Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Entourage Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Entourage incentives are up to $2500, with no financing strings attached. Fitzmall is showing sale prices at $3100 to $3400 below invoice
  • ptigerptiger Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at an Entourage SE. Considering the current $2500 rebate, is $22,000 a good place to start negotiating?
    Entourage SE. Considering the current $2500 rebate, is $22,000 a good place to start negotiating?

Invoice with Destination is $25,762. Fitzmall low price is $22,650. 22 flat may be low, but 22,5 may be doable.

Most people recommend soliciting bids first, rather than going in cold to negotiate.
  • k4risk4ris Member Posts: 2
    Unspecified mid florida west coast Hyundai dealership - an email offer was made and accepted, no face to face discussion before hand, for the following: Hyundai SE with Premium Ent Package 26K TTL final price out the door - There was a trade in vehicle for flat value no co$t - walkaway payoff but not upside down.
  • dectwinsdectwins Member Posts: 1
    Purchased an Entourage Limited for 6,000 off MSRP. 29,495-2500 Rebate- 3500 extra off = 23,495...no trade. Pretty good deal considering I was just going to buy the SE and one dealership quoted me 23,400 for that one! Love it so far!
  • capecoralbillcapecoralbill Member Posts: 51
    What does your sentence mean? quote: "There was a trade in vehicle for flat value no co$t - walkaway payoff but not upside down. " ?????????????
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    The payoff on the loan equaled the amount given for the trade-in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• k4risk4ris Member Posts: 2
    NEW PORT RICHIE HYUNDAI ROCKS TAMPA BAY
    OK here is the final deal out the door on 4-20-07.
    Dealer: New Port Richie Hyundai, FL CONTACT INTERNET SALES DEPT
    31795 <<MSRP Sticker for 2007 Entourage Limited with the (E) Entertainment packaqe
    26509 <<Final Price out the door THAT includes TAX TITLE LICENSE. Also thrown in was cross rails roof rack, mats, cargo net and a full tank of gas.
    ----------
    13473 Payoff for a 2004 2WD, 4D Chevy Tblazer, EXT LS, exclt condition with 37000 miles on it - full pay off for this tradein, and what i meant in previous post was there was NOT any flipping of residual debt from the chevy into the hyundai note - we walked away from the note. This dealer gave us the FULL NOTE VALUE for credit - we call that a wash.
    ----------
    This internet sales dept at New Port Richie Hyundai, FL was EXCELLENT
    Professional, fast, to the point, and a pleasure to do business with.
    After initial quotes received for an SE w/ PE the bottom being 24750 out the door, we decided that the leather was nice enough to pursue. My final deal had to get approval from the dealer owner. I dont know anybody personally in their company, and I just negotiatied. 8 Tampa Bay area Dealers were first contacted by email and this dealer wanted the sale. Another dealer down on the south side of the bay was near this. BUT ONLY New Port Richie Hyundai, FL moves 400 HYUNDAIS a month, about 25% thru their inernet sale dept - these guys are serious sbout sales!!!!! call them!!!!!! and peace be with you........

p.s. we aint got no vibration at 75 mph and we love this van.
  • josm100josm100 Member Posts: 30
    Just did a deal for a Hyundai Entourage SE with Premium package in NC for $24024 out the door. I'm delighted with this deal. The sales person was particularly helpful and the financing is very good. I look forward to taking delivery, will test drive at 75mph for bad vibrations! Cheers :)
    Congrats, I'm about to be the father of twin boys too, Did you buy the entourage? I just got a deal for one at $24024, (premium package SE)and I'll be taking delivery on May 21st. Hope the twins are well, Joe. :):)
    Go to the Hyundai website, www.hyundaiusa.com, the warranty is much better than that.
  • matt1969matt1969 Member Posts: 1
    hi,can anyone out there tell me how they got a limited with the dvd package for 26400$ out the door?i have bin dealing with my local dealers in the west palm beach area.i call and emailed the dealer in new port Richie and he said no one can sell them for that cheap.so if anybody got a really good deal please let me know where and who you delt with ,cause i really don't want play the games with the salesmen.please email me any info. mattstetson76@gmail.com or budheatr@aol.com
    thanks
    matt
  • shaky4shaky4 Member Posts: 25
    The best I could do was $27800 for limited with ultimate package + taxes ($29,600 OTD, MSRP was 34,295). I am wondering if I paid too much. I bought mine last Friday 05/05/07
  • greytautumngreytautumn Member Posts: 38
    That sounds like a solid deal to me. I'm looking at Sienna LE w/pkg 3 for about 27k- not nearly as loaded. An equivalent Sienna is North of 30k easily. We'll drive the van into the ground, so we're not as concerned about resale.

Numbers like that have put the Entourage firmly on my list.
    I wanted to keep an open mind and tried 12 other brands (I drive a hyundai XG300L which has been bulletproof and sold my Kia 2002 Sedona last thursday which was equally wonderful).

A comparable toyota XLE Limited (without AWD) was $38500 at Performance toyota in cincinnati and the odyssey touring w/o AWD was $34,500. Base Odyssey EX-L was 28,500 but lacked power tailgate, backup sensors, mp3 player, dvd player, power passenger seat, fog lights, memory seats and power pedals. Honda wanted $1000 for 5 yr road side assistance which is included with the Hyundai. Buying the Entourage was a no brainer!!

Also look under the hood of a sienna, you can drop a volleyball through the engine bay. The Entourage engine bay looks more like a Mercedes/BMW one.

My wife actually had tears in her eyes the first time she drove it, it was that smooth.

BTW, I also test drove the Mercedes R320 just for the heck of it but could not afford the $55,200 price tag for a R320CDI.
    My local Hyundai dealer is advertizing an 07 Entourage GLS at $19k. Not a demo. This is $4650 below invoice. There is an announced $2500 rebate, but I was wondering if there's something else out there to make this go down much more.
  • 2hyundaifamily2hyundaifamily Member Posts: 14
    We just bought an Entourage SE for $22,700 ... nothing fancy in it just stock with mats, roof rack cross rails and cargo net. We bought the Green Meadow Gray and it is an interesting color; depending on the light it looks either greenish or bluish.

We didn't need anything else in the car as it comes pretty well equipped IMO. Kids are teens, we already have a portable DVD player and my wife wanted another mini van. Haven't driven it much yet but so far it has a very nice ride.

Bought it at Fred Beans Hyundai in PA ... it was a great experience.

Did get a price of $22,600 for a SE with the premium package in it in the same color at a different dealer ... two things I didn't like was the car's carpeting really was dirty and they wouldn't give me what I wanted on my trade in. This may have been a better deal but ultimately the bottom line was the $$$ coming out of my pocket.

I think both prices are decent prices.
  • pharmboy1pharmboy1 Member Posts: 2
    Found this site to be very helpful and wanted to post recent price paid in Indianapolis. Entourage Limited with entertainment package and carpeted floor mats $27400 plus tax.
  • gkamigkami Member Posts: 3
    Seattle area - Current quote is for the Entourage Limited $24,475 or $27,995 with the ultimate package.

Interesting experience visiting two dealers last night. Both were essentially sold out of the entourages. One that I had the best quote from had none and sent me down to another dealer to test drive and hopefully come back.

The other dealer had only one on hand. Fortunately it was a limited version so we could at least see what we wanted to. I have to say the sales guy was the most non-caring or interactive person I'd ever met at a dealer. He stood around outside and just watched us. When we were done he asked if we wanted to take it home and I said, no because we don't want white. He gave me his card and said "Thanks for coming by, if you need anything let me know."

I was amazed that he did ask what I really was looking for or discuss price or anything. Oh well.

Is anyone else running into this scarcity issue? I'm wondering if they are scaling back in preparation for the 2008's coming soon.
  • capecoralbillcapecoralbill Member Posts: 51
    Obrien Hyundai in Ft Myers FL has at least of them on their lot, no shortage there.
    The lack of Entourages was my experience too, they had loads of all the other cars. The other thing I saw was that they either had fully loaded Limiteds or stripped down GLSs, finding a SE was difficult. The color selection was a problem for us as well, the only color that was acceptable for my wife was the Green Meadow Gray - made finding one really hard!

I asked dealers why and basically I was told that they get what they get and that Hyundai looks at what dealers are selling and sends them those types of cars ... if they sell a lot of Sonatas then Hyundai ships them Sonatas.
    More of the same today. Two other dealers had a couple more but not what we were looking for. My wife also wants the Green Meadow Gray.

At least you're getting close with the loaded Limited. I think we've settled on the Limited with the entertainment package. I don't need a sunroof, so I have a few dealers trying to hunt down what we want and convince us why we should go with them. It will probably end up with what they value my trade-in.
    We were looking for a SE

The trade in was the kicker for me. We traded in a 99 Plymouth Voyager and wanted at least $2,000 for it even though Edmunds said it was worth $3200 or so.

Most dealers only wanted to give me $1000 but I held my ground since I had 3 cars available at home, I just went to another dealer.

We didn't want a Limited unless the price was right and what we found was dealers install their own options onto the car to jack the price up as well. We felt the SE has all of the items we "needed" and more. I did get a better deal on a more factory optioned Entourage SE but they wouldn't give me what I wanted for the trade ... I just walked out and went to another dealer and bought the one I have.

Green Meadow Gray is an interesting color, at times it looks green, at times it looks blue and very rarely it looks gray; it all depends on the lighting.
  • kaufmhkaufmh Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

What dealer gave you a quote of 22600 for an SE with the Premium package? I am looking to purchase a similar vehicle but have been unable to get a price like that.

kaufmh@msn.com
    It was a dealer in NJ. I was a repeat customer, I think it had been sitting on the lot a while and they were hurting for business.

I remember commenting to the salesperson how dirty the rug was and I didn't know if I wanted the car ... he assured me that the car would be prepped and I wouldn't know it was dirty.

Had they came up with the $2000 trade in I would have bought it. They called the next day and I told them I bought another SE. I was more interested in the bottom line out of my pocket than having more options in the car.
  • kaufmhkaufmh Member Posts: 5
    Do you remember which dealer in NJ? Would you mind giving me the name of the salesperson you dealt with at place you bought the minivan from? kaufmh@msn.com
  • nickkotakisnickkotakis Member Posts: 3
    All- I just wanted to thank everyone for participating in this awesome board. I was well prepared when I went in to negotiate thanks to everyone here! Just bought an Entourage Limited w/ Ultimate package:

Vehicle Price- $27,990 (after $2,500 rebate)
    Processing Fee- $249
    Tax- $922
    Tags- $62
    Out the door- $29,223

Got this deal at West Broad Hyundai in Richmond, VA.
    Was it $922 in taxes or $1922?. Seems ridiculously low!! If it was $29,223 OTD, you must have purchased for $26,990 which would be the cheapest posted anywhere on this site/continental US.
  • davethecarnutdavethecarnut Member Posts: 248
    What's a "Processing Fee"? I know..... it's a junk fee. Sale price, sales tax, title/registration is all I always pay. Still a good deal though, Nick.
    Yes, $922 is correct for tax. I live in VA. The sales tax is only 3%. That's the deal I got. If it helps, I started by going through Costco's buying service. The "Costo price" on the vehicle was $500 under invoice before rebates. I used that as a starting point for negotiations. I know for a fact the dealer holdback on my van was about $900, which I know still doesn't explain the great deal I got. So Hyundai must be running some other factory to dealer incentives which my dealer dipped into to give me that price. Edmunds doesn't have anything listed like that, so I am not exactly sure what Hyundai is offering right now.

I went to many different dealerships and was quoted as high as $36k for this van (which is over MSRP, that got me mad). I would be glad to give you guys a point of contact if you give me your email address.
    Lol. I didn't want to argue with them over this BS fee since they were giving me such a great deal on the van.
    3% taxes!! Lucky you, the taxes in my city Mason OH are 6.5%. I got my van for $27,800 + taxes on May 7th which was about $1000 more because of higher taxes.

Enjoy your van
    The processing fee is the amount charged by dealerships for doing paperwork including purchasing and loan processing. It also saves you the hassle of taking half day off running to DMV/BMV for registration and is a standard $250 across most dealerships.

The real BS fees is called etch fees and you can plainly refuse that when signing paperwork.
  • mknightmknight Member Posts: 57
    Just bought one yesterday. Entourage SE with Premium package (P) and floormats. $27,970 MSRP. Price paid with rebate was $22,995 before doc fees, taxes, etc. Even adding the $2500 rebate back in, that's $25,495 price paid when Edmunds is listing dealer invoice at $26,538. Dealer sold at $1043 under invoice. They did get $349 doc fee added back in, and paid $500 for our trade, a 94 chevy lumina apv which will probably go to wholesale auction.

I figure some dealer holdback moneys coming back from Hyundai in there somewhere.

--Mike
    Wellllll....doing paperwork is the "business" dealerships are in. It's a part of their job. The loan paperwork is part of the job they do to get "paid" from the finance companies. Doing all that paperwork doesn't benefit me as the consumer. I shouldn't have to pay them to do a part of their job.
    You're absolutely correct about the window VIN etching. The scotchguard fees too.
  • tums33tums33 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased an SE for 21,800.
    Qualified for addition $500 loyalty incentive reflected in price.
    OTD for 24,100 w/ 7% state taxes.

Was this any good?
    I think I could have done a bit better, but it's done.
    I needed a van right away.

So far, the van is great but the brakes do feel like the front rotors are slightly warped. Going to take it back in for an evaluation. My previous hyundai was the exact same way but the dealer took car of it without question. I'll post brake update in appropriate forum.
  • stachstachstachstach Member Posts: 2
    Just struck a deal for an Entourage SE with the Premium package (and mats, crossbars, and cargo net options) for $23,000 (shipped from a dealer in another state to get it in Stardust Silver) before TTL. From what I've read, this is a pretty solid deal. If you're in the Minneapolis area and want to know which dealer, drop me a message.

I also had a quote for a Limited, with no packages (only floormats), for $24,000.
  • bayern507bayern507 Member Posts: 13
    I'm interested in the dealer name (Hecker? Terp? Morries?).
    thx
  • stachstachstachstach Member Posts: 2
    Denny Hecker's Rosedale dealership....work with the Internet Sales manager and you won't be disappointed! I had a terrible experience with Morrie's Minnetonka (much closer to home), they lied about the price (by $1,000) and then offered $2,000 less that what my car is supposed to go for (dealer trade-in price, not private party) and acted like they didn't care, so I just walked out.

Good Luck!
  • bayern507bayern507 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks.
  • zachunderwoodzachunderwood Member Posts: 4
    I ran into an inventory issue with my Entourage. Seems like all the area dealers have only 3-4 in stock. So if you're looking for a specific trim/color, you'll be hard pressed to find exactly what you want. I'm just curious if anyone else is noticing a similar trend in their area?

So, I called all the dealerships in Western Washington and got a Entourage SE (no packages) for $22292 plus tax. That includes the rebate of $2500. Not bad, maybe I could have done better, but there was only 3 models in the northwest area that matched what I was looking for.

Oh well .. next time I'll do better. $500 under invoice wasn't too bad.
  • keith33keith33 Member Posts: 1
    I've been quoted a price of $26,036 for a limited with an entertainment package over the internet from Burns Hyundai. Can I negotiate with this price and get lower if I go in? Can I email back with a lower price? Can I do better than $26,000 for a limited? I plan on picking one up on Friday which is the end of the month, will I have any purchasing power?

Thanks for your help. I haven't bought a car for 7 years. Also will be trading in a 2000 Nissan Quest with 98,000 miles and lots of kids wear and tear, any ideas on the trade in value?

Thanks again.
  • ysheldonysheldon Member Posts: 7
    Is this SE only or with any addition packages such as Premium Package or Premium Entertainment Package?

Thanks for any info.
  • zachunderwoodzachunderwood Member Posts: 4
    Keith --

Here's what I would recommend you consider doing --

Take that quote and call all the Hyundai dealers within 150 mile radius of your house. Use the Hyundaiusa.com website to figure that out.

Don't tell them what your current offer on the car is, but simply say, "Hey, I'm Keith and I'm going to buy are a Hyundai Entourage at the end of this month. Here's the specs ........... The answer is -- I'm going to buy an Entourage the end of this month. The question is -- are you going to be the best price for me?" And see what they say.

Take careful notes on a spreadsheet so you can compare the various offers. All the dealers should be able to do a regional search to find the inventory of all the deals in the NJ area.

You should get the best price for your Entourage. I just hope you don't run into a inventory issue like I did. Good luck! :)
    I had the same problem looking in the Seattle area for a Limited Green Meadow Gray w/Entertainment package (not ultimate). Agreed price was $26,614 (after rebates), but I was going to have to wait a day or two for the vehicle and the dealer severely low-balled on my trade-in and would not come close to what I felt was fair. So I walked out.

I found a Honda Odyssey that essentially had all the same features other than being used (21k) and was 6k less. Sold my car off craigslist the next day and everyone is happy.

Same advice to Keith as Zach gave, use the quote to your advantage. Call the others and see what they're willing to do. One benefit that I received from a local Hyundai dealer was lifetime oil changes vs. the others that would only match the price.
  • bulungkobulungko Member Posts: 2
    Ive got the quote the limited with ultimate package for $26k including everything. Also, If I am qualified(my credit is 750), I will get 0%int for 60months.
    Is this good deal?
  • greengeckogreengecko Member Posts: 2
    Okay...here's ours.

Just bought an Entourage Limited w/the Ultimate package:
    (For those of you still in the comparison stage, items include leather seats, woodgrain trim, DVD system, heated front seats, tinted windows, tire air pressure warning, roof rack side rails, front wiper deicer, HomeLink, sunroof package, Infinity AM/FM w/in-dash 6-CD changer/MP3, power adjustable foot pedals, backup warning sensors, cargo net, etc.)

Vehicle Price-____$28,013 (after rebates)
    (TX) Tax-_________$1,750
    Tags-_____________$105
    Other fees &
    gov. taxes-_________$129
    Out the door-_____$29,999

So far so good. I just need some time (w/o the kiddos) to get used to all the buttons!
  • godsgalgodsgal Member Posts: 5
    Hello! I've been on the Honda forum this week because I wanted to buy a Honda Odyssey, but they would not accept our wonderful offer so Richmond Hyundai in IN accepted our offer for a 2007 Entourage SE - $22,000. I made the offer by telephone and then drove an hour to pick it up. The document fee was $299. The loan process fee was $120 (I didn't like that one because we are going to pay it off this month, but they took my offer so I can't complain). I am so satisfied with the quality van we bought and have been telling everyone to buy Hyundai.
  • w_carsearchw_carsearch Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an Entourage Limited w/the Entertainment package, floor mats, and luggage rack crossbars

Vehicle Price $25,499 (after rebates)
    Dealer fee $499
    Total excl tax & tag $25,998
    AAAAA...stop paying "fees" guys...just say No!!!
This discussion has been closed.