Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Yukon / Yukon Denali

Comments

• Options
    andyl2andyl2 Member Posts: 84
    What size and brand spare come with the Denali XL? Is it on a steel or an aluminum wheel?
  • Options
    m3denalim3denali Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I am very pleased with the pewter/pewter combination. The color is nicely metallic. Although (at least in my area) the vast majority of Yukon XLs and Suburbans are pewter, I still like this color the best. With a vehicle this large, most of the other colors seemed too much of a good thing, including white. The blue was the second choice.

I definitely prefer the pewter (or whatever GM calls it now) interior instead of the tan (or whatever GM calls it now). It works very well. The two-tone seats are more subtle than most of the photos I saw, which I think is a good thing.
  • Options
    mbml55amgmbml55amg Member Posts: 57
    I like the white very much, but was also afraid it would be too much white on a Denali XL. My dealer had a white 2001 Denali, standard length, & it looked very good.
  • Options
    layne65layne65 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for info. I also am putting three into mine, plus kids we car pool around town. I also was thinking of leaving seat folded down to leave easy access for kids to back seat. Don't know if I will be able to for seating arrangements.

For kidproofing I will definetly get some kind of floor mats and liner for cargo area that I can just hose off- we have red clay dirt around here! In-laws have a husky liner in their sub cargo area and it is great.

We have ordered pewter with grey interior. I liked the combo, but have yet to see one. Blue was also my second choice. A lot of black and blue ones around here though.

Have teens and eight year old, so really just need the space! By the time they are in, plus their back packs, extra shoes, musical instruments or bat bag or whatever there is no room - they look like sardines and probably feel like it too!
  • Options
    drb2002drb2002 Member Posts: 72
    FYI

Dealer :Dave Smith Motors
    Price :Invoice+$294 out the door!
    Options :Green\Grey XL, No Sunroof, bench.
    Allocation:Nov 10th
    TPW :Jan 8th-12th (6 letter TPW Nov 20th)
    Delivery :Jan 29th - Feb 2nd

If your dealer can't supply a 6 letter code (no #'s) about 2-3 weeks after they place your order, something my by up?

I noticed that a few of you said Blue was your second choice? Blue is not offered on the Denali?

I had Garnet accepted, but my wife was all over the green :( She will be the primary driver so I gave in...

To the people ordering accessories, please let the rest of us know what matches well, etc.

Dave
  • Options
    I got the 6 letter code, but still no tpw after 6 wks. Hope to get one soon.

I don't think blue is offered on Denali xl, but it would be my first choice. Best to keep the wife happy since she is the one looking at it and driving it. I started out looking at yukon xl and just ended up with Denali xl.

GREAT price! Where is Dave Smith Motors?

Yes..let us know what you find out about accessories that match-grey interior...anyone. Thanks
  • Options
    thanks for the info!!
  • Options
    phlphl Member Posts: 15
    Last summer in the regular Yukon thread someone posted www.98over.com as a good dealer in NC(Wood Automotive). After complete frustration trying to get a reasonable deal in the NYC-tristate area, I put my name on their waiting list for the new Denali. Received a call that my name came up and they had an allocation on October 27. I placed the order the same day. Denail was built 11/30 and arrived today! Earlier than they expected.

Its making me crazy but I won't be able to pick it up until after Christmas. With everything up to this point, they have been great to work with. Kay Owen is the person to speak to.

$98 over invoice but they do have a 1% of MSRP advertising fee in the invoice. Still with airfare it may make sense.

I will post after pickup to give a report.
  • Options
    susie16susie16 Member Posts: 6
    My Denali XL was built 11/27 and just arrived at the dealer today too. We got $500 over invoice, which is the lowest we could find anywhere in Western PA and Eastern Ohio. But today the copy of the invoice the dealer sent has full destination charge of $1452.12 and full advertising fee of $484.04. We got a pretty good deal for our area, but I don't want to get taken on the little things here, and have them makeup for the low profit. Eastcoastorder, please explain the 1% of MSRP advertising fee. Also would appreciate anyones input on these charges. We finalize and pick up the vehicle on Thursday.
    P.S. The pewter and pewter interior looks great. But I forgot to check for front autoclimate control with the sunroof. One dealer tried to tell me you can't get climate control front or back with the sunroof. The brochure says you do get in the front but not the back. Anyone with knowledge about this?
  • Options
    [Advertising Charges: Most vehicle invoices include a legitimate advertising fee levied by either the manufacturer or regional dealer groups. Ad fees can range from less than 1 percent of the vehicle's MSRP to more than 3 percent, depending on region. You should try to pay 1.5 percent of MSRP or less for the advertising fee. Metropolitan-area dealers are more likely to charge higher advertising fees than rural dealers. When you comparison shop for a car, be sure to ask the dealers how much the advertising charge is on the vehicle.]
  • Options
    If your invoice is looking like mine, the item you are referring to includes the holdback-H/B (The holdback is a component of true dealer cost. The holdback is a rebate that is paid directly to the dealer (usually quarterly) by the manufacturer for each car sold.) You are on the third column. The second column has the invoice price and the destination charge.

All of this is to say that the invoice cost is not the true cost to the dealer. Just think of it as a reference to what you are paying just like the list price.

Look at the Edmunds pricing pages and I think it will make sense.

Sounds like you are getting the deal you agreed to. It's just the doubletalk of car dealers that makes it difficult.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info. You're right, I've talked to so many car dealers and I get different stories from all of them, it's made my head spin.
    I'm grateful for this site as it's been very helpful for getting the correct information. Thanks again.
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    What size and brand of tires do you have? TIA
  • Options
    My Denali XL has 265/70R17 Michelins with 17x7.5 rims. Did I find the right numbers to give you the size?
  • Options
    Thanks for the info....it is the correct numbers...
  • Options
    mwhitwormwhitwor Member Posts: 4
    Hey folks -

I know I probably could/should bug my dealer, but I thought I'd ask here and try to wait one more week before calling ,) Just over two weeks ago I ordered a black 2001 Denali from a dealer in Virginia (I'm in Dallas) who I'd been referred to from this site. I spoke with the owner who indicated he'd just "placed one in the system yesterday" exactly like I wanted (well, I wanted the sunroof and the next day he said it didn't take so he left the order and added the BAC for courtesy delivery). He said I'd probably get a TPW in 2-3 weeks, and I might get it end of January. Think these numbers will stand up? It sounds like he had a slot come open, but I didn't specifically ask about allocation, though I know someone here has received a vehicle from this dealer already. Thanks for any educated guesses!
  • Options
    Check out message 256 of this discussion. I posted details on the info you are requesting...

Merry Christmas to all!

Dave
  • Options
    dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    I have still not seen a 2001 on the local Cadillac lot. Are these trucks out yet or will it still be a few weeks?
  • Options
    mwhitwormwhitwor Member Posts: 4
    Just a late note to say thanks to Dave for the info in post 256. Couldn't find an easy way to send a direct e-mail!

I thought there was a phone number available to the publuc GM provided by which you could check build dates if you had a TPW code??

Mark
  • Options
    mbclk430mbclk430 Member Posts: 58
    Although the Cadillac web site states the vehicle will be out some time in January, most dealerships in the MD/DC area state they're not expecting to have them on their lots until late Feb/Mid March time frame.

Sam
  • Options
    dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Thanks for the info. A guy here at work said they would be in dealer lots for Jan 2, so I have been driving past the lot every second day looking for one. I guess I will stop that for a while. ;-)
  • Options
    pahnke23pahnke23 Member Posts: 6
    I know where 2002 Escalades are on order and ready for sale when they arrive. Need anymore info you can e-mail me at pahnkescott@hotmail.com I also have pricing and options.
  • Options
    carpoorcarpoor Member Posts: 1
    For those of you considering a Denali XL, I will give you my impressions after having logged 7,000 miles. I was one of the first to take delivery (in October) and am very pleased overall. The only problem I have had is with the exhaust heat shield vibrating at low RPM's (it only took five minutes for the dealer to fix but it is re occurring).

I, like many of you, am a complete car nut and would like to think that I can give an accurate assessment. I am very impressed with the ride and handling. It simply does not seem big or awkward. I do wish that the reverse distance sensor that the 2002 Escalade has was available in the Denali for tight parking situations. The Auto Ride system keeps everything nice and controled during cornering, and, when coupled with the trailering provisions, makes towing my 7,000 pound boat a non-event. The all-wheel drive system also makes the vehicle more stable during towing, especially in cross winds.

Gas mileage is right on the money with the 12-16 ratings. At 75 MPH on the freeway, I get 16 MPG.

The front seats are very comfortable. Time will tell if the leather holds up without "wallowing out" like seats in many US car brands tend to do.

I may actually keep this thing for a couple of years! Incidentally, I got it for $89 over invoice (with no hidden charges or "advertising fees").
  • Options
    I have heard a few guys installed this sensor and said it works great!

http://www.poronusa.com/index1.htm

Dave
  • Options
    CW, (and others)

AutoAccessory.com doesn't show Catchalls (5 piece set) for anything newer than '99s? Did you (or anyone else) order these here? If so, how did you select them.

Also, which manufacturer is the best game in town for bug shields? Does the XL Denali use the same as the regular XL?

Is the 3M clear bra removable?

So many questions now that my wait is nearly over. By the way, I lost the 1-800 number to check TPW status when Edmunds changed the software. Can anyone supply it?

Thanks, Dave
  • Options
    cwmartincwmartin Member Posts: 89
    Dave:

My suggestion is to check my web site at http://suv.s5.com. The 800 number is listed on my GM contacts page.

The best bug shield is the Lund Interceptor. The Yukon takes part # 18064. I don't know what the Denali takes, but It looks like it will take the same part number.

I would also like to suggest that you visit the GMSUV forum at http://www.delphi.com/gmsuv/start Most of the people who used to hang out here have moved over there and now it is the place to get great advice.

Clifford
  • Options
    I forgot to mention you can get part numbers for the Catch-alls at the Nifty products web site (link found on the links page of my web site at http://suv.s5.com
  • Options
    More spam?
  • Options
    fellersfellers Member Posts: 18
    In the Denali News group, a question came up about backup alarms, like the one offered on the Escalade. I spoke to the manager for PoronUSA and he is offering this special program for Edmunds users:

From John:

Hey,

Thanks for the link. For your efforts, please tell your folks at Edmunds
    Town hall that we are offering a special just for them. We are going to take
    an additional $50.00 off of our mini3LV and our micro2LV bring the price to
    $149.99 for the mini3LV and $129.99 for the micro2LV. This offer is of
    course open to you also.

They can place their order by calling us at: 800-869-8866 or through our
    web site at:

http://www.poronUSA.com/index1.htm

Since this offer is for the Edmunds Town hall people, we will not be
    adjusting our web site prices. If they are ordering on-line, in the comment
    section, put in "Edmunds" and we will take $50.00 off. If they are phoning
    us, all they have to do is mention "Edmunds".

Once again, thanks for your interest and thanks for tell others about us.

John
  • Options
    I have posted a picture of the new Escalade EXT at the GMSUV forum (http://www.delphi.com/gmsuv/start/). It appears to be a clone of the Chevrolet Avalanche.
  • Options
    chaworth1chaworth1 Member Posts: 2
    We live in So California area and are trying to find a dealer who will sell a Denali for $ 500.00 over invoice ( or as close as possible ). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Also must say that if I could get a 6.0 in a Yukon 1/2 ton, I would as I am planning on replacing some of the factory installed items anyway and hate to pay for things which I do not want. Oh well, just a note FYI !
  • Options
    joelisjoelis Member Posts: 315
    Instead of stealing other people's pictures and putting them on your website (to make it look like you are a big hero), why don't you just post the original website where you found them, so the real party can take credit.
  • Options
    The pictures are being provided by the media division for GM and are for reprinting or exhibition in any form that will publize the vehicles. I have their permission to post them!
  • Options
    Well, I'm glad someone agrees with me. LOL!! My, my, some people are soooo sensitive....

A friend of mine just got a '01 red vette. Took it out for a spin...let me tell you, the difference between that and the Denali is like night and day. If it wasn't for the kids.....

BTW, she had to order it from a dealer in New York and had it shipped to Hawaii. It seems the local dealers here have a waiting list a mile long and as soon as it hits the floor it is gone for a couple grand over MSRP.

Good luck on whichever one you decide on as the new Denali looks like a winner too....
  • Options
    Are you guys (gals, whatever) clueless? Any "web site" is just a collection of related materials collected by someone who has an interest. If I had to keep track of every link that dealt with my Denali, I'd go insane!

CW's site consolidates a lot of info I need and is easy to get to. He has not claimed to pull these photos or other info out of his magic hat has he? Ok, so he wants to pull some profit out of his time spent on his site. Is this any different than most other web sites? What the hell do you think drives the web?

Advertisements (Translation -> MONEY)

So pull your collective heads out of yer bums, and get a clue. Is it so hard to skip over messages that are undesirable to you? Or is there some other issues going on here that I am unaware of?

Dave
  • Options
    Are you CW's mother or what? (don't yap unless you know what you are talking about). You must be from the anal Yukon/Tahoe topic as well (you should change it to CW-THE BIG HERO topic).

CW - I'm not talking about GM pictures, I'm talking about my personal pictures I took at a car show last year and posted them to my website with a link here.

You simply TOOK them from my website and posted to your own. (does a Yellow Tahoe Xtreme ring a bell?) There are a few others as well. I bet you are the type of guy who has a PC loaded with Pirated software too.
  • Options
    jwrightcfojwrightcfo Member Posts: 1
    Within the next week I will be purchasing a 2001 Denali XL. I've read the GM has layed off several employees and expect some new incentives to follow. Is anyone aware of what new incentives are available?
  • Options
    There are two topics on Denalis. Going insane over two topics? LMFAO!!

To answer your question, there are other issues going on that you are not aware of. Clifford has taken the opportunity to bad mouth Edmund's when they were making the transition to the new software. He also advertises his site here at every opportunity. I cannot understand the lack of morals on his part. Joelis has just posted that Clifford "took" the pictures off of his website without permission. That is a copyright violation.

Cliff's type of advertising is considered spam. It was not asked for but Clifford continues to post the links and "hints" on ordering off of links on his site.

Clueless? Best check what your house is made of before throwing stones. Besides, why even bother posting in Edmund's when you can post with the rest of Clifford's pack of coolies over at his site?
  • Options
    joelis

Mrs. Martin I am not... But as I stated earlier, if you put anything on the web, someone is bound to grab it for their own page. Obyone did make me LOL when he mentioned your photos were "copyrighted"! I'm sure you didn't state this, but funny just the same. By the way, did you get permission to post pictures of that "Yellow Tahoe Xtreme"?

If you really want credit for "your" photos, then put your name on them with PhotoShop before posting them. I sense a "Big Hero" yearning in your tone?

The anal Yukon/Tahoe topic? You are a frequent visitor of both, so are you a "Red Eye" as well?

If you didn't want other people "yapping" about this, then send an email to CW directly instead of a public forum.

Obyone

Insane about ALL links associated with the new Yukons, not the message boards! Nice acronym :P

Look at CW's latest "Spams". Most were answers (ok, pointers to answers) to questions on the board or about pics (possibly "stolen"). If you call this "Spam", you really don't have any idea what it is. Here ya go...

From http://whatis.techtarget.com/WhatIs_Home_Page

"Spam is unsolicited e-mail on the Internet. From the sender's point-of-view, it's a form of bulk mail, often to a list culled from subscribers to a Usenet discussion group or obtained by companies that specialize in creating e-mail distribution lists. To the receiver, it usually seems like junk e-mail."

I don't claim to be one of "Clifford's pack of coolies", and I have only visited his board once. I do however halfway defend his postings due to the large collection of "stuff" at his site. Sure he grabbed the photos from Joelis and who knows who else, but it is convenient to do all your one stop info gathering in one central location rather than maintaining my own set of bookmarks for Yukon accessories, defects, phone numbers, etc, etc, blah, blah, photos.

And yes, if he just posts "Come to my web site" every 3 messages without some sort of response to a query, then yes, I would condemn him as well. I do remember when dealers would try to gather buyers here at Edmunds. I sent them nasty messages as well about the purpose of this board. If you really think CW's site has nothing to offer someone looking for a new GM SUV, then you are "clueless".

Long story longer, if this is just a "those are my pics" thing, then the "Hero" thing is a two way street!

Signed YoMama (not CW's)
  • Options
    drb - just to clear up a few things:

I haven't wasted my time with the Yukon/Tahoe topic for months, since I was disgusted with the anal conversations going on there for so long.

You don't get my point about CW. He's basically a hypocrit and a fraud for doing things mentioned earlier which he bad mouths other people for doing as well.

I could care less about who looks or takes whatever photos etc, that was SIMPLY AN EXAMPLE of how he plagerizes (spelling?) other people's ideas and creations and stands up to say "look at me and what I did for you". That is so much BS, its sad, and you people fall for it.

I assume its his only form of attention he can get, so he might get carried away with it, but its still wrong.
  • Options
    I would like to point out that I have been reading the Yukon/XL/Tahoe/Sub message boards here at Edmunds from December 1999 (1 year), and there were NUMEROUS requests (I was one of them)for someone to put together a web page with all the common info in it. CW was the ONLY one who was up to the work (time) involved to do it. This was to alleviate the repetitiveness of all the same questions we were all tired of reading. Now anytime a repeat question comes up, the "new guy" can be sent to a web page which contains 90% of the common Q&A's.

At first he asked for donations for his effort, but then decided to put in links to other web pages for some compensation. I don't mind if he makes a few bucks for his effort.

As for fraud? Well I don't agree with everything he does, BUT I still think he has been more helpful than less...?

Sincerely, Mr. Putting This To Rest.
  • Options
    The only way that this will be put to rest is if Mr. Clifford discontinues his links to his website. It is unfortunate that he chooses to do so.

Definition of Spam

Spam is unsolicited e-mail (or news postings) pushing a point. Be it an ad for a used PC, or an urge to vote on a proposition; if you didn't ask for it, didn't sign up on a mailing list related to it, and didn't leave your e-mail address on a web form asking for more information on it, it's spam! And if it's in your mailbox, the sender might be liable for a $500 fine per instance.

This will be my last post on this subject. Unless of course Mr. Clifford decides to continue. drb2002, it appears you have enough intelligence to wade through the BS going on here unlike his blind followers. As I have stated before, a website of value will succeed or it will close as all the other nonvalue dot.coms.
  • Options
    The reason I was over here was to see how people are liking this new first year vehicle.

Do people think they got what they paid for in this vehicle? I like the interior features, but not sure its worth the high $40's to get it.

Just the thought that this costs more than a new C5 Vette, seems strange. I know they are totally different functions, but how many people really use a Denali for hard work.
  • Options
    I used mine to haul two 12,000 BTU a/c units while the truck was in the shop....

How hard is it to get a vette in your area. Seems like almost everyone has a hard time getting one. Anywhere from 3-6 months wait when ordering. Almost as bad as a HD Silverado.
  • Options
    To others in this forum, please skip over this message.

drb2002:
    I tried to send you an email but Yahoo said your email account is over your quota. If you have another email address, please send it to me so that I can communicate with you off this forum.
  • Options
    I have pretty good connections in the Twin Cities. It all depends how much you want to pay for it. If I wanted to spec order a brand new 2001 at a decent price, I'd be in the 3+ month range as well. If I wasn't too picky, and was willing to pay a little closer to MSRP, I could have one in a week or so.

I could get a better deal on a 2000 or a 99 where my connection could get me one of those with under 12k on them for a decent price in a couple of weeks notice.

Also, to stay at least partially on topic here, I could have taken a new Denali XL as early as 6 weeks ago from dealer alloc for invoice, but I am still skeptical of first year stuff...
  • Options
    Not too sure, but I think they experimented on the '00 Yukons as it seems they have a lot of problems. Don't think GM would do that to their top of the line GMC Denali. But then again, the AWD is something all together new for GM. Ahhh the choices. Wish I had that problem.... LOL!!
  • Options
    Received my 2001 Denali XL on Jan 4 and am very happy with it so far. The manufacturing quality is much better than it used to be. I am trying very hard to keep it under 55 for the first 500 miles, but it is hard. It came with michlein Cross Terrain 17" tires. It is white with gray interior and has no options.

I installed a Pronto (spelling may be wrong) backup system and like it a lot. I mounted the sensors so they are not noticeable unless you really look. There was a perfect spot on the dash to mount the digital display so it doesn't look after market. I like the way it tells you how far. I have checked it and it is pretty accurate. Every time I think I am about to hit something, the display tells me I am 5' away. I go don to 1'. It works great.
  • Options
    mbclk430mbclk430 Member Posts: 58
    I'm considering purchasing that back up device myself. Just wondering where this "perfect spot" on the dash is you're referring to. Could it be in the left hand vertical empty spot (where the '02 Escalade has its power retracting mirror control?)
  • Options
    I mounted the display just above the wood trim on the console and just below the wood trim on the dash. The vertical opening would have the digits sideways and would not work. It fits beautifully in this location with the wire going in the small crack between the 2 dash pieces. I mounted the outer sensors on the black portion of the bumper just below the color keyed section (the wire came through between the 2 pieces). I mounted the center sensor on the vertical portion of the black step recessed inside of the liftgate about 1" (this one really cant be seen, but it works). I am planning to mount a 4th sensor just below the front grill to use for foward operation.