Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Hybrid Navigation System Questions

Comments

• terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    That might be important, since Windows is used by like 200-1 over Linux. :P
  • pabugeaterpabugeater Member Posts: 17
    So, are you saying that Microsoft's flagship OS cannot burn a 50 MB file to a CD, natively? I don't mind looking for some free/sharware if that's the case .. thanks,

Steve
  • lungdoc63lungdoc63 Member Posts: 55
    OK - Not a computer genius here. However, if all you need is the one file, I could copy to my hard drive and then onto a CD? If so, I'll try this weekend. But I'll need mailing address.
    OK, here is a very easy way to send me LOADING.KWI. Goto:

http://www.yousendit.com/

This site allows you to upload a file to it's server. The site then emails me the URL of the file which I can fetch. You do not have to create an account or login.

So In a nutshell all you do is:

1) copy LOADING.KWI from your 5.1 DVD to your desktop
    2) web-over to the above URL
    3) You'll see there are 3 steps, highlighted in green. In Step one you supply my email address:

opteron1@mac.com

In step two your select the file from your desktop, and step three uploads the file.

Thank you very much in advance ...

Steve
    Here's a first pass at a comprehensive list of voice commands for the 2007 Camry:

http://www.lehigh.edu/~sol0/2007CamryHybridVoiceCommands.pdf
  • paulv82003paulv82003 Member Posts: 6
    Pabugeater, I live in Philadelphia area and gladly give you a full copy of 5.1 version if I can get a copy of 6.1.
    Pabugeater, I live in Philadelphia area and gladly give you a full copy of 5.1 version if I can get a copy of 6.1. My eMail is on my published on my ID.
    pabugeater, Thanks again for your help. ;)
  • dyeagsdyeags Member Posts: 6
    Anyone had the nav/audio system quit. Our TCH is a month old. I tried to switch the route from short to quick1 while driving and the system locked up. I stopped the car and shut it off, restarted it, and all that comes up on the screen is the toyota logo. No audio, cd, or sat radio either. Any help. I check the main fuses, but they were ok.
    Did you remove the Nav CD?
    no cd was in, audio was on and funtioning, nav system was functioning.
    My thinking was more along the lines of removing the NAV CD, completely, so as to force a reboot.....
  • annapolis_seannapolis_se Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone tried this yet? I have version 6.01 and be interested if this works.
    Thanks,
  • esfstevoesfstevo Member Posts: 8
    Mine quit and it took about 7 weeks to get a new unit from Japan. The nav system specific to the hybrid i.e. with trip data is aparently not stocked in the US. In the mean time the unit I had which was rebooted by the dealer worked most of the time while I was waiting for a replacement. I also got a free 10,000 mile service for waiting soo long.
  • mdchachimdchachi Member Posts: 275
    What do you mean "most of the time"? Did it lock up again? Did the dealer have to reset it each time?
    Our dealer unhooked the battery and that reset the nav system. No other problems with it yet. I think it is a software bug. It happened when I switched routes from short to quick1. The computer locked up and wouldn't respond. Haven't tried to reproduce that error again.
    If it's a software bug, there's no guarantee that the new one won't have the same problem. Hopefully not.
  • annapolis_seannapolis_se Member Posts: 7
    pabugeater,

Did you ever get the file? Did it work? Can I get a copy from you? What type of DVD does the Nav unit read? +R -R +-R?

Thanks,
    send PM to opteron1@mac.com
  • kc_rustykc_rusty Member Posts: 32
    Hi -- I've successfully made a copy of my 5.1 DVD for use as a backup... The disk I used was a TDK DVD +R DL.. and Prass ONES software and it works great. I have a copy of 5.1 I'd like to trade for a 6.1 copy.
  • tcg111tcg111 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the same boat. Just got a 2007 Camry-built in 10/06 and it has 5.1 software. Trying to get 6.1. Did you have any luck? I want 6.1 also.

Thanks,

Ben
  • jkripacjkripac Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a TCH with navigation, but do not have experience how well it should and could perform. In particular, it seems to be sometimes off by some 70-140 feet for a while. Is it as expected or do other navigation systems perform better?

The detailed map on the right-hand side of the screen that appears before the turns usually shows the car at a slightly different location than the regular map on the left. The detailed map shows the tip of the red triangle where the car actually is, but the main map on the left usually shows the symbol little bit lagging behind by about the radius of the circle. It is weird because both maps use the same position information.

Could someone who has experience with other navigation systems compare the one in TCH with other systems, in particular how precise it is, how reliably it receives satellite signals, how good the maps and the route calculation are, etc?
    I think the detailed turn map is at a different zoom-level so I don't think you can compare them like that.

Unfortunately there's no site that compares the performance of built-in navs as far as I know. Toyota/Lexus nav systems are generally viewed favorably from everything I've read (except of course the lock-out-while-driving "feature").
  • kc_rustykc_rusty Member Posts: 32
    no luck here - there was a 6.1 on ebay but it went for ~$200 - too rich for an unknown disk
  • gpj808gpj808 Member Posts: 1
    I know there is an entire 30 page thread with navigation questions, but I looked through it and have not seen this addressed:

I’d like to know if the Toyota Camry 2007 Navigation system has the ability to allow the user to enter multiple destinations and have the system select the shortest route to move from one destination to the other.

In other words:

I need to go to (1) the grocery store, (2) the mall, (3) A friends house and (4) the book store. I want the system to tell me the fastest most efficient way to hit all points before returning home.

My wife is a realtor and she would want this feature when looking at multiple houses in a single day in neighborhoods she is not familiar with.

Thanks!
  • mharris813mharris813 Member Posts: 20
    I don't remember finding this option on my nav... but i also have a wonderful option on my laptop computer that works so well.... so, if you don't find this solution, I would suggest MS Streets & Trips. You can put in multiple points and it will map out stops for you all day long!!!! Just a backup idea!!!
    m
    No it doesn't have this feature. But you could put in the multiple addresses (up to 5) and bring up the route overview and eyeball the route. If you see it zigzagging across town, then reordering the destinations manually is a simple matter.
  • pforanpforan Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know for sure if there is a difference between the Prius Nav/Power Monitoring system And the Camry Nav. Specifically do they both share the same features for monitoring the Power and gas Mileage? The Sales rep we meet with this week said ONLY the Prius had the "Energy Monitoring" features. IS he correct or just not very knowledgeable?
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    You need to search the threads. I read somewhere a month or so ago that the Prius system was different. However with the Camry NAV system you get a great monitoring system. Minute by minute bar graphs of usage as well as a trip mpg reading to go along with the tank mpg gage on the dash. Also a full graphic display of the energy flow ( a lot more info than what's on the non-NAV system)
  • titaniummdtitaniummd Member Posts: 5
    I have the 5.1 file Loading.Kwi burned onto a DL DVD and I have to 'unplug' the negative lead on the battery.

What will happen to the rest of the car when I do that other than resetting the clock and Nav? Any complicated issues related to the Hybrid battery or Hybrid system? :confuse:
  • mjreaglemjreagle Member Posts: 2
    I just got a camry today, and have yet been able to find the bar graphs and usage in the nav system. The nav system manual is so generic, mine doesn't cover the hybrid. What buttons do you push to access it?
  • mjreaglemjreagle Member Posts: 2
    After researching more, I have come to conclude I am missing the "Trip Information" on the info menu. This seems like a weird thing to be missing, as I have the 50th anniversary edition...so I doubt it's a dealer installed nav system. I'm in the USA fyi.

I have read about a similar problem with dealer navs in Canada
    GreenHybrid Thread
    Toyota Nataion Thread

Any tips, advice or particular knowledge of the 50th ed. that would shed some light on this? Thanks.
  • titaniummdtitaniummd Member Posts: 5
    After researching more, I have come to conclude I am missing the "Trip Information" on the info menu. This seems like a weird thing to be missing, as I have the 50th anniversary edition...so I doubt it's a dealer installed nav system. I'm in the USA fyi.

I have read about a similar problem with dealer navs in Canada
    GreenHybrid Thread
    Toyota Nataion Thread

Any tips, advice or particular knowledge of the 50th ed. that would shed some light on this? Thanks.
    --
    http://www.toyotaiguide.com/content/07Camry/iGuide.htm

I have it on my 50th TCH. I click on Info-> Trip
  • wingmanwingman Member Posts: 19
    How can I find out which nav verison I have?
    Perhaps they didn't connect the wiring harness correctly at the factory. Take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.
  • navguy1navguy1 Member Posts: 181
    What is the 5 digit model number on the navigation system? Is it E7011 or E7012? It should be E7011 for Hybrid Camrys. Also, where did you get the car... Canada or in the US? Was there any work done on the car since you have had it?
  • rlmorrowrlmorrow Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get this resolved? If so, what had to be done?
  • newcarsnewcars Member Posts: 103
    I am moving to a relatively housing community (about six months old) and my new neighborhood is not in my Camry's navigation system yet. Right now, my NAV shows me out in the middle of nowhere (a white screen at 150 feet) when I am there. I have 6.1 -- I think, is there a way for me to check for sure without asking my dealer? -- and am wondering if there is a more recent version that would have my new community on it.
    6.1 is still the most recent. The next version should be out near the end of the year. Eject the dvd and take a look at it. It has the version on it. Or find the version on the info screen.
  • pgnycpgnyc Member Posts: 5
    hi ,
    i ordered my camry hybrid last week , delivery in 5 weeks.
    since i had access to the pdf manual and i saw that there is a "notifying traffic restriction" setup.

is the navigation system get lively updated with traffic jam or work on the road ???

if not !! what exactly this setup means ???

thanks..
    No, it notifies you when you the route is set to go over a "seasonally restricted" road. Such as a mountain pass that is closed in the winter.
  • brudoffbrudoff Member Posts: 7
    When I pulled into my drive the first time with myTCH, the nav showed my location as 1009 My Street but my address 1061 My Street and in fact there is no 1009. I registered my address as 1061 and when I look at the map, it shows my location a little over 1/10 mile east of my actual location and 1009 keeps coming up as my location when I'm in my own drive. Any suggestions, gps problem, softrware, dealer fix?
    All gps systems have this issue because the map data is not detailed down to that level. It has to interpolate gps coordinates for addresses from start & end points.
    You should see the same issue when you type in your address online (into Google maps or whatever) however you wouldn't normally notice it because people don't usually zoom in that closely when they use Internet maps.
  • plknjplknj Member Posts: 121
    This is very common, but with the inaccuracy of the Toyota GPS system... be thankful it got you to your door. :)
  • james99james99 Member Posts: 9
    I got my Camry Hybrid last week, when I tried to program a destination today, the GPS didn't let me. I couldn't access my home location(which I had programmed earlier). Ten minutes later the system was working perfectly. I also had an intermitant problem with the bluetooth phone feature. Sometimes my phone book or dialing pad are inaccessible. I press on the phone button on the steering wheel and the only thing that comes up is 'speed dial' but not my phone book. I'm questioning if these issues are related.
  • acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    When the car is moving,,,,,,some things are not accessable.
  • theman2917theman2917 Member Posts: 1
    Hey does anyone know if this GPS system as real time traffic update as well as tells you another route to get out of the traffic jam.
  • talmy1talmy1 Member Posts: 55
    No, it does not.
  • susliksuslik Member Posts: 1
    i have 6.1
    do you still need it?
  • gampagampa Member Posts: 78
    brudoff,

I have the same error...

it appears when the street numbers were put into the master file...used by the postal service and mapping companies... the numbers may have started at the other end of the street.
    I checked other points on my street and this is how it runs.
    My street number is up the block while their number is where I am.
    Also if you look at the postal 9 digit number you should see your zip code as ...NNNNN-1009... or close to it.
    This is the best I can figure it out.

It is not a problem with your system or software.

My other "Streets and Maps", "Mapquest" and now Toyota seem to work off the master set up.

Gampa