Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• yamadr6yamadr6 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man or anyones help will be greatly appreciated.
    Here is what I will like.
    SH-AWD with Tech
    I will also like to have the 19" rims, roof rack, mud guards, all weather mats, wheel locks and sport running boards.
    Should I buy or is it a better deal to lease at this time? (with the option to buy the lease out if I am happy with the car).
    I have perfect credit and currently own a 2007 TSX -Tech and I love the car.
    What deals do Acura have now?
    Should I wait until next month?
    Is the 2010 worth the wait?
    I am confused. Please help

Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello yamadr6. Acura's current lease program for the 2009 RDX isn't bad. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for this model is .00186. That's equivalent to an interest rate of just under 4.5%. Its residual values are a little on the low side, but they're not terrible. The $2,500 dealer cash that's available on this model makes up for this residual value weakness.

Acura's current lease program runs through July 6th. While it's possible that Acura could make an unscheduled revision to its lease program, more likely it will be exactly the same next month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hurls65hurls65 Member Posts: 6
    Car man, I admit some ignorance on lease rates. :)

If I have good credit and am already pre-approved by Acura/Honda financial (coming off another lease), is there a reason my dealer should be quoting me.00215 money factor on this car?

Or are they just taking a profit that they're hiding in the lease interest payments?
    Hi hurls65. Perhaps the person who you spoke with at the dealership is confused. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 MDX is .00215 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier. The buy rate for the 2009 RDX is .00186. If your credit score is in the 700s, make sure that the dealer uses the .00186 factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • nocntysdnocntysd Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone confirm Acura's current lease program on the RDX. We are looking at the AWD + tech package. I have read the money factor is .00186 (thru July 6th) and there is $2500 dealer cash on this car. Is that correct? Also what is the residual value on 36 month lease with 10k per year? I think I saw 52% somewhere, but that seems low. Thanks.
    Greetings nocntysd. The money factor that you mentioned is correct. The dealer cash is right as well.

Honda Finance's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 RDX Tech with 10,000 miles per year is actually only 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • drumikdrumik Member Posts: 12
    Hey Car_man,

Do you know what is current current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 RDX Tech with 10,000 ?

As well as 12,000 and 15,000 miles

Thank you
  • drumikdrumik Member Posts: 12
    Acura got back to me

residuals are 47% at 12000 miles and 45% at 15000 miles
    Money factor 0.02850 :mad:

It doesn't make any sense to lease it

Let see what August brings us
    Hi drumik. Unfortunately, what you heard is about right. For some reason, Honda decided to pull the plug on its lease support for all Honda division trucks and the Acura RDX in July. As a result, leasing one right now is not a very good deal. I believe that this lack of lease support is scheduled to run through early September, though manufacturers do sometimes make unscheduled changes to their programs. I'll ask around and see if Acura made any revisions for August. If it hasn't and you really want a new SUV, you probably should consider going with a different model.

Car_man
    Host
  • pescepesce Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man. Has there been any movement on the RDX lease rates? I am interested in a 2010 RDX SH-AWD with Technology Package and was wondering what the money factor and residial value numbers are. Thanks.
    Hi pesce. Acura just introduced its new September lease program yesterday. Its new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RDX SH-AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • btedstrombtedstrom Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the average discount from MSRP on a 2010 RDX SH-AWD w/Tech?
  • stvjohnsnstvjohnsn Member Posts: 1
    Do you know how much the RDX dealer incentive money is with the new program?

Also, do you know the residual and money factor for the base RDX, 36mo, 10k miles?

Thanks
  • tnoxidtnoxid Member Posts: 3
    For those that are interested:

I just received a quote for an Acura RDX AWD with Tech:

Price: $36390
    Residual: 52%
    Money Factor: 0.00160
    Money Down: $902 (includes first payment / tax / tag)
    Monthly: 618.99

I'm in S. Florida. Personally I think that's a bit high - Based on those numbers I'd expect the lease to be somewhere in the region of $545. Thoughts anyone?
    Hey stvjohnsn. Acura is not providing any dealer cash on the 2010 RDX right now.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base '10 RDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • emmageeemmagee Member Posts: 3
    My wife is considering leasing a base front wheel drive RDX. Does anyone know if there are going to be any lease specials and/or dealer incentives for November?

Thanks!
  • geohovgeohov Member Posts: 23
    OK, I got talked into a lease. Here it is
    2010 RDX AWD Tech Pack
    36 months
    15k miles
    First payment and license and doc fees paid ~$900 is all I gave them
    $640/month
    I was going to trade in my 2006 Suburu Forester for $12,000. With the lease they wrote me a check for $12,000. Now that I liked. Putting into a good mutual fund for 3 years and then I'll know how good this deal was.
    Hi emmagee. Acura is running a special lease on the 2010 RDX in November, but its money factor on this truck isn't anything to write home about.

Its Nov. buy rate lease money factor for this truck of .00200 is equivalent to an interest rate of around 4.8%. That's not bad, but it isn't going to rock anyone's world either.

Car_man
    Host
  • emmageeemmagee Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, Car Man, I appreciate it!

Do you know if Acura is offering any dealer incentive cash or just the reduced MF?

Thanks again!
  • roadwarrior6roadwarrior6 Member Posts: 21
    if you can hold out till December/January the deals will be better
  • pentimentospentimentos Member Posts: 12
    Our RDX will be coming off the lease in a few months. We would like to lease something different....which is why we lease, as it gives us the chance to have different cars.

However, Acura does not have another vehicle that meets our needs. MDX and ZDX are too large. I love the TL, but as the rear seats do not fold down, that is a deal breaker. The center pass through does not quite cut it for what we need.

That said, this is our fourth leased car...and each one we have traded in and as the residual was higher than the buy out (as is the case with the RDX), we in turn got very good lease deals.

However, I have received lease end info from Acura in the mail that indicates that our only options are to
    1) Turn the car in to an Acura dealer and lease or buy another Acura
    2) Turn it in and walk away
    3) Buy the car.

However, it specifically states that only WE can buy the car....no one else.

Yes...this is in the lease paperwork..and yes, we should have read it more closely...but since this had never been an issue four times before (granted with four different makes, none Honda or Acura) it did not even occur to me to check that portion .

That said, does anyone know if this means that I can't trade it in for a new leased car of another make when the lease is up to a non-Acura/Honda dealership? Or, since the lease does not state that it can't be "traded", is that the out?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You can always trade in your lease to any dealer, regardless of the wording of your lease..

Assuming you have any equity... If you don't, there isn't much point... just turn it in...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You're very welcome, emmagee. Acura is not currently providing any dealer cash on the 2010 RDX, but it does have a special lease program on it. Though its "special" .00200 money factor for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier isn't really all that special. It's equivalent to an interest rate of around 4.8%.

Car_man
    Host
  • poorboytoopoorboytoo Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know the lease money factor and residual values for the Acura RDX AWD? Need 10,000, 12,000 and 15,000 mile values. Also, do these values change depending front WD, AWD or tech packages?
    Greetings poorboytoo. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holidays.

Through January 4th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RDX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "'Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher and 10k resids are 3% higher.

Acura is scheduled to introduce an all-new lease program some time tomorrow. Please let me know if you want an update.

Car_man
    Host
    Our 2007 RDX has a buy back of 19,189. It just turned 29K, gently used, maintained on schedule, never a mechanical problem, in excellent condition. Edmund's, 24,178, Galves 21, 025, KBB at 23,650. I am also aware that dealers generally get a better buy back price than the consumer.

Dealerships have them listed for sale, with more mileage than ours at up to 28K, w/o tech.

Without even seeing the car, stating that even if it is in excellent condition, the dealership from which we leased it has said that it is worth nothing over the buy back.

Other dealers have said they would credit for the trade, but understandably won't say how much until they see the car.
    I don't want to run all over the state if I am being shined on by the other dealers.

It seems to me that there is profit to be made by the dealer on the car.......and that they would lease more cars without this stance.

We traded in our last two vehicles for out last two cars, with decent trade-in credit on both.

Is there some other issue at work here of which I am unaware?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If you are going to lease another vehicle then there probably isn't much equity. The galves says 21 which is only 2k above your buyout. If you want to trade it in on a car purchase, then you might be able to hammer out a trade-in allowance above your buyout obligation. Shop hard on the price and throw in the trade after you get a firm price. Don't disclose your buyout -- act like you have it payed off. Obviously it won't work at the dealer you already visited. They don't appear to be all that interested in your RDX.
    Right now it is a buyers market. When you look to trade then you are acting from the sellers position. Good news and bad news.
    Thanks for the advice jayrider. I have tried not discussing buyback...but as soon as I ask about trade allowance for out of pocket, they go to their little book.

I do understand that it is a buyers market, and I am a "seller"...but so is the dealer....and with car sales the lowest they have been since '82 even with far more drivers, one would think they would be a tad more motivated to move inventory.

Hopefully I will find one who actually wants to lease a new RDX on a reasonable basis...as opposed to keeping the entire 10K or so that they stands to make on the deal.

On the flip side, Mercedes offered us 4k on a 2010 C that retails for over 40K.
    Of course, its a crapshoot to get a Benz that actually works consistently...so that may be a factor.

That said, without those who lease, and without better lease offers, most of the 2010's will remain on the showroom floor as pretty dust collectors.
    MB seems to be about average on new model reliability. I wouldn't be afraid to own one under warranty. The rdx is on my look list next year. Was it a blast to drive or just real nice. My murano is nice but I'm looking for a bit of edge and luxury in the next ride. Infinity/bmw maybe mb but even cpo's can be pricy --do like the E 4matic. The rdx reviews well -- has more than enough room -- what's the real life report?
    We had a 2002 Benz. Worst car we ever owned. The dealership was my home away from home. I susequently found out that they were having huge reliability problems across the board. I am therefore Benz shy.
    We paid to get rid of it...

That said, I found it interesting that Benz values our Acura and Acura doesn't....
    I do wonder why.
    Wouldn't judge an 2010 by your 02 but I guess MB wants to sell you a car. Maybe infinity will want to sell too. Kind of like rolling dice. Have anything on your experience with the RDX?
    Our RDX has been problem free from day one, which is why we would like to lease another...however, we also don't want to be taken to the cleaners in the process.

The only negative is that I feel that they could have done a better job in calibrating the speed sensitive steering. IMO, it needs to be tighter than it is at highway speed.
    It was a different world re leasing in 07. Things got real bad last year but seem to be improving a bit on some models. Check ridewithg.com for info on competitive leases and poor leases by make and model.
    Will do...thanks for the info. I have another month or so to shop, so hopefully by then I will find a deal that is fair.
  • baron4baron4 Member Posts: 4
    Car man: Please provide current (1-12-2010) Honda Finance's lease money factors and residual values for a 36 & 42 month lease of a 2010 Acura RDX AWD (w & w/o Tech) for 10k and 12k miles per year with 720+ credit score. Thanks!
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    Car man - as always, your info and numbers are very much appreciated. Can you please let me know the MF and residual on the 2010 MDX with only tech package? I am looking for a 3 year and 15k mile lease. Thanks in advance

Tony
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    I'm also looking for what Acura is currently offering on the RDX. Would be 36 months and 18,000 miles/year. Open to other lease terms depending on where the "sweet spot" of value is.
    Hi baron4. Here's the information that you're looking for. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RDX AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00158 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

You really don't want to lease this vehicle for more than 36 months. That's the longest term that its special money factors are available for. If you lease it for more than that, you will end up having to pay a higher money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Tony. Wrong "DX" :) . This is the RDX lease discussion. I'll answer your recent MDX question here, but please post any future questions about leasing one over in the "Acura MDX Lease Questions" discussion. Thanks.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi waltaz. According to the latest information that I have seen, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RDX AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00158 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Acura publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    edited February 2010
    Getting quotes of $500 (inc tax) for a sign and drive lease (no other out of pocket other than 1st mo pmt) and the basic front wheel drive (No NAV) model.

No CAP cost reduction either.

3 yr 36k lease.

I told them I would not do the deal at $460 and now they seem to have some wiggle room. Am trying to figure out what the absolute lowest monthly payment I could get. Seems like $425 would be the absolute floor at a high volume dealer if I were to walk in the last day of the month.

Am I accurate on this?
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Hi Car_Man

Sorry to bug you so much lately. I've narrowed my choices down to three vehicles.

What are the March MFs and Residuals on an Acura RDX, 36 month, 12K miles per year.

Thanks!
    Hey timmboj. It's no bother at all. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 RDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00154 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rnmomrnmom Member Posts: 32
    thinking of a lease was wondering if Acura has a customer loyalty program
    T his will be my family's 4 th lease... Looking for only 10k a year no nav...
    also must you use only premium gas ...
    It seems that there are few leasing programs out there. The Hyundai Tuscan was over 450 per month....
    Hi rnmom. Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge Acura is not currently running any loyalty offers, other than perhaps the waiver of its security deposit requirement on leases for returning lessees.

Car_man
    Host
  • maxmaxmaxmaxmaxmax Member Posts: 1
    did you go thru w/ the RDX lease? If so, may I ask how low you got it?
    thx
  • rene44rene44 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All....
    New to the Forum so please excuse my lack of knowledge.. I have 2 leases expiring this year..One in June and the other in November..I'll hang on 2 t/Nov one 4 now..So I'm looking to perhaps lease the 2010 Base RDX model..Would like to Lease for 36 mts 12k a year and NO $ Down with Hopefully no more then $400 a month! Do u think this is doable?? I just rec'd a Quote from a NJ Dealer for $30,102....Can u please indicate if this is a fair price and also if my requirments are within the ballpark?? thxs very much..
  • z5470z5470 Member Posts: 28
    I am looking for a 2010 RDX with tech package AWD in the Denver area. 12 K per year.
    I need a great price to go on. I will be coming to Denver in june and have two days to make a deal with a dealership. Does anyone have a price that I should be asking for? 36 months 12k per year.
    Thanks.
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2010
    Also looking for a AWD RDX no Nav but my situation has a twist.

I have an 07' MDX with 3 months left on lease and almost 5800 miles over (bought 51K have 56,800). Westchester Acura (Larchmont NY) offered me 480/mo. for 10K/36 months. They will take my 07' and bury the remaining 2K I still owe (lease payments) into the lease. I'm trying to determine if it makes sense to go with it buried in the lease, pay it outright to Amer. Honda to lower my monthly payments, or wait another month which will cost me another 360./mo. in overages (Acura Loyalty program offers 1/2 off your miles up to 15K miles and no security deposit if you lease another Acura) as I'm doing 1800. miles a month at .20 a mile over.

Anyone have a thought as to the best route to take? If I wait another month that 480/mo. will go to 460. or pay it all and it goes to 420.

Thanks in advance...

Bo
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2010
    I would get it turned in ASAP given your mileage predicament. If it was me I would pay the overage directly to Honda/Acura and do a straight lease deal. Your paying interest and tax on that overage if its buried into the Lease (could be a few hundred dollars worth). Most people dont know that so if you have the $$ now I would pay direct. Plus you have more negotiation leverage if its a straight lease. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.