Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Favorite Color

tibtuscanitibtuscani Member Posts: 46
edited April 2014 in Hyundai
What's your favorite color for the azera?
My favorite is the Silver because it has a bluish tint to the silver looks really sexy.

Comments

• joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Black on black :)
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    If Ed McMahon had just driven up with an armored car full of cash for me, then I could hire a man-servant to care for my car. That being the case, I'd go for black/beige or the dark blue/beige, since I think they are really STUNNING, right after they've been washed. Unfortunately, that condition lasts about 15 minutes, after which they show every damned speck of dust, pollen, bird deposits, etc. We've had our (dare I say it?..AVALON) for 11 years, and it is what we deem the most practical color of all for not showing the dirt right away, but after having had beige for 11 years, we wouldn't have felt like we had a new car if we had duplicated the color. Therefore, we opted for Sage Green with beige leather, and we think it's just beautiful!
  • azera_06azera_06 Member Posts: 15
    Powder white pearl, what a beaut :)
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    I just bought an Azera tonight and had a hard time deciding between Sage Green and Steel Grey both with black leather interior. I had only seen one sage green on any of the car lots we'd been to and it wasn't the cleanest but had seen many of the steel gray which picked up a pinky purple cast in the sun. I asked the dealer to clean up the green and bring it inside and that clearly made up mind. It is beautiful...sage green for sure.
  • bsparks294bsparks294 Member Posts: 23
    I really like the beige color. It pops out a little more than the typical Toyota color. It is strange how experience taints our perception. I have owned too many white cars and presently have a white Toyota T-100, so that color does not interest me in the least. Pretty, but not for me.

Brad
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    I have sage green with beige interior. It looks great.
    I had custom painted pin stripes applied which makes the color pop.
  • jnd17jnd17 Member Posts: 62
    I have a Black with Beige Interior. No Logo Grill, Tinted Windows and No Badges. I am awaiting my New Custom Chromed Wheels which will be delivered tomorrow. It is like Christmas for me. I can't wait to see and mount the new rims on my car. I am a detailing nut so black doesn't bother me at all. Love this Car!
  • plwilliamsplwilliams Member Posts: 96
    Did you remove the "H" and the "Azera" from the trunk? :confuse: Would love to see how that looks. Did you replace the "H" with another piece :confuse:
  • philapaphilapa Member Posts: 25
    I just bought a 2006 Limited with the Ultimate package, same color as yours with sage green and beige interior.

Just curious what color is your pin stripes?

Thanks, :shades:
  • hankhonesthankhonest Member Posts: 7
    Just picked up my new '07 from dealer. The Steel gray with the black leather and gray cross-stitch interior is just da' bomb. Very elegant and understated. The black interior comes with a beige top half and sedan posts so the vehicle seems taller on the inside. The wood trim comes in a lighter shade than in beige or gray.
    I have ordered my badgeless grill, replacement "Ixion" rear shield and the "S 380" nameplate to replace the rear Hyundai badging.
    Cheers, :shades: Hank
    Were you able to get the color matched grille? From where?
    Yesterday I ordered the color matched grille (steel gray G6) from Dreamka4u - $110 delivered from Korea.

I remember reading some instructions on how to remove and replace the grille. Does anyone remember the message number?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    If you remember which discussion, you can go there and use the Search This Discussion feature on the page bar. If you're not sure which one, go to the main Azera board and search from there. That will search all the discussions on the board.
    Thanks Pat, I was able to find it. The change out sounds a little intimidating, as it did when I first read jim101's description. I wonder what my dealer would charge to do it :confuse: :confuse:
    Heh, I know the feeling - glad you found it.
    Bob,
    Go to Dreamka4u.com

They ship from Korea and seem very professional and respond promptly to emails.

They have lots, but not all the Azera (Grandeur for the rest of the world) goodies.
    I am considering the Azera hood ornament but I think it might be a bit too ostentatious for the US market. I have seen them on the Korean issued domestic Azeras.

Good luck,
    Hankhonest :blush:
    I have tried Dreamka4u.com, but seeem not to have the sage green available. Thanks!
    Ask them to quote for the sage green and mention the color number.

I asked for the steel gray and they got back to me in two days. I received mine this week and the color matched perfectly. In fact, the packaging is real Hyundai part.

Getting the grill on required taking 6 plastic screws off and 7 metal screws off and then reverse the process. Car looks smart and edgy without the "flying h". :)
    Cheers,
    Hank
    One color is a tan, similar to interior, the other is a darker almost gold cast. I will attempt to take and post some pictures.
    The color combo looks great. I orderd my car months before it's introduction and had to wait an extra 7 weeks until the color came in. I'm glad that I waited. I have debadged the rear ( Takes 5 minutes) which makes it look classier.
    RE: post 19
    I did, just as you advised, but received no response.
    Has anyone else been able to find this combo?
    Hank, do you have any tips for the removal and reinstall of the grille? My steel grey grille should be arriving any day and I can't wait to make the mod :shades:
  • richdagrichdag Member Posts: 37
    Does anyone have the color Steel Gray? looking at a picture of it, it kind of looks like it has a blueish tint to it. don't it?
  • pahefner01pahefner01 Member Posts: 202
    I have a steel gray 06 Azera Limited with the Ultimate Package. Gray Leather Interior. It doesn't have a bluish tint in the color. I have noticed it can sometimes pick up other hues from the skies and light but normally it's not blue that it picks up but just a little bit of rose tint. Not being a color expert I don't know if that is because of the blue sky mixing with the gray. I don't notice it very often.
    At the time that I ordered my Sage Green Azera the model had not been introduced at the dealerships. I saw it at the Miami auto show. It was displayed on a platform under bright spotlights. The color appeared to be a medium silver green, being more to the green side. I was amazed when my car was delivered that the color is actually gray with a green cast. In bright sunlight it appears green, but at other times it is gray.
    I have become used to the color, but was initially disappointed.
  • ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233
    I went with Ebony exterior and black leather interior myself. I liked the Venetian Blue but availability with the specific features I wanted (Limited/Ultimate, etc) was difficult.

It's strange, really - they tout "Power White Pearl" as the premium color, but I swear when you look at two vehicles side-by-side on the dealer lot, I really don't like the white one (just one man's opinion...). I think it looks smaller for some reason, not sure why, but the wife agrees that it just isn't a "good" color. We both agree that the Silver models used a lot in the advertising also look pretty spiffy... (yeah, insert your favorite word)
  • georgetoogeorgetoo Member Posts: 10
    Would someone please post the number of the thread on debadging?
    Best bet is to go to the group level use the search function. ;)
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    I've always lusted after the aubergine (eggplant purple) with gold innards, but that exterior color was discontinued for '08. My wife says its unpopularity should prove to me that I shouldn't have wanted it, but still I persist.

Now, I'd say it's a near-tie between black, dark blue and pearl white, although my current black sedan tells me the gentleman was right to say that the dark colors get dirty in 15 minutes. But what a 15 minutes it is... :D
  • kenincalifkenincalif Member Posts: 1
    I love my aubergine for 2007. First, folks ask me what kind of car I have then they ask me what color it is. I say black at night and purple during the day, and somewhere in between at sunrise and at sunset.

I am glad it is unpopular. No one else has one.
  • aqslyaqsly Member Posts: 3
    I have the steel gray with black interior. On some Korea websites the color is describe as pearl gray which i actually think is more accurate. The color code is G6.
  • cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    the dark colors get dirty in 15 minutes. But what a 15 minutes it is..
    Ain't it the truth. Click the link below to access a Venetain Blue Azera.

http://www.carspace.com/cobrazera/Albums/cobrazera%27s%20Album/IMG_0621.jpg/page- /photo.html#pic
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    My '06 Aubergine Limited will be a collector's item 20-some years from now!... :shades:
  • stan28stan28 Member Posts: 14
    I have the Aubergine also. It was sitting on the showroom floor and I thought I
    was buying a black car and didn't see the real color til they rolled it outside.
    I like it. It's very subtle, not too loud. I was planning a pinstripe for black but
    I don't know what kind of pinstripe goes with Augergine, probably none.
  • charlesbcharlesb Member Posts: 43
    I really loved the aubergine color (didn't care for the beige interior mandated) and was disappointed to see at the San Jose Auto Show that it wasn't in the offing for 2008. 'Tis a shame, I really thought it was a classy color (very Mercedes) on a classy car. I guess not too many people agreed. RIP aubergine in that little patch of car heaven reserved for eggplant.
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    Sweeeeeet.

Where'd ya get the wheels?
    Thanks. :) The wheels are Zinik Z7 Adrian in 17". They are very lightweight and were purchased from Tire Rack. The original Michelins are on the Ziniks, and I have winter tires on the stock wheels.
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    Re. 37: Nice job, my compliments.

I had the original factory wheels chromed and replaced Hyundai, left side of trunk lid with S380 leaving Limited on right side. Either way, people still have no clue what the car is.

If you find a souce for the stainless steel mesh grill, please share.

Thanks for posting your photos.
    Thank you. The link in post 32 will get you to all my pics, which also include the recently installed stainless mesh grille, in Venetian Blue, from Seoulful Racing ( kdmstuff.com ).
    All the Hyundai badges on the rear have been removed, in favor of the S380 as on yours ( replacing the " Limited ", though ) and the " TG " replacing the large " H " on the upper deck lid.
    BTW, what color is your Azera?
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    Re. 40 BTW, what color is your Azera?

Black / black. Thanks for posting the link to your grill.
  • medic481medic481 Member Posts: 32
    I got my new '07 Azera as an end of year sale, had to settle for dealer's stock. I kind of wanted the sage gree & beige, but they did not have one with the features I liked ( why are they still shipping cars with cassette decks??). I settled for the Venetian blue / beige, Which I also liked. From the side, it looks like a much pricier Mercedes, and has even fooled a few friends.
  • dwengier77dwengier77 Member Posts: 30
    just picked up the color of chose for me red w/ biege interior. i love the red, it is a nice deep red that has dpth to it. SNAZZZY
    I have always liked red with beige. My Azera is blue with gray, which is OK, but I'll bet your red one is stunning.
    I just had a couple VW dealers searching for a red with beige Passat wagon and they found 2 in the entire US. They stated that color combo is popular in Europe, but not over here. Huh?
    I really wasn't looking to buy an Azera. I originally was looking at the 07 Sonata ltd. fully loaded. However when i took my wife to check out the car she also asked our salesman to show us an Azera. It was red with biege interior. Wifey and i fell hard for it. So i went home to do some searching on the net. I found an online qoute for $24,500. The Sonata iwas looking at had a price of almost $20,000. For about $5,500 more i got an 08 Azera fully loaded limited w/ ultimate package Awsome looking red w/ biege interior. I am super excited. Almost makes up for the loss of my mustang.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    ref: 45
    what was the msrp of your 24500 cost azera? i can't get below 25k on a similar red/beige azera with 05 ultimate pkg and mats (CF)...
    sticker proce for the car $32,600
    i got it for $ 27,445
    - 2,000 rebate
    _____________-
    total paid $ 25,445
    TT@T =$27,900 OTD
    icluded ultimate pkg, mats,gold pinstripe added by dealer, and oil changes for a year !
    This was negotiated over the phone , i had a really good experience.
    if you want to knw more just email me
    dwengier77@hotmail.com
  • kd44kd44 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide the dealer information about this purchase because I believe this is a good deal.

Thanks in advance.
    kalpesh44@yahoo.com
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF: 47
    IMO, that deal is not possible unless you got raped on your trade-in. $7000 off factory MSRP - i don't think so. Look at fitzmall dot com - they are the cheapest in the nation and you can't get that deal over there. Now, 5500 off factory msrp is possible with the existing 2500 hyundai rebate but that's about the best we can hope for right now. Remember, I am referring to factory MSRP; not inflated dealer sticker price. Enjoy your new ride!
    i used the fitzmall price to shop around. The closest fitzmall is in tampa. I live in Miami, i called fitzmall and got the otd price before i went with Coconut Creek auto mall. When i quoted the OTD price to Charlton @ cocnut creek he laughed and asked what color i wanted. He beat fitzmall by $100and threw in a year of oil changes for free. Now this was good for me becuase i saved a lot of money on Gas if i had to go to tampa. As Soon as i got the otd price from Coconut creek ( on the phone) I put a down payment with my cc right then on the phone, got the vin and odometer miliage. schedualeda time to go and pick it up. I set up financing with my bank, and sold my car privatly. So when i got the dealer i was met by the salesman with my keys and my car was detailed and ready to go. I test drove it got back to the dealership signed the papers and gave them two checks, one from my bank and a personel check for the down payment. No issues or problems. I set up the whole deal from my house, on the phone. The otd price they qouted me is what i got becuase i did not allow them the oppertunity to rape me.
    Pegasus17,
    Fitzmall.com is good. I was trying to come as close as possible to the price from a dealer close to me. If i had to go to Tampa to fitzmall , the gas there and back as well as other travelling cost would have been around $300. So in reality i saved a good $400 with Coconut Creek auto mall. By the way i had 6 miles on my odom. when i put the down payment. When i picked it up it had 6 miles on the odom. That was a good two weeks later.
  • ladylindakladylindak Member Posts: 8
    MY FAVORITE COLOR IS THE GOLD -

I had no intention of buying a new car 9 months ago (July). I took my wonderful cherry red 1999 Hyundai Tiburon in for service ....... and saw the 2008 Azera. Needless to say - a salesman made a bee-line to me - and I stated - forget it - I just dropped my Tib off for service - NOT looking for a new car! When I went back to pick up my Tib - I had some wait time ...... and started admiring the Azera again. Same bee-line - same salesman .... again I said NO WAY. Long story short - I ended up going back to just check out the numbers. Keep in mind - I loved my Tib - so I didn't have to have a car and they knew it (they wanted it as a trade in - in the worst way - it looks brand new). Anyway - I live in northern VA - close to Washington, DC and everything is higher here. The car is a 2008 ULTIMATE PACKAGE with the NAVIGATOR. It is GOLD (a 2009 color) with beige leather seats. It came with the floor mats, and a trunk cargo container. It has a sun roof and all the bells and whistles. The only thing it did not come with was blue tooth - and I didn't care about that.

The list price was about 32,000.00 (+). We negotiated and this is what we got:

The wheels traded UP - to BEAUTIFUL chrome wheels.
    Lifetime replacement tires (only from wear - not from damage)
    First oil change and first inspection free
    2 Hyundai sports shirts (the kind the salesman wear) since they wouldn't give us the ones off their backs (lol).

Price WITH Title, Taxes and Tags - and all other Fees = $28,000.00

Love the car! AND I STILL HAVE MY BELOVED RED TIBURON....
This discussion has been closed.