Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Entourage Prices Paid and Buying Experience

124»

Comments

• 88hodori88hodori Member Posts: 11
    OK, so it looks like at least one out of state dealer is selling a used 2008 Entourage Limited, fully loaded, sub 100 miles, at 22750, before TTL and cost of shipping.

Is this a decent price? That's 3250 less than what the local dealer wants here.
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    I would not buy it unless you could drive it first........
  • packratvegapackratvega Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new 2008 Entourage GLS off a dealer's lot in Columbus OH for $15640 including title and documents (not including tax). MSRP was $24865. I received
    a $4000 Hyundai discount, $4000 off from the dealer and a $1500 owner loyalty rebate.
    When the price roller itself out, I signed the agreement immediately.
    This was back in Feburary so good deals are out there.
    Wow. That's practically a steal. How do you like the car?
  • needaminivanneedaminivan Member Posts: 6
    Working with a dealer in Dallas who offered me $25K OTD on a 2008 Limited with Ultimate Package (DVD, Roof, etc.). This seems to be a really good deal but given the lack of recent entries, I am not so sure. Anybody have recent experience?
    Just curious... is that for a NEW car sale, or a used (previously titled) sale?
  • nerdlyonenerdlyone Member Posts: 3
    A local dealer is selling a 2008 Entourage Limited with the Ultimate Package as new (or so they claim--anybody know what rules apply on that in California?).

We want new so we get the 100K powertrain warranty, but the car has 6K miles on it and two dents (probably too deep to just pull out, and quarter sized; on different quarter panels, so if you wanted to fix it would be more). Interior isn't really mint--has a few small stains. We drove almost an hour to get to this dealer, and they mentioned none of this over the phone beforehand, so we walked out without buying even though we went in prepared to buy if we could get them to come down a couple thousand.

They are asking just under 28,000 after the 4K rebate which is obviously not a realistic price. I otherwise like the car, but I'm not sure what's a fair price in light of the damage to the car.

I was hoping for around $24K after the $4K rebate and the $1K owner loyalty bonus, but that was for a truly new car without issues.

Any thoughts on a fair price for this??
    Not a good price... this car was probably a demo unit or a loaner car....
    In Feb I purchased a brand new fully loaded Entourage with 4 miles on the ODO after all rebates I purchased it for $24330 plus T&L it also had Blue tooth , Mud flaps, Cargo system, and bug deflector. The Entourage is discontinued so you should get a better deal. If not try the Kia Sedona ( same as Entourage with slightly different front and rear) Kia is owned by Hyundai and this model is not going to be discontinued
    It's a vehicle that they purchased at auction. Never been titled.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Hyundai vehicle recently (within the past four months) because of the Hyundai Assurance Program. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, June 5, 2009.
    Just bought a Silver Entourage Limited with Ultimate package for $24.8 OTD. No trade. This was purchased at auction 6/3 as one of 12 Entourage Vans with <50 miles on the Odometer. I understand that there are a few others to be run at auctions within alternate cities over the next few weeks (I recall Chicago being named as one of the cities, don't recall others). Talk to your local dealer and see if he/she will buy you one of these while at the upcoming auction.

Good Luck!
  • davethecarnutdavethecarnut Member Posts: 248
    As long as you get the warranty AND it's an OTD price, that seems pretty fair.
  • dcibrandodcibrando Member Posts: 90
    needaminivan - what was your price before all the taxes, extras, etc. (not the OTD price) just curious so I can work with this too :)

thanks!
    2008 Entourage Limited with ultimate package (being sold as used but only with 17 miles)

$25,682 (before taxes, title, dealer fees, etc.)

how low can they go? also what is the risk of this being bought as 'used' rather than new in regards to warranty?
    I have noticed that Ebay motors is selling several Entourages.. I appears that these are bought at auction and the Texas dealer put them on Ebay.
    Several Hyundai dealerships must have taken their stock and dumped them on a used car auction house. The 5year 60K warranty should be OK but I doubt the 10 year 100K warranty would be honored . If purchased one would have to pick up the car in Texas or have the car shipped. I would NEVER buy a car sight unseen
  • cw30000cw30000 Member Posts: 11
    A dealer asking for 24k before rebate, tax & tag for new 2008 limited with ultimate package.

Another deal say they can match that price and throw up extra.

Is it a good deal consider the vehicle is discontinued?
    HOLY COW are you serious?

You mean $24k for a 2008 (new) limited w/ ultimate package BEFORE $4,000 and $1,000 loyalty rebate for a 2008 (new) entourage? That would come to $19k (i assume before taxes, title, etc.)

I need to know if this is for real or not and where to find this... I need to use this as a negotiating tool :)

email dcibrando@yahoo.com
    $23,200 = Selling Price
    $1,450 = Sales tax
    $243 = Misc fees, Plate, title, License, etc
    So, is the selling price BEFORE the rebate? I assume this is a NEW sale (full warranty), and not USED?

$23.2K inclusive of the rebate (meaning AFTER the rebate), for a NEW sale seems like a good price to me. Certainly at least $2K better than the best I could get from central Texas dealers (for a USED sale). New car purchases also qualify for year-end tax savings as well, so that's actually a pretty sweet deal. If the purchase also qualifies for the $4K HYUNDAY rebate, then close the deal right now!

Seems like the dealers in your neck of the woods have stock. Could you let me know--post here, send me private message--the names of the dealers and where they are located? We've been looking for close to two months now...Thanks.
    I think you are confusing your messages. I explained that mine was purchased at auction - Thus being officially considered a used vehicle. However, the van had only 20 miles on it and the full warranty. There are no dealers in North Texas with any "new" Limited's in stock - At least there wasn't 3+ weeks ago. In other words, I think the $4k rebate is a myth.
    needaminivan, yes, yes, you are right. I meant to reply/comment on the post by cw30080...
    So, is the selling price BEFORE the rebate? I assume this is a NEW sale (full warranty), and not USED?

$23.2K inclusive of the rebate (meaning AFTER the rebate), for a NEW sale seems like a good price to me. Certainly at least $2K better than the best I could get from central Texas dealers (for a USED sale). New car purchases also qualify for year-end tax savings as well, so that's actually a pretty sweet deal. If the purchase also qualifies for the $4K HYUNDAI rebate, then close the deal right now!

Seems like the dealers in your neck of the woods have stock. Could you let me know--post here, send me private message--the names of the dealers and where they are located? We've been looking for close to two months now...Thanks.
  • bostondude001bostondude001 Member Posts: 20
    What is the difference between Ultimate Package & Premium Package.?

Here is what the Premium Package has

POPULAR EQUIPMENT PKG -inc: dual pwr sliding doors, backup warning sensors, pwr rear quarter glass, pwr driver seat, steering wheel audio controls

PREMIUM PKG -inc: dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, heated exterior mirrors, 17" alloy wheels, Infinity AM/FM stereo w/CD/MP3 changer, Logic 7 surround sound, rear seat DVD entertainment system w/8" LCD screen, leather wrapped steering wheel & shift knob, trip computer, compass, solar control glass, chrome interior door handles, wood or metal grain trim, front dual automatic air conditioning, manual rear air conditioning, chrome exterior door handles, automatic headlights, fog lights, body-color rear license plate garnish w/chrome accent (REQ: 02 Popular Equipment Pkg)

ULTIMATE PACKAGE :confuse:
    ?????
  • haggleleehagglelee Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2008 Entourage in Richmond, VA- at Pearson Hyundai- for 21,200 - out the door. I took in an advertisement (expired even) for 20,999 (including fine print- owner loyalty, military, new grad, etc. and excluding taxes/fees). I insisted I wanted teh 20,999 "out the door" they said they'd see what they could do. The guy came back with a price of 24k and some change after taxes, fees, etc. I said, no thanks, I can get the Kia van for 23 (and I'd already talked to my Kia dealer, but did not have a written offer), and my main concern is price (I was 2 days from having twins!). He went to "talk with his manager," and came back with 22,900. He then lef me to discuss with my significant other. We then went up to the desk and said we'd think about it. He came out quickly and said, "no, no- what can I do to get you to buy this car today?" I said, give it to me for 20,999 out the door. He said, "there's only so low we can go. we have to make money, blah blah blah." I said, ok, well, then we can't buy today. He said "hold on" got th e"manager" to come to the table, and the manager gave us the same lines he had. We said, "no thanks," and again rose to leave. The manager said, "hold on, I think we can do something else here." He then gave it to us for $21,200 "out the door" taxes/fees and all included in that price. We signed a few papers, took the van home, and I brought back a check the next day, as the dealership had closed- we came in an hour before closing time (we had outside credit union financing- we did not reveal that prior to negotiating!).

I suggest using this tactic everywhere you go, for any vehicle. If they say no, leave and try somewhere else. If everyone says no, you can at least get the absolute low from your area dealers- and you'll know that. They never want you to leave and think about it- or get a better offer. And, I never act like I really like a car I test drive that much. I point out features I don't necessarily care for as I'm driving. Also, you must have an accomplice with you when you do this- to discuss openly, in front of the salesman what you don't like about the vehicle he's selling, and what you did like, and are willing to pay more for, regarding a competing brand.

Money in the bank!
This discussion has been closed.