Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Maintenance and Repair

14567810»

Comments

• oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    The reason it's $1000.00 is because they are doing things not required in the manual. Like replacing the spark plugs. These cars require so little service that the dealers are always trying to add things to make money.When I ge there i will give them a list from the manual and ask for a quote.Then again, maybe I should just go to the gas station across from my office.
  • jamazerajamazera Member Posts: 149
    Castrol=BP
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Not sure what is involved in the lower price quotes you've received, but I do know that everyone I've taken my Azera to just to get the spark plugs changed was a $260 (min. quote) to get done.

I know one thing, I am currently knocking on 110k miles for my Azera and i'm still running on the original plugs. The only thing I've been doing is making sure I keep my oil changed, keep the transmission & radiator serviced and replace the air and cabin filters every so often.

Usually, you pay for the mark-up on the dealer parts. I buy my parts through RockAuto.com and have a place that installs them for me.
    they have to remove the intake to replace plugs (they will want to do throttle body (gasket) and injector service when they do the plugs) also mark-up on irridium plugs by the dealer is about $16/plug......$$$$$$
    Has anyone tried the new synthetic bio-derived G oil??? Saw it @ Wally World and it was only 1 weight available (5W-30).....Cost $26 for 5 qts, but there is a $13 rebate on their website.
    Has anyone upgraded their OEM headlights to the HID's? I bought a kit from Xentec, but it's not exactly plug-n-play. Was wondering if anyone else has ordered one that was simple plug-n-play or if there's an adapter that needs to be purchased.
    allmet
    I haven't upgraded, but what I understand is that the HID's require heavier wiring harnesses and a ballast system......they are essentially like an welding system since they generate a lot of heat to get the gasses to burn in the bulb .....I put Sylvania ultras in my 4 headlights and am very happy....what is the cost of an after market HID kit?
    Actually...the HID kit comes with everything you need to make the upgrade. The power to the ballast comes from the OEM bulb plug. I was able to do my install in about 20 mins. The hardest part was figuring where to stash the ballasts. I pulled the headlight housing out and used the double sided tape they provided and stuck them on the inside of each fender. So far, so good!!!

I only paid $32 (free shipping) for my HID kit on eBay. I know what the Sylvania Ultras cost per pair and you'll probably be replacing those before I replace an HID bulb. Also, the output from the HID's is much brighter than the Ultras (I've had those before myself). I'm so glad I finally did it, I'm also glad I waited because when i first wanted to do it, the HID kits were $150 and upwards. What I may do is get a pair of the Ultras for my high beams though.
    edited June 2011
    What booklet is it in. Have checked owners manual and owners handbook and can find nothing.

Just noticed a coolant leak. Have 51k on the car. Purchased 8/2007
    They found the leak and did the following which would have cost $1000.00 without the Warranty covering it! 51k on the car.

Leak coming from under oil filter body housing. also leak coming from water pump housing and oil filter body.. gasket intake man gaskets o rings etc.

Ralph at Camissa motors in Burlingame was excellent as always.
    That's a ot of leaks.....Any cause or reason or just failed parts??
This discussion has been closed.