Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You certainly can cdb68. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 RDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ante148ante148 Member Posts: 10
    Hi-

I've been looking for a 2009/10 RDX prefer Tech model. I'm interested in buying someone's car off lease and paying you. I live in the New York area, if interested please let me know.

Most local dealerships are offering 2009 RDX Techs in the $26.5-28K range. If you leased your car with a ~52% residual buyout than that is considerably cheaper.

Thanks.
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Hi Carman,

Would you please provide me with the money factor and residual for the 2013 Base RDX. This would be for 36 months and 10k per year. Thanks.
  • rkgriffinrkgriffin Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

Looking for the MF and residual for 2013 AWD Tech model. 36 months/12k miles. Anyone else able to share what they were able to get on this model?

Thanks!
    Hi ajpbf7. Sorry for the delay in my response, I was away on vacation for a while. Here's the information that you are looking for.

Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rkgriffin. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rkgriffinrkgriffin Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Car-man! I am assuming that your post is for the 2013 model and the 2012 is a typo?
  • pvilleshopperpvilleshopper Member Posts: 1
    Initial quote from local dealership in Northeast Ohio for 2013 RDX AWD w/ Tech

Selling price, MSRP, and cap cost are all the same, 40,305

42 months
    10,000 miles per year
    581.00 per month
    1738.56 tax
    595.00 bank fee
    283.50 doc. fees

3210.19 total due at signing

12.18/mo. for 12k/yr.

Money factor is .00230

Residual is 21,361.65 or 53%

The residual is quite a bit lower than the quote carman gave for a 2013 RDX base above. Money factor also looks high. Is this the dealer trying to make money or are the numbers significantly worse for this model?
  • crw7096crw7096 Member Posts: 21
    True, your residual is lower. However, that is to be expected since you plan to have the vehicle for an additional 6 months. Older vehicle + more miles = more depreciation = less residual value.

Honestly at that price and time, you may be better off purchasing the vehicle.
    Good catch, rkgriffin, you're absolutely right that was for the 2013 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    Hi, Carman, what is the current May lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2013 RDX with 12000 miles per year? thanks.
  • ashley_sashley_s Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Carman can you please provide MF and residual for 2013 RDX basemodel 36 months with 15k miles?

Thank you!
    Hi radoncgs. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 RDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ashley_s. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • winmillwinmill Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan

My local dealer states that the May rate for 2013 RDX AWD with Tech is 58% and MF .00165. What source is providing the 63% residual you are seeing? I want to quote this source to my dealer. I would like to think I qualify for 'super preferred' credit.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    The residual that Car_man gave was for a base model...

Higher trim lines generally have lower percentage residuals.

The residual is one variable that the dealer has no control over, so it's not likely they are giving you bad information or trying to make any extra money, there.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mizzhannahmizzhannah Member Posts: 1
    I've never leased before, so I don't know exactly what the money rate and residual rates refer to or how they affect the price I should pay. I'm looking to lease a 2013 RDX AWD w/tech package, 12,000 miles. What is the best lease deal I can get with $0 down? I saw mention on Edmunds of an incentive for May, where the dealer picks up the first month's lease. True??

Also, I see that lease deals vary by month. Should I wait for June 1 or will I get the best deal now?

Please help a newbie.
    Hi mizzhannah. I am not aware of any incentive where Acura is waiving the first month's payment on the 2013 RDX.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Acura's June programs for the '13 RDX are exactly the same as its May program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • r_rebuffor_rebuffo Member Posts: 3
    just came back from some rdx shopping this past weekend. I live in Miami, Fl. here are my experiences from two dealers, and just to let you know...

i am 23 years old, first time purchasing car without a cosign, never had any prior knowledge of leasing (residual, money factor, etc.) lol.... my crdit is 700+

i read about 2 pages of leasing guides on this site so i had very little knowledge when going into dealers.. didnt about money factor, residual or any other factors. ... here are the prices i received. i thought good credit was all i needed.

1st dealer ... 13 RDX BASE 36m lease was asking for 2,000 down/ 460 month taxes included

2nd " " ..... 36m 2,500 down/ 454.00 month with taxes included.(after much haggle)

I didnt ask for money factor or the residual %, as i wasnt aware that these numbers determined price. the 2nd dealer i went to told me price of sticker was not negotiable since the rdx is "hot item" and has been out for 2 months..

in all i didnt purchase anything i felt i was gettin ripped off. wat do you guys think.
  • maxpower02maxpower02 Member Posts: 103
    When you calculate the lease using the lease calculator, do you use the MSRP, or the selling price of the vehicle to determine the residual value. I am interested in a 13'RDX AWD/w Tech pkg . The MSRP is, with destination. $40,315. If I negotiate a better price, say $1,500 off MSRP=$38,815, is that the number that goes into the calculation.

I am new to leasing, read everything about it, but am unsure which number I should use. Thank you for any help you can give me.
    Hi r_rebuffo. The 2013 RDX may have only been out for a couple of months, but I would hardly call it a "hot" vehicle. I'm sure that if you give the dealer that was not willing to discount this vehicle will change their tune. I personally would pay $500 to $750 over invoice for an RDX, that's it. There's enough great vehicles out there that can be had in that range, there's no reason to pay more for an RDX.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi maxpower02. Vehicle's residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge.

The selling price is used to calculate the interest portion of your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • honprelhonprel Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Need some help to see if I'm getting a good deal. Was offered a 3 year lease deal of 3k down, 550/month including tax for a 2013 RDX 2WD w/ Tech package. This is for 15k miles a year. Anyone have some insight or have the same lease and what they got. much appreciated.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Good Morning Carman,

We just drove a base RDX (front wheel drive and no extras) and it is now on our short list. The salesman said the then current deals on the RDX were set to expire on Sept 4th.

Do you happen to have the new MF and residuals - specifically, we are looking at a 36 month lease with either 10k or 12k annually.

I am guessing they will get more aggressive - Acura and Honda, when they release new product generally keep the price pretty high initially to gauge consumer interest.

Thanks and have a good weekend,
    Greetings albert72. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 base RDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I suspect as well that the RDX's lease money factors will improve as the model year progresses.

Car_man
    Host
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Car Man. Got delayed a bit but our first choice will be the RDX. Can you tell me if the info from your Sept 11 post is still current? I have done a cut and paste with the info you provided in that post below. I appreciate your help.

Base RDX with front wheel drive:

"Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 base RDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. "

Also, any idea if it is reasonable to get the car at invoice?

Last question, we have no plan B yet if we cannot get the RDX at an acceptable price. Any other suggestions for an upscale SUV that is similar in size?

Thank you again and I will post details once we get a car.
    You're welcome albert72. Acura's September lease program for the 2013 RDX remains unchanged in October.

I doubt that you will be able to negotiate a selling price of straight dealer invoice on a 2013 RDX, but I suppose that stranger things have happened.

Have you checked out the Lexus RX? It's a fairly similar vehicle in many respects.

Car_man
    Host
    Car man,

Can I also get the MF and residual for an all wheel drive RDX (without the NAV). Looking at 36 months and either 10k or 12k per year.

Seems like there are not a lot of the front wheel drive RDX's on the lot so I need to have a plan B.

Thank you,
    Here you go albert72. Acura Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX AWD without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man,

Going to need to bug you again. I did not realize that the headlights for the non-tech RDX are halogen and having HID lights really helps me at night.

So then,

can you tell me the MF and residual for the RDX on a 3 yr. 36k lease and would these #s be the same for a front and AWD? If not, if you can give me the front wheel drive with tech that would work.

Also - any guess if the numbers would become more favorable in Nov or Dec?

Lastly, can you or other readers comment on the tech package draining the battery? I thought I had heard of some people having batteries go dead if car is left for a few days without starting it up - not a good thing when leaving the car for a week at the airport.

Thanks again for all of your help.
  • af145af145 Member Posts: 31
    I can comment on the battery. I have a 2008 RDX with Tech. In the 4 years I owned it, there were times when it was left alone for weeks. At least once we left for 2 weeks for Christmas and found it buried in the snow upon coming back. Never once there was any issue with starting it. Overall, both my wife and I love the car.
  • rx3304merx3304me Member Posts: 12
    Hello there,

I walked away from the following quote from a dealer on a RDX 2013 FWD Tech package.

Price = $36400
    Down pmnt = $5000 (includes first month lease pmnt)
    Monthly = $411/mo
    MF= 0.00170
    Residual = 0.59
    36K miles over 3 yr lease

Let me know if this is not the best deal or if it is then i will go back and sign it.

Thanks in advance.
    It's no bother at all albert72. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It's difficult to say what this vehicle's lease program will be like in November and December, but it seems to me as though deals typically get better in the final months of the year as manufacturers attempt to hit sales targets. Of course only time will tell what Acura's programs will be like on the RDX in the coming months, but I personally wouldn't be in any hurry to pull the trigger on one in October. The current program certainly isn't anything to write home about.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello rx3304me. I guess that you're switching from Lexus to Acura :).

The money factor and residual value that you were quoted on this car are right on the money. That's always a good sign.

Let's take a look at the selling price. The dealer invoice price of a 2013 Acura RDX FWD Tech is $36,565. The selling price that you were quoted is below invoice...which is a very good deal on a vehicle that does not currently have any cash incentives available on it.

Overall, this looks like an outstanding deal. The only aspect of it that I would change is the down payment. I always advise consumers to put as little money down as possible when leasing. I do so because consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher you're better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man.
    Yes I'm switching to Acura...

Now here is another twist. I called 4 other dealerships in the area and only one dealer called me back saying that he has one vehicle in stock that he can offer the lease for selling price of $35500 (even lower than the $36400 quoted by first dealer i talked to).

He kept saying it's a huge stretch but he can make it happen. All other terms are the same (12k miles, MF=0.00170, Residual = 0.59 and $5k down).
    Now my question is why would he do it for such a low sell price ? Or is there a catch somewhere that i need to look out for?

Thanks again!
    You're welcome rx3304me. A selling price of well below dealer invoice is an excellent deal on this truck. If the money factor is exactly the same (that's one other potential profit center) then the only place that I can think of where the dealer can pad your deal is trying to add on a huge doc fee or some sort of dealer-stalled options that you really don't want like VIN etching, pin stripes, etc...

As long as the lease program is the same and they aren't adding any fluff charges to your deal, go with this new dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • fugazzi24fugazzi24 Member Posts: 8
    Car_Man could you help me with this question.

Acura RDX 2013/Tech Package Lease

36month, 15K Lease

Selling Price $ 37,960 , MSRP is $ 40,315.

Residual 56%, MF is .00165,

I think I can do a little better on the MF but other than that is seems like a pretty good deal.

$1500 due at signing, including taxes, title, ins.

Monthly payment about of $550 a month, I would love to get this payment under $500.

Thanks
    Hi fugazzi24. the .00165 money factor is right on the money. There really isn't any lease support on this model right now.

As far as this truck's price goes, its dealer invoice price is $37,860. So it looks like you're at only $100 over invoice on a vehicle that does not currently have any cash incentives on it.

This looks like a great deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • fugazzi24fugazzi24 Member Posts: 8
    Thank You Car_Man, I appreciate your time.
    I don't know what the current rates and deals going on for 2013 RDX Leases but here's what i ended up getting by end of October for my RDX lease.

Acura RDX 2013/Tech Package Lease [ In Northern CA]

36month, 12K Lease
    Selling Price $ 35,500, MSRP is $ 40,315.
    Residual 59%, MF is .00165,
    $5000 due at signing, including taxes, title, 1st payment included.
    Then i sold my older vehicle and recovered $4k.
    You're very welcome fugazzi24.

Car_man
    Host
  • illiproillipro Member Posts: 80
    can anyone help with the current rates/ money factor for RDX. Is it a good time to buy this month before year ends?
    HI illipro. I definitely think that the end of the year is an excellent time to buy or lease a new vehicle, at least in terms of negotiating an attractive selling price with dealers. Unfortunately, Acura is not really providing any special incentives on the RDX right now. I suspect that may change later on next year.

Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX base with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    Car_man,
    I looked at your post on the RDX base and got the info I needed. Would you mind providing the MF, residual and best selling price for the RDX Tech 12-15K miles? I'm assuming there are still no incentives out there?

Thank you!
  • illiproillipro Member Posts: 80
    Thanks for the Reply CarMan
  • ro424ro424 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, my brother-in-law just leased a 2013 AWD w/Tech (Graphite/black) for $420/mo and 2K down (39mo i believe), in NY (Westchester county).

Not sure what mileage is, but we only put 5K/yr or so on the car so it doesn't matter to me.

I am thinking of trying to get the same deal, is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance!
  • trader5trader5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi ro424,

I live near NY Can you get me the name of the dealer your brother-in-law used?

Thanks!
    Try Legend Leasing out of Brooklyn. They seem to have aggressive prices and lease on Acura Financial paper. Hopefully RDX lease prices will drop in the next few months. With strong demand, they have been able to get top dollar for the RDX but with the new MDX coming in May, perhaps that will change things.
    Here you go hecara. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

You are correct, there still isn't any cash incentives on the '13 RDX.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome illipro.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.