Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Pontiac G8

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    ah, ok.
    When you said "roomier" I assumed you meant all around.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    But in addition to give the Hummer brand the boot, GM is also considering putting another brand on the chopping block. The front runner for extermination looks to be GMC, although Pontiac is also said to be in the mix.

Here is the link. Perhaps GMC will be axed in favor of Pontiac but who knows?

Either way, it's a long time coming and a no-brainer from my point of view either way!

link title

Regards,
    OW
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    GM should dump Hummer, Pontiac, Buick, Saab and Saturn. For a company with only 20% of the market they have way too many brands. Just my opinion.
  • nojetsnojets Member Posts: 31
    Pontiac should be put out of its misery and the only decent car they pretend to make (the Holden) should be sold through Chevrolet as a Corvette stablemate, especially as they have related engines. Then they can put the Holden front end back on, which looks SO much classier, slap a Bow Tie on each end, add a navigation option and probably increase the MSRP. Chevy competes well above its weight with the Corvette, and they have the right car to do the same with a four door sports sedan.
    Your assessment makes sense to me. G8 is the only desirable car IMHO.

Bye Bye Indian Company!

Regards,
    OW
  • rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    GM needs to consolidate and focus its brands, that's for sure!

Dump Saturn. The Aura and Outlook are redundant. The Chevy Malibu and upcoming Chevy Traverse will handily outsell the Saturn equivalents. The Astra is completely unnecessary. The Sky either goes away or becomes an entry-level Cadillac.

Sell Saab and Hummer to the highest bidders.

GMC should be dumped. It is simply not needed.

Buick should be kept and repositioned as a Lexus competitor. Mid and Large sized luxury sedans and luxury crossovers.

Pontiac should be kept as a domestic alternative to BMW. The G8 can easily compete with the 5-series. The G6 should go RWD to compete with the 3-series. The Solstice can go up against the Z4. The Vibe becomes a Chevy.

Chevy stays and competes all-around with the other domestics as well as Honda/Toyota/Hyundai/Mazda/etc.. When the current FWD Impala goes away in 2012, Chevy gets their own version of the RWD G8 with a Chevy front/rear/interior and renamed the Caprice. The Malibu isn't that far off in size from the Impala and could easily pick up the Impala sales.

Cadillac stays as GM's flagship brand to compete with Mercedes and Jaguar. They inherit the Sky roadster from Saturn, give it a folding hardtop, and sell it as an entry level luxury convertible.
  • michael1973michael1973 Member Posts: 3
    Despite lots of Google searches I can't seem to find the answer to this question...

I've heard that the GXP version of this car is going to get slapped with the gas guzzler tax which could amount to a couple grand. The simple question is, "If I'm going to lease this car, do I have to pay the entire tax during the term of my lease?" If the tax were $2,400 for example and I leased for 24 months, another $200 each month on the payment is really going to stink! :cry:
    Add in the extra $50 per month for added gas costs and the formula gets even worse!

Since the tax is added to the MSRP, you will need to pay at lease a portion of the tax for how long you use it at the very least. The importer pays so I assume the lessee will get passed this tax. Very good question and part of the answer is below.

Here is the instructions on the tax form for the importer or MFG.:

Use Form 6197 to figure the gas guzzler tax. The gas guzzler tax
    is imposed on the sale, use, or lease by the manufacturer or
    importer of an automobile of a model type that does not meet
    certain standards for fuel economy. Automobiles imported for
    business or personal use are subject to the tax.
    If you import a gas guzzling automobile, you may be eligible to
    make a one-time filing for which no employer identification
    number is needed and no deposit is required. See One-Time
    Filing below for more information.
    If you need more space, attach a schedule in the same format
    as Part II.
    If you import a gas guzzling automobile, you may be eligible to
    make a one-time filing of Form 720 and Form 6197 if you meet
    both of the following conditions:
    Instructions for Part I
    The tax liability is figured each quarter and reported on Form
    720. See the Instructions for Form 720 for information on how to

We need to find out the tax treatment in the lease contract.

Regards,
    What makes it confusing is that the IRS form indicates that the gas guzzler tax is imposed on the first-time sale of the car only. See this link. Hmmm.

Where the rubber meets the road is that I have a 27 month lease on a Saab 9-5 which ends a year from October (16 months left). My father-in-law is retired GM so I get GMS pricing. Both the G8 GXP and my Saab 9-5 are going to sticker for the same amount ~$40k. I'm wondering whether when all is said and done their lease payments will work out to be similar. I'm hoping that the G8 works out to be less so that I can tell my wife that even with the poor gas mileage the cost-to-own works out to be similar.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    michael where did ye hear that the GXP version will get gas guzzler tax?
    If it's only available with 6-speed, i doubt there will be a guzzler tax.
    If there's a GXP with automatic, OK, I'd believe a guzzler tax for that one!
    If you are considering an automatic GXP, just give in now to "THE PRIUS HAPPENING"..
    OK, just kidding - any of you can buy a GXP automatic and I promise not to remind you more than once per month how much you wish you had got the stickshift.
    "The only option beside the choice of automatic or manual and all-season or summer tires is a sunroof. Which leads to the question, how much? Pontiac isn't saying yet. The Charger SRT8's $39,218 base is a good starting point for an estimate. That includes a $2163 gas-guzzler tax for 13/18 mpg EPA numbers. Pontiac expects it'll have to fork over a gas-guzzler tax on the G8 GXP as well. If the G8 GT's $1435 base price advantage over the Charger R/T is any guide, this car could come in under $38 large, but don't count on it."

The rest of the article can be found here.
    Expect over $40K and lease around $650/mo 10Kmiles. That's what it was for the 300C SRT8 I priced back in December 2005. The residuals on US cars are extremely brutal and are going to get worse.

Regards,
    OW
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    6MT probably won't get the gas guzzler tax, but like the GTO they'll probably charge that amount for the 6MT option so in the end it'll be a wash.

I'm debating the following cars next winter/spring:
    G8 GT
    G8 GXP
    2002ish 911 C4

Have to see how it works out moneywise etc.

-mike
    The last choice sounds real good to me. Always loved the C4. Good choice during current energy crisis to boot!

Good luck and happy hunting!

Regards,
    OW
    Throw in the 2004-2007 S4 w/6MT to the mix.

-mike
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I think the G8 should be the model car that Pontiac uses to create future models of their line up. It looks very sharp, classy. The overall look is quite simple, but that is what makes it look so nice. It is the fact that it does not look overdone and laid out very well. The newer design on the grills and lights look more upscale than before.
    I believe the darker gray, white are the best colors of the G8. The interior is more upscale, and seems to have a better fit and finish. Even without the leather interior, it looks great.

Although, about the same size as its competitors, I know that it is sport sedan, but offering a high performance 4cyl, would be a great option, only since the gas prices have gone up so much. Many sedans of this size offer this, and I feel more would opt for this option, while get some performance, and economy. I would totally get the 4cyl on this car if they offered it. But, again it is target more for the sport enthusiast. If the option was there, I think it would sell more, and after all this car had a debut when the economy is not so hot. I am just thinking realistically.
    Hopefully they will sell successfully at this time.
    They need to drop the scoops to make it look classy. :(

I'm not sure a 4cylinder engine can push a 4000lb vehicle.

-mike
    Too heavy for a stand alone ICE. Better go hybrid soon or else!

Regards,
    OW
    Yes, but the Accord, VW Passat are able to pull it off, and it really isn't any bigger than those models. I am just thinking that with the economy the way it is, it might put a damper on sales. If they were able to put a high powered 4cyl in it, it would be just fine. I know it defeats the whole purpose of the car, but given the option, people could opt for that, but keeping the style. Just look at the Nissan Altima, it looks huge and bloated, yet it still has a 4cyl option. There are some SUV's that have a 4cyl. Again, I know that the altima is in a slightly different category on who it appeals to. The G8 is geared in a different way.

I know that if they offered it, I would opt for the 4cyl, and still be able to drive a sporty looking ride. I would be curious to see how many buy the car and then eventually see how it affects their gas budget. The G8 really isn't too much more expensive than its competitors.

All I know is, I think it possible to do, unless Pontiac knows that is only going to produce a certain number per year, not making the G8 a car you see everywhere.

However, having just leased my G6, I would love to test drive a G8, and possibly should have gotten numbers on that, but with it being new, no budging or sales on the car unlike the G6 where I got nearly 2,500 off the price. I am happy for now, but for us car people, there are always other cars we have our eye on. If I had it my way, I would trade about every year, I would be okay with that. Why not...

The G8 is certainly going in the right direction, with competition so high now.
    Although my next car will be some kind of hybrid technology. I have an 08 G6, hopefully Honda/Acura will offer a TSX or Accord with the option.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Yes, but the Accord, VW Passat are able to pull it off, and it really isn't any bigger than those models. ...

The G8 is 197" long and, I believe, 4100+ pounds (for the GT.) That's a good bit bigger and heavier than those cars.
    Okay
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    The G8 is 197" long and, I believe, 4100+ pounds (for the GT.) That's a good bit bigger and heavier than those cars.

Absolutely!

The Altima 2.5S has a 4 cylinder 170HP engine, and most come with a CVT, which gives the impression of higher power.

The same engine with a regular auto in a 4000+ lb auto would probably drive like a dog.
    Does anyone know if Pontiac is leasing the G8 or are they going to only allow financing? If they'd offer the leasing, I would totally do it! It is truly an amazing car. I am still going to try to test drive it soon! I would get the white, with black leather with red inserts. I would probably go all out and get the V8 engine.
  • jdtgoldjdtgold Member Posts: 7
    After test driving the car, I was very impressed with its acceleration, handling, and price. I had recently test drove a BMW 335 with a sticker of $44,000 and can easily see why the G8 can be seen as a less expensive alternative to that car. You lose a little bit on the interior of the G8, but it is $10,000.00 less. Unfortunately once I had the opportunity to sit down and talk lease numbers (39 mos. and 15K miles/yr), I realized that nobody in the world is going to lease this car and I am not going to the be first. With my GM supplier number it was about $2,600 down (taxes, tags, etc.- no cap costs) and $570/month. That's right...$570/MONTH!!! Depreciation and interest rate available on the G8 keep the lease payments pretty close to the 335. If the lease payments are the same, BMW wins this contest without a problem.
    Well of course, it's an american car so the risidual value will be significantly less than that of a luxury car.

The other problem is the power and size is a lot more than that of a 335, you'd have to compare it to a 560ish.

-mike
    You can't lease any American car cheap due to horrendous residuals. I tried it with a 300C SRT8 in 2006 and the BMW I leased was a no-brainer. Also didn't know gas would be $4.00/gallon back then so the Bimmer saves there also.

Better wait for cylinder deactivation going forward for the G8 V-8 to be viable, IMHO.

Regards,
    OW
  • jdtgoldjdtgold Member Posts: 7
    Exactly. The awful residuals on G8 (51% - 36 mos./15Kmiles) combined with terrible interest rates and the lack of any lease programs make a $30,000 Pontiac lease payment similar to that of a $44,000 BMW.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    “Better wait for cylinder deactivation going forward for the G8 V-8 to be viable IMHO.”

The G8 GT’s 6.0L V8 does have cylinder deactivation – GM previously called this DoD, now AFM.

- Ray
    Likely to buy a 2009 . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • lvhatchbklvhatchbk Member Posts: 12
    Can someone tell me what fuel is recommended for the G8? I have read that you can use regular and have also read it requires premium. This would be for the V-8 engine.

Thanks.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Regular.
  • actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    Even though I know what you mean, your question highlights a common point of confusion: the difference between "recommended" and "required" when it comes to octane.

If the word "required" is used, end of story. A 91 octane requirement is a hard stop. Of course you are free to go higher, if you can find it and are willing to pay.

If "recommend" is in the language, then things are different. In many cases, 91 is recommended (small print: for best performance) but usually there will be a sentence saying that 87 can be used without a problem. The higher octane fuel is needed to achieve the advertised horsepower and 0-60 times, but the engine and its controlling software can handle 87 octane, just fine.

If the manufacturer wants to advertise the higher horsepower, the common practice has been to "recommend" the higher fuel and allow the lower grade. I'm not sure if there is a legal requirement to do this if they want to advertise the higher horsepower rating, or not.

The G8 falls into this boat. Premium is necessary to get the advertised horsepower and performance, but the engine is designed and calibrated to run reliably on 87, too.

In recognition of the public's recent concerns about fuel costs, GM has changed the wording a little bit. From the GM media website, with respect to the 2008 Pontiac G8...

"Recommended fuel: regular unleaded (premium maximizes performance)"

This flexibility isn't universal across the board, however. Many cars have the word "required" in their owner's manuals, and they mean it. Severe detonation could occur in these engines, causing damage over the long term that would cost much more to repair than the savings incurred by running fuel 87 in them. But the G8 isn't one of these cars.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• lvhatchbklvhatchbk Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for clearing that up.
  • svtguysvtguy Member Posts: 3
    I would buy a G8 GT tomorrow if it was offered with a manual transmission (not just in the pricier, less fuel efficient GXP version). I will probably get a Mustang instead, even though I would prefer many features of the G8. Auto trans is a deal killer for me, and I imagine many performance seekers.
    Yes, Having Onstar, is a great feature to have. I just found out, since I am a new GM car owner, that I can call onstar and they will book a hotel for me if I am on the road, and have it ready when I want to stop or arrive at my destination. Also, its great, if I need to find a starbucks near they highway, they look one up, and off I go. They can also look business phone numbers for me. Look for any attractions that I might miss in an area. I am currently trying the 3 month unlimited for $20. I will see how things go with it, but so far, very impressive! The nice thing about this, is that you can pay as you go, rather than get a $1-3k navigation unit in a car. For the life of the lease, is it really worth it, and does it really offer the seemless options of Onstar. I don't even have to take my eyes of the road, they do all the work for me. That is almost worth having a GM car, but would it keep me in a GM car, I am not sure, their are many amazing great cars available, and do fine without Onstar.

Would I opt for the navigation unit in the car? I might, should all car be standard with it? Yes, I think so, it would help us all out, this day in age, they should be making a economic way of making Navi standard in atleast all your premium trimmed cars. but, even Onstar stated, people usually don't use it when their in the home town. Acura is making a really nice navi, that makes it a entertainment center. Offering alot, and that makes it more worth it.
    I see that many companys are getting rid of their manual transmissions. They are going to the Auto with the shiftronic, but nothing beats a manual. Its a true performer!

Imagine a G8 V8 with a manual! My co-worker has a Charger R/T and its an automatic...lol Crazy thing too, she lives like down the road from work, I hope she takes that bad boy out and runs it wild every now and then. I know I would!

I truly love cars! Paint, all the way down to the engine. I always keep my cars washed,waxed, down to the tire shine. It makes any car, when its kept up, look that much better! Like a black car, with someone who takes care of it, looks amazing!
  • cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    Ha! Some of us leased 2004 GTOs for two years at $121/month with no down payment, so it can be done if the incentives are right :)

My local dealer has 35 G8s out of the sudden... They look real nice lined up next to GMC Sierras and Yukons. I'm just waiting for Christmas and $5K GM card incentives - I may bite then... I saw the $3K market adjustment on the sticker just the other day, so these guys may intentionally drive themselves out of business. I heard that selling used cars is all the rage these days.
    Good feedback...I wouldn't touch one of these for a long time...wait for inventory to build. Then follow GTO logic.

I guess the dealer business geniuses don't see the price of food and energy building. No problem taking on a 10% profit right before your eye's, right?

Hey, if the unions can do it why not the dealers?

Regards,
    OW
    on a G8 GT? I assume if you pay$40 plus, it's worth $35K as you drive it off the lot.

Regards,
    OW
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    according to my owner's manual:

g8 gt (v8) engine requires gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 87...
    I still see many G8's piling up at my local dealership. I am wondering if the gas prices and economy are going to effect sales. I think it will, as I have seen people trade in the newer model mustangs/ V6 cars in for smaller compact cars. It is really taking a hit for people.

But, if I had to do it again, and was give an opportunity, I would totally consider a G8, of course, I would probably get the V6, because it is a nice sporty, sedan and get decent mileage. But, with horrible lease rates, that really puts a damper on that.

But, if they see sales low, than they will do everything to boost it. Talk about bad timing, but it is totally the right direction for the design concept for all pontiacs. People that are not even fans of Pontiac, are looking at the G8. It is a very classy car, not overdone, I believe just right. Knowing that GM needs to up their game, as other companys are showing much more quality and value.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    New discussions have been created for G8 pricing and lease questions. Some posts have been moved there.

Pontiac G8 Lease Questions

Pontiac G8 Prices Paid
  • mrpushrodmrpushrod Member Posts: 80
    The G8 is by far superior to the 3 series or for anyone with a family. When I purchased my G8 I test drove both the 3 series & CTS. They are really 2 seaters, may as well purchase a vette. I can’t believe everyone is trashing GM with this winner. Seems like Americans are never happy when an American company does well. It reminds me of when Microssoft was being sued for being a monopoly. Everyone in work wanted to see MS (the company that has kept America alive) lose.

Here is my 2 cents on the G8…
    Pros: Balanced RWD, supple ride, good handling, spacious interior. Runs fine on 87 octane fuel
    Cons: A Couple of badly placed secondary gauges, no Navigation system

Driving experience --
    Quiet comfortable ride, excellent everyday handling, short stopping distances, gobs
    of power & torque

Comfort & convenience --
    Very spacious interior, decent trunk, comfortable supportive seats, outstanding climate control system.

Comments --
    Unlike Honda with its Acura line, Nissan with the Maxima, Toyota with the unwieldy
    handling Camry and still worst Avalon, Pontiac has a 30k rear wheel drive family
    sedan that is actually pleasing to drive. When you step on the gas with this rear
    wheel drive sedan, all the weight is transferred to the drive wheels (the rear wheels).

Enthusiastic drivers will notice the pleasing handling associated with the vehicles balanced weight distribution and lack of torque steer associated every day driving situations encountered with the pretender aforementioned FWD vehicles. It is beyond me why
    Honda can’t produce a decent RWD family sedan in this price range. It seems they
    spend their research dollars trying to hide the fact that their flagship Acura line
    is front heavy and still emits notable torque steer.

Furthermore, nobody will mistake the G8’s V8 engine for a 4 or even V6 cylinder. The pushrod American V8 produces gobs of power without having to rev it up to a screaming 7000RPMs. The
    power delivery is smooth and consistent at any speed. And with the cylinder shutdown feature I recorded 26MPG on a trip traveling ~65MPH.

Best yet, the entire family will enjoy the spacious (roomier than all the above mentioned vehicles) interior.
    The seats are supportive and comfortable. The interior quality/fit and finish is
    decent. And the content is fairly complete (excluding the fact there is no Navigation
    system available) There are a few badly positioned secondary gauges, but all the
    necessary stuff is there.

Kudos to GM to bring us a fun to drive balanced RWD family sedan at an affordable price. As a side benefit, the profit on the sale
    on this vehicle will not sail oversees.
    I was with you until the last line. A lot of the G8 money that would normally go into the paychecks of American workers are going Australians, in whose country the G8 was initally engineered and where the plant is located. Same goes for many of the pieces/parts, whose plants (and workers) are also located down under. It takes more than a Pontiac badge to make something an American car.

Conversely, a Toyota Camry built in Kentucky puts money in the pockets of US-based assembly-line workers, suppliers (and their workers), shipping companies and all the other supporting characters that conspire to build a car and bring it to market. Toyota also employs many stateside engineers who develop and test the prototypes. Yes, some of the profit ultimately goes to Japan, but a lot of the money stays in the USA via the hands of all those employed to develop and build it, who buy homes, groceries and pay taxes HERE.

Which scenario puts more money overseas? Design philosophy aside, which one is more American? It isn't an easy question to answer--I don't know. As I see it, the name on the badge is no longer an effective way of making this distinction.

• flip7flip7 Member Posts: 2
    The G8 will be made in Canada very soon if not already..
  • mrpushrodmrpushrod Member Posts: 80
    The reason it is not built here is our fault. GM carries a premium of ~ $2500 per every vehicle made in the US over the foreign vehicle transplant factories (Honda, Toyota, Nissan) in the US. due to legacy union deals. The UAW United Auto Workers union is choking our car companies. I personally wanted to puke every time the UAW has held a strike in the past years. Just the payoffs alone for GM to layoff an employee is sick. The amount of money these selfish people on the assembly line make is outrageous and then they have the gall to strike or make threats to hurt their own employee. They don’t care that GM is sucking wind, they want to ride it to the ground.

When American’s work they demand top dollar, the best health insurance, the best working conditions, protection against every grievance of with their employee, etc, etc – But when they shop, they want to shop at Wall-mart where the products are made somewhere in a sweatshop in China by employees making $10 a day with no insurance.

I too worked in high tech as an engineer. We had a development crew both here and in India where the engineers made 25k VS 100k respectively. It is a global economy and we need to get use to it.

Why do Americans blame Bush for the price of oil when China & India are buying up every gallon they can to produce our goods. There is no mystery to the price of oil, It is just simple supply and demand.

GM is still one of the largest employer in the US NOT your Toyota or Honda.

Now here is the kicker. You say “Conversely, a Toyota Camry built in Kentucky puts money in the pockets of US-based bla bla”.

This leads me to believe you are a typical American trying to hurt the country. I bet you too wanted Microsoft to lose the monopoly suite. Too bad Sony didn’t create windows…

Toyota a Japanese car company builds some cars in the US. Some of these vehicles are exported too. That’s ok. Yet GM builds some cars in Australia and export them and GM is lame. Toyota and Honda seem to be doing ok with this business model.

Don’t forget why Toyota & Honda started building cars here in the first place. It was to avoid tariffs.

I don’t know if you realize this, but GM is just about bankrupt. If GM goes down (again, one of our biggest employers) this country is going to the dogs. GM needs all help it can get to dig out of this mess. I am sure if the $2500 legacy UAW per vehicle premium was put toward R&D GM could give the foreign competition a run for its money.

My hopes are GM can raise some capital from subsidiaries such as Holden. Certainly I realize they are in no position to retool American factories or to over invest as much in R&D which they should be doing. Having a winner (hopefully) like the G8 built out of their Holden plant costs them very little and could just help their bottom line.

Wouldn’t it be good for America if mazda, Jaguar, and Volvo could help Ford out of this mess instead of bleeding it to death. Futhermore, it would be nice if GM was first out of the shoot on an all electric vehicle. I bet you are rooting for Toyota.

You are dreaming if you think a healthy Toyota & Honda is better for America than having a healthy Ford and GM.

Yaa, like you I would rather see the G8 made in America or even Canada for that matter. But I also realize the uphill battle GM faces over its foreign rivals. You need to put on your business hat and be more realistic though. GM needs short term help, period.

One last point. You make it sound like the G8 is totally an Australian design from the ground up. Yet one of the major selling points is the pushrod engine itself. GM has daunted every foreign manufacture with compact lightweight reliable design. Nobody believes me when I say my 6 speed C5 vette easily achieves 33MPG on the highway. I can and did beat a 6 cylinder Camry in a gas mileage test. And I run it on regualar unleaded to boot. GMs full-size trucks are the most fuel efficient in the business.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    "The G8 will be made in Canada very soon if not already.."

No - it is not.
    Not likely any time soon...
    Though the 2010 Camaro
    ( based on a modified G8 platform )
    will be...
    2022 X3 M40i
    It's produced overseas! It's not home grown so that is why it is good!

Regards,
    OW
    At the end of the day, GM is in trouble because of a bad business model and the arrogance to stay the course because they know better. Wrong as usual. Now, they need to scramble before the cash dries up to do what should have been done 35 years ago...make the best and most exciting cars that meet the customers needs. Period, AMEN!

G8 is nice and the CTS and Malibu...and always Corvette. That's about it, folks! Unless you like trucks.

Regards,
    OW
    I'm not pushing the Camry. And I didn't say that a Camry built in the US puts more money in the USA than a G8 built in Australia. I'm only saying that it isn't as simple as looking at the badge. A lot of people who get paid salaries and spend money and pay taxes in their homelands are involved in the process. I don't know which scenario is better for the USA at the end of the day, but I bet its a close-run thing.

This discussion has been closed.