Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Cadillac CTS

1515253545557»

Comments

• Options
    pony00pony00 Member Posts: 10
    Do you have a CTS DI? I rented a regular CTS and the seats were much more comfortable. I have a CTS DI and the seats aren't as comfortable, but that's made by design since it's the sportier version. It is a sport sedan in general anyways so the seats aren't usually that comfy. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    yankman04,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your New CTS. Thank you for your support. I have documented your concerns. Have you talked with the Service department or your sales person regarding this concern? I would recommend doing so just to see if there is anything they can do. Please feel free to email me directly.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • Options
    zahavazahava Member Posts: 11
    I have had all these types of cars. I am a little older and remember the days of no AWD. Well, like most of the posts here. The tires matter a lot. In the old days I had 'snow tires' so, that just meant 2 snow tires for the rear end. They worked just fine and with careful driving. Today, I think that AWD with a set of 'dedicated snow tires' and skill and careful driving is the ans. for 'best'performance. Pretty much what people are saying here. I live in a snowy climate and I do see a number of 4 WD vehicles in the ditches every year. That doesn't mean that FWD with good snow tires isn't good or not preferred. Another caveat is what are you driving? Some just like certain types of cars' High performance or not H/P. My wife and I owned 2 Caddy CTS x4. Good cars. The posts here are right. The CTS is a performance sedan so it usually has the P tires. So to get the maxium benefit in the winter;get the 'dedicated S/Tires. It's all good. We have a FWD car and I have a set of Blizzaks for it. That does well too but must admit the AWD makes a 'Tad' differrence.
  • Options
    cpramsey54cpramsey54 Member Posts: 4
  • Options
    jupinbeanjupinbean Member Posts: 1
    I had the same issues with my 2008 cts with pinging in the engine . after several trip to the dealer and contacting cadillac. They said that they are replacing my engine. It,s been about eight months now and mybe about 24000 miles later and I'm starting to have the same pinging sound in my engine. I use top line of gas in the car exxon. what should I do? should I report it back to the dealer ship or report it to the lemon law. :mad:
  • Options
    pony00pony00 Member Posts: 10
    Are you sure it's not your exhaust? I recently had a rattling noise in my rear exhaust and they told me (of course after my warranty had expired) that I need an entirely new exhaust. Luckily the dealership I went to got GM to pitch in for most of the cost so I was happy. Then I noticed a rattling again (not as bad as the bad exhaust noise before) and my husband found that my rear tail light wire was hanging loose and rattling against the muffler. Ever since we taped it with electrical tape I don't hear anymore noise. Thank goodness, because it was driving me nuts!
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    jupinbean,
    We're sorry to hear that the pinging noise has returned. If you want for us to check into anything further with you and your dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service