Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Luxury Lounge

Comments

• deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    Besides hybrid power that can't be built beyond 250k units a year due to supply restraints,

Toyota has acquired bigger portions of Fuji which not only owns Subaru but also is a major battery maker. With such acquisitions Toyota is preparing itself to have the capacity to produce a far larger volume of hybrid batteries.
  • blkhemiblkhemi Member Posts: 1,717
    I did read that they raised their stakes in Fuji Heavy Ind. That was a very smart step, especially since GMs virtually none existant.

How long would one guess it would take them to produce a lith-ion battery for the masses at an affordable price? Keep in mind that it was Toyota who said that it would take time to overcome the shortcomings of the battery, mainly overheating issues and costs. Lithium technology is not cheap.
  • tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    And, Toyota recently acquired controlling interest in Isuzu, IIRC, and that could assist in diesel availability as well as their hybrids. They are flanking their competition.

As I posted earlier, I see Toyota and Honda as the biggest winners, with the Germans coming in strong, but late to the game.

And, I keep saying it, because it's true... Hyundai! Hyundai! Hyundai! (at raceway park... LOL.)

The General better get to serious work.

TM
    Tag, we must all remember that this isn't just GMs war, this is a global war. The war is not won by who has the biggest warchest, but who has the best strategic action on how to defeat the enemy, dependency on foreign oil among other major issues.

Besides hybrid power that can't be built beyond 250k units a year due to supply restraints, what other plans of action does Toyota have substance? The same can be asked of Nissan and Honda. What is in the works that is superior to what the domestics have and will have in the future?

Well... IMO Hemi, the first steps towards achieving something are sometimes the most important steps, as long as they are in the right direction. So, with that in mind, we can look at this interesting, but very tiny, "step" in the right direction.

VW’s 238mpg 1-liter Car to see limited-edition production

TM
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    The nice thing about a lap time war as opposed to a horsepower war is that it involves the design and engineering of the entire car, not just the engine.

Looks like a total redesign/reengineer to me! You design for the task.

Regards,
    OW
  • blkhemiblkhemi Member Posts: 1,717
    On the Isuzu-Toyota issue, that may make sense for them only if GM kills it's 15 year contract with them for designing the Duramax diesel.

As to that "throwback" V-Dub, for 238mpg, where do I sign up?
    This is exactly what frustrates me about certain German automakers who seem just not to GET IT!!! Nissan will soon introduce a high volume electrical vehicle. GM will have the VOLT. Honda wants to produce as many hybrids as Toyota. And Toyota wants to produce hybrids in the millions.

And what does VW do? They wait 6 whole years to introduce this concept car! SIX YEARS!!!! And when they introduce it how many will there be on the roads? Only one thousand! Woope doo, sounds more like a high school science project than a plan from a very large Multinational auto manufacturer.

And now you have BMW whining about CAFE:

Earlier this year, the Bush administration surprised a lot of green activists by actually surpassing the already challenging CAFE standards for 2011-2015. While automakers like Toyota, Ford, and GM are quietly going about the business of hitting those targets, BMW is speaking up and saying that the targets are unattainable. The German automaker has asked the Bush administration for an alternative plan that helps out the hardest hit automakers, and the new rules are a punch to the gut for the Bavarian Motor crew.

While the corporate average for cars and trucks is 35.7 mpg and 28.6 mpg by 2015, BMW has to hit 37.7 mpg and 31.7 mpg, respectively. The reason for the disparity is the sliding scale the government used to account for differences in size in each automaker's lineup. Since BMW doesn't sell pickup trucks and it has plenty of small and midsize offerings, BMW has to hit higher fuel economy standards. What the CAFE numbers don't take into account is the fact that all BMWs are RWD, and there isn't a four cylinder engine to be found (in the U.S., yet). The Bush administration says its final fuel economy numbers will become public by the end of the year, and if companies like BMW don't get special dispensations, look for there to be smaller engines on the horizion, or bigger fines.

So what happened to BMW's rumored third division that will include FWD fuel efficient cars? Why is such a division not a priority right now? What about that Green Car of the Year 118d Series? So far I've heard nothing about such a car in North America? WHY NOT!!

And last but not least we have MB with a low volume 2015 DiesOtto HCCI S Class that may be introduced years after lower priced high volume HCCIs are introduce by Honda and GM. Woopey Doo!

The Volks at German automakers should wake up and just smell the coffee because right now the auto markets are changing far faster than what notions executives of MB, BMW, Audi and VW have about the markets. This belated German response is strikingly similar to the belated response of the Big Three with regards to their trucks, SUVs and small cars.
    ...auto markets are changing far faster than what notions executives of MB, BMW, Audi and VW have about the markets.

Funny how small things look at 50K feet...the ground comes up fast if you don't have a reserve chute and your market did a hook turn!

Hook turn - A sudden turn close to the ground used to build up speed for a spectacular turf surf and gentle landing. When misjudged can result in smashed bones and a lengthy stay in hospital. :sick:

Regards,
    OW
    ;)
    I actually think that it takes a little more to produce 1,000 of those 238 mpg vehicles than you are giving VW credit for. And... they are going to put it out there within only two years! I applaud their risk-taking initiative. After all, Americans are known for lusting after big powerful vehicles, and to introduce anything the likes of THAT, VW is going out on a limb. Even with the high gas prices, what will the majority of Americans be willing to buy?

Also, VW has very fuel efficient diesels that can power 4-passenger cars, so they don't necessarily have to go to extremes and build a 1+1 passenger layout.

We are in uncharted waters at this point. Market research is not adequate, and I am willing to bet that there is a mad rush out there to collect updated market information in order to fully understand the auto buyer's' perspective on near-term and long-term purchase plans.

The shift away from SUVs and large vehicles is an obvious kneejerk reaction to the gas prices. Will Americans adjust? Have we already hit bottom? Or will it get worse? Much worse?

I posted in the past that the most recent Smart Cars looked to me that they would be successful. Almost everyone on the forum disagreed with me. I predicted gas would go over $4/gallon way back when ljflx was still posting. He told me it wouldn't happen, and many others thought I had lost my mind to suggest prices would go that high.

Well... Perhaps the Smart Car WILL be successful, and gasoline prices are certainly already at and above $4/gallon.

Will gasoline prices go even higher? Eventually they will, and prices will also go through seemingly stable periods within a range that lasts for a while... before going up again. IMO, the days of cheap gas are permanently over and are a good story to tell the next generation.

VW won't be the only one to introduce something like that 238 mpg vehicle. We will see all sorts of contraptions come and go in the years ahead.

I feel your frustration that it seems like it must take an act of God almighty to get some of these manufacturers to see the light and take some action NOW.

How many of us are excited about the new Challenger and Camaro muscle cars? What about all the other "powerful" cars that we all talk about here? Like the Chevrolet Z06, for example, and our BMW twin turbo vehicles, and the GT-R, and the powerful gas-gussling cars that are driven by other forum members.

Seems ironic. We are a schizophrenic group. On one hand we appreciate the performance and POWER!.. which guzzles gas. On the other hand, we appreciate and desire an ultra fuel-efficient vehicle, but most of them go too slow and are too small.

It's all a dilemma, isn't it?

Be patient. The landscape is about to change in a very big way. :)

TM
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    Besides hybrid power that can't be built beyond 250k units a year due to supply restraints, what other plans of action does Toyota have substance? The same can be asked of Nissan and Honda. What is in the works that is superior to what the domestics have and will have in the future?

Watch for many more small JDM models to start arriving here. As I said, the Japanese are the masters of small, efficient cars in a way that the Europeans are not (including Smart and the French) and the domestics absolutely are not. No US automaker has ever built a world beating small car in America. Not ever. Some of their European designed and built offerings are pretty good, but the exchange rate isn't workable.

The domestics have been blindsided and are scrambling to try and learn how to build a small car. Their Japanese competitors are already designed, built and on sale, just not here, at least not yet.

The Honda Fit is only the beginning.
    Well... Perhaps the Smart Car WILL be successful, and gasoline prices are certainly already at and above $4/gallon.

Good luck with a tiny city car that costs as much as a Fit or Versa, can't beat them in mpg, and requires premium fuel! The Smart will be a fad in a few cities, but that's about it.
  • ingvaringvar Member Posts: 205
    How many of us are excited about the new Challenger and Camaro muscle cars? What about all the other "powerful" cars that we all talk about here? Like the Chevrolet Z06, for example, and our BMW twin turbo vehicles, and the GT-R, and the powerful gas-gussling cars that are driven by other forum members.
    I am very excited about new BMW twin turbos. Nice looking cars with plenty of power and perfect handling. BMW design cars for drivers who love to drive and don't care about mpgs:-)
    What are you talking about?

Regards,
    OW
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    Please, OW. Why choose a Pinto when we had Vegas, Gremlins and Chevettes to choose from! Don't forget the car the would push the imports back to their homeland, the GM X cars!

My Dad's Renault LeCar was quite an enjoyable oddball of a car. Vinyl fold back "sun roof," am radio, yellow w/black racing stripes and all. Actually, the LeCar drove me and two college buds from CT to Jackson Hole, WY via Chicago, loaded with ski equipment on top as well as a full cargo hold without issue and acheived, iirc, ~40mpg on the vast expanses of US80. Got us through a hellacious blizzard on the planes of Wyoming and Nebraska, up into the Grand Tetons, too. Ah, those wacky French!

And, lest we forget, "Mustang II, Boredom 0!"

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Good luck with a tiny city car that costs as much as a Fit or Versa, can't beat them in mpg, and requires premium fuel! The Smart will be a fad in a few cities, but that's about it.

I'm not in any way an advocate for the Smart Car. Nor do I like it. I just believe that it will be successful. I expect the powertrains to change and improve in the coming years.

I AM, however, an advocate for Honda vehicles. I have said all along, that they are my favorite Japanese cars, even though respect can be passed around to others as well. It is the CR-V that is the best-selling small SUV (deservedly so) and with an alternative powerplant, it would be even more incredible. The Civic hybrid is one of my favorite small economy cars. The Fit raises the benchmark, and it will be available as a hybrid soon, as will the all-new CR-Z sport coupe.

As I've posted in the past, the CR-Z is the one I am waiting for... and I very well might get one if it looks close enough to the concept, has reasonable power, and gets terrific mileage.

But... it's still too early to know what will come out that is appealing.

TM
  • louisweilouiswei Member Posts: 3,715
    GM shares fall below $10 for first time since 1954

GM shares give up gains posted on better-than-expected US sales, hit new low below $10 mark

NEW YORK (AP) -- Shares of General Motors Corp. plunged Wednesday to close below $10 for the first time in more than half a century, on worries about the company's cash needs and speculation about a possible bankruptcy protection filing down the road.

GM shares fell $1.77, or 15.1 percent, to close at $9.98. Their session low of $9.96 marked their lowest point since Sept. 13, 1954, when they hit $9.92, according to the Center for Research in Security Prices at the University of Chicago. The price is adjusted for splits and other changes.

The drop came after a Merrill Lynch analyst cut his rating for GM to "Underperform" from "Buy" and slashed his price target for the company to $7 from $28, saying that the decline in automotive sales has been more severe than anyone expected and will likely continue through next year.

"We believe there is potential downside in the stock below $7 and that bankruptcy is not impossible if the market continues to deteriorate and significant incremental capital is not raised," John Murphy wrote in a note to investors.

David Healy, an auto analyst with Burnham Securities, said the $10 mark is a purely psychological one but highlights the automaker's dramatic share price plunge since the beginning of the year, along with worries that the company may have to file for bankruptcy protection. GM shares are down about 60 percent this year.

"My own opinion is that they're unlikely to file," Healy said. "But the conditions in the auto industry are so tough for everybody right now, especially for GM, and that's why people see this as plausible."

Healy said he thinks GM has enough cash to get it through the year, along with the ability to obtain additional financing if needed and raise cash through the sale of assets such as overseas operations.

Automakers' shares have taken a beating in recent months, hurt by rising oil prices and a weak U.S. economy, along with a shift in consumer demand away from gas guzzling sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks and toward smaller, more fuel-efficient cars and crossovers.

Since July 2, 2007, GM shares have tumbled about 74 percent and the company's market capitalization has dropped to $5.65 billion from $21.5 billion.

Investors on Wednesday shrugged off better-than-expected June sales that sent GM shares surging as much as 12 percent the previous day. The automaker reported an 18.2 percent drop in U.S. vehicle sales from a year ago but retained its traditional U.S. sales lead over Toyota Motor Corp., which posted a 21.4 percent decline.

Analysts, who had expected a much steeper drop, said GM's sales were able to outpace those of most other automakers because of late-month incentives and double-digit jumps in demand for certain small and midsize cars.

Deutsche Bank's Rod Lache said that while previous incentive programs have resulted in temporary boosts to GM's market share, they have generally been followed by drops in later months.

"If history is any guide, we would expect GM's sales to experience 'payback' for the pulled forward sales in the months ahead," Lache wrote in a note to investors.

The analyst said GM's market share could drop back to the 19 percent to 20 percent range, down from its June level of 22.1 percent.

Meanwhile, Citi Investment Research analyst Itay Michaeli slashed his price target on GM shares to $14 from $21, citing liquidity fears.

"While we do not believe GM is facing an immediate cash crunch, the urgency to shore up liquidity to navigate through a difficult 2008-09 has risen significantly in recent months," Michaeli said in a note to clients. He kept a "Hold" rating.

Ford Motor Co. didn't fare as well as its crosstown rival. The Dearborn, Mich.-based automaker said its June sales plunged 27.9 percent, blaming surging gas prices for knocking its light truck sales down 35.4 percent.

Ford shares fell 35 cents, or 7.4 percent, Wednesday to close at $4.36, passing a multidecade low of $4.41 set the day before.

Despite the sales drop, Lache said Ford remains the best positioned among the U.S.-based automakers and has the required cash to ride out a drawn out industrywide slump.

"In addition, we continue to believe that Ford is the most 'fixable' of the three U.S. automakers -- it has effectively consolidated itself to two brands, and we still see considerable cost savings opportunities within the enterprise," Lache said.

June was a dismal month for the industry overall, which posted a 18.3 percent sales drop, according to Autodata Corp. Only Honda, whose lineup is tilted toward smaller and more fuel-efficient cars, managed to report a sales increase for June -- slightly over 1 percent.
  • louisweilouiswei Member Posts: 3,715
    My first thought: Good, but not great. Definitely an improvement over the current 7-series

Enjoy the pictures:

Source: Motor Authority
    Nice! I really like the changes. I am sure it will be impressive when you can walk up to it and experience it live.

Regards,
    OW
    I actually think that it takes a little more to produce 1,000 of those 238 mpg vehicles than you are giving VW credit for.

Credit may be deserved for their efforts if they were a small company like Telsa or start up. BUT for a large firms it all boils down to high volume cars (Prius, Nissan EV, GM Volt, Honda CR-Z).

How's this for VW thinking--Minivans. VW's rebadged Chrysler vans is the exact thing VW does not need. North Americans need a brand new Minivan as much as they need holes in their heads. Ever pass a dealer's lot and noticed the cobwebs surrounding minivans?

VW is trying to catch up to the 1990's auto industry with its new minivan. Unfortunately this is the 21st century.

Also, VW has very fuel efficient diesels that can power 4-passenger cars, so they don't necessarily have to go to extremes and build a 1+1 passenger layout.

The mileage of the new Jetta TDI is quite disappointing for someone who cares about fuel efficiency. Adding to that disappointment is the rising premium diesel fuel goes for these days.
    Great car for a high end luxury sedan buyer.
    As this market segment shrinks I hope BMW regains some badly needed market share.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I was expecting a better look. I still prefer the LS and S class over this.

But as always bmws always looks better when you see it in person.

I did not like the x6 in pictures but when saw it in person WOW :surprise:
    I am not sure if any1 posted this video before anyways enjoy...

link title
    Well... I agree VW has a lot of "catching up" to do... but the domestics here are certainly behind the eight ball. I have argued in the past that VW is going to break loose and be successful here eventually. I still believe that... in spite of their shortcomings.

I've argued in favor of Audi and Hyundai as well... and I believe they are also rising stars in our marketplace.

But... Honda is still my favorite of the economy cars.

My luxury car favorite is not so clear to me any more. In the past it was Mercedes, but now I like Audi and BMW, too, and I don't know what Porsche Panamera will be, but I like Porsche, too... but not generally for the luxury, but for performance.

I suppose I also still like Jaguar, somewhat, but if I had to pick one, I'll still put Mercedes at the top of my lux list.

How ' bout you?

TM
  • esfesf Member Posts: 1,020
    I was talking Honda, not Acura, and I think you know, by now, that my views of those two brands contrast quite a bit. ;)

Test drove a 535xi the other day. Fantastic car. With the M bodykit and a chip, it could be excellent.

'08 BMW X5 4.8i • '06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet
    I need to drive the 535xi. Sounds superb.

OK, remind me of how you see Honda vs. Acura. :)

TM
    Looks like a big improvement, style-wise, to me. I see hints of previous-gen 3 series in the greenhouse, a hint of LS in the profile. A much improved rear, 5-series-ish. Interior appears richer, more luxurious and integrated. Front end looks like it is conforming to the European crash standards, a bit blunt. And, thankfully, arrivaderci (sp?) to the bustle butt!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

I will never own a VW...I feel BUGS crawling all over me when I think about it! ;)

Regards,
    OW
    My choice is BMW 7 series 12 banger with x-drive.

Regards,
    OW
    ...because the last guy that claimed this in the early 70's never was heard from again!

400HP, 0-60 in 3 seconds, 180 MPH top speed and 110 MPG.

link title

Regards,
    OW

Austria had one built on order but never sold it. Well now they are trying to sell the car and are asking for 5,000,000 Euros ($7,848,492).

V12 bi-turbo from Maybach 57 S 690-hp with a peak torque of 737 ft-lb. 0-62mph in 4.4 seconds with a top speed of 218mph

Why would some1 do this to their x6 :confuse:

Hyunda-Kia is the 5th largest automaker in the world, beats Honda
    According to Automotive News’ 2008 Global Data Book published yesterday, Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group has become the world’s fifth largest automaker moving up from sixth place in 2006. The group was at the number 11 spot in 1999.

With 3,961,629 units sold in 2007, Hyundai-Kia are ahead of Japanese automakers Honda and Nissan who came in at 6th and 7th with 3,831,000 and 3,675,574 units sold respectively. Ford is a head of Hyundai-Kia with 5,964,000 units sold in 2007.

link title

Now you can really appreciate the ZR-1

638 HP/604lb/ft
    205 MPH 0-60 in 3 seconds
    Price ~$125,000

It's not as exclusive but a heck of lot cheaper.

Regards,
    OW
    My first thought: Good, but not great. Definitely an improvement over the current 7-series

It is definitely an improvement over the old car, but the interior just seems like a big X5. Not that impressive when compared to an A8 or S-class.
    I can only hope that the new Prius doesn't look like that pic. It's horrible looking, but if it gets 60 mpg or more, I guess looks aren't the prime consideration at all.

TM
    The current Prius ain't exactly Heather Locklear... Function over form?

Now you can really appreciate the ZR-1

638 HP/604lb/ft
    205 MPH 0-60 in 3 seconds
    Price ~$125,000

The performance is better

It's not as exclusive but a heck of lot cheaper

Yes definitely. HUGE difference.
    I think it will be similar to the pic.

but if it gets 60 mpg or more

60 mpg then definitely many will be sold
    I have been having an argument with a friend whenever I tell him about the x6.

He says forget bmws lexus suv will beat any bmw any day gx lx will beat x6 any day.

I mean come on the gx to me is not such a good looking suv lx is to big.

Then he says about his friends having problems with his new x5 :confuse: :blush:

BTW I saw a woman driving a x6 :blush: Yes I know its not surprising :blush:
    I have been having an argument with a friend... He says forget bmws lexus suv will beat any bmw any day...

Pay no attention to the friend behind the curtain.

What does he drive? A Lexus? How many BMWs is he seeing in his rear view mirror, vs. the other way around? Gimmee a break.

Everyone has some friends that know absolutely nothing about cars. Besides, sounds like your friend just wants to use you to ignite a BMW vs. Lexus debate.

TM
    The current Prius ain't exactly Heather Locklear... Function over form?

LOL... Definately.

But, I admit that I was hoping the next-gen Prius might be just cool-looking enough to at least give it consideration. Now, I can see that it will take a whole lot of charm school to transform that ugly thing into a Lexus.

TM
    Lest we not forget the (potential) new Honda CRX, the CR-Z. Form and function! Man, Tag, you go through cars like the Evil Wife goes through Saks, Macy's and Bloomies: often! Yes, I'm envious... More power to ya. :D

Lest we not forget the (potential) new Honda CRX, the CR-Z. Form and function! Man, Tag, you go through cars like the Evil Wife goes through Saks, Macy's and Bloomies: often! Yes, I'm envious... More power to ya.

I sincerely intend on going through less cars in the near future. It's just plain too wasteful. But, admittedly, I'm not done yet! To get to where I can settle it all down... I still intend to swap out the Porsche for a car for my wife and add a Civic Hybrid for my daughter. I do also intend to get rid of the Jaguar depending upon what wife gets, and then hopefully add that CR-Z (or something like it) to the mix, if it's as cool as I think it might be.

Other than the MDX, which I think we will retain just to use when needed, THAT should be where I settle in for a while... I hope.

BTW, I cannot say enough good things about the 135i convertible! I am shockingly pleased with most aspects of this car. It is supreme fun, awesome performer, better looking than I thought (the women are flirting like they are nuts), offers reasonable fuel economy, and as a nice surprise, the kids are actually very comfy in the back seat. There is more room in the back seat and trunk than I had expected. The point is, I've finally got a real keeper!! It's early yet, but it could very well be one of my all-time favorites. What a surprise.

Hopefully the rest of my plan works out as well. ;)

TM
    What does he drive? A Lexus? How many BMWs is he seeing in his rear view mirror, vs. the other way around? Gimmee a break.

Yep he drives a Lexus ls400 and lx470. Hes about to get a 06 or 07 ls430 or 460.

Everyone has some friends that know absolutely nothing about cars. Besides, sounds like your friend just wants to use you to ignite a BMW vs. Lexus debate.

Yes he doesn't know much about cars but is always talking that x6 is built in the US the quality isn't nice expensive parts doesn't last long, which does bring a doubt in my mind, after all I've read many bmw owners problems here as well.

Is there a quality difference of bmws built in the US and Germany?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Nice!
    Thanks

LONDON: Biofuels have forced global food prices up by 75% — far more than previously estimated — according to a confidential World Bank report.

Biofuels is not making life any easier in poor countries.
    link title

We heard BMW was going to wait until July 7th to unveil the new 2009 BMW 7-Series, but since images and information have already been leaked, BMW decided to just drop the press release along with a bunch of images and a video (see it after the jump).

Alright let’s get right to it. The 2009 BMW 7-Series will be available in Europe in 5 different variants including the 730d, 740i, 740Li, 750i and 750Li. The 730d is powered by a 3.0L straight 6-cylinder diesel engine producing 245-hp and a peak torque of 398 lb-ft. Both 740i and 740Li are powered by a 3.0L twin-turbocharged 6-cylinder engine that produces 326-hp and torque of 332 lb-ft. Finally, the 750i and 750Li get BMW X6 xDrive50i’s 4.4L V8 with twin-turbochargers producing 400-hp and with neck snapping torque of 442 lb-ft. All engines are mated to six-speed automatic transmission.

The 2009 BMW 7-Series also features new and advanced technological features including Head-up Display which incorporates a new speed limit warning system; a camera that is mounted on the back of the rear view mirror that scans oncoming road signs and alerts the driver of speed changes; Lane Departure System; a Side View camera system that operates with the Park Distance Control; and a Night Vision system.

The new updated interior features the new iDrive system with a 10.2 inch screen. The 40GB on-board hard-drive allows drivers to upload music and other files. The new 2009 BMW 7-Series also comes with BMW’s new ConnectedDrive system that lets you surf the internet.

The fifth-generation 7-Series goes on sale in the UK on November 15th, 2008. The U.S. press release will
    be available this Sunday, so hold on for the stateside details.
  • jlbljlbl Member Posts: 1,333
    The -30d engine is a gem, an achieved balance between power and consume. Yet it should be nice to have it escorted by a -35d sibling in the new 7-Series offer. Just to give the buyer the choice to have a diesel option to approach the power of the more powerful gassers.

Regards,
    Jose