Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• knickerbockerknickerbocker Member Posts: 12
    I got a call from the dealer today 9/8/06... They have several unlimiteds that just came in...

I ran up to the dealer to check in out... I was impressed with the look of the vehicle... Much larger and good cargo space... reminded me of my old cherokee sport 4 door...

what I didn't like was the gas mileage... I would have thought since it was being a bit more road refined Jeep would have bumped up the fuel economy... It still is only getting 19 miles highway... That is less than the grand cherokee or liberty... No need for an SUV tht size to get such dismal mileage

That being said.. I think Jeep has a winner with the look, function and overall concept...

I'm gong to test drive it tonight... but I think the fuel economy will keep me from buying one

Knickerbocker
  • heidisheidis Member Posts: 2
    As soon as Jeep drops a V8 in that thing, I'm trading in my '00 Sahara and my '05 GC Limited for it. Until then, this new engine is pathetic. Maybe the MB diesel options on the horizon would even be an improvement over the minivan powerplant.
  • triplejackingatriplejackinga Member Posts: 1
    Passed by Landmark Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep in Morrow on Friday, and they had a red X model sitting there that hadn't even been prepped yet.
    It was a soft top, X model, and the only options were Automatic, front floor mats, and rear trak-lock or something differential. It had AC listed as standard on the X. MSRP was just a tic over $23k, which I thought was pretty good for what you get.
    I couldn't drive it since they hadn't even prepped it yet, but was all over and inside it.
    The truck looks really good, but the base wheel/tire combo on the X looks way too small, or the travel is really big in the wheelwells, take your pic.
    The interior and seats seemed comfortable, but what's with the shifter? It's the same old crappy center console shifter, and for God's sake, PUT THE O/D OFF BUTTON ON THE SHIFTER LIKE MY COMPANY XTERRA HAS! I want to know who the ergonomics genius was that thought the button should go on the shifter base plate at about 2 o'clock from the shifter.
    Anywho, the vents and interior door locks are cool, but the door locks are way too easy to mistakenly lock in my opinion, only take a slight flick to lock.
    I lifted the hood and the V6 is set so far back in the engine bay that it actually looks tiny. I wanted to drive it, but the tools wouldn't let me until they prepper it.
    I wanted to get a feel for the ride on the new one. I would really like to have a look at the new hardtop, and would also like to see one with the half doors, but I heard those won't be out until after January.
    All in all, I would say that as long as the new V6 proves itself, like the 3.7 has in the Liberty, then the truck should do well.
    I would get one now, but for some reason, DCX still refuses to put a diesel in the Wrangler for sale in the United States. They do outside the U.S., and I *think* in Canada, but not here, and in fact, the perfect engine, the Liberty's diesel, won't be back for 2007 because they said it was too expensive to redesign it to get it to meet emmisions.If they would drop a 4-cylinder diesel in the new Wrangler, you would make the hard-core Jeepers giddy, and you would boost the fuel mileage easily into the mid-20s, which is the one thing this truck needs.
    One guy in this thread mentioned he didn't understand that the truck got suck poor mileage. It boils down to three things: 1)Even with the new truck, it's still like trying to push a phone-booth through the air. 2) The truck has a bit of weight on it, with a full frame, solid axles, full roll cage, etc. 3) DCX vehicles have *NEVER* gotten good mileage, even before the merger.

Later.

- TJ
  • xthecatxthecat Member Posts: 30
    Yes a Turbo Diesel would be the right engine for the Wrangler in my opinion, maybe as an option. Canada doesn't get a Diesel either, but I'm amazed how you guys are getting ripped off for this Jeep, up here they start at under $20K.
  • strawmanstrawman Member Posts: 1
    According to the Jeep site, the base MSRP for the X model seems to be just over $18k USD. That's about $1000 cheaper than the 2006 SE models' base price. I've been told the local dealer probably won't get them 'til December... oh well, not in too big a hurry to buy anyway.
  • toronado455toronado455 Member Posts: 83
    Can someone help me understand what's going on with the Wrangler platform? They just came out with the Unlimited in '06 right? Now it's being completely redesigned? After only ONE year??? :confuse:
  • xthecatxthecat Member Posts: 30
    The old platform was seen as to primitive to make the Wrangler brand viable, if they continued with it, there would be no Wrangler. Unfortunately, they didn't go far enough with the new engine for the 2007 (gas mileage), and this will have to be addressed very soon, before the brand tanks.
    But if the Wrangler Unlimited was having a major redesign in 2007, why create the 2006 Wrangler Unlimited at all? How could they possibly justify the cost of developing and producing a vehicle for only one model year?
  • texasjeeptexasjeep Member Posts: 270
    Wrangler unlimited came out in 2004.
    Wrangler unlimited came out in 2004.

Oh, you're right. I'm just now (summer 2006) finally seeing them (very few) on the road for the first time.

Are they going to continue to build the 2-door Unlimited along side the new 4-door?
  • texasjeeptexasjeep Member Posts: 270
    Jeep will not be building the 2 door unlimited anymore. I wish they would still make the 2 door unlimited. I want a 2 door unlimited diesel rubicon.
  • jerrymcshane1jerrymcshane1 Member Posts: 195
    You're right heidis, a V-8 is a must if they want to sell the hell out of these newly designed Jeeps. A small block V-8 makes ALL the sense in the world. Maybe that's why it isn't offered. Some of these designers are living in a cave for they're NOT paying attention to what the world demands today. Power is "in" in case thay haven't noticed.
  • jplymanjplyman Member Posts: 90
    To me that is why I bought an '06 Jeep - because its simple and solid - this platform has been around longer than a lot of us - and it help define a segment of the market.

Living in the Atlanta area jeeps are very popular SUV - used ones hold there value extermely well and I think overall they are very popular. Look at the incentive DCX didn't give on the wranglers - that says a lot - I think the old platform is awesome. Not a whole lot to go wrong and a ton of aftermarket parts to fix it if it did go wrong -
    Todays edition of the WSJ has a review of the 2007 Wrangler that was very positive - they mentioned that the engine was a plus....
    I've never driven a 4.0 inline 6 so I can't really comment on the old engine, but I have the minivan that the 3.8 V6 is from. Mine is the 3.3 variant and it is not a very powerful engine in my 4000+ lb Grand Caravan. Its low end is weak and it doesn't like to rev either. And I've heard that the 3.8 version isn't much better.

I noticed that the torque peak on the 4.0 is in a lower RPM band than the V6 so that may mean that the 4.0 engine feels more powerful even though the max output numbers are similar between the two engines.

But they really do need to put a good V8 in the Wrangler.
  • guy21guy21 Member Posts: 129
    If I have read the data on the Jeep.com website correctly, there is little chance we will be considering a new Wrangler. The problem is with the hard door option. We live in northern Wis. and this has been a necessity.

For the 2007's, specifying this option invokes a mandatory selection of the side air bags at $490.00 plus the side windows are some form of plastic material. How do you scrape ice off those?

Hopefully this will be straightened out later in the year or for 2008.
  • edf4edf4 Member Posts: 65
    I am interested in the new four door Wrangler X with the six speed manual. I would be using it on the beaches in summer and in deep snow in the winter, but no rocky off-roading. I have never owned a real four wheeler before, but I have driven ones belonging to others quite a bit. I would also use mine for occassional light towing, (garden mulch, motorcycle, etc). My question is about the two gear ratios available. What are the advantages & disadvantages of each, and with the use mine would get, which would you recommend?
    Some of the pics of the new Unlimited show frameless doors. When the top is down it looks so much better than the doors with window frames. Is this an option?
  • edf4edf4 Member Posts: 65
    Those are the half doors. They are an option, but will not be available until January, (per Jeep's website). I agree with you that these doors look MUCH better with the top off than the full doors, but from what I understand about them, the top half has a plastic window which, when open (unzipped), folds inward covering the door's armrest. The plastic top half can be removed entirely, but if you get caught in the rain, you get wet. Hopefully Jeep will offer a dual door option like they offer the dual top option, so those of us in a winter climate will be able to enjoy a snug cabin with full metal doors and full hard top in winter and an open fun one with a soft top and half doors in the summer.
    A Plastic window? How retarded. Instead of a dual door option, they should have a single type of door with a real roll-up glass window with no window frame. Just like any normal convertible does.
  • bristol2bristol2 Member Posts: 736
    How about this:
    Diesel V6
    Glass windows in framelss doors
    Spray out interior (how will that DC stereo do with a water hose?)
    Rear seats that fold flat with trunk space to create sleep-able interior.

That will be when they finish this Jeep.
    Just had a downpour down here in the south - and of course I had all the windows out - second time this has happened while its been parked - just went out pulled out the drain plugs to pushed the excess water out - does the '07 have this? And will water effect all the new electronics.
  • 4rider4rider Member Posts: 96
    "A Plastic window? How retarded. Instead of a dual door option, they should have a single type of door with a real roll-up glass window with no window frame. Just like any normal convertible does"

I have had the same question all along. Why the nonsense of Full metal door vs half door? How hard is it to have a frameless door with real glass window anyway?
  • stevensorianostevensoriano Member Posts: 40
    Okay.. I am going to get my first Jeep. The Unlimited 4 door is perfect because I have 3 kids. I dig the convertible. I will go off-road once in a while up in the woods and out at the beach.

Here is the question... To me the extra cost of going Rubicon over Sahara isn't very much. If I keep the Jeep 4 years, that is less than $100 a month.

The sales guy at the dealership indicated that I should not get the Rubicon because it is really meant for serious, and not once-in-a-while off-roading. In fact, he suggested that he Rubicon would develop problems (tire cupping was his example) if it is used mostly for around town. He also blasted the 4.10 of the Rubicon and praised the 2.77 of the Sahara, and said I would be much happier on highway trips.

Since I need the tow package and my wife wants the automatic, I think I am getting the 4.10 either way.

That seemed stupid to me.

I like the idea of beefier 44 axles, and the rock-scrape guards armoring over the Jeep's more delicate bits and pieces offered by the Rubicon. If it saves me once, it has paid for the delta in costs.

But the sales guy's comment about how the Sahara is much more streetable and the Rubicon would have problems being a mostly street machine scared me.

What do you think? Any help would be appreciated.
  • tallductallduc Member Posts: 2
    tallduc, "Jeep Wrangler" #22128, 24 Sep 2006 3:01 pm

paris show

More Powerful and Fuel-efficient Engines

Available for the first time in a civilian model is a diesel engine for Jeep Wrangler, and this engine is also offered for the Wrangler Unlimited. Built by VM Motori, this all-new 2.8-litre common-rail turbo diesel engine is a 2766cc (169 cu. in.) four-cylinder, in-line engine, with belt-driven double overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder.

The iron cylinder block is an open block design with a ladder frame bed plate and integral liners. The aluminium cylinder head features a side-entry swirl intake port and a directed intake port. A Bosch EDC 16 common-rail direct-injection fuel system is incorporated along with an electronically controlled EGR valve and variable geometry turbocharger.

The 2.8-litre diesel engine is available with a six-speed manual transmission or five-speed automatic transmission. Maximum power is estimated at 130 kW (177 hp DIN), and peak torque is estimated at 410 Nm (302 lb.-ft.) between 1800-2400 rpm
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    Honestly, find another dealer. He's trying to look like your 'bud' and 'save you money' but I suspect he has goodies he wants to sell you for the Sahara. Any dealer not wanting to take your money and steer you away from what you want, you have to wonder what they are thinking.

The Rubicon is not any less streetable than the Sahara. Yeah, the transfer case has a lower ratio, but onroad, that is irrelevant, unless in 4wd in snow. :)

The Rubicon shocks may be a bit beefier. If the tires on the Rubicon are going to cup, then they'd do it on the Sahara too as their suspension is apparantly the SAME. The new Rubicons are going to come with BFG tires if I've read the information about them correctly. NOT a bad tire and better than pretty much anything that has come stock on a Wrangler to date.

As for gearing 2.77 would scare me - that is VERY high! It may be great for highway cruising and mileage, but overall, it isn't going to save you THAT much in gas. I'd rather have the lower 4.10 gearing for better acceleration and torque to the wheels, which you'd want for towing anyway.

I have 4.88 gearing in my 4 cyl, and while the RPM's are higher, it has better highway manners than if I had left it at the 4.10's when I put on my larger tires. 4.10 is VERY nice for on the highway. I know several Rubicon owners and they LOVE it on the highway. I'm sure the JK will be even quieter (albeit a bit slower than its 2 door version due to weight). That added weight of the 4 door helps tell me 4.10 is the way to go.

If you maintain your vehicle properly, the Rubicon will last as long (longer) than a regular Jeep IMO. Stronger parts, armor, etc all help it last longer. Just remember if you wheel it, TREAD LIGHTLY! and make sure to clean off the undercarriage and above the armor when done to help prevent rust or potential debris buildup.

-Paul
  • mikolarmikolar Member Posts: 3
    We bought an '06 Wrangler Rubicon a year ago. We love it but it’s just a bit small for us and our two setters to ride in back. Reading about the new 4-door, we're already sold. My wife drives the car most of the time, and almost always on road --

I understand this may be sacrilegious to some but which of the four door versions (Sahara, X, Rubicon) would offer the most comfort and fuel economy?

Thanks so much.
    Probably the 4x2 versions of the Sahara or X.

-Paul
    Thank you for the advice. This dealer only had Sahara's on the lot, so I think that contributed to him telling me that I didn't need the extra gusto of the Rubicon. What a prick.

Now, the next question is how long until the 2007's have the 7/70 that the 06's have or the 5/100,000 that the GM's have?

It looks like a good product....I wish Chrysler had the same confidence in their work that I do.
    Keep in mind, the new JK is a totally retooled rig from the solid TJ's. The first year of a new model CAN be problematic, so keep that in mind. My 97 TJ (first year of production) has been relatively problem free since I acquired it, with the only exceptions being items that I already knew about prior to buying (exhaust manifold leak, small oil leaks, etc).

Good luck with whatever purchase you choose (I'd personally go for the Rubicon if given a choice).

-Paul
  • spudracerspudracer Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I test drove an 07' Unlimited "X" this weekend, then an 06' Unlimited. The 07' feels so much more roomy with the extra 5" of shoulder room. I'm afraid that the 3.8L engine feels shy of adequate power, but I'm sure in time Paxton or Whipple will produce something to help in that department. I like the new styling, it grew on me quickly, but the interior trim is way too cheezy with all the over-abundant plastic.

Despite the flaws, we ordered an 07' Rubicon Unlimited yesterday with the dual tops, power convenience group, 6-speed, mats, trailering package, front side air bags, dark tinted windows, but we did NOT order the smokers package, nor an upgrade to the radio. I plan to install a Pioneer Axim-Z1 when I get it to access XM radio instead of Sirius, as well as use/charge my iPod, and navigate. It also has cool Vehicle performance monitoring such as off-camber angle, Gs of acceleration, voltmeter and a host of other things, I strongly recommend checking it out. It looks as though it should fit into the dash space cleanly.

I found a company out in Montana that installs 5.7L Hemi engines in Wranglers as a turn-key operation. Anyone look into this? http://www.aev-conversions.com/

Tom
    Bryson CIty, NC
    Like a Wrangler needs a G meter (acclerometer) :) heheh

Fun stuff anyways! :)

AEV has been producting Brutes and doing 5.7 Hemi conversions for a while. I'd LOVE one of their Brutes, but not willing to pay that price (Price of a new Rubicon + all the upgrades) = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

-Paul
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    I currently own a 02 Sport TJ. I loved the size of the 07 and you could feel there was more power.

It rode like a Jeep but was more comfortable. It did not feel like a KJ but it did feel lighter in some respects.

Note - the front grill is very cheap plastic but they have improved the interior from the TJ in a big way. Small/thin door rockers (very car like) - I wonder how water proof that is going to be?

The metal is much thinner and very Samurai/car like.

I liked the rubber like fenders and moving the turning signals back to the grille. I wonder if they fade ... I hope not!

Fender hugging tail lights were really cool looking and still box shaped.

Tiny but deep engine compartment - only a short block V8 will fit in there if it is ever offered.

I was really surprised 2WD was an option and I do not see that many selling unless they really start jacking the prices up for the 4WD option.

Loved the 4 door model I drove but I am in sort of a wait and see mode at this point.

You see I am going to wait 2 or 3 years from now. I will read relibility stats and wait for more options. I was burned when the Unlimited came out a year or so after I bought my Sport.

I do not know if this is going to be the sucessor to the TJ in spirit or not - the jury is still out. I will probably keep my TJ and not trade it in any case. I'd never get what I invested in it back.

I am waiting on the V8 or a Hemi Jeep to solve the power problems that Wrangler owners have been begging fixed since the YJ.

If I am going to get bad MPG I might as well do it in an EIGHT!
    The TV commercial with the giant apes seems to have a 4-door Wrangler with half doors. At least that's what it looks like in the split second it is on the screen. Reminds me a bit of the VW Thing. :)
  • tolh13tolh13 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1973 VW THING and yes it looks just like a 4dr jk from the side.want to buy it?save $25,000.00 over the jk

mark :D
  • spudracerspudracer Member Posts: 2
    I still haven't seen an 07' Rubicon yet, though we have test driven an auto and a 6-speed manual 4-door in the past few weeks. I STRONGLY recommend the 6-speed over the auto, it FEELS like it has a little more power, and being able to hold it in a gear and get the RPMs up really makes it easier to drive, and the gutless engine feels less so.

No Rubicons even seen on eBay yet, ours is now in production, and should be finished within the next 7-10 days. I was told it takes about 2 weeks to build one.
    I've already decided to lift it 3 inches, and replace the 32" tires with 35" x 17 BF Goodrich Mud TA tires on 17" Mickey Thompson Classic Beadlock rims, and to replace both the gear sets with 4.88:1 gears. If I replace the 4.10s with 4.56s, that would keep the ratio about stock, but the 4.88 gears should also help with power, and acceleration, though it MAY drop the highway MPG 1-2.

Tom
    Bryson City, NC
  • twernst10twernst10 Member Posts: 25
    Steve,
    As a Former Jeep Salesman and owner of a 1986 Cherokee, 1998 Wrangler, and a 2003 Liberty. The salesman is right and wrong. The Sahara will give you a slightly more comfortable "ride". The Rubicon was originally created for those Wrangler Fanatics who buy a base to mid model and spend another 10-15 K in offroad mods. It was also designed to refresh the Wrnagler youth market. That being said I think if you were to take it off road on the beaches and woods you would be much happier in the Rubicon. I have not driven the new "Unlimited" 4 door but have sat in it and think it will sell and perform well. It is not really a 1st year production b/c it is based on the stretched "Unlimited" that has been produced for a few years now. I would love to have gotten one of these, but I needed more space for comfort so I now drive a 2007 Tahoe. Just felt in all fairness I should let you know what I drive.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I recently test drove the new 4-door in both stick and automatic.
    They drove about the way I expected, the stick was clunky and I didn't realize until later that it was a 6 speed, so I never put it in 6th on the highway.
    The automatic seemed to drive much more smoothly.
    They were both quite noisy with tire and wind noise and the stick model was very stripped of options. It didn't even have power windows or cruise. Between the sun glare and the black on black interior, it took a few minutes for us to find the window cranks that blended into the black door panels almost as if hidden. We were trying to find the power window switches and later felt the crank and realized it didn't have power windows.
    One of the test drives was in a Wrangler that had not been prepped and still had plastic on the steering wheel. After making a U-turn the plastic wrap got caught in the wiper stalk, almost breaking off the stalk and causing the vehicle to veer dangerously into the median. After ripping off the plastic wrap, we continued the test drive.
    Performance was "OK."
    Back seat was barely adequate even on the 4-doors, so the 2-doors must not have a useful rear seat at all.
    Fuel economy ratings are poor. That was the main reason I didn't bother talking the dealer about price and just left.
    If I really loved, it I might have considered it a little.
    Maybe there will be a diesel with better mileage in future years.

I think many people will like the looks and price if you don't put many options on it. So, it should sell well to people looking for this type of vehicle.
    The 4-door manual kind of looked like a Hummer H3, but the sticker was around $23K.
    The prepped models had a bunch of dealer junk add-ons like giant chrome rims priced at about $5000, plus another $5000 in additional dealer markup. This brought their asking prices into a laughable range well over $35K despite having very few factory options.
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    I stopped by my dealer today...they said that the MyGIG navigation won't be available until later. Does anybody know when it will be available?
    Thanks

TEST DRIVE Key points:
    - Soft top is really not much louder inside
    - Definitely hear/feel a difference in the ride between the Rubicon and Sahar...Sahara was much better
    - The engine is definitely not a HEMI but it gets the job done
    - Don't expect your dealer to know how to work the different tops
    - They said they are selling these as fast as they get them in, which is true as I pass their dealer and they are always missing one on the lot. They say that they come in often though
    - I'd recommend buying one
  • wiseguy5wiseguy5 Member Posts: 2
    I would recomend a 4.10 ratio. it is the best. I have driven then both. with the 6 speed manual the rpms are not real high about 2200 at 75mph. and still gives you good low end power.
  • wiseguy5wiseguy5 Member Posts: 2
    they have full doors aswell( power windows or not if you want)
    The name is as long as the Jeep itself!

-Paul
    I agree the 07 unlimited does look like the H3.
    I own a 06 H3 and Really like it but, I must say I really like the looks of the unlimited and from the articles I've read it sounds like a pretty good off road rig as well.
    I think I need to go to the dealer to check it out for myself. Who knows maybe I'll get one but, it has to be pretty comfortable and well built like my H3 or I won't give it the time of day!
    I bought a car last week.

Instead of the Rubicon Unlimited or the Sahara Unlimited I got a Pontiac G6 Convertible.

How can you go from a Jeep to a econo-coupe-convertible????? I wanted a convertible. She demanded room for the kids. The Wrangler was a logical choice, until I drove it.

1) There is no place for my left arm
    2) The dealer doesn't have hardly any inventory to choose from, and certainly no 07 Rubicon Unlimiteds
    3) GM has a 100k mile warrantee, DC has about a third of that
    4) I have a Tomcar for off roading, and next year Polaris will come out with a Ranger that will fit my kids.
    5) Putting the roof up and down was a royal pain in the butt. Even the sales people were cursing while struggling with the cloth top. The hard plastic freedom top is a cool idea, but you either go topless or covered. You can't take the top with you on a trip other than in place.

To the Jeep people out there, I feel like I betrayed you. But, to be fair, here in Arizona, the only time for convertibles is winter, and to wait a year for the Jeep would have been too long.

Maybe a used one on Ebay next year?
    I signed for a 2007 RUBICON lease 3 weeks ago, having been told that it would be about 6 weeks to build and ship it. Two weeks ago ,at my inquiry , I was told that Rubicons won't be built (with half-doors) until 01/31/07 . THIS, to put it MILDLY ....STINKS ! Maybe JEEP should put a disclaimer in their multi-million dollar ad campaign that Rubicon customers will have a good long wait for a vehicle of their choice . Otherwise you get a Hobson's. STINKS !
  • cohighlandercohighlander Member Posts: 6
    During the Thanksgiving holiday, I went to GA (Jasper Jeep) to pick up the Wrangler 4-door Sahara I order back in September. I thoroughly trust this dealership as I've bought all of my Jeeps from them, no matter where I'm living when I buy/order. I was told that more than 50 peopled called to buy my Jeep after it arrived. They finally had to move it to the back lot. It now appears that the wait for a 4-door could be as long as three months for orders that go in now. They are still trying to get the dealers stock vehicles built now and, as mentioned, won't start on the special orders until mid-January at the earliest.

Now, as for the vehicle, I put 1400+ miles on it coming home to Colorado and it handled and move like a dream--Jeep. It is a Jeep and everyone, including the auto reviewers, should remember that. But it's the best riding, handling and power-balanced Jeep I've ever owned or driven. I'm absolutely satisfied. More power would have made it dangerous. It passed well on the highway and cruised comfortably at 75+mph. Averaged about 16 to 19 MPG on the break-in trip and seem to be doing better now. Only problem I've noticed is that the MPG calculations in the stock Sahara computer is about 2-2.5 MPG high. I ordered the 17" wheels so that may be the problem, especially if they neglected to reset the pinion factor in the vehicle's computer before it left the factory. I'm taking it in at my earliest opportunity. Otherwise, I super satisifed. And apparently the public is excited about it as well since I've been approached everytime I buy gas or get it washed. Everyone says, "Now I'm ready to buy a Jeep!" As I went into the carwash the other day, one of the girls there held up a handwritten sign that said, "I want your Jeep!" (You young, single fellers should keep that in mind!) >;-)

COhighlander
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    At my dealer in Ohio, Junction Auto, they always have Unlimiteds in stock... Granted they don't sit for long but they are there.
    And good point COhighlander everybody seems to want one of these!
    The wait is due to the half doors only, not the Rubicon part of it.

On a new model, do you really expect things to be done in a same timeframe for every feature? DC is NOT the only one that does that. Even makers like BMW will delay certain features (like their comfort access or whatever they call it) and have it during the mid-year cycle.

This is yet another reason to wait a year on a new model. :)

Hope your wait isn't pushed out further. But demand, and those queued up ahead of you, may dictate you length of wait.

-Paul
  • nolid5nolid5 Member Posts: 148
    I gotta admit I'm very impressed. NHTSA 5 Star Frontal crash link
  • gordenbeckgordenbeck Member Posts: 1
    The CJ... Ah, what fond memories. And yes, THAT was a Jeep in every sense of the word. I could take that thing anywhere. It did ride like a Jeep should - rough on road and superb off-road. That's why it's a Jeep. If you want a smooth ride then you aren't going to be able to get a quality 'combo' vehicle that will do both. The new Z71's are pretty close, but still can't match a Jeep's capability off road. While the 258 inline 6 in the old CJ's lacked in speed they were more than capable in handling anything I ever put it through off road, and I put it through a lot (mud/rocks/snow/sand/whatever. I had an '82 CJ-7 Renegade and wish I had never sold it... I'd still drive it today if I could.
This discussion has been closed.