Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• af145af145 Member Posts: 31
    I meant the "effective" price increase. I got the 2008 Tech for the cap cost of 33.5K; some people on this forum got even better deals. Good luck getting that price on the 2009.

I'm sure the 2009 price will drop in a couple of months -- but now is certainly not a good time to take it.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi gooch5. The best way to negotiate a good deal on a lease is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using the vehicle's buy rate lease money factor. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Are you interested in a 2008 or a 2009 MDX? If you want to go with a 24 month lease, you definitely should not lease an '08 model. Acura is not currently providing lease support on the '08 model and Honda Finance's standard 24 month money factor is terrible.

If you were to lease a base '09 RDX through Honda Finance right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00128 and 59%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

I see that you are considering trading in your CR-V when you lease your new truck. There's nothing wrong with doing so, but it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers to put at little money as possible when leasing. Those who make a large down payment risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • gusbufgusbuf Member Posts: 74
    I am interested in the October money factor and residual for a 2009 base RDX without tech package, 12,000 mi/yr for 36 months. Thanks in advance for the info.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    gusbuf,

36 months in the optimal term - 52% residual (12k miles per year) and 0.00128 money factor.

Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • aeropostelaeropostel Member Posts: 18
    Looking to get an RDX base

12k/year
    would like residual on both 36 and 42 months, and money factor as well

Can anyone help here?
    Looking to lease in NJ..any suggested dealers?
  • sptcpasptcpa Member Posts: 10
    HI:
    Would anyone have the MF & residual on a RDX base with 10K per year, 36 months.
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve
  • aeropostelaeropostel Member Posts: 18
    Can anyone share lease prices paid

I'm looking to see how close to 400 a month I can be at for 36 months and 1,000 total out of pocket [or 0 down besides 1st month]

12k miles / year and no tech package
    NY/NJ area

thanks
    Hi aeropostel. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura RDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00128 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

You definitely do not want to lease for more than 36 months because that is the longest term that Acura's special lease program is available for. If you lease for 42 months, the money factor will jump to .00290.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Steve. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura RDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00128 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • mazzman1mazzman1 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man and kyfdx,

would either of you know the MF and RV for a 2009 Rdx w/ tech and also these numbers for the base model as well. Additionally are there any incentives like there are for the lexus rx and infiniti fx35?

thanks
    Hi mazzman1. This vehicle's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura RDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an RDX with the Tech package are .00090 and 47%.

In lieu of this special lease program, Acura is offering 0.9% to 2.9% special financing on the 2009 RDX, but no cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • max_andersonmax_anderson Member Posts: 37
    There seems to be a discrepancy of $27 per month between the Acura worksheet and the Edmunds calculator. Here are the vitals

36-month lease
    15K per year

Acura RDX w/Tech - MSRP - $37,755
    Negotiated sale price - $35,374
    Sales Tax - $2841.95
    Flat Tax (never heard of this) - $15
    License & Title - $175
    Acquisition Fee - $595

Adjusted cap cost - $39,001.37
    Residual - $17,744.85 (or 47%)
    Money Factor - .00090

Acura says $641.53 per month with taxes rolled in - only first month due at signing
    Edmunds says $615 per month. I'm trying to figure out where the difference is.

Any thoughts? Dealers seem willing to privde the detailed worksheets but I wonder if the numbers always add up. Assuming the residual and money factor are accurate and the negotiated price is acceptable, where can they (dealers) play games with the monthly?

Thanks,

Max
  • ronbarsronbars Member Posts: 11
    Would anyone with access to this information be so kind to post it? I'm looking for the current AHFC lease money factor and residual for a 36/15 lease on a 2009 RDX w/tech package. I understand there is now (post 1/5/09) $2500 marketing support for this vehicle versus $1500 before 1/5/09. I'm hoping the residuals didn't drop (or the MF's went up) so much such that the additional $1000 is negated.

Thanks!
  • chicagoSchicagoS Member Posts: 6
    My husband and I visited an Acura dealer outside Chicago today and got these numbers on the RDX. Please tell us what you think. The monthly payment still sounds high to us. Is the MF out of whack or something else? (Unfortunately in IL we pay 9.25% sales tax on the full price of the vehicle, even if we are leasing.)

RDX Base Model
    MSRP: $34,455.00
    Sales Price: $29,348.32
    IL Sales tax: 9.25%
    Aquisition fee: $595.00

39mo/10,000mi
    Money Factor: 0.0025
    Residual: 49%
    Monthly payment: $534.08
    Acura's "Super Preferred" tier

(Then because we live in the city of Chicago, we add 8% use tax monthly on top of that. :mad: )
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    With those taxes... I'd just buy the car..

$600/mo. for 60 months... At the end of 39 months, you'd only owe $11,400, or so...

The lease taxes in Chicago are a killer.... doubt that the lease vs. buy scenario will ever come out in favor of leasing for you..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chicagoSchicagoS Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your response, kyfdx. I guess it does make more sense for us to buy because of that darn Chicago lease tax. Acura did mention an incentive where we could get 2.9% APR financing on a 60-month loan for the RDX, which we thought sounded pretty attractive.

(The financing incentive is 0.90% for 24-36 months, or 2.90% for 37-60 months, for customers with good credit.)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    That sounds like a good plan!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Here's the information that you're looking for, ronbars. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura RDX with the Tech Package and 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash incentive that is available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate a capitalized cost that's well below dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • ronbarsronbars Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the information Car_man, I sincerely appreciate it!

The residual took a little bit of a hit but they sure raised that money factor... it was 0.0009 before 1/5/09. The new higher MF and lower residual sure strip away a lot of the benefit from the $2500 factory to dealer incentive. My current lease ends in March so I'm hoping they bring back a lower MF by then.
    You're very welcome, ronbars. Please feel free to check back with me when your closer to the scheduled end of your current lease. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
  • Mets2009Mets2009 Member Posts: 3
    I'm sorry to post this on this but I just literally bought the 09 RDX with Tech in early January of this year and I need to sell it because my wife and I have to move because of her job status.

I purchased the car for $35,800 with taxes included.

Its White Diamond Pearl with ebony interior and has 220 miles.

The car has added accessories such as step rails, body side moldings, and a roof rack and an Acura installed alarm.

Does anyone know what I should sell the car for? or should i just bring it back to the dealer? ( i know they will jerk me)
  • hewittphewittp Member Posts: 14
    Mets2009, where are you located? Let us know the price if you go to the dealer to trade your vehicle. I'm not really in the market for the RDX but if you want to sell it privately at a price just slighty higher than the dealer's, please post. Thanks.
  • Mets2009Mets2009 Member Posts: 3
    hey Hewittp,

I'm in NYC..Privately i'm thinking of selling it for $34K. I think thats fair. The only thing is that I havent received the title from the DMV. Its been over 3 weeks since i purchased the car. I can't sell the car without the title. Let me know if your interested.

Thanks.
  • hewittphewittp Member Posts: 14
    Hi Mets2009,
    The $34K seems a bit high for an already "used" car (technically speaking). I've seen prices from mid $32K on this forum for an 2009 RDX Tech.
    Anyways, good luck on selling your car. Regards.
    Hi Mets2009. I don't believe that you are going to receive the title to your RDX from the DMV if you are leasing it. The bank that you are leasing your vehicle through, likely Honda Finance, holds the title unless you buy your truck from them.

As far as how much you are going to be able to get for this truck goes, I personally doubt that you will find anyone who is willing to purchase an MDX that is technically used for much more than $31,000. A savvy consumer who is in an area that has a decent level of competition would likely be able to get a brand new one near dealer invoice minus the $2,500 dealer cash that is available on it...around $32,250.

Car_man
    Host
  • billribillri Member Posts: 9
    Good or bad offer ?Just got an offer for RDX tech with $750 down, 10K miles, 39 months @ $491 + tax. Does that seem OK, and would they do better at end of month ?
  • tlinsctlinsc Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man

Current MF and residual for the South East Coast on the RDX Base please. They haven't been very favorable lately from what I can see for the Tech pkg, but have not seen any current info. for the base lately.

Thanks!

tlinsc
    Hi billri. You never mentioned what this vehicle's selling price is. This is a very important number for you as a lessee to find out. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are getting and in turn whether there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what this number is and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to give you their opinion on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings tlinsc. This vehicle's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura RDX Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier. You will be able to get a slightly lower payment on a 39 month lease. The money factor for that term is the same, but the residual value is 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you! ;)
  • Has anyone considered trying to get out of their RDX leases in favor of a newer model? I nearly paid sticker on a lease in Sept 07 for an 08 RDX Tech model. 09 Tech are cheaper still. Eager to hear any experiences to help guide in the process.
    Are there better terms for the 36mo rdx base with 15k miles per year this new month?
    You're very welcome, tlinsc.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gasket100b. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates, even if you are trying to get into a newer version of the same vehicle. In order to do so, you need to purchase the RDX that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You probably will find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tlinsc. Honda Finance's March lease program for the 2009 RDX is very similar to its February program. It is still providing $2,500 dealer cash on this vehicle. Its residual values have dropped by 1%, but to help offset that Acura has enhanced its special lease money factor to .00215.

Car_man
    Host
  • p996p996 Member Posts: 56
    Can you please give me the RDX March rates for a 24/15000 lease and a 36 month as well.

Thanks!
  • jbpiperjbpiper Member Posts: 3
    I have been given the following offer that seems pretty solid to me:

- MSRP: $34,455
    - Invoice: $31,990.32
    - Purchase Price (Cap Cost): $28,950
    - Acquisition Fee (added to Cap Cost): $595
    - Actual Cap Cost: $29,545
    - Months: 36
    - Miles per year: 10K
    - Money Factor: 0.00215
    - Residual: 49%
    - Total Monthly Payment: $489.92
    - Drive-off (still confirming what is in here): $815.50

Interested in thoughts on this.
  • amgrouchy1amgrouchy1 Member Posts: 17
    anyone have the money factor and residual for a 2009 rdx with technology package? Assuming a 36 month term with 10k miles per year.

Existing Honda Finance customer with excellent credit...

Also if anyone has any recent price paid info for the SoCal (LA) area i'd appreciate it...

Thanks!
    Hi p996. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2009 Acura RDX with 15,000 miles per year are .00215 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00215 and 46%.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash that is available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, amgrouchy1. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura RDX Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00215 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Try stopping by the "Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • amgrouchy1amgrouchy1 Member Posts: 17
    Thank you ... have the rates changed at all for April for the same package? RDX w/ Tech pkg, 36 month lease at 10k miles per year.
  • drose3drose3 Member Posts: 3
    I have been dealing with a few NY dealers on an RDX base model, no tech package. This is where I am;

Selling price $29840. 36 months x 15K a year, .20 per mile overage.
    4995 down inclusive of taxes, all fees 1st month payment @ $418 a month. + dmv fees. Dealer said they could get me about $300 lower than this deal.

Sound good? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • mbrokernymbrokerny Member Posts: 10
    Drose, That sounds like a great monthly payment but the tax should be around 2500 which means you are paying close to 2k in fees which is a little high.

What dealer is this from, im looking for an rdx with NAV, wonder where they are on that?
    I'm down to 4670 down at 418 a month. (That is an all inclusive down payment, taxes, dmv, first month etc) This is at Curry Acura in Scarsdale (or nearby- Central Ave).

The nav was about $70 more a month, give or take, which is why I went without it. Seems a little high when a GPS on the dash can do just as good.

I think I am going to go with this deal.
    Just a comment. A GPS on the dash is NOT just as good. It won't work in Manhattan, the lower level of Verazzano, or Brooklyn-Battery tunnel. The built-in Nav knows your position even when the satellites are unavailable: it has access to the speedometer and a built-in compass. The rear-view camera is a great feature as well. The entire "all-in-one" look and feel (music quieting for nav commands, camera turning on when you switch to reverse, NO DANGLING WIRES) is certainly worth something. Whether it is worth extra $70 a month -- that's for you to decide.

As for the price, it seems too high given the current market conditions. I'm driving a 2008 RDX with nav for $469/month ($1300 down), inclusive of NYC taxes, leased in July of last year. People were still buying cars back then. :-) Honda is bound to issue some insentives very soon -- if they haven't yet. However, I'm just an amateur, so please be free to dismiss my opinion.
  • mbrokernymbrokerny Member Posts: 10
    I agree with drose, its the whole tech package. Im in the market now, looking at the rdx among others and the dealers keep trying to push me into handheld nav and dont seem to understand the backup camera is imperative while parking in NYC.

Drose, thats an awesome price, i was just quoted on Friday $599 w/tax for the same money upfront. I laughed at the guy. It makes no sense. Honda is offering the cash to dealer but the crappy residual and high MF are putting this car out of my reach even though its my first choice.

Where did you buy from?
    Af145,
    Granted GPS is not exactly as good, but I'll give you hint; If you are the lower level of the Verazzano and your signal is lost, one end is Staten Island, and the other end is Brooklyn! :)

mbrokerny,
    I signed the papers today, 4670 with nothing else added, 418 a month, base model rdx w/out nav. Curry Acura, Central Ave, Scarsdale. This was better than DCH in fishkill who wanted close to 5K uprfront. Also better than bedford acura. I think (hope) it was a good deal, but you never know.
    Drose,
    Of course, Verazzano is just one example. If you are familiar with the area and see (before entering Verazzano) that the Nav takes you to Belt, you don't need a command to get there. However, if you are in an unfamiliar area, and the next turn is somewhere under a bridge or right after a tunnel, you are doomed. I know what I'm talking about -- I have used a Garmin for 2 years. On the other hand, like I said, if you don't think the conenience of a built-in NAV+camera is worth an extra 2.5 grand (70x3 years) -- that's your choice.

I tried Curry Acura and even gave them a deposit, but they failed to deliver a blue car like I wanted. I also had a good offer from Troy @ Park Ave Acura, but he couldn't find a blue car either. I finally went with a dealership 200 miles from NYC: Feder's Acura, the guy's name is Steve.
    No problem, grouch. Acura's April lease program for the 2009 RDX is exactly the same as its March program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • rlee6rlee6 Member Posts: 1
    how much can i expect if i were interested in leasing acura rdx w/ no tech package?

I am looking for
    10K a year
    and as little money down as possible

I did lease a TL before(still have it but just finished my term) and about to go back to acura dealer to see what they can do for me.
    but my problem is, my credit score is only about 660... what kind of money can i expect? can someone do a calculation for me? what i should expect and how to negotiate at my situation?

thanks a ton!!!!!

ps: I am in NJ, but my TL dealer was in PA.... would love to get same benefit by going to acura dealer in PA but if NJ can do same for me .. that would be great too
This discussion has been closed.