Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Lease Questions

Comments

• albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    CarMan,

I was wondering if you can provide me with some information on a single pay lease. We tried several months ago to lease an RDX but the prices I received were too high.

We are interested in the AWD with tech and a 36 month term. Can you provide info for both a 10k and 12k annual mileage lease ie - Money Factor and Residual?

Also - can you tell me how to calculate a one pay lease? I have used your standard lease calculator but I am assuming with a one pay, the formula will be different.

Lastly - Acura Finance claims that if the vehicle were stolen that assuming the insurance company makes Acura whole on the stolen car, I would receive a pro-rata refund of my payment. I guess it could get a little thorny if the insurance company decided to try to lowball the payment and take advantage of the gap insurance - I was not clear from Acura finance if the gap insurance is used does that impact my pro-rata refund.

I have seen some price quotes for single pay leases that are $60 - $80 / month less than prices I was quoted on 36 month / 36k leases.

Also - do you happen to have MF and residual for this vehicle on a standard 39 month lease with 10k annual miles - I have seen an ad for this lease at $419 / month with $595 bank fee, DMV fee of around $275 on Acura Financial paper and this price seems like something I could only get when the vehicle is in the later part of it's model life.

Thanks for your help. Eventually I will get a car.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi albert72. Through the beginning of March, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 39-month lease are .00155 and 55%.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

The formula is the same for calculating a one-pay lease as it is for a conventional lease, you just add all of the monthly payments up into one lump sum. The bank that offers the one-pay lease usually provides some sort of money factor reduction in exchange for getting all of its money upfront. I'm not sure how much of a money factor reduction Acura provides on one-pay leases. I don't see very many of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ziffiesziffies Member Posts: 11
    Car_man,

Can you please provide us with the February Residual and MF for

2013 Acura RDX FWD (non tech) 15,000 miles/36mo
    2013 Acura RDX FWD (with tech) 15,000 miles/36mo

Thank you.
    Thanks CarMan.
  • mrdx135mrdx135 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide current residual and MF (through Honda/Acura Financial) for base Acura RDX AWD '13 and any incentives, if available, for 10K a year lease?

I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I am currently at the end of my lease with Honda (through AHFC - Honda Financial).

Thank you in advance.
  • mrdx135mrdx135 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Can anyone please provide current residual and MF for a base Acura RDX AWD 2013 model /NYC area?

There are not a lot of Acura dealerships around where I live and I'd really like to have some starting point when I get down to the local one this Fri/Sat.

Responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Hi ziffies. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX FWD without Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 RDX Tech are .00165 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Any time albert72.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mrdx135. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX AWD without Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bjunkiebjunkie Member Posts: 7
    Can you tell me money factor and residual for 2013 rdx AWD without tech for 36 months 12000 miles per year? Also how close can you typically get to a lease payment at these factors? Are you hearing of strong demand for this vehicle? Thank you
    Car Man and others on this board,

Is it reasonable to do a 12k/ yr 39 month lease an RDX w/ AWD and tech at invoice price? The reason I ask is because with the MF and residual you had provided me with Car Man, I get to a monthly lease payment of around $475 which is much lower than what dealers are quoting me.

I cannot believe that the RDX is so popular that they are only leasing them at sticker price.

Also - would I typically get a better deal if I wait a couple of months for winter to end to do this? I am almost to the point where I want to just email a group of dealers, tell them what I am willing to pay and the first one that accepts will move a unit that day.
  • rx3304merx3304me Member Posts: 12
    What is the down payment you are considering or looking at with your monthly payout of $475/mo?
    I got to the $475 based on the dealer selling the unit at invoice. The MF and residual I used were provided by carman and it is for a 39 mo lease with 1k miles per month (39k miles total).

Invoice is not actual net dealer cost. They get ad $, holdbacks, volume discounts, etc. With the overhead they have, even with the huge profit on parts and service, it would be a burden for them to sell cars at or a few hundred dollars above their net cost except perhaps for a few of the ultra high volume dealers.

Keep in mind I have not actually leased the vehicle for this amount - I got quotes for a 3 yr / 36k lease for $580 and there is no way I would pay anything close to that.

Did you get an RDX and if so, which model and what did you pay?
    edited February 2013
    Sorry my username rx3304me is a bit confusing :-) it's from 2004 and i could not go back and change it

Yes i did get a 2013 RDX FWD with Tech end of October 2012. I live in the SF Bay area. I did shop around with 4 other dealerships and one fine day one dealer calls me with a price and says they can do it if i close that day only. Their price on the phone was slightly higher than my target but i went to the dealership anyway and negotiated hard. May be it was end of the month for them - who knows.

Here's what i got

Price= $35500
    MF= don't remember but it was comparable to today's
    Down payment= $5000
    3 Yr lease with 12k miles or 36000 miles total - no monthly miles restriction.
    Lease payment per month = $376/month

Then i sold my older vehicle and recovered $3500.

The dealer sales guy said they decided to do it at this low price to hit their sales record. They do it every once in a while so customers come back for maint. and oil change etc.
    4 other dealers refused this price or even higher price than this.

Hope this helps.
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the info. You are smart to get the car in Dec. If dealers hit annual volume targets they car reap large rewards from the manufacturer.

Do you like the RDX more than your Lexus? We like the RX350 but the price is a bit too high.

A couple of nice things about Acura and Honda leases - at the end of the lease they give you up to $1500 in wear and tear credit so you don't have to pay for door dings etc. Also, if leased on HFS or AFS paper, they will allow you to extend your lease two times up to a total of 12 months. With the Acura bumper to bumper warranty being 4yr/50k, you can extend lease and still be covered - only concern would be if brakes or tires (Tire Rack) need to be replaced.
    I actually got it precisely on Oct 30th of 2012.
    RX350 is a couple of notches up compared to RDX in my opinion in terms of features and overall quality of ride. The RDX 2013 is a big step forward to get closer to RX350. But again RX350 is much pricier option than an RDX. I feel the room is almost similar between the two models. RDX ride quality is smooth. The mileage on my car is not that great 20 city and 22 hwy is what i get. Thats what i get on my RX350 as well. Acura advertises 23/28 but that's marketing BS in my opinion.

GPS in the RDX needs a lot of work - i like the GPS from RX350 much better.
    Sound is very good may be in line with RX350 premium sound quality (not Mark Levinson).

Hope this helps.
  • danmorrisdanmorris Member Posts: 1
    Thank in advance for you help with this.

I am looking to lease an RDX with technology package. The lease terms are 3 years and 15,000 miles per year. I have been offered the following "preferred deal"

Price: $38,760

Money Factor: 0.165

Down Payment: $2,716

Monthly payment: $540

This seems crazy high to me. Am I wrong???
    Info on this page should help clear some financial stuff for you.

http://www.leaseguide.com/lease08.htm

Your monthly payment of $540 seems a bit high. I guess there are levers you can pull - one important being Price. I'm assuming this is for a FWD with tech. So somewhere below $36000 or there around seems reasonable.
    I wouldn't consider down payment larger than $4000.
    As you may know already - Money factor is 0.00165 x 2400 = Interest Rate on your payments. This is something you don't have much control over during negotiations since it's preset by American Honda Finance.

Hope this helps.
    Certainly bjunkie. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Acura RDX AWD without Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I can tell you exactly what your pre-tax payment would be for the vehicle that you're interested in if you give me its MSRP and selling price.

I'm not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the RDX right now, but I don't think that the demand for it is so strong that you wouldn't be able to get an attractive selling price on one.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi albert72. I doubt that you will be able to get an RDX at invoice right now. I personally would shoot for $500 or so over to start and see what happens. I would think that a dealer that's in an area that has a decent level of competition might go for that.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man. The RDX continues to be popular in the tri-state area. Have actually put off replacing both of our cars for several months as with Acura leases one has the option to extend the lease term two times up to a max of 12 mos.

Between gas prices and a slowing economy, my guess is that incentives will increase by April and if interest rates start to climb, all bets are off.

We shall see if any of my suppositions are true. In any event, I appreciate all of the information you patiently provide. Have a good weekend.
  • bjunkiebjunkie Member Posts: 7
    Thank you car man. I have struck a deal for RDX AWD no tech for $439 per month for 36 months 12,000 miles per year with $0 down; only pay sales tax, DMV and first month at closing. I think I got a pretty good deal.
    You're welcome albert72. Thanks for the feedback on RDX supply. Some of that might have to do with the fact that the East Coast, particularly your area, was hit with increased demand for new vehicles after Sandy destroyed so many vehicles. I'm sure that effect is easing somewhat now, but it still might have had a lingering affect on inventory. A theory anyhow :).

I wouldn't be surprised if we did see incentives increase in the coming months, but time will tell.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome bjunkie. $439 with nothing down does indeed sound like a good price for this model. Enjoy your new ride and thanks for taking the time to report back with a reference point for others to use in the shopping process.

Car_man
    Host
  • buyingacar3buyingacar3 Member Posts: 1
    car_man,

Do you have any other info on lease payments for a base RDX AWD (10k a year)? I am in the market right now and was quoted $476 a month on a 3 year lease. Thanks for the help!
  • patb16patb16 Member Posts: 1
    2013 RDX AWD Lease $2,600 down, $420 per month for 39 months, 12k miles per year
  • cennis1cennis1 Member Posts: 31
    Hey Car Man -

When they are available can you please post the residual and MF for a 36-month 12k/year lease on a 2013 RDX AWD w/ Tech package?

If there is a 39-month option available, the figures on that would also be helpful.

Thanks.
    Hi buyingacar3. Acura really is not providing any support on the RDX right now. Through March 4th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX is .00165. If I was in the market for one, I personally wait until the new March programs are available on it later this week. They can't get much worse than the current program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi .cennis1 Acura's new March lease program won't be out until later this week, the 5th. I'll need a day or two to get a hold of it, but I will ;). Please post a quick reminder for me in a couple of days and I'll be happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out.

On an unsupported vehicle like the RDX has been, a 39-month lease isn't a bad idea. It's not like you would be missing out on any lease support by extending your lease past the normal 36-month support cut-off.

Car_man
    Host
  • cennis1cennis1 Member Posts: 31
    Car Man,

Any chance those figures are available yet? Might try and get a deal done this weekend.

Thanks.
  • fredo0709fredo0709 Member Posts: 3
    Just leased $365/month for 36 months 10k on an RDX AWD Tech Pkg $6500 down (trade-in).

Not sure if it was a great deal.

Was quoted $599/month for 60 months on 1.9% financing with $6500 down (trade-in).
    What was the "vehicle sale price" used on your lease?
  • ltlladyltllady Member Posts: 27
    So, it seems the actual lease payment was closer to $545 if you consider the $6,500 down payment.
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    With Acura's current money factor and residual values as quoted on this forum, a lease for a $38K MSRP vehicle with nothing down and no reduction to the sales price would be about $522 plus tax. With $6,500 down, the lease payment would be about $322 plus tax.

Now does not seem to be a good time to be leasing a RDX as Acura does not have attractive lease support and dealers are reluctant to reduce the selling price of an RDX.
    Thanks for the reply. The RDX we considered was the AWD with Tech which has an MSRP of 40315 after the destination charge.

I haven't signed the papers yet so I didn't see the vehicle selling price but I assumed the gross cap cost was around 37550.
  • vs77vs77 Member Posts: 24
    Car_Man,

what is the March MF and residual value for RDX AWD for 10K and 12K respectively? can you please share? thanks.
  • 4mercoachrick4mercoachrick Member Posts: 133
    Why for do we want to put down over six grand on a three-year lease? :confuse: Yikes! Seems we're neglecting one of the advantages of leasing.

On a purchase, I believe you could save a bit on interest by shopping around...likely only a quarter to maybe a half point, but worth a look:
    https://www.penfed.org/Auto-Loans-Overview/?intcid=ad-AutoLoans-PenFedORG-Ticker- -10312012
    Hey cennis1. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RDX AWD w/ Tech with 12k/year are .00136 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi vs77. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 RDX AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • screwdriver2screwdriver2 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for the info. Do you feel that the deals will be better in August? I'm looking at buying an AWD No-tech RDX sometime between now and September, and was wondering what the feeling of this forum would be.
    You're very welcome screwdriver2. It's difficult to say what the deals will be like in August at this point. Last year the lease program that was available on the MDX was slightly better in August than it was in March, but not by much.

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2013
    CarMan,

Wanted to thank you for all the info you provided regarding the RDX lease. It took a while, but I finally picked one up over the weekend. Hope to get many years of safe and reliable use from it.

Thanks again,
  • johnacurajohnacura Member Posts: 6
    Since the 2014's will be hitting show rooms in May, you could get some good deals on the 2013's starting in about six weeks.
    John
    You're very welcome. I'm glad that everything worked out for you. Enjoy your new RDX!

Car_man
    Host
  • ummyahya03ummyahya03 Member Posts: 5
    Can u guys help me? I've been offered to purchase rdx awd tech for 41,000 taxes n all fees included. Or lease the same for 6k down (including 5 for my trade). And 400$ per month 36 mths, option to buy out at the end for 23,000.

Do either of these deals sound reasonable and which is the best?
    I was offered $365/month for 36 month lease for 10,000 miles per year when I plunked down $6500 as a trade-in. RDX AWD Tech package. I'm in the NE.
    ummyahya03,

While both of your priced options look attractive. I would go with the lease option if your Money factor is close to 4% or lower interest rate.
    Also with the lease option you should further try to bring down the invoice price as that one along with the MF would affect your monthly payment.
    The 5k or 6k down payment is arguably at the high water mark since the main objective of a lease is to save money in a monthly payment. But if you have to go with a trade in and extra down payment then in that case I would consider buying it with a low apr financing.

Good luck!
    I'm in NY but I think if we were paying cash vs using our trade ins would it still b 6000 to lease? I would prefer maybe 3000 or 3500 then 400$ a month to lease.

I think for me it makes more sense for me to apply my trade to the purchase. I'm so confused lol.

Thank u, it's good to know I'm not the only paying 6k on a lease. :)
    Thank u rx3304me. I have no idea what the mf is so I'll look into it tmw. How much do u think is reasonable to put down towards a lease? Maybe 3 or 4k? But then the monthly payment would b 5 or 6 hundred right? *sigh*
  • nickm1622nickm1622 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I am looking for the current MF for April on an RDX with Tech Package with 12k/year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.