Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    Im very impressed with the OME suspension system. The ride is soooo much better than stock.

I do not have any Vibes at all as i drove it 25 miles home on the highway. I gained a total of 4 inches with the JKS 1.25" Body Lift and OME System so went from 19" to 23" NICE. It looks like there is plenty of room to fit 33's.

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice and the OME is worth EVERY Penny......

Id post some pics but dont know how....
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The easiest way to post pics is to set up a CarSpace.com album. Follow the prompts under Manage Albums to copy your photos from your computer to the album(s).

When that's done, there's a handy link box below each photo you can use to paste pics in the discussions.
  • mr_anton89mr_anton89 Member Posts: 72
    I had this same problem when I got my unlimited in novemeber. The only differences between these two, when you get the S option package on the X, are the YES seats that don't stain, colored fenders (if you are getting a black one you can't really tell the difference), silver guage cluster, and unless you ordered it as an option on the X, the infinity sound system. Also, you only get the Sahara's standard 17s, as the 18's are Sahara specific. Wasn't a big deal to me, so I figured I could forgo those differences even though I went looking for a Sahara, and I was able to get a black one as i wanted with no wait. There is nothing your missing out on, unless having it say Sahara on the side instead of X is a big deal to you. Good luck
  • bigtoys2bigtoys2 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased this vehicle three weeks ago. Last weekend we went on a 700 mile round trip and jeep did great. I have the 6-speed with towing package and didn't seem to have power issues. My MPG average was around 20 and went from 85 MPH to 65 MPH most of the trip. I have done some 4-wheeling and jeep was awesome. I understand that a small V-8 would be nice but OMG give it a rest. Sounds like some folks are looking for a Grand Cherokee. You want a big [non-permissible content removed] SUV go buy something else, its a jeep thing, love it or leave it alone.
  • trin64trin64 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm in the process of purchasing a 2007 Sahara Unlimited. I've read several reviews on Edmunds that while driving, the Unlimiteds' engine shutting down or cutting off for several seconds without warning. I was wondering if anyone has, had this problem, or knew something more about it. I'm a teacher and drive almost 2 hours each way to work. Any information would really be appreciated. Thank you.
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Member Posts: 63
    I had one episode where it apperared that all lights went out for about a second . I have about 5,000 miles on my Rubicon now and it has not happened again. :D
  • edf4edf4 Member Posts: 65
    I have a 2007 JK Unlimited X, six speed, with @ 6500 miles and have never had, (knock on wood), the Jeep stall out on me. I have however read of others having this happen to them, but most all seem to have been owners with the electric windows and/or mygig system, neither of which I have in my Jeep. Personally, I would not let this stop you if you are considering this Jeep: it is a great value, well built, fun to drive, stable on the road (4 door model anyway) and very capable off road, fun in summer whether equipped with the hard or soft top, though the Freedom top is the most vesrital if you live in a cold climate. I'm smiling whenever I drive it.
  • jerrydockjerrydock Member Posts: 29
    My wife and I run an ecotourism business and use a 1974 Land rover Series III. It will be getting a frame off restoration next year and we decided to go look at the Wrangler Unlimited. I had done some research so I had a few questions.

The dealer (Neuwirth Motors, Wilmington, NC) had already convinced me that I would NOT be buying from them because of their adveritising; "At Neuwirth Motors we put God Country and You first. PLEASE. I need you to sell me a vehicle, not stuff religion, country and family into the deal.

They only had 3 and they were all fully equipped.

What we are going to buy is a white (so we can have zebra stripes on it) 6 speed, soft top (which will be stored and never used), half doors, no carpet, no A/C.

The moron who "waited on us" did not have a clue. I had to tell him about the half doors AND he could not tell me how much "delete A/C" would take off the price.

I will let you know how well I do with the Shalotte, NC dealer.
    I just got off the phone with the Shalotte Jeep dealer (nabor Chrysler Dodge jeep) and put a deposit on a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited diesel.

They will custom order to my specs.
    White
    Half doors
    No carpet
    No A/C
    Diesel
    Manual transmission

Best of all, no one said a thing about God/Country/Family.

Not like the morons I ran into at Neuwirth Motors in Wilmington.
  • goducks1goducks1 Member Posts: 432
    I've used the Jeep dealer in Shallotte before, my parents live in Holden Beach (I live up in Atlantic Beach). They are quite nice.
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    So it is a confirmed deal that the diesel is going in the JK now? I didn't know that it had been decided. Which diesel? Any information on the engine for this?

-Paul
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport l4 Diesel 2.8 Specifications

Engine
    Bore & Stroke: -
    Displacement: -
    Compression Ratio: -
    Fuel System: Diesel
    Engine Block: 2.8 liters, CRD I
    Maximum Power: 130kW@3800rpm
    Max Torque: 410Nm@2000rpm
    Cylinders: -
    Valves: -

Transmission: 6 speed manual
    What is your source for this? Not doubting you, just want to see this for myself (I'm from Missouri, so you gotta show me!)

I have a LOT of friends who are wanting a diesel Wrangler and know nothing of this.

-Paul
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    Wrangler enthusiasts have been begging for a diesel for years. For reasons best known to themselves, DC has apparently decided to build one, but keep its launch a secret. Given that build numbers of current Rubicon are severely restricted due to low component volume, they're probably worried it would be too popular! :(

I had no idea it was going to be immediately available here in the US, however you might find this information from Australia interesting. Measurements are metric and pricing is $AUS.

"2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Pricing & Specifications
    13 Feb, 2007 Car News | 1 Comment | Email This

Jeep today finally revealed the pricing structure for the 2007 all new Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

Pricing starts from $30,990 for the Wranlger whilst the Wrangler Unlimited is priced from $34,990. For the first time ever in a civilian model, the new Jeep Wrangler range will be available with a diesel engine, a 2.8-litre common-rail turbo diesel, which is joined by a 3.8-litre V6 petrol engine.

Gerry Jenkins, managing director for the Chrysler Group in Australia said enabling customers to ‘go anywhere, do anything’ at a great value was a prime consideration in the development of the 2007 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited.

“The Jeep Wrangler is the undisputed global icon in four-wheel driving and to have the best ever Wrangler arriving for sale in Australia in March priced from just $30,990 gets my four-wheel drive juices bubbling!

Australians are already in love with the Wrangler – we are the biggest market in the world for the four-wheel drive icon outside of North America - it suits our thirst for adventure and freedom, and there’s just nothing else like it on the market.

The new Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited take rugged capability and refinement to new levels providing tremendous value to a range of customers and with our sharp pricing we expect the love affair to prosper,” said Jenkins.

Offered in three models –

Wrangler Sport - 3.8-liter V6 engine coupled with a six-speed manual transmission. The recommended retail price (RRP) for Jeep Wrangler Sport is $30,990.
    Wrangler Renegade - Same engine as Sport with added extras - $32,990.
    Wrangler Rubicon –
    VEHICLE PRICING

Jeep Wrangler:

Jeep Wrangler Sport 3.8L V6 Petrol 5-spd manual $30,990
    Jeep Wrangler Sport 3.8L V6 Petrol 4-spd automatic $32,990
    Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.8L I4 Diesel 6-spd manual $34,990
    Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.8L I4 Diesel 5-spd automatic $36,990
    eep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8L V6 Petrol 5-spd manual $39,990
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8L V6 Petrol 4-spd automatic $41,990
    OPTIONS PRICING

Premium Paint (Sport and Rubicon) $300
    Renegade Pack (Sport only) $2,000
    6-disc CD (Rubicon only) $600
    Dual Top Group (Rubicon only) $2,000
    Half Doors -($250)
    Front Seat-mounted Side Airbags
    (Sport and Rubicon) $600

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited:

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 3.8L V6 Petrol 5-spd manual $34,990
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 3.8L V6 Petrol 4-spd automatic $36,990
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2.8L I4 Diesel 6-spd manual $38,990
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2.8L I4 Diesel 5-spd automatic $40,990
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.8L V6 Petrol 5-spd manual $43,990
    Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.8L V6 Petrol 4-spd automatic $45,990
    OPTIONS PRICING

Premium Paint (Sport and Rubicon) $300
    Renegade Pack (Sport only) $2,500
    6-disc CD (Rubicon only) $600
    Dual Top Group (Rubicon only) $2,500
    Half Doors -($500)
    Front Seat-mounted Side Airbags
    (Sport and Rubicon) $600

With dozens of different top, door and windshield combinations, nine unique exterior colours and available 16 or 17-inch wheels, the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler provides a customised appearance for a variety of customers.

Jeep Wrangler Sport

Standard equipment on Jeep Wrangler Sport includes

Electronic Stability Program (ESP),
    Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM),
    four-wheel-disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS),
    4-wheel brake traction control (4BTC),
    Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System,
    driver and front passenger multi-stage front airbags,
    cruise control,
    fog lamps,
    power locks with keyless entry,
    power front windows, soft top,
    16-inch alloy wheels,
    full-size spare tire and P225/75R on/off road tires,
    skid plates for transfer case and fuel tank,
    easy access tip-and-slide seats,
    driver-seat height adjuster,
    rear folding seat,
    air conditioning,
    mini floor console,
    locking glove box,
    compass and temperature gauge,
    12-volt auxiliary power outlet,
    tilt steering wheel
    AM/FM CD radio with MP3/Auxillary input and six speakers.
    Optional features offered with Jeep Wrangler Sport model

four-speed automatic transmission,
    half doors and front seat mounted side air bags.

Jeep Wrangler Renegade

Over $4,000 of additional value for only $2,000 is the point of this car. You can get the four-door form only an extra $2,500.

In addition to standard features on the Jeep Wrangler Sport, Renegade includes

a dual top with Sunrider soft-top and Freedom Top 3-piece modular hard top,
    deep tint glass,
    6-disc CD/DVD player,
    Infinity premium speakers with subwoofer and
    tubular side steps.
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

In addition to standard features on the Jeep Wrangler Sport the Rubicon model includes

electric-disconnecting front sway bar,
    Rock-Trac® 4:1 part-time transfer case,
    heavy-duty Dana 44 front and rear axles,
    Tru-lok® locking front and rear differentials,
    4.10 axle ratio,
    rock rails,
    17-inch machined-cast aluminium wheels with 225/75 Goodyear All Terrain tyres and yes Essentials stain,
    odour-resistant seat fabric
    infinity premium speakers and subwoofer.
    Beyond the optional equipment offered with Jeep Wrangler Sport, available options with Wrangler Rubicon include dual top and 6 disk CD changer.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    Wheelbase 2424; 2947
    Overall length – includes spare tyre 4223; 4751
    Overall width without mirrors 1873; 1877
    Overall height (soft top/hardtop) 1865/1840; 1865/1840
    Track — front/rear 1572; 1572
    Kerb weight kg
    — 3.8L V6 1745-1855; 1875-2050
    — 2.8L CRD Turbo Diesel 1805-1975; 1955-2105
    Turning diameter m 10.36; 12.25
    Seating capacity — front/rear 2/2; 2/3
    Head room — front/rear 1048/1025; 1048/1025
    Leg room — front/rear 1040/905; 1040/945
    Shoulder room — front/rear 1417/1566; 1417/1443
    Hip room — front/rear 1413/1136; 1413/1440
    Cargo capacity L
    — All seats in place 490; 1310
    — 2nd row folded 1600; 2320
    — 2nd row removed 1730; not applicable
    Fuel tank capacity L
    - Petrol 70.4; 79.5
    - Diesel 66.6; 79.5
    Standard Engine 3.8L V6
    — Power kW (Hp) @ rpm 146 (199) @ 5000
    — Torque Nm @ rpm 315 @ 4000
    Optional Engine 2.8L CRD Turbo Diesel
    — Power kW (Hp) @ rpm 130 (177) @ 3800
    — Torque Nm @ rpm 410 @ 2000-2600 man. transmission
    400 @ 2000-2600 auto transmission
    Transmissions
    — 6-speed manual overdrive (NSG370) Std (all mode
    continued.......

"— 4-speed automatic overdrive (42RLE-VLP) Opt (3.8L petrol only); Opt (3.8L petrol only)
    — 5-speed automatic overdrive (545RFE) Opt (2.8L diesel only); Opt (2.8L diesel only)
    Max towing capacity/tongue weight kg 1600/160; 2300/170
    4×4 systems
    — Command-Trac® (Sport, Renegade) Part-time; Part-time
    — Rock-Trac® (Rubicon) w/front and rear diff locks Part-time heavy-duty; Part-time heavy-duty
    Running ground clearance
    — Front axle to ground – P245/75R16 (Sport Renegade) 243; 243
    — Front axle to ground – P255/75R17 (Rubicon) 261; 258
    — Rear axle to ground – P245/75R16 (Sport, Renegade) 238; 236
    — Rear axle to ground – P255/75R17 (Rubicon) 256; 253
    Approach angle (Sport, Renegade) 36.4; 36.5
    Approach angle (Rubicon) 37.8; 37.9
    Departure angle (Sport, Renegade) 29.8; 29.8
    Departure angle (Rubicon) 31.2; 31.3
    Breakover angle (Sport, Renegade) 23.1 19.0
    Breakover angle (Rubicon) 24.9 20.3
    Water Fording Depth 482mm @ 8Kph; 482mm @ 8Kph"

LINK HERE.
    Mac, thanks for that posting. I just wanted to see the North America/US availability saying that same thing...

-Paul
    So would I, because it's obviously slipped by under my radar (not that that's significant to anyone else).
    You will have to wait until the 2008s are on display here. I bought mine without seeing it. I know what I want and will not waste a dealers/salesman's time tire kicking.
  • dnorrelldnorrell Member Posts: 3
    So I can go into my local Colorado Jeep dealership and put a deposit down on an '08 diesel Wrangler?? Is this true?
    That all depends on your dealer. Dealers are independent business owners. The first dealer I went to, Neuwirth Motors, was clueless. The second one I went to, Nabor, knew how to do the deal. Good luck. Keep a close eye out for the 08 introduction date. I have a friedn in Australia who bought the diesel model last month and loves it.
    I would sure hope that the Aussie model's diesel is the same as the one we'd get here stateside. Not sure on US law/regulation for diesels.

You are much braver than I to buy a new model year sight unseen even w/o the official announcement.

-Paul
    Out of curiousity, I called the Naber dealership and asked them if I could do this. I am waiting on a call back from the Internet Manager. I suppose I am worried that they are taking deposits on vehicles that may, or may not be released. Nonetheless, I am very excited at the prospect of this :)

Who did you speak with there?
  • boredbored Member Posts: 300
    Nothing is official until it's official. No press release = no diesel powered Wrangler, and they'd have announced it by now.

2009.... maybe.
    Yup...I think I agree. I called a number of dealerships local to me and spoke with sales managers. Not one was able to confirm a 2008 diesel, or was willing to take a deposit on one. Bummer...I got excited for a moment, but it doesn't look good for diesel in '08 :cry:
  • dcjeep1dcjeep1 Member Posts: 1
    I am having problems deciding between a Hard Top v. Soft Top on the 2007 Wrangler X 4WD. I live in Washington, DC and was not sure if anyone could offer some advice of the Soft top in the winter here. I used to live in Cleveland and would definitely get a hard top if I still lived there. Also any recommendations on getting the half doors, I think the jeep looks better with the half doors and the top off but am not too excited about having to unzip the window. Thanks.
    I think that the soft top, despite all the hassle it engenders is the only way to go. See post-winter pictures at
    http://www.carspace.com/giantsin06/?50@@.59f1a27b and I think you'll agree that with the top off this is the greatest looking car in the world ! :shades:
    Great color I agree, virtually the same as my '99 Sahara, but you should know by now that it is not a 'CAR'!!! :shades:
    well maybe it's NOT JUST A CAR. ;)
    Let the record show that I was quoting Karl in that title. I knew I should have stuck quotes in. ;)

My '74 CJ-5 was Jeep Green too. :D
    Green is the only true Jeep color! ;)

BTW, I saw one JUST like that today with top off and doors removed going to work! :)

-Paul
  • kgabehurtkgabehurt Member Posts: 84
    Mauder said that rank-and-file support for an employee buyout grew in Toledo after one high-ranking union official, whom she would not identify, had told a union meeting there that Cerberus planned to cut another 30,000 jobs at Chrysler, close five plants and sell the Jeep brand if it were successful in buying the company.

A spokeswoman for Cerberus could not comment on plans beyond the public statements
  • peter47peter47 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2007 Wrangler X. I have had it since mid March and in the last month or so I have noticed a fairly loud whistling noise as I approach 80KM/50MI/Hr which seems to disappear when I get up to about 100KM/60MI/hr. When sitting in a normal driving position you hear it the loudest; if I lean toward the windshield or over toward the passenger seat I can't hear it as much. It seems to be coming from behind the instrument panel. I think(?) it is wind noise but I am not sure. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Ride along on our 2007 Wrangler long-term test and post your comments along the way.

Long-Term Test: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4
  • jeepgrlsjeepgrls Member Posts: 3
    So, I bought an Unlimited Wrangler over the weekend and the dealership and I were both suprised when we noticed my 6-changer CD/Satellite radio also supports DVDs...has the DVD symbol, etc. The dealer says there's no way to use the DVD feature in the Wranger...there's not an option to install a screen. Jeep.com customer service was also shocked to hear that the Wrangler had a DVD capable stereo in it and suggested I ignore the capability since they didn't realize it was there.

SO> does anyone know what my options are for adding a screen? Any info on what input may be hidden in the console? I have the MOPAR® REQ AM/FM Stereo with six-disc CD/DVD Player and Satellite Radio Receiver.

Thanks!
    The fact that the people at your dealer are idiots is nto a surprise. Go to a premium auto sound store and have them take a look at it. I use soundtronics here; I am sure your town has some knowledgable people.
    May want to move this to the Wrangler discussion groups, but there IS a DVD audio format that I've seen before. Perhaps it is the audio format you're seeing.

Does the 07 Wrangler use a DVD-based navigation setup?

-Paul
  • heidisheidis Member Posts: 2
    Heya guys, looks like y'all need to brush up on your Jeep codes. The only Jeep to carry an FJ moniker was a VAN. In this article you refer to the current Wrangler models as FJ's, where I think you meant TJ. And FYI the new 2007 Wrangler is a JK and the 4 door model is a JKL.

Here's a good reference to start brushing up with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep
    I think the editors still have FJ stuck in their minds from the FJ Cruiser that has been in the fleet the past year and is soon to leave.

I still think of all of them as CJ's since that's the kind I had back in the 70's. :blush:
    The reviewer was obviously wishing he'd been given a Toyota to review instead. :shades:
  • zjevzjev Member Posts: 1
    I'm sure others have already pointed this out. The editor said that Jeep wrangler Unlimited Sahara is the longest name you can get in a Jeep? Come on, how about the Rubicon, that would make it one letter longer guys. Not that anyone cares about stuff like that, but obviously the editor cared and decided to look smart and write it, but still got it wrong!
    I am not sure about JKL being a legitimate code for the JK 4 door version. Jeep has traditionally used 2 letter designations for their models. Just like there was no official TJL for the Wrangler Unlimited, I don't think it is a legit one for JK's either.

Not to bash Wiki, but I'd believe it a LOT more if I saw it on a Jeep.com site or publication from DC or whatever they're name is going to be now.

-Paul
  • campymancampyman Member Posts: 13
    Somebody is missing the toyo!
  • mreipmreip Member Posts: 9
    Check and see if it does it at between 1500 and 2000 RPM's? Does it sound like a wear indicator when brakes need changed? Read transmission problems.
  • momofpjmomofpj Member Posts: 2
    I havent gone to test drive the wrangler unlimited yet and i wanted to know how the ride was..
    Also would u consider putting a infant in this vehicle?
    Thanks in advance!
    I don't have a naviagation system...but the presence of DVD video has been confirmed. Still haven't found anyone who can figure out how to install a screen tho.
    I would put an infant in it...I had a 2-door when my youngest was an infant and I didn't like that...with the 4-door it's much better because both of my kids have full doors in the back, so even with the top off, they don't have the option of throwing anything out easily or being hit by anything flying in.

It's a very comfortable jeep. I traded in a '04 Liberty Renengade for the Unlimited and we like it MUCH better.
  • momofpjmomofpj Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply! im trying to get feedback about the vehicle, i really want to trade my charger in for it!
  • guy21guy21 Member Posts: 129
    Just pickup up a 2007 X and traded in my 2004 X. What a difference in features, comfort and convenience. Glad I did it. However, there are a couple of design quirks on the new ones.

Fender Flares - the front flares are held to the body by two bolts near the top center and plastic clips in the corners. Result; the corners seem a little loose. The rear flares are only held on by plastic clips. Result; I doubt they will fall off, but the entire rear flares seem very loose. Opinion; DCX needs to design a better clip.

Dash Panel - between the top of the dash and the inside of the windshield there is about a 1" gap the entire width of the dash. I suspect this has something to do with the mechanics of lowering the windshield, but the current design would allow anything to leak, fall (or crawl) behind the dash and potentially short out or corrode the electrics. Opinion; DCX needs to gasket this area somehow.
  • peter47peter47 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have narrowed the source down to the top of the windshield or roof.
This discussion has been closed.