Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Luxury Lounge

Comments

• riche1riche1 Member Posts: 1
    What happened to County Line Lexus in North Miami? This once great dealership has relocated and is TERRIBLE, RUDE, and just doesn't seem to get it.I've been going to County Line Lexus for 14 years. The service used to be great. I'll never go back after today. After never making a damage claim in all 14 years on my car I pulled in and the lady who approached my car started getting on her hands and looking at the car at every possible angle. At first I laughed until about 10 minutes later when she still was "crawling" around the car and marking almost non existant specks on her sheet. My car is almost perfect. Yeah perhaps a scuff or two but this lady was on a mission. Finally, I had enough. What the hell kind of treatment is this. I brought the car in for a major service -- thousands easily. But these folks were hell bent and making an enemy out of this old customer. How dumb. I finally just jumped in the car and said adios to my old friends at County Line Lexus. What a horrible new way of doing business!!! Don't make the same mistake. Dollars never were an issue with me, decent treatment always shows class. R. Evans
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You'll get the word out to people in your local area better by submitted a review for this dealership in our dealership ratings & reviews section: http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/drr/jump.html

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860
    Why was she inspecting the car in such a way? Just curious, as I haven`t ever had that happen anywhere with any type of car...Tony
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    they just had to pay a claim for damage that was suspicious at best. The management puts in a rule that every vehicle must be thoroughly inspected for prior damage. Anyone caught not doing a thorough prior damage check will be terminated immediately. She was just doing her job. No reason to get offended.
    When management calms down from having to pay claims, the rules will slack a bit. That's how business goes.
  • kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Part of the Tonkin group, dealer was officially opened today. Huge dealership, possibly one of the largest in Oregon. We had mayor of Wilsonville (he cut the red ribbon), chamber of Commerce, Ron Tonkin and his brother, and several heads of Audi divisions including president of Audi USA attending. 500+ people, full catering one guitar group, one DJ, almost all the models parked in the brand new service department. Sales people all over the place. Had opportunity to chat with Audi's president and associates, praised them for engineering, politely suggested they reconsider offering Quattro with Diesel engines for the NW states. Liked the Q5 the best.
    A pity Audi currently ranks 2nd from bottom for reliability on Consumer Report's latest auto survey. I didn't bring that up :-).
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email pr@edmunds.com asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    What happened to this board (wind blowing through broken/boarded-up windows, tumbleweed blowing across the path)?

Why...it's deserted here......(owl hooting, shutters flapping).
  • warthogwarthog Member Posts: 216
    The Recession Gang rode through town. All the good folks left.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    All the good folks left.

Along with the rest of us, many are over discussing their conquests in the stock market.

Cars, who needs stinkin' luxury cars?

Apparently, not this group.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Did you choose your new car because of the infotainment technology features it offered? Might you be tempted to replace a used car that feels out of date from an infotainment technology standpoint? If so a reporter wants to interview you. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Tuesday, January 25, 2010 with your daytime contact info and a few words on the topic.
  • KellboneKellbone Member Posts: 3
    What specifically makes diesel fuel "dirty" as many posts contained herein state? Diesel fuel in the U. S. and Canada and Europe no longer has any more than 15 parts per million (virtually zero) of sulfur in the fuel. It's illegal for any U.S. refining and marketing company to produce diesel fuel containing more than that. Diesel fuel about 5 to 10 years ago had anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 ppm. Every refinery in the U. S. has converted to ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel. Unless I'm missing something, I would like to know what remains in diesel fuel that would make people still consider it "dirty". Perhaps one of the chemical engineers from a refining company can enlighten us more.
  • james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    It does make more of a mess if you happen to drip some on your hands or shoes because it is closer to oil and less volatile. Other than that, many people still remember driving behind a truck or bus and nearly choking on the black cloud. True, that normally doesn't happen anymore, but memories are long. I truely wish more of the top performing diesel engines available elsewhere made it to the USA...I waited over a year for a promised BMW model to find it is likely still at least 18-months (or more) away. Broke down and bought the gasoline version.
  • tmakogontmakogon Member Posts: 74
    The diesel engines work at higher pressures. Gasoline engine pre-ignition compression is 150-200 psi. Diesel compression is 350-600 psi. Working under higher pressure, diesels are noisier and slower. This higher pressure also requires a heavier and stronger diesel engine block. That's why you don't see diesels in Formula or luxury cars - too heavy, lower RPMs, and more contaminants. Diesel is mainly used in tractors, boats and locomotives, where weight and emissions are not a key issue. Diesels do though generate more power from the same mass of fuel.

Besides the higher pressure there's a different combuston cycle and release from diesel of nitrogen oxides NOx, which are toxic and reportedly linked to sudden infant death syndrome. NOx emissions led Benz to use urea injection to get diesel exhaust to pass emissions regulations, marketed as Bluetec. BMW responded with Advanced Diesel. I think I only saw one or two Bluetecs on the streets. This different combustion often leads to soot, smoke and contaminants in the exhaust and deposits buildup in the engine.

Other than that a gasoline engine burning oil can smoke even more.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    I've been looking at a bunch of cars and I need some help. Maybe even a shrink. I live non-metro (ie. West of I495) New England and have the itch to buy a Euro sedan. I need some room to stretch on a trip to Maine or Western New York and AWD to handle winter. My present fleet has the bases covered (a late model pickup for snow days; a Porsche Cayenne for putzing around town) but I'd like to get a snazzier set of wheels for long trips and maybe nights on the town. Here are some of the cars I've been looking at. I'd welcome your feedback.

1) S550: too much baggage, trying too hard
    2) E Class: a little boring, a little steriotypical
    3) A8: bland exterior styling
    4) A6: good pricing, last year for V8
    5) Porsche Pamamera: good pricing, a little small for a trip to Buffalo
    6) LR4 : the Section 179 makes it a very good deal for a biz owner
    7) 7 Series: not that pricey if you order with 'minimal options" , OK handling with short wheel base and ARS , but long term reliability?
    8) Lexus: Yawn
    9) Jag: no AWD means I don't get home at night
    8) 5 Series: OK but can get pricey if you check the boxes like "leather" (imagine a car for this MSRP with leather as an extra cost option!)
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    edited April 2011
    1, 2, 7, 8 BMW and Mercedes are great but ooze "new money"/trying to impress all the wrong people.

Audi makes one good car. And it's hideously expensive. Not good for trips, really.

The Panamera is missing something. You want to love it. But it's missing something that you can't quite put your finger on. It lacks that "awesome" factor that say, an Aston Martin has.

Lexus is prozac on 4 wheels. It's what you drive when you can't drive anything else because of your failing reflexes. Well, that or a Buick. There's a reason that it's called the "Japanese Buick".

- The Cadillac CTS is designed in Germany, so it's kind of a nice spot as it's "American" but drives like a 5 series, or darn close to it. The CTS wagon is also a nice option.

- Infiniti's upper end sedan is quite nice - the only thing out of Japan that I'd recommend in fact in this segment. The EX is basically a wagon version of the G. It's very nice and one of the few crossovers that I can stomach. Infiniti is neck and neck with Toyota in reliability, which is rare for most premium brands. And the red they offer for it has to be seen to be believed as it's just the right shade to look classy. If you're sick of tan, white, and beige, it's a nice alternative. There's also the G37 sedan.

All you really need is the Journey AWD of the G or EX plus nav - forget the rest of the options. $40K and it looks and drives fantastic. The same applies to the CTS - get the Luxury AWD version with nav and that's it.

If all of that is too small, the M56x is better than the S class IMO. It's a real sleeper, though - most people simply don't know how good it is. And it's tons cheaper as year-end discounts are quite a bit steeper than Mercedes ever offers. You have Mercedes fit and finish, Japanese reliability, and the road feel of a big Jaguar or similar. It impressed me a lot and made me wish I was a LOT richer so I could afford one ;) (test drove a CPO one and was amazed it's on nobody's radar)

http://www.examiner.com/auto-review-in-national/first-drive-car-review-2011-infi- - niti-m56x-no-one-s-second-fiddle
    Not Edmunds, (heh) but a great review. The best part is that the AWD is rear wheel biased, so it gets out of your way when the roads are good.

EDIT - note - as much as I went on about the M, I still would personally get the CTS as it's plenty fast and is much sportier when you want it to be.
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Interesting you would choose the CTS. I agree the Infinity would be an excellent choice for BIG. My personal choice would be the G but would be tempted for the bigger brother as well.

I wouldn't do the Caddy just because of the bailout. Not until all accounts are settled do I ever even think about a GM. The history still bristles the back of my neck and it's going on 2 years since Government Motors was born. :mad:

Anyway, good luck BIG. I would also choose the A8 (CPO to save cash) because it is understated but capable just because the fit and finish is top class and the interior is a nice place to be on long rides.

Regards,
    OW
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    I thought this was "luxury" lounge.

CTS does not even make the list.

You all have your opinions but I have owned at least 1/2 the above and presently have 2009 A8L. Best car (even over the S550) I have ever owned.

Would buy another in a year but they have lowered the height and being 6'4" my head brushes the roof. Looks like S600 for me.

Now back to the CTS...........you want something in the same class but roomy and all the other BS..........ES350. Owned 2 - LS430's and 1 - 460. The ES surprised me when I bought the SC-430 in for service.

Again, just MHO.
    The ES350 is FWD, though, and so it is just a fancy Buick. It's nice and all, but "nice" is a word I never hope to have to use to describe anything that I own.

I think the upper-end CTS with the direct injection engine squeaks into the same league as the E class and the 5 series. It's not real "luxury", but neither are they, really. There is some overlap.

It's just that most everything large and luxury just puts me to sleep or is stupidly expensive. The M is an exception.
    edited April 2011
    If I were to get a new "M", I'd only lease it, not buy it. The resale on Infinitis are poor (I've taken a beating on each I've owned), and one tires of Infinitis quickly. Keep in mind that in these times of rising oil prices, Infinitis burn a lot of gasoline.
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    The poor economy and resale (in comparison with their equals) are concerns with Infinity.

But the A8 also is marginally worse in resale vs. Merc and Bimmer.

The thing is, I keep liking that understated presentation with the A8. But the A-7 might be worth the wait...

Regards,
    OW
    Cool. An Audi 5 Series ;)

Of course, if money is an issue, just get a CPO one. You can get a new S550 4Matic (as an example) for $85K and a CPO one 3 years old with less than 30K on it for $55K. Mercedes has one of the best CPO programs as well, so it's really a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

I also hear word that Porsche will have a coupe version of the Panamera. The bits and pieces that have been leaked and the mock-ups and drawings that people have come across suggest that it will be a very beautiful car. They'll probably resurrect the 928 name as well.
    (I just got everyone reading this a bit excited - heh)

I guess it would be like making a 4 door Mustang. Certain cars just look wrong with 4 doors.
    I have a 2006 M35x and am replacing it with a BMW 535ix GT this month (pick it up in Munich the end of this month). I found the M noisy on a long trip even after I spent nearly $1k on a shop to install Dynamat all over the interior. The 2011 models supposedly have active noise cancellation, and that may help. I didn't look at them since the old one just had enough headroom, and the new ones are lower. The newer ones have more gears in the tranny, so may also rev lower at cruise, but mine ran over 3000rpm at 70mph, which may be fine on a short trip, but got really old on a long one.
    Thanks for your thoughtful comments. You are right. The Audi lineup doesn't appeal much to the new money crowd which is fine with me.

The A7 is now on the ground and looks gorgeous. Idon't think that the gold chain crowd will ever want to drive one. Now if Audi can get their residuals up, a biz lease on an A7 would be just the thing: a little style, AWD to get home with in January, a hatch back to throw my gymn bag into in the AM, etc. All without teeing off the troops.
    That A7 is going to finally give the BMW 5 series something to have bad drams about at night ;)

It looks fantastic, the interior, well, it's Audi - enough said, and it's getting rave reviews. I expect Top Gear or Fifth Gear to review it very shortly.
    Looks great..............exactly the same as my A8 except the volume control is on the right instead of the left.............:-)

Too bad they lowered the height 3".
    edited April 2011
    Perhaps a better comparison would be kind of like how the Jaguar XK is essentially essentially a upper-middle class man's Aston Martin. ie - This shares a lot of DNA with the Panamera. But for less money, less snobbish factor, and without the hideous rear end. It's a win-win-win situation.

If you think of it in this light, it's clear why it's 3 inches lower and looks like it does. Now Audi has two world-class cars - and this one isn't priced at stupidly high levels like the R8 is.

Oh - Top Gear's review of it says that the ride is pretty much not a factor. In a good way, that is. It does everything except for make you excited on track days/have that supercar rush. Myself, I love that sort of understated and yet supremely confident feel that you get from cars like this. Volvo used to be the epitome of this type of ride years ago, and for me, that's the right balance between performance and luxury. But I suspect that a slightly louder exhaust kit would solve it if you really want to make some noise. :P
    Those 3" are exactly the reason why I ended up with a BMW 535 GT, it was one of the few cars that actually had some decent headroom. I'll put up with that rather than having to cock my head into the sunroof well!
    edited April 2011
    Of course, given the seating angles (it's quite low in the Panamera) your head won't touch the ceiling anyways. For anyone under 6'2", it'll be fine. And a lot cheaper than the base Panamera.

Plus, what's not to like about a V6 with a big supercharger on it? Thank you thank you thank you for not putting a whiny little turbo on it, Audi. Since it has a better transmission than the base Panamera (8 vs 7 gears), and weighs a bit less, it gets to 60mph in about half a second quicker as well. IMO, there's no reason to actually buy the base Panamera instead of this.
    Ah, but I am taller than 6' 2", and don't like to sit leaning way back, which makes it even worse!
  • tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    Those 3" are exactly the reason why I ended up with a BMW 535 GT, it was one of the few cars that actually had some decent headroom.

I hear the Scion xB has a lot of headroom, too. :shades:
    edited April 2011
    But I thought this was the LUXURY lounge... :)

It really frosts me that some of the nice cars are only available here (in the USA) with a sunroof, and that can take as much as 3 or more inches out of the headroom. On an A6 I owned awhile ago, you could still order it without, and the difference was 2.85" extra headroom. Personally, I can easily live without a sunroof...higher insurance, higher center of gravity, more sources of squeaks, less torsional rigidity, and more expensive (in Germany, the GT's sunroof is optional at 1700 Euros...an amount I'd much prefer spending on other things!). Mercedes had the sunroof 'optional' for awhile, their 'base' price was lower than some comperables, and the salesman told me all sorts of people came in and complained, 'but it's standard on X'; not associating that their base price was inflated because of it. As a nation, we are pretty poor about understanding this sort of thing...too bad. I much prefer the old way where you could cherry pick the items you want, especially, if the manufacturer allows that in their home market (i.e., Germany). While you can get packages, and it can save money if you want most of it, it's really annoying to spend say $2000 to get one thing that's available in their home market for $200, and you could easily live without the others. The hassle here is many of those brands are only marketed as 'luxury' cars, where they, with less content, are sometimes a commodity vehicle in the home market, except when optioned out with all sorts of really nice stuff. On most, we can't buy it without leather, for example, and on most of the mid-size cars like the A6, 5xx, and Exxx, it's optional in the home market, and, you can get it in an ecconomical 4-cylinder engine...it still is built well, but costs maybe 10's of thousands less. So, you get what you pay for. Here, we're too stuck up, expecting the cache of the brand to only represent certain things. It would just be too much for someone to have a neighbor with a car that looked the same on the outside to cost $25K less than yours...we're just stuck up...
  • tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    It really frosts me that some of the nice cars are only available here (in the USA) with a sunroof, and that can take as much as 3 or more inches out of the headroom.

Can you custom order without a sunroof and go European delivery with Audi, BMW, or MB?
    edited April 2011
    Actually, yes. There are a number of changes that you can get via European delivery that aren't on the web sites and so on. I've heard of custom colors, upgraded leather, and all sorts of other things as well for some extra money. As well as things like being able to delete a sunroof, get cloth seats, and even sometimes get a manual that's not normally available (or often simply not ordered by dealers in the U.S., even though it is technically offered somewhere in their forms.)

Plus, the interesting this in most European delivery programs are almost the same price as buying it locally and you get to be pampered for a day, tour the factory, and see Europe for a few days or longer. They're hoping to get a bit of kickback from the tourist packages the agencies they have deals with, of course.
    Unless you may be in-country when you order and purchase the car (diplomatic sales), you are buying the car from the US arm, even though you are picking it up in Germany. There are certain options (with BMW at least) that you can only order on the car (i.e., the dealer can't order them that way for their stock - they have to be assigned to an actual end user customer), but after multiple requests, the US arm of BMW refuses to sell a vehicle with 'deleted' standard equipment (as defined by the US arm). I know, I've tried. IOW, they will NOT sell the GT without a sunroof in the US.

I wrote a letter to Mercedes and had the local dealer ask on an E-class, and no they would not build one for US certification without a sunroof. Also had the AUdi dealer check, and (at least on the models I was interested in, no). On that car, at least in the current models, the difference in headroom is huge, nearly 4" with and without the sunroof. I'd easily fit in that car without a sunroof, but with it, I'd not want to own it.

Now, maybe if you're talking like something in the Bently, RR, Aston, etc., yes, they'll bend over backwards, but not on the commodity vehicles (and no, I don't wish to spend anywhere near that much money on one of those). Got enough money, and all sorts of things can be done.

In Germany, for home market consumption, almost everything is a la cart. But, once it goes through one of their other country sales offices, they and the factory decide what is available. For example, the BMW UK branch treats the GT the same way as the US...the sunroof is standard equipment, but they have other things that are standard that are optional here (if even available). So, it is a country by country thing.

Without lots of work and extra money, with the EPA and safety requirments to bring a car into the US, it is not practical for the average person to buy a Euopean spec vehicle and expect to register and drive it in the US. Plus, the US branch won't honor the warranty of a grey market car, even if you could get it past the Feds.

It needs to be clear...when doing a European delivery, you are NOT buying it direct through the factory, you are still buying it through a US dealer, and it must meet the US arm's set of requirements. And, while there is a little more flexibility, it isn't really all that much. Maybe in the past, but not now.
    edited April 2011
    Well, that's unfortunate. I know it is different for specific manufacturers, though, and Audi/Porsche seem to be a bit more open to that sort of thing. (custom paint/custom leather/etc) The A7 may be high enough in price that a letter or two to the right people might get them to make a fairly reasonable change as that - ie - "I can't physically fit in the car but I want one - could you please make me one without a sunroof?" If it's non-functional or non-safety related, (ie - EPA won't care about the change) it should be possible.

You'd have to likely get the ball rolling in Germany first, though, since the U.S. branch of most manufacturers is more like a franchise and really has no options or say in things. They U.S. side will likely have a fit and get their shorts in a wad, but it should be possible. (my guess is that the corporate pencil-heads don't want to alter the paperwork to include a custom option or recalculate the price). Myself, I hate sunroofs so much that I'd pay FOR the sunroof to not have it installed.
    I'll make my thoughts clear to the person I talk to when I pick up the car, but I doubt it will make much difference. Another simple thing, I'd like the homelink, self-dimming mirror, but it is part of a big package with other things I really don't want. It's available as a separate item in Germany. I like the feel of the sport steering wheel, but it's part of the sport package which has things in it I don't want - available as a separate option in Germany. Really expensive to have changed out here, as the airbags are different, so you have to buy that as well. The dealer can do it, but it is a $200 option in Germany to swap upon order processing, but in the order of $1400 here to have a dealer replace it (the airbag is expensive, and then they have a nearly new, but not, airbag and steering wheel you probably wouldn't get any credit for).

There are advantages to being tall, but it can be a major challenge in everyday life as well. The world is made for average people, tall or short are an afterthought. Every once in awhile, someone quite tall gets into a decision making position, and there's some exceptions on what's available, but the bean counters usually nix it.
    I'm seeing a fair number of otherwise optioned up E Class Mercedes in showrooms without leather but M B Tex. There must be a problem with MB's leather vendor. I can't see a luxury car mfg passing up the opportunity to gaffe the cusomter with an expensive option.

The interesting thing is that the MB Tex is standard and not an extra cost option, looks better, and lasts longer. This could be the start of something. I wish I had MB Tex on my Silverado. The General's leather is already cracking and wearing thin after only 3 years. (In contrast the leather on my 05 Cayenne looks hardly sat-in.)
    All leathers for automobile use except for the highest-end full grain leathers are manufactured these days. Mercedes is at least honest about theirs not being real leather. Also, being that they were the first to make the stuff back in the 60s, (!), they ARE the standard by which the others try to (mostly unsuccessfully) copy.
    The General's leather is "ap-cray" as is Acura's.

MB Tex wears very well but their extra-cost leather's aromatic smell is almost itself worth the price of admission.
    Yeah, MB "Leather" is the real deal and is the same stuff that you find only in the top 1-2 vehicles at most other manufacturers. No fiber/cloth backing, no texturing, no crumbling apart at 3-4 years. Then again, you do have to maintain it.

Here's the deal - many major Mercedes dealers will retrofit your seats in your car to leather as an aftermarket service. It's only a little more cost than the leather package (since it's only the seats) and you can get the same leather as you get in the S class. The net result is a better grade seat than the OEM leather upgrade. Note - I live in Los Angeles, so there are a couple of dealers who do this if you want - ymmv in smaller cities, of course)

Most people don't know about it and don't bother with the extra 3K or so. I certainly would if I was buying something that cost 40-50K like most Mercedes do these days.
    Hay Phil----You still got the s5? darkish blue? Tony
    A reporter for a men’s lifestyle publication is interested in interviewing a male who has saved up enough money to indulge his goal of buying a luxury car. She wants to interview such a person to find out what unexpected benefits came his way, or how his life changed following this purchase. If you are interested in being interviewed, please respond to pr@edmunds.com with your name, phone number and the make and model of the car you purchased by Friday, September 9, 2011 .

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• darrenstondarrenston Member Posts: 5
    i heard the talk about the Porsche 928s from a couple of friends of mine i seen the car once before and it looks a lot like the 944 which i know as being Porsche's not so expensive product line and not as fast as the newer ones iv-ed driven a late model 911 and it handles really well i want to know how does the 928s handle or is it one of those cars you just let the opportunity pass by on taking a test drive... maybe it will be Porsche's new comeback ride in the future.

10 Tips On Buying From An Auto Auction
    http://10tipsonautoaction.blogspot.com/
    The 928 ended in 1995. It was to replace the 911. End of story.

I have an Audi G5, A8L, (had a GT3 - traded back in after 30 days - wanted to keep my license) and now a 911 Carrera GTS.

The 928 is a realative inexpensive car to purchase if you have knowledge of Porsche repair or deep pockets for it's repair. Nice thing about it is the V8 engine.

Good luck on your quest. If I get the right deal, will trade the Porsche and pick up a R8 (again if the price is right....:-)
  • darrenstondarrenston Member Posts: 5
    but i taught the 928 have a straight 4 cylinder turbo i didn't know it was a v8.. this week i saw a guy with one in my area and hes selling it for like 8 grand is it worth spending that much for a car like that.

10 Tips On Buying From An Auto Auction
    http://10tipsonautoaction.blogspot.com/
    That's kind of tricky. You really want one that's been owned by a fanatic and is in nearly showroom condition if you can manage it, because you can drop another 8K in repairs and reconditioning and the like into a 928 without hardly blinking.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    )

The General's leather is "ap-cray" as is Acura's.

It sure is - as was Fords before about 2007 - significantly better now. Remember however, the seats are subcontracted out to either Johnson Controls or other manufacturers to make. The quality is speced out of course by the car company, but you will find a similar grade of "leather" spread among various companies, such as Ford, GM, Chrysler and Toyota or Honda.
    Had that Model and year and dumped it for an Audi A8L after 9 months. No comparison.....go German.
  • rockshocka1rockshocka1 Member Posts: 310
    Tony,

Didn't realize how long it's been since I checked in here until seeing the date of your post. Time flies! Yes, still have the S5, meteor gray, turns 4 tomorrow. Almost 35k miles, not a single problem other than key fob mows down batteries. Will hang onto it longer than I expected, because I don't want to say goodbye to the 4.2. What a shame.

Since we last communicated, I've taken possession of that '69 Jaguar XKE 2 you may or may not remember the pics I posted of. Keep your eyes open, I've been driving it top down in our area every Sunday in this awesome weather we've had. I'm also considering a new S8 in the near future, unless I can be talked down. ;-)
    Hi

Man what a coincident...I haven`t even visited this forum in a very long time, and just typed in Luxury Car to see what wold happen...WoW

I still have the goldish colored A 8, and it is going on seven years or somewhere around that era...It`s been a fantastic car, and I had the few things that broke fixed--like the tire pressure and some valve that made the car almost not work---pollution---McDaniel has treated me very well even helping out on the tire sensor thing....I just might get another one, but really there is no reason to , as the car is still fresh to me...

I`l look for the Jag with the top down ---fabulous lines---one of my favorites along with the old Porsche....I owned on way back then, got it from a service guy who bought it in Germany , put the thousand miles on and flew it back to the states...cost four thousand five hundred---and a rolllex back then for two hundred fifth, and have it on my wrist right now....

Take care and look for the `old` gold colored a8, primarily west of the Ashley..

Amazing coincidence Tony :)