Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Luxury Lounge

Comments

• tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    This is honestly a pleasant surprise from my perspective. I had (with sadness) written Jaguar off last year, and proclained the company to be dead... existing only on life-support... which they were at the time. Somehow Tata motors has done what seemingly couldn't be done in many recent years... and that is to make Jaguar a profitable marque.

A move that at first seemed like a half-cocked one, is starting to pay as Tata Motors is finally starting to see a profit from its $2.5 billion acquisition of Jaguar Land Rover. Thanks to cost cuts, new models, and an improving economy, analysts around the globe are predicting good things.

Sales have risen 47%, reaching $5.65 billion, which brings a profit of $141 million. A year earlier the company showed a loss of $565 million.

Analysts are also upbeat about the new management Tata has put in place; former head of GM Europe Carl-Peter Forster and BMW veteran Ralf Speth will serve as Group CEO and CEO of Jaguar Land Rover respectively.

link title

Also... link title

I love Jaguar and hope the good news continues.

TM
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    I wouldn't expect the new Q5 to have serious reliability issues, but it's simply too early to really acquire a statistically viable reliability record for the new Audi Q5

Obviously it's impossible to know yet how Q5s will be doing 4 or 5 years from now, but based on what's available, it seems like the early Q5s are doing a lot better than say, the early Q7s did.
    edited March 2010
    I love Jaguar and hope the good news continues.

Indeed. Considering Jag had basically no money, the XF, the XJ (even if I still think its ugly) two new very competitive diesels and a competitive direct injected 5L V8 are impressive feats.

I'm still waiting for that Boxster killer.
  • skarieskarie Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2010
    NISSAN SAYS IT HAS 56'000 ORDERS FOR ITS NEW LEAF

While speaking at the Geneva Auto Show, a confident Carlos Ghosn, Nissan-Renault alliance head, spoke of the coming year and his planned dominance of the EV market. Ghosn pointed to competitors speaking of concept cars, while he has a tangible product that he believes will have no competition in the market.
    As it stands now, Nissan is essentially a non-player in the hybrid and eco-conscious markets, having only one borrowed hybrid drivetrain from the Toyota Camry hybrid for its Altima sedan. But Carlos Ghosn has a tangible plan and product planned to help change the face of Nissan across the global markets – especially in the U.S. where having eco-alternatives is essentially a requirement for success.
    link title
    Talk about confidence... not only do they have all those orders, but Nissan has a planned capacity to build 500,000 of these units per year. Yikes!

Think about it... What competitor could match that kind of production of that kind of car? Zilch?

TM
  • 2001gs4302001gs430 Member Posts: 767
    Guys,

I placed an order for an LFA, and I think there is a 50/50 chance that I will be awarded one by Lexus.
    They closed the ordering process over a month ago, and I will know whether I would get one by this Friday.
    I've read all the available reviews , and the only gripe seem to be the asking price. However, I believe this is one of those cars that has a huge chance for value appreciation if Lexus stayed true to its commitment of making only 500 units for the entire world.
    Am I crazy for wanting/ordering it (my wife thinks so)? I told everyone that this is as good an investment as buying a foreclosed Florida waterfront property right now, but one big difference with the LFA is I get to brag about owning a super car for years...
    edited March 2010
    I believe this is one of those cars that has a huge chance for value appreciation if Lexus stayed true to its commitment of making only 500 units for the entire world.

Possibly, although unlike somewhat similar recent cars like the Porsche Carrera GT, Ford GT, or Alfa 8C, the Lexus has zero heritage or pedigree, and the Toyota F1 team that the car was supposed to celebrate never actually won anything of note as far as I'm aware.

The LFA also doesn't do anything particularly special. It's out muscled by a Gallardo, and its top speed will not make any headlines in the days of 250mph Koenigseggs and Veyrons. It's Toyota's first supercar, but I don't know if that's enough. BMW for example made only 455 M1s, and it was BMW's first and to this date only mid-engine car as well as their first real supercar. It sold for $60K when it went on sale in 1979, and for well into the '90s would sell for $75-90K or so.

Now an M1 is worth $150-200K, but its also 30 years old, and inflation bumps its original sticker to about $107K.
    edited March 2010
    The LFA also doesn't do anything particularly special. It's out muscled by a Gallardo, and its top speed will not make any headlines in the days of 250mph Koenigseggs and Veyrons. It's Toyota's first supercar, but I don't know if that's enough.

I think an 80K GT-R may out run it 0-60, so would the new 911 TT with PDK. Until the production LFA's reach their owners, we really don't know how special this car is. I think when the production starts in Dec of this year, you will start hearing more about the it. Also I think Toyota had great success with the 2000 GT(?) limited production in the 60's.
    I am not aware of how the Carrera or the Ford GT doing in the resales area.
    I think what's important for the LFA is that it's Lexus's approach to build a supercar. It's does not imitate a Porsche or a Ferrari and it is rare, hopefully. I believe it's the entire package - driving experience - that Lexus is aiming for, not the highest top speed or quickest 0-60.
    If I were going to buy a new car purely to be a toy, I think it would have to be the new Morgan Aero SuperSports roadster. I first saw it on Leno's website a little while ago and its just such a cool car. It looks like nothing else out there, and with BMW's 4.8L V8 rather than the old Rover engines Morgan used to use, its viciously fast. Very tempting.

edited March 2010
    This reminded me of the Prowler. I wanted one of those until I read its reviews.
    Very unique though. How much, may I ask?
    This reminded me of the Prowler. I wanted one of those until I read its reviews.
    Very unique though. How much, may I ask?

It definitely has that '30s hot rod look to it, but unlike the Prowler, there's go to match the show. 367 horsepower doesn't sound like much, but the car only weighs 2400 lbs. so it will hit 60 in around 4.5 seconds and pass 170mph. The price is supposed to be around $180,000.
    edited March 2010
    If you are totally OK with the possibility that the LFA might never be worth more than its original price, or even less, then buy it.

One of my concerns is that a production run of 500 vehicles is actually a lot of cars of this nature, not the handful that you seem to think.

On the other hand, if I was willing to take that kind of large risk, I'd put the car on eBay after taking ownership, for a ton of money... you never know which oil tycoon might be willing to pay a huge sum to have one... or more likely to have another one... LOL. Considering the recent price of prized camels (and this is truth, not sarcasm), there is a chance that it is entirely possible. In addition, there could always be a collector out there that didn't get in on the 500, although I still think that 500 is a hefty number.

Consider that you might end up having to keep it under cover for a decade or more. Then, maybe one day you would discover that it is worth a ton of money... but ONLY IF it is perfect and not driven, (with exception to keep it properly lubricated, serviced, and in proper running condition, of course). Storage is always one approach.

There is no crystal ball here. Lexusguy pointed out some of the risks regarding the pedigree and performance numbers. I think those are noteworthy, and again I think that it is also about the fact that there will be 500 of those beasts out there instead of 50... and it's a reasonable question whether or not you would really be able to leave the car under cover for such a long time without giving in to the temptation to drive it too much and then chip away its potential (and questionable) investment value.

I believe that if you are truly wanting to own a collectors car as an investment, you should do a lot of homework, talk to reputable and knowledgable car collectors, and then buy a car that is extremely likely to appreciate a ton... and ultimately have the best chance at making the experience a successful one.

Oh... keep in mind that you will need to keep it insured. ;)

TM
    I hear you TM.
    If I continued to earn as much or more as I do today, then I am totally prepared to keep it by the time the mandatory two year lease is over, gain or loss.
    Yep, if I ended up getting one, I need to do a lot of work in selecting the colors combo so that it would stand out years later and not turning off potential collectors. I do believe that there will be quite a few people with tons of money that could not get in on the original offering.
    The up keeping costs of this car can't possibly be higher than that of a waterfront property.

I think a lot of people are doubting the worth of the LFA, but I think the higher risk would come with higher rewards.
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    One very wise poster taught me a few years back that to INVEST in cars is fools fodder. None the less, the investment is more about desire and the returned satisfaction that car delivers to the owner more than any monetary formula event.

AFAIC, the best bang for the buck in the LF-A's current arena is and remains the M-3. It's not anything against the fantastic technology the LF-A demonstrates but more about the fanatical lengths BMW goes to protect it's reign of performance.

This video in no way diminishes the performance value of the LF-A. It does beg to question the future value of investment, however.

Top Gear LF-A vs. M-3

Just remember not to expect a formidable monetary return on your purchase. You either drive it or store it based on your intention of purpose.

Good luck either way. Most importantly, ENJOY!!

Regards,
    OW
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 253
    Buy the property in Florida if you want an investment to pay off. Or spend your money of beaten down blue chip stocks (GE, Wells Fargo..)

Buy the LFA if you really want it to enjoy - if you are not prepared to lose a bunch of cash - forget it. If you enjoy driving it, and you have enough money, then at least you'll have fun. Don't mix expensive cars with investing. ;)
    edited March 2010
    AFAIC, the best bang for the buck in the LF-A's current arena is and remains the M-3. It's not anything against the fantastic technology the LF-A demonstrates but more about the fanatical lengths BMW goes to protect it's reign of performance.

This video in no way diminishes the performance value of the LF-A. It does beg to question the future value of investment, however.

Top Gear LF-A vs. M-3

Er... I think you have the LF-A mistaken with the IS-F. The M3 coupe starts at $58K, and competes with the $56K IS-F. That's what Clarkson was comparing in that video. The LF-A is a $350K all carbon fiber V-10 powered super car. If you put one on a track with an M3, the BMW wouldn't know what hit it. The IS-F on the other hand I think has pretty much been a flop. I don't think anybody really wants an IS with a suspension made from concrete and a bunch of ugly tacked on look at me styling bits.

Top Gear did test an actual LF-A, not the IS-F, in the last episode of season 14. The M3 did 1:25.3 in the dry, the LF-A did 1:22.8 in the wet. We'll probably never know how the LF-A would've done in the dry, but if I had to guess, I'd probably put it somewhere in the 1:19 range somewhere around the Murcielago, Enzo, Gallardo, and 911 GT2.

With only 552hp, there's just no way it can hang with the likes of the Gumpert, Ascari, Koenigsegg, Noble, and Zonda.

That's the problem I see with the LF-A. The Enzo is going to appreciate like mad. It's not actually all that fast, but its the Enzo Ferrari. That's all you need. The LF-A has none of that.
    I think LG already sorted this one out. However, the Top Gear wet lap for the LFA has left a lot of people wondering about its dry track performance capability.
    Well it's is 4 for 4 (sort of), that I should not bet on the LFA as an investment, or at least as a justification for acquiring the beast :(
    My investment instinct still viewed this is an incredible opportunity to have a little fun with a rare supercar, and generate decent returns in the medium to long term.
    It's still not a sure thing that Lexus will allocate a copy to me. In the mean time I must ready my deposit just in case they draw my name from the applicant list :surprise:
    Yep, my mistake. Anyway, you set me straight. Thanks.

Regards,
    OW
    The IS-F on the other hand I think has pretty much been a flop

I think the M3 sedan is also a sales flop, and from what I've read, a bunch of people skipped cars in this segments for the GT-R.
    I think LG already sorted this one out. However, the Top Gear wet lap for the LFA has left a lot of people wondering about its dry track performance capability.

Yeah it's really too bad that it was raining that day, as we're unlikely to ever see the Stig in the LF-A again. The LF-A has an unofficial lap around the Nurburgring at 7:24, which is just about the same time as the Enzo, Maserati MC12, and the 600hp version of the Zonda F. Obviously its not the same as the TG test track, but that would suggest a dry time of around 1:19 given how those other cars did.

The 700hp Gumpert Apollo Speed did the ring in 7:11, so the LF-A just wouldn't be able to catch its 1:17 Top Gear time.

I think the M3 sedan is also a sales flop, and from what I've read, a bunch of people skipped cars in this segments for the GT-R.

Yeah I remember hearing that somewhere. Supposedly the sedan will be dropped for the next generation, and my guess is that Audi won't do an RS4 this time.
    The 700hp Gumpert Apollo Speed did the ring in 7:11,

Isn't balance and grip more important in lapping tracks quickly (of course you need enough power to deal with the straight sections)? There are many cars out there with better hp or power to weight ratio than the GT-R, but only manage similar or worst track time.

All that said, I don't believe Lexus is taking this approach to market the LFA. They are focusing on driving experience and exclusivity. Some people predicted that Lexus will have to cancel the production run early due to not enough buyers, but it seems that they already have more than 500 interested parties.
    Isn't balance and grip more important in lapping tracks quickly (of course you need enough power to deal with the straight sections)? There are many cars out there with better hp or power to weight ratio than the GT-R, but only manage similar or worst track time.

Oh definitely. The GT-R tied the F430 Scuderia which is considerably lighter, thanks to the grip provided by that AWD system.

Being able to match the performance of the Enzo or Murcielago SV or maybe even the Zonda F is no small feat for a company that's never done this before. It's certainly a great car, I'm just not sure about it being a great investment. You never know though, I never would've thought that a Hemi Cuda would be worth boat loads of money. Who knows where the collector market will be 20 years from now.
    edited March 2010
    Caught this today for everyone's review...sounds promising.

Transonic Combustion, a startup based in Camarillo, CA, has developed a fuel-injection system it says can improve the efficiency of gasoline engines by more than 50 percent. A test vehicle equipped with the technology gets 64 miles per gallon in highway driving, which is far better than more costly gas-electric hybrids, such as the Prius, which gets 48 miles per gallon on the highway.

Transonic Combustion

Efficient exotic: Transonic Combustion put its new fuel-injection technology into this sports car, which weighs about as much as a Toyota Prius hybrid and has similar aerodynamics. It’s not a hybrid, but it gets better gas mileage than a Prius.
    Credit: Transonic Combustion

Regards,
    OW
    edited March 2010
    Well... I read all the pages and pages of comments, and there is some suggestion that there isn't anything new at all about this... that it is essentially a remake of an expired patent from about twenty years ago which was also largely about pre-heating the fuel.

Over the years there have been all kinds of devices claiming to accomplish incredible fuel efficiency and gas mileage, and for one reason or another, the car companies were never interested in doing anything other than protesting every single proposal or suggestion that was ever made that might require them to increase their CAFE.

Even then, the auto companies would sell massive amounts of underpowered vehicles to the car rental companies in order to manipulate the CAFE numbers. There are also stories, or rumors (no one ever really seems to know) that the oil companies bought out all those inventions, or that somehow the inventors died mysteriously... somehow suggesting that the oil companies were in a conspiracy to make sure we were all using as much gas as possible, because it was in their best interest. Who knows?

Nowadays, the world is more receptive to the idea of fuel efficiency, but the bottom line is that there are still very few real life products, and plenty of concepts. Seems to me that in this age of advanced technology, it's strange that we don't have many more fuel efficient choices beyond a Prius and a motorcycle. Gotta wonder why.

Thanks for the post! BTW, "transonic" has a nice ring to it, don't you think? ;)

Great marketing appeal (or gimmick?).

Bottom line dude... it's anybody's guess whether we'll ever really see this thing go into production, or even if it's a legitimate product in the first place. :)

TM
    edited March 2010
    What happened to Toyota... that they went from building the world's most reliable cars to a company that can't get a car's only two primary pedals to work properly?

Toyota's have lost their proper "go" and their proper "stop". What's left?

Now that Toyota has reached the low point of not being able to provide two working pedals in their vehicles, the only thing left for them to do is manufacture......... Fred Flintstone vehicles.

As illustrated, this could also prove to be too technically challenging for Toyota.

TM
    Even then, the auto companies would sell massive amounts of underpowered vehicles to the car rental companies in order to manipulate the CAFE numbers. There are also stories, or rumors (no one ever really seems to know) that the oil companies bought out all those inventions, or that somehow the inventors died mysteriously... somehow suggesting that the oil companies were in a conspiracy to make sure we were all using as much gas as possible, because it was in their best interest. Who knows?

The idea of the great conspiracy to destroy the 100 mpg carburetor might've held a bit more water in the '70s, but today it just doesn't fly. Automakers are not in a secret pact with oil companies to keep efficiency down and consumption up.

That's not to say that engineers and designers weren't lazy while gas was cheap. Part of the problem was ever increasing safety standards, but lazy engineering and relentless feature creep also has a lot to do with why today's cars are so big and heavy.

Automakers have gotten the wake up call, particularly if they want to meet upcoming EU regulations. You can't get away with cutting corners anymore. The Aston Martin Cygnet is a cynical and rather ridiculous attempt to improve the company's overall ratings while doing nothing, but most automakers are being very aggressive now in trying to increase efficiency as much as possible with hybrids, pure electrics, range extending gas/electric models and diesel electrics.

I think if there was some sort of miracle technology out there, automakers would be scrambling to implement it.

As I mentioned before, Honda has been surprisingly absent from this recent efficiency surge. VCM is a nice idea, but its also a very old one and its not that effective. IMA is obsolete technology, any plans for Honda diesels in the US have been abandoned, and direct injection is apparently "too hard" for little old Honda. They need to get with the program.
  • anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860
    There always seems to be something that makes claims that do not seem to pan out over time......Just a thought that for some reason makes sense, is if a computer can shut down a number of cylinders depending on demand, then that would seem to lead to meaningful gas savings...?...Why did that not get developed? Thanks for the article anyway....Tony
    No problem...we will see if it pans out. I agree that more can be done as technology improves and this brand new start-up needs a chance to be tested.

We've come a long way from the carburetor yet they still use them in racing because they are simple. Fuel injection has improved and electric tech is opening up as well. This Transonic Combustion system looks like it could be something far more advanced and I'm going to keep an open mind because thee can always be improvements to the ICE before all-electric becomes the norm.

TSCi

Transonic Combustion, a start-up developing a supercritical fuel injection system that can improve the fuel economy of internal combustion engines by between 50-75% (earlier post), will raise its final round of funding (D round) this year and is targeting production deployment of its TSCi Fuel Injection System by OEMs by 2014, according to Mike Rocke, Transonic’s Vice President Marketing and Business Development. Transonic was exhibiting at the Department of Energy’s ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit in Washington earlier this week.

2014 E.T.A.

Regards,
    OW
    I too hope for success for the pioneers....They did speak of an additive--I wonder what--and in this case, a cost savings over a hybrid....and I am sure it will be an imaginative IPO .....Can you guess what it would have done in 1999 :)..

I might try another diesel, but I`m thinking I`l stick with gas an the next car, which I am having trouble finding....I have comeback to the E Mercedes, as after thinking of Phil`s observations on the state of the electronics being so fast changing, that there would be no substance to them...The new Audi 8- to be- really doesn`t seem to raise the bar from my present car other than electronics....My wife`s BMW has had the electrical problems , and I frankly just do not think it worth the money, although it has it`s high points, and she was really excited when she got it......I think the excitement factor has yet to be found for us.....Any thoughts? Tony
    edited March 2010
    most automakers are being very aggressive now in trying to increase efficiency as much as possible with hybrids, pure electrics, range extending gas/electric models and diesel electrics.

Not nearly as aggressive as they could be... not even close. LG... we all know that Mercedes, for example and by their own admission, intentionally just paid the fines associated with their poor CAFE numbers. It has been a matter of standard operating procedure for years and years. It was cheaper to pay the fines, and build the cars the same old gas-guzzling way year after year.

There was no real attempt or to R & D some serious fuel efficiency. Only in the most recent years have we seen any attempts at all... and that is only because the current marketplace more clearly dictates that they must finally get their act together.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories myself... but I do attribute some of the failures to arrogant (and ignorant) automakers and to greedy (and market manipulative) oil companies... sorry, but that's how I see it.

TM
  • gfr1gfr1 Member Posts: 55
    TM, et al -- Some comments in "The Star" (Mercedes Club of America) magazine, in case you haven't read it. The S400 Hybrid is ruynning about 10% of S-model sales and only held back by people not being aware of it. "Later this year we will see their first diesel Hybrid, the E300 BlueTec Hybrid, which will be in the "40 plus" mpg range. Retail deliveries of this vehicle are schedud to begin 2011". "Then they will go one step further with the next generation of the S-class. With more than 70 mpg, the S500 Plug-in Hybrid shows the potential of the Mercedes hybrid strategy". They didn't say anything about the "when" of the S500 "next generation". -- gfr1
    edited March 2010
    thank you gfr1... I saw that yesterday... here's some more for you and the gang...

Back in January, it was reported that Mercedes-Benz will offer the next-generation S-Class with a plug-in hybrid variant. At the time, insiders said that with the help of weight reduction and aerodynamic improvements, the S-Class plug-in hybrid sedan will be able to return an estimated 67 mpg.

In an interview with CARandDRIVER, passenger-car development boss Thomas Weber said that the Mercedes-Benz Vision S500 Plug-in Hybrid Concept shown in Frankfurt last year could achieve a fuel-economy of 78 mpg. He said that when the large luxury plug-in sedan hits markets it could hit at least 81 mpg (based on the European hybrid cycle).

Power will come from a 3.0L V6 gasoline engine mated to a 60-hp electric-motor. In pure-electric mode, Mercedes-Benz expects the plug-in hybrid S-Class to be able to travel over 20 miles at speeds of up to 68 mph.

Daimler AG said yesterday it will double its investment in green technologies over the next two years for its Mercedes-Benz brand. The Stuttgart automaker plans on spending $1.4 billion in each of the next two years to develop batteries and fuel-efficient engines.

source: link title

It's about freakin time...

TM
  • jlbljlbl Member Posts: 1,333
    Hi All,

In two weeks I am going to the New Series 5 premiere at my usual dealer. I'll try to retain some nice information if there is any and the cava glasses let me to do it. Sure I'll share my feeling.

Regards,
    Jose

PS: F1-Boss Ecclestone said that F1 engines should be hybrid by 2013. A big move, KERS having been introduced just last season.
    not.
    I wouldn't be so lucky to get one of these. Lexus dealer called last night to inform that I was not choosen :cry::cry::cry:
    Oh well, I can only dream... Sarasota water front properties, I have my eyes on you. :D:D
    that is incredible mileage for a large sedan.
    Tony, what about the Jag XF-R...excitement and luxury at a step up from the typical.

Regards,
    OW
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    I think the M3 sedan is also a sales flop...

I'd have to see some official sales numbers to believe that. Maybe it's a regional/area thing, but around here, I see more M3 sedans on the road than coupes and 'verts. And, personally, I prefer the sedan over the coupe.
    Hola Jose

Long time since you posted :) I would like an un-biased report from yourself.....Might be hard as you have high regards for your own car.....Glad you got that car also Tony
    I wouldn't be so lucky to get one of these. Lexus dealer called last night to inform that I was not choosen
    Oh well, I can only dream... Sarasota water front properties, I have my eyes on you.

Blessing in disguise. ;)

TM
    Those are exactly my wife's words of wisdom.
    I've read that Singarporean buyers (2) paid 800K for each copy, probably due to high import taxes...
    I've seem many coupes and just one sedan in Toronto, so it is probably a regional thing. i wonder if BMW has the data.
    Not a flop at all. Here is some data for 2008 which is the most current full year data I could find. The M-3 is very desirable afaic. Might not be everyone's cup-of--tea but it sure is one of the best examples of the words "sports car" in any car on the planet.

18,000 Global - 2008

Regards,
    OW
  • tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    In two weeks I am going to the New Series 5 premiere at my usual dealer.

Does that mean we finally get rid of Bangle styling? Perhaps the 5-series will be handsome again.
    There was no real attempt or to R & D some serious fuel efficiency. Only in the most recent years have we seen any attempts at all... and that is only because the current marketplace more clearly dictates that they must finally get their act together.

I agree, the point I was making was that to argue that there's some amazing 80 mpg fuel injector or whatever out there and that automakers are in a secret pact to not use it is silly. The push to make dramatic gains in fuel economy is just starting, but it is happening.

My own S6 is very much an example of the old way of doing things. It's very heavy and it drinks gas like a Chevy Suburban. I bought it in part because its the old way taken to the extreme. The current S6/S8 and M5 are likely to be the last time V10s are used in luxury sedans and I wanted to experience one before they are gone for good. V12s are still around for the prestige factor, but eventually those will probably have to go as well.

The new S4 3.0T is considerably more efficient than its V8 predecessor, and I would expect that the TT V8 powered S6 4.0T will bring similar gains compared to the V10. It's a start.
    Not a flop at all. Here is some data for 2008 which is the most current full year data I could find.

The sedan is the worst selling of the M3 variants. It's beaten by the coupe more than 3 to 1. I'm not sure what BMW was expecting, but the rumor at least is that the sedan will not return next time.
    edited March 2010
    Does that mean we finally get rid of Bangle styling? Perhaps the 5-series will be handsome again.

BMW is basically back to the "small, medium, large" styling method they used prior to the '02 745. The new 5 is just a mix of the 3 and 7. The ugliness of the current car is gone, but it doesn't really stand out anymore either. It's just sort of there - midsized BMW.

On the upside, the interior is also shrunken 7 series, and it absolutely blows the blocky, bland E class interior out of the water. It's better than the Jag and better than the new M, although for Infiniti, the M's interior is spectacular. The ball is now in Audi's court.
    BMW efficient dynamics

A great shot at Ingolstadt from Munich in this.
  • jlbljlbl Member Posts: 1,333
    Haha, I enjoyed it. :D

Regards,
    Jose