Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Eos Lease Questions

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    I have heard of lease deals of like 329$ - is this a joke?

The thing about advertised lease deals is they often carry fine print that says things like "plus taxes, tags, and fees. $3985 due at signing." etc etc.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• swotavatorswotavator Member Posts: 3
    Right off of their web page (vw.com)
    $329/Month. 36-Month Lease
    2008 Eos 2.0T with Manual Transmission
    $2,399 Due at Signing
    (excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees)

Or, see your local VW dealer for one of the many other great lease deals available on Eos
    ©2008 Volkswagen of America, Inc. *U.S. cars only. Based on MSRP of $29,680 for a 2008 Eos with Manual Transmission, excluding title, taxes, options and dealer charges. Monthly payments total $11,844. Dealer contribution required, $1,002.02. Purchase option at lease end for $17,511.20. For all offers at lease end lessees responsible for $0.20/mile over 36,000 miles and for damage and excessive wear. Dealer sets actual prices. Lessee responsible for insurance. Closed-end lease offered to highest qualified customers by Volkswagen Credit through participating dealers. Supplies limited. Offers end June 30th, 2008. Additional charges may apply at lease end. See your Volkswagen dealer for financing details or for general product information call 1-800-Driv

I missed the 'plus taxes, etc. etc.'
    so that is 2400 +1500 = 3900$, and it is only a manual Turbo?
    does this validate my $430 a month quote?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    hey, not bad on my part. I was just throwing out random numbers. :)

So, there ya go.

Have you plugged all your numbers into the Edmunds lease calculator? If your purchase price was good, and money factor in line with what is available, then you did fine (sorry, i can't run all the numbers right now). But my gut reaction to your numbers, based on the advertised lease deal you posted, is that you did just fine. Rule of thumb is that every $500 less you put down raises your lease payment (on a 3-year lease) about $15. You put down about $1k less than the ad, pushing the base payment to $359. You got a car with a higher pricetag than the ad deal. So each $1k more MSRP is another $30 on the payment. You did get less miles per year, however, but that woud only push you down maybe $20/mo. And, finally, depending on where you live, the taxes and fees can add quite a bit.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• rahulgrahulg Member Posts: 28
    Hi Car Man

Pls let me know the lease deal for 2009 and 2008 EOS Komfort for a 36 mth, 12000 miles per year.

Thanks, Rahul
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, Rahul. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Eos Komfort with 12,000 miles per year .00160 and 58%, respectively.

At this point, I doubt if you would even be able to find a "new" 2008 Eos on dealers lots. Even if you were able to find one, you would not be able to lease it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jeffreyb3jeffreyb3 Member Posts: 14
    Car-Man:

Here in Nevada, dealer is quoting me a 36 month/12,000 per year residual of 53% on a 2009 EOS Komfort. Also, are their any rebates on these cars? Dealer tells me $2,500, but the web says $4,500. Which is correct?

Thanks Car_Man
    Hi jeffreyb3. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Eos Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00162 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 model are .00127 and 53%.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2010 version of this car, however it is providing cash on the 2009 model.

Its lease cash varies by region. If you tell me what state you are in, I would be happy to tell you how much cash there is on your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • gela1gela1 Member Posts: 2
    Hiya Car Man
    I'm in San Francisco and I'd love any info or tips you have on lease cash or leasing in general right now in my region.
    I'm aware of the VW ad running for 2009 Eos Leasing but I'm having a hard time getting numbers with the contact I've made so far with dealers.
    Cheers,
    G
  • micosilvermicosilver Member Posts: 212
    Have you contacted VW in SF?
    I always provide detailed quotes...

Mico
  • gela1gela1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Mico, I just heard back earlier today from someone. Thank you.
    Hi gela1. You're in the right part of the country if you want to lease a 2009 Eos right now. In the Western U.S. Volkswagen has pumped up its normal $250 lease cash on this car to a whopping four grand! Make sure to use this cash to negotiate an extremely attractive capitalized cost for the car that you are interested in. Also, make sure that the dealer that you lease from uses VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor of .00108 to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man

Can you pls let me know current money factor and residual for 2010 Komfort for 36 mth 12 k and 15 k lease. Also my dealer said that residual for Komfort and Luxury model are different. It looked odd to me since luxury just has some additional convenience options.

Also, let me know if VW is providing any incentives or rebates on 2010 EOS. Planning to pick up car on 27th Feb if can work out a deal. Your response in a day or two would help me negotiate a good deal.

Thanks Rahul
    Hey rahulg. Here's the information that you're looking for. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2010 Volkswagen Eos Komfort through VW Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00057 and 52%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The person who told you that the residual values for the Komfort and Luxury models are different was correct. The Lux model's resids are a painful 4% lower than the Komfort model's resids.

VW is providing a cash incentive on leases of this car in certain areas. I would be happy to let you know if there is any cash available in your area if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man, Thanks a lot for this info. Dealer was quoting me 0.00087 for MF so this info would help. I am looking to buy the car either from my state NE or neighboring state of South Dakota or Illinois. Let me know what cash incentives I can expect in these state.

Thanks, Rahul
    Hi Car Man

Another small info that I need is if you can check changes in lease program of VW for month of March because one of the dealer called me today and told that VW has reduced MF and raised residuals. So wanted to check if the figures shared by you could change under the March program which came to dealers today on March 3.
    You're welcome, Rahul. Unfortunately, the last time that I checked there wasn't any cash incentives available on leases of this car in the states that you mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Rahul. I heard that VDub made a few unscheduled revisions to its programs yesterday but I haven't seen them yet. I'll make some calls and see what I can find out for you. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion for me in a day or two and I'll be happy to fill you in on what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man
    Just a reminder if you can let me know on the new revisions made by VW to their EOS lease program. Also if there are any new incentives that have come along with this new program.

Thanks Rahul
    Hi Car Man

Let me know if you could find some info for me on the ercent changes by VW.

Thanks, Rahul
  • wiesmanwiesman Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man

Is the VW lease incentive based on the state that you live in or the state of the dealer where you are acquiring the car? If the former where are the best current incentives?
  • mininaminina Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I am planning to lease a 2010 Eos in Miami, FL withing the next 15 days

2010 Eos Konfort with Navi

10K Lease for 36 months

are there any incentives in my area? how much should I expect to pay? or be considered a good deal

I am pretty new to leasing so any pointers and help would be appreciated

Thank you
    Minina
    Hi wiesman. Unfortunately, manufacturers' incentives are based upon the state that you live in, not where you purchase. So it's not possible to travel to a different state to take advantage of a more attractive regional program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Minina. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Volkswagen is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the Eos. I would be happy to use Volkswagen's actual April lease program to work up a lease payment on the specific car that you are interested in for you. In order to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the MSRP and invoice price. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • dougwolfdougwolf Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering a single pay lease as I don't want monthly payments for a variety of reasons. The EOS I am looking at is right at $30,000 with a money factor of .002 so the payment on a 36 month lease is $407.89 (no cap reduction). Should I expect to pay just 36x$407.89 or is a single-pay lease calculated differently?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I'm not sure how VW does it, but most lease companies have a lower money factor for the one pay lease. So, they figure it with the lower MF, and add those payments together...

So, you should expect a lower amount than (term X payment)..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• lamusiclamusic Member Posts: 28
    CarMan (or anyone that is knowledgable here!)

I am looking to lease a 2010 or 2011 EOS LUX for 36 months, 10k miles a year. do you know the residual value % and money factor I should be using when determining what the lease payments should be? Thanks!
    Hi lamusic. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Eos Luxury with 10,000 miles per year are .00124 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen isn't providing lease support any longer on the 2010 Eos.

This month, VW is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • chloetanchloetan Member Posts: 11
    Hi All,
    Does anyone knows if there's a 12 - 24 months short term lease offered on 2011 Volks Eos Convertible?

Thanks~
  • starks33starks33 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

Can you please let me know what MF and residual value I should expect for a 2011 EOS Komfort? Looking for a 3 year with 12k miles.

Thanks for the awesome assistance as always!
    Hi starks33. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Eos Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through VW Credit.

Car_man
    Host
  • macrodardenmacrodarden Member Posts: 5
    We are going to leas a 2012 Eos Komfort in the next 2 weeks.
    Can somebody please post the latest residuals and money factors for a 36 month lease with 12,000 & 15,000 miles?
    Also, can the dealership bump the money factor to make back end money?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Scott
    Hi Scott. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Eos Komfort with 15,000 miles per year are .00027 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Dealerships are often allowed to mark up vehicles' money factors. I'm not sure if VW Credit permits markups on this specific model, but there's a good chance that it does. As long as you know what your car's money factor is you should be in good shape.

Car_man
    Host
  • marcr92marcr92 Member Posts: 10
    Hey Car_man,

Considering the release of the 2012s, do you think VW has room in the price to give a steeper discount? I would think if they have 2011s sitting in the lot they would want to move those out so they can get the 2012s in.

Any updates on residuals or MFs?

Thanks
  • macrodardenmacrodarden Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man - Thanks for the reply. We were quoted the .000270 from the F&I person. We have good credit, with my wifes being very good. We currently have a 2010 Jetta TDI financed through VW Credit in my wifes name at 0% for 60 months. When the dealer contacted VW, they said our rate would be higher because of already having a car through VW Credit, and it would have to be in both names. Does this make sense to you. Are they thinking we are a higher risk by having two loans with them or something?
    Hey marcr92. You're right about dealers wanting to unload their leftover 2011 models now that the 2012 models have arrived. If I was in the market for a 2011 Eos, I personally would shoot for a selling price of fairly close to dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives.

I don't believe that this car's lease program has changed since I last mentioned it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi macrodarden. As long as you haven't missed ay payments on your current loan through Volkswagen Credit and you have the income to support two loans, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that the fact that you have one would make another loan through them more expensive.

Are you sure that the dealer didn't say .00027 and not .00270? That's a huge leap. I wonder if the dealer is trying to mark your car's money factor up and blaming it on VW Credit?

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, what are the latest residuals and money factors for the 2012 Eos Komfort with 10k miles and 12k miles at 36 months?

I was quoted today $469 a month for 10k miles with everything included in the payment. Seems a bit high and the dealer had room to play with the price. Is there a target price I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance
    Nevermind, was quoted under invoice today for $393 a month, everything in payments except bank fee up front. Residual was 56% and MF was .00024 at 10k miles with a $1000 rebate.
  • zims27302730zims27302730 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys, is there currently lease cash on the 2012 Eos, how much?

-Brian
    Hi Brian. Volkswagen is currently only providing a cash incentive on leases of this car in the Central U.S., where there is $750.

Car_man
    Host
  • matttw618matttw618 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    be forewarned that if considering a lease on VW, the potential service and lease turn experience can become a total nightmare.
    nearly two months ago my wife brought her car in for a simple service and the get the check engine and passenger airbag sensor lights checked out.
    the dealer investigated the issues, and told us that they needed to order two simple parts (sensors that had malfunctioned) and would call us when they came in but otherwise everything was OK with the car.
    fast forward three weeks later, still no word from dealership on when parts are coming in. wife calls, dealer does not return calls for at least a week.
    finally dealer gets back more than a week later and about a month from initial servicing. and what a miracle, the parts will be in within a day or two.

we bring the car in with the expectation that the fix will be completed in one day, maybe picking it up a day later at most. during the servicing, its revealed that opps the dealer really didnt investigate the issue well and they need to order another part for the airbag/seat, but that it will come in the next day. mind you, throughout this entire process i do not get any phone calls from the service dept, i have to call stop in and ask wtf is going on. we tried calling but they simple dont return calls.

next day, service manager tells me it says the part came in and his guy is online at the parts counter to get it and they will finish up that afternoon. maybe early evening.
    guess what, they finally call us at 430 that day and say opps we got the wrong part it doesn't fit (some alleged claim that they ordered the right part but what was in the box was wrong, sounds fishy to me, even if it did really happen, who knows what to believe now as we have been given excuse after excuse for the delays and 99% of the updates have to be initiated by us); ok so while yesterday they could have to the correct part in 24 hours now to get the correct part, they need to order it from germany which will take as we are told 7-8 days? if it was truly the wrong part in the right box, couldn't they go back to that supplier and get another? again it all sounds strange.

now 7-8 days will put us right around the turn in time for the end of lease. however if we turn in early without this being fixed, we have to pay for it since would appear as though we failed to get the car serviced. we contact dealer and VW credit to get everything cleared up and make sure everyone is aware of the timing and that we should not be held liable as it has been over a month now for what was initially labeled a "simple fix"

so now knowing that it will be a week we get a loaner (a POS chrysler, but whatever, its a car)

about 3 days later VW credit follows up with us making sure everything was OK and says they have spoken to the service manger who assured them it would be fixed in 10-14 days! wait what? so the service manger lied to us again, 10-14 puts us AFTER the lease turn in date.

after numerous phone calls we finally get everyone to agree that the dealer will pay the late turn in fees. 2 days before the end of her lease term, we go to the dealer and turn the car over to them and return the loaner. expectation now is that the dealer will follow up with VW credit and resolve any outstanding issues. we just need a copy of the paper work that says everything is done when the servicing is complete. we are assured this will happen within the week

end of that week, the part still hasnt come in

early next week, we get a call from the dealer asking about the loaner and how long we had it. and they were going to send us a bill for it as a rental. we fight that and finally get it cleared up.

two days later, get a letter in the mail from VW credit claiming we still have the vehicle and are going to be charged for the extra month etc.... we contact service manager, he says tehy will complete in a day or two and finalize with VW credit. we wont owe any late fees.
    we also contact VW credit to confirm they are in alignment and understand what is going on. all sides claim they are and it will be OK once the service is finished.

thats where we stand now, so to say its been painful is an understatement. this experience was with Jeff D'Ambrosia VW in Downingtown. I am disgusted with this dealer and VW. i cannot recommend them or VW for anyone unless you want to pay for a car you cant drive and waste hours upon hours driving to the service department to get answers.

so long story short, we did not have my wife's car for the last two weeks of her lease and yet we still had to pay all the monthly payments and turn in costs. :mad: i am not a litigious person, but since this experience has been unlike anything i have ever encountered and has wasted hours, if not days of my time. do we have any legal recourse here to recoup some of those costs? oh VW offered us a 750 coupon for our next VW! hahaaha. as if i would ever consider leasing or buying a VW in my life time.
  • myvw1myvw1 Member Posts: 1
    Deal signed at Lokey in Clearwater Florida

36 Month Lease
    12K miles
    zero down
    First payment rolled in
    $466.52

I thought was great. I had four dealers competeing. Let me know If I did get a good deal. :)

Thanks.
  • jackbeanstalkjackbeanstalk Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2012 Eos Executive, indium gray with cornsilk for following:

$3000 down
    $455 a month, incl. tax
    12,000 miles a year
    3 year lease

Think it was a good deal, but who the heck knows! :D
  • getwirednengetwirednen Member Posts: 43
    Hi All:

I cant seem to find the current money factor and residual for a 2012 EOS Lux or Executive. Would be interested in 36 month and both 12k and 15k. Any help in finding this information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    You've come to the right place, getwired. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Eos Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Eos Executive are .00067 and 49%.

The residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on these cars, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of the Lux and $2,250 on the Executive into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • skostickskostick Member Posts: 3
    I have been to a few dealers and get very different lease prices...

One dealer offered....sales price of 33405+fee 499 +tax of 2034.24 and tag transfer of 250 total 36188.24

So how much with perfect credit do you think this car would be to lease for 3 yr 36000?

Another dealer gave me a 36000 mile 3 yr lease + tax 6%= 395.93+. 6%= 419.68 and 0 down

Yet one more dealer gave about the same with 1500 inception.....?

Do u think the dealer offering 0 down is lying to me?

Ok just wanted to run this by you....
    Thoughts??

Many thanks - I have never leased before so kind of nervous!
  • skostickskostick Member Posts: 3
    One more offer was
    389 + s/tax @ 15,000 miles
    @12,000 miles reduce lease cost by $10-$12
    $1,395 Inception

Why would one dealer say there's inception and another dealer does not have it??
  • club619club619 Member Posts: 122
    Car_Man,

My wife and I are potentially looking into a new EOS soon, and were wondering what the money factor & residual are for the 36 month vs 48 month leases.

Looking at probably 10k or 12k miles/year (currently averaging about 7k/year on our lease ending soon).

Also, our zip is 90292, but we're looking at several dealers in the area.
    Hi club619. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Eos Komfort with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00106 and 45%.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • nhbankernhbanker Member Posts: 21
    Could you please provide me with the MF and residual for an EOS Lux lease for 15,000 miles and 36 months?
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.