this past November. I'm gonna take your post to my sales guy and tell him when I go to re-lease in a few years I want that kinda deal. I'm such a pushover...but, at the time, everyone in NJ was coming in at basically the same price.
    I am not offended by British Rover thinking I was picking apart my lease because of taxes. I work hard for my money and I would rather not give it away unless it is going to a good cause. While and RDX is great, it does not -- in fact -- qualify as a good cause in my book. And neither does an Acura dealership, no matter how wonderful.

So I am proud to say that Edmunds forums and all you wise posters gave me the knowledge to "pick apart" my lease. It kept me from spending one cent more than necessary to get the best car ever.

Don't hate the player, British Rover.

GS
    No need to apologize to British Rover. According to his email address he's a car salesman. Of course he doesn't want a buyer to understand the payment.
    Yours was the beat deal I was offered in December too. Acura lowered the money factors and gave dealers a $1500 incentive on Tuesday March 4.
    Can someone please post the March residuals and money factors for the RDX with Technology? Make sure to specify the mileage for the residual - I'll be looking for 18K miles.

Thanks!
    For 36 months, the 10K residual is 53%, which means that the 15k is 50%. I have never heard of an 18K factor. The mf is .00072.
    With all of the information posted as ammunition, I was able to secure a 3 yr lease with 17k miles/yr for $480/mn, with 1500 down (including first month's payment). This was for the tech package RDX. Thanks for all of the help!
    Glad to be of help. Did you get it at one of the two dealers I mentioned?
    How did you work the residual for the 17K miles? One of the dealers I'm talking to said, "Moving up to 18K (in my case) does not change the residual percentage. You do pay .10 per mile for the 3,000 more miles per year and once put into the computer the residual gets re-calculated."

So I assume they would add $900 (3000 miles/year x 3 years x .10/mile) to the MSRP, and the residual will stay at 50%, with the residual amount being recalculated based on the new MSRP.
    They reduce the residual by $900..

Residual = (50% X MSRP) - $900

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ah ha...thanks!!
    went to curry acura in scarsdale. sounds like the '09 rdx is coming in soon, so they need to move the '08 models.
    Should the destination fee be included in MSRP when calculating the residual value of the vehicle? The dealer is saying no and adding this to the negotiated vehicle price along with the aquisition fee.

Thanks
  • sebastian504sebastian504 Member Posts: 5
    I called the Acura dealer here in Kansas City, and I was quoted $499 a month for a 36 month, 15k a year lease. that was based off of MSRP minus the $1500 dealer incentive. I told him I wouldn't pay any more than what invoice + destination, minus the dealer incentive. That brought my monthly payment to around 449.00/month with $300 dollars down. The only problem was that they did not have my color combination, so he is calling me back to let me know if he can do it at this price for a vehicle they would have to trade for. Any suggestions? This seems to me like a fantastic deal!
    I'm looking at both the RDX and EX35. The manufacturer's have the following incentives for March:
    - Acura: $1500 off for a lease, and they will go off of INVOICE (don't go a penny more)
    - Infiniti: Super-aggressive money factor on 24-month leases (.00025 vs. .00074 for the RDX); better residuals than Acura (63% for EX vs. 58% for RDX)

Factor all this in and assuming the following:
    - RDX Tech MSRP is $37,410 and cap cost is $33,229 (I have to add $300 for marketing in AZ)
    - EX35 Journey RWD (with Nav, Premium, Luxe Style, Roof Rails, Cargo Protector) MSRP is $41,485 and cap cost is $37,868
    - 18K miles/year, reducing residual amounts by $600 (3000 miles/year x 2 years x .10/mile)
    - No fees rolled in to the cap cost
    - No cap cost reduction

The monthly payments, before tax, work out to be:
    - RDX: $545.66
    - EX35: $529.68

Umm...fricking WOW!!
    First, you are comparing a AWD RDX to a FWD EX (OK you don't need AWD in AZ.) But second, the RDX has a great 3 year but not a good 2 year lease while the EX has its sweet spot at 2 years.
    Yes, that looks to be the choice for me: 24-months with the EX, or 36-months with the RDX.

I'm am so torn...I really like both for very different reasons...
    The EX is rear wheel drive, isn't it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Correct, and I live in Arizona, so the EX AWD isn't needed.
    Yes, it is RWD, my mistake.
    I don't know how taxes work in AZ, but I think the 36 month RDX lease is much less than the 24 month EX lease.
    Yes...$504 for RDX/Tech 36 month vs. $572 EX35 24-month
  • packrfanpackrfan Member Posts: 50
    The current offer from AHFC is for RDX w/ tech, 36 month, $1999 due, cap cost of $32,866 and 10k pa. Buy option at lease end is $19,827 or 53%. I think your calc's were based on 15k pa but is that creating the $100 per month difference?
    My calc is based on 18K miles/year and includes no cap cost reduction. Forget the monthly offer, look at the selling price. I'm also factoring in a cost for the roof rack and some cost for the dealer add-on package, which I'm trying to get thrown in, but am getting huge pushback.
  • shifter1shifter1 Member Posts: 7
    Tech or No Tech package? It make a difference!!!
  • techdudetechdude Member Posts: 87
    I saw this ad at a dealership by me. Some info is missing, which makes me suspicious.

2008 RDX Tech for $369/month

$2999 due at signing (includes 1st month, no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction

total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, doc fees, options, insurance and the like

That's all the info in the ad. What should I be looking out for? I'm guess at least the cap cost and money factor. Are these deals negotiable or are they set in stone and i can take it or leave it?

Thanks for any advise.
    The deal is not set in stone, and you should be able to do better. My deal was $435 in NJ with tax, (about $405 pre-tax) with $1500 down for acquisition cost, registration, doc fee and first month for 10k annually. Don't make a cap cost reduction.
  • shifter1shifter1 Member Posts: 7
    which dealer in nj and did that include tech, i am real close to pulling the trigger
    Montclair Acura. Open Road in Wayne offered the same deal. My friend just got his best deal on an MDX in Springfield NJ so they would probably do the same deal. If you have trouble getting it send me a PM and I will give you more info.
This discussion has been closed.