Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi tl10. Here's the lease program information that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura RDX AWD with Tech ad 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease everywhere but in California.

As far as the price that you were quoted goes. I haven't seen the dealer invoice price for the 2011 RDX yet, but there is probably a spread of around $2,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The MSRP of an '11 RDX AWD with Tech is $38,580. The selling price that you mentioned is a $2,150 discount off of MSRP, which looks like a very good deal to me.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses the buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lchillin24lchillin24 Member Posts: 14
    What is included in your out of pocket expense?
  • tl10tl10 Member Posts: 46
    Thanks Car_man
    First month payment, cap cost, acquisition fee.
  • apdspiderapdspider Member Posts: 61
    I need numbers...
    MF
    RV
    2010 and 2011 RDX base, 36 months, 10K miles.

I have 3 months left on my TL, Acura is taking it back without negative equity. Thanks
    You're very welcome, tl10.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go apdspider.

Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease everywhere but in California.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00126 and 59%.

Acura is providing $1,000 dealer cash on the 2010 model, but no cash incentives on the 2011 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Acura RDX w/ Tech. Internet price is $34,772.00. I receive a quote for a 36 month lease deal, 10k miles a yr, $3,000.00 total out of pocket for $444.00/mo. Is this a good deal? Does anyone have the money factor, residual value that would help me out? Thanks
  • pholliephollie Member Posts: 45
    Not sure of how many miles I'll be driving. To save monthly, would you get a lease on a high residual car like the RDX with potentially too few miles and plan to buy it or trade it in at the end or would you just pony up and get more miles now so you're covered--even if you end up not quite using each mile? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    I would never get a lease, knowing that I would substantially exceed the included mileage allowance.. If you have a big overage at the end of term, it can often reduce your viable options for exiting the lease..

That said, I might underestimate my mileage, slightly... so, I didn't pay for more than I needed..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi tl10. The dealer invoice price of the 2011 Acura RDX with Tech is $34,097. That means that the selling price that you were quoted is around $675 over invoice, which isn't bad.

Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RXD with Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • laureltonlaurelton Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    2011 Acura RDX ( no awd & no tech package) Base model
    Selling Price 31912
    Miles 12,000 year
    RV 19,418
    Rent Charge 2355
    Monthly 429.00

This is my first lease, unfortunately I didn't know about this site until after I picked up the car. Can some one please let me know how I did ?
  • gabingabin Member Posts: 2
    hey car man can you get me money factor for tier 1 preferred for zdx 36 month 12k lease along with the resid val. thanks so much really appreciate the help
    Hey gabin. I'll head on over and post an answer to this question in the ZDX lease discussion. See you there.

Car_man
    Host
  • hokieacurahokieacura Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

I'm a long time stalker but first time poster. This forum has been a really helpful resource for me so I'm more than happy to share my experience. I just took delivery on a 2011 Grigio Metallic/Taupe RDX AWD with Tech Package in the Northern VA area. Here's the breakdown of my 36 month lease @ 10k miles per year:

MSRP: $38,580
    Gross Cap Cost (Selling Price): Was $35,931 but dealer ate the first month's payment so final came to $35,482
    Residual: 58% (or $22,376.40)
    Money Factor: .00126
    Out of Pocket: $2,207.73 ($10 title fees, $451.75 registration, $595 acquisition fee, $1150.98 VA 3% tax)

Again, I didn't pay first month's payment because dealer took care of it, so I have 35 payments of $449.

Additionally, the dealer took care of the overage fees on a TSX lease I was turning in (only 500 miles over and Acura waves half anyways so not a big deal, but still nice of them).

All in all, I'm very satisfied and the dealership experience was phenomenal. Thanks again for all the awesome knowledge everyone shares on here!
    Congratulations on getting your new RDX, hokieacura. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. As I am sure you have found, real-world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    Car man - our RDX lease is up in December but we got a letter from Acura saying we could end early if we leased another Acura. I'm thinking we are better off waiting until December as I think that's the month for the years best deals. Am I right?
    Hi sandy25. Acura's current lease program for the MDX is scheduled to run through the end of the year, but...one never knows Acura might make an unscheduled enhancement to it next month. I personally would probably wait until the scheduled end of my lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
  • zoomeerangzoomeerang Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

What are the current MF and residual for a 2011 RDX AWD w/ tech in Washington State? Looking at 15k miles/year.

Also, What are the lease terms for a 2010 CPO RDX?

Thanks,
    Hi zoomeerang. Cool name. Here's the information that you're interested in.

Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year in Washington are .00136 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I don't keep tabs on the lease programs for used vehicles, so unfortunately I cannot help you out there.

Car_man
    Host
  • zoomeerangzoomeerang Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot Car Man..

Do you know the MF and residual for those that qualify for "Preferred" but not "Superpreferred"?

My FICO scores are about 680-690 so I want to be prepared in case they don't qualify me for superpreferred (which they did back in 2007 with similar scores).

Thanks,
    Zoomerang
  • amacrisamacris Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan,

I've been watching this forum hoping for an update, but haven't seen anything lately.

Looking to lease a 2011 RDX with Tech Package in FL. Wondering what super preferred money factors and residuals are for 10k a year, 36 months in December. Also, what a good target price is.

Also, my lease is running out on '08 TL that will be 10k under mileage on a 3-year, 12k lease. What value can I get out of this? And how do I go about that? Can I work this equity into the deal?

thanks,
    Andrew
    Good question, zoomeerang. I'll look into that and see what I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Andrew. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura RDX Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00136 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Unfortunately, the fact that you are significantly under your leased vehicle's mileage allowance probably will not benefit you during your negotiations for your new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    my RDX lease just ended and Acura will allow you to carry unused miles forward if you lease another Acura. Or, had you been over, they would cut the number in half.
  • subadrewsubadrew Member Posts: 6
    How'd I do CarMan?

Got the 2011 RDX Tech Package.

Dealer had already added wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards, pin stripe, protection package and nitrogen. Total sticker was $38,256.95.

Got for $34,033
    .00126 Money Factor (special 0 down mf)
    58% residual
    10k per year

$0 down, dealer makes first payment
    Plus dealer picked up my last payment on the 2008 TL of $458.70.

35 payments of $489.41, TTL included
  • bullsmentor123bullsmentor123 Member Posts: 11
    Is it AWD or RWD?
  • subadrewsubadrew Member Posts: 6
    Guess i have two accounts ;)

It wasn't the all wheel drive model. I have an 2010 outback (hence the other screen name) so no need for that. Great deal from Robert at Duval Acura in Jacksonville fl. At least I thought it was.
    Hey subadrew. The dealer invoice price of the vehicle that you got is $34,097. That's right around the selling price that you were given. The money factor that you were given looks good as well. I think that you got a very good deal.

Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • markonline007markonline007 Member Posts: 47
    Hi Car Man,

Could you provide the January lease rates on the Acura RDX FWD with Technology Package on a 36 month lease with 15K miles per year?

Thank you,
    Mark
    I'd be happy to help you out, Mark.

Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lase of a 2011 RDX FWD with the Technology Package and 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively everywhere but in California.

When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • calirdx2011calirdx2011 Member Posts: 3
    I am negotiating on the above. I was quoted money factor of 0.00108, residual factor 57%. Do you know if this will change, go up or down as Feb 1, 2011? The model & color I want will not be available until mid Feb.
  • calirdx2011calirdx2011 Member Posts: 3
    added info: I am negotiating on the above. I was quoted money factor of 0.00108, residual factor 57%. Do you know if this will change, go up or down as Feb 1, 2011? The model & color I want will not be available until mid Feb.

The deal is for 10,000 miles/yr x 3. The basis of negotiation is the $0 down, $0 first payment, $0 drive off etc. currently being offered on the FWD Tech RDX. I got the cap cost down somewhat. I also am having the last three lease payments on my 2008 RDX paid by the dealer. I am pretty sure I am in the Super duper tier of credit. Any suggestions out there!
    Hi calirdx2011. Acura's current lease program is scheduled to run through the end of February.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcullen1pcullen1 Member Posts: 41
    CarMan,

Could you please provide the February Residuals and Money factor on the 2011 RDX w/Tech AWD in Northern Nevada and California. 12,000 and 15,000 miles/year

Thanks
    I'd be happy to help you out, pcullen1.

Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX Tech AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00099 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier in California and .00118 / 54% in all other states.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • wolverine40wolverine40 Member Posts: 1
     Hi Car Man,

I just received this offer from an Acura Dealer in the Chicago area: Can you provide feedback on whether this is a good deal? This is for 12K per year, 36 months:

AWD Non-Tech:
    Vehicle Price: $33,238.54
    Gross Cap Cost $36,962.39 (includes taxes.)
    Residual: $20,578.40
    Money Factor: 0.00118
    Money due at signing: $925.58
    Payment: $564.85
    Hi wolverine40. The selling price that you were quoted is right around dealer invoice minus the available incentives. That is a very good deal. The money factor looks good as well. If you like the RDX, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • sjcrockettsjcrockett Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all for sharing ... very helpful site.

Picked up my new RDX yesterday in Orlando FL....36 Month Lease, $3,800 down, 12K mileage, $394/month (tax included). Also includes installed Protection Package.

I LOVE THIS VEHICLE.
  • straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2011
    CARMAN--Are the MF/RV numbers different WITHOUT THE TECH PACKAGE? on a base RDX FWD. I'm in the market for 12kmile/36month RDW FWD in California.

re Posted above : "36 month lase of a 2011 RDX FWD with the Technology Package and 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%"

Can you post the March info when it comes out? thank you.
    Congratulations on getting your new RDX, sjcrockett. I'm glad that you found this site so helpful. Thanks for taking the time to share your payment with everyone. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi straightdope. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 RDX FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • toenlo36toenlo36 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2011
    Car Man,

Can you tell me what the residual and money factor is for a base RDX FWD, NON TECH PKG for 10,000 miles a year on the super prefered credit tier in NY? Thanks

Our current lease offer from our dealer is
    RDX FWD
    Dealer invoice was $31,247.52
    .00159 money factor
    57% residual
    Taxes / Tags / First payment due at signing
    35 payments at $416.54

Just wanted to check the residual on 10k vs 12k a year.

Thanks,
    toenlo
    Hi toenlo. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money.

Acura's residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher than its 12k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • ccjw511ccjw511 Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car_man,
    Could you provide the March lease rates on the Acura RDX FWD with Technology Package on a 36 month lease with 12K miles per year?

Thanks.
  • carhelpplscarhelppls Member Posts: 2
    Car-Man Can you give me the RV and money factor for this vehicle with 15K miles and 39 months???
    Here you go ccjw511. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RDX FWD with Technology and 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello carhelppls. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 RDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • cesarcoralcesarcoral Member Posts: 5
    Carman,
    I'm looking at a 2011 AWD RDX w/Tech. 36 months/10,000 miles.

What is the residual and money factor for April?

Thanks in advance!

Cesar
  • jmpesqjmpesq Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Mr. Carman,

Wife and I are looking at a 2011 AWD RDX (w/o tech package) for 36 months/10,000 miles.

Can you please give us the residual and money factor for April?

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.