Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki SX4 Prices Paid

Comments

• advequityguyadvequityguy Member Posts: 138
    I've been in the car business a long time. I've never had anything to do with Suzukis, but I do come into contact with them on a pretty regular basis when people try to trade them in. Yesterday, I had yet another one... Every customer that trys to trade a Suzuki in is exactly the same, every time. A 2 year old Sukuki with a payoff equivalent to the selling price of a new one, with a trade value of about $4000-$5000 (if that), no money down, wanting to keep their payments the same (or less).

Please, for the love of all things holy. If you feel you must own a Suzuki, keep your darn Suzuki. It's your mess. You clean it up.

This has been a public service announcement. Thank you.
  • rg11782rg11782 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for the information about your purchase of the touring II automatic for 17K + tax and licence. You saved me hundreds of $. LI NY is a tough place to purchase a new car. To make a long story short I went to a dealer in Riverhead NY with a copy of your sale and said that I am looking for the same deal as you. They agonized for a long long time and tried very hard to get 17,500 which is still below invoice. I wouldnt give in and was ready to walk. I finally got 17K + tax/licence (OTD=18,700) as tax in NY is 8.6%. Thanks again
  • perry99perry99 Member Posts: 43
    I test drove an SX4 at Seattle Suzuki in Shoreline, WA last weekend. We went there because it was the closest, but found it to be rather odd: a smallish lot, with no actual buildings, just a few trailers as the offices. Are they new? Will they eventually have a real building? I am leaning towards buying an SX4, but am hesistant to go through them. (For example, where would servicing be done?) Any info about Seattle Suzuki would be appreciated, as well as any comments/suggestions re: other Seattle-area dealerships.
    Tenderfoot, where did you make this purchase?
    Prestigious Motors 840 Old Country rd. Riverhead NY,

They had a large inventory of SX4's but only one in the new Azure gray. I don't like the car in this new color. To me it looks like a giant rat. I went for the silver touring II w/auto (18777 otd). I hope this was a good deal.
    > Price for 2008 SX4 Touring II AWD:
    > MSRP was 18,595
    > Dealer Inv was 17,911

Did you get the invoice price from the dealer? Neither Edmunds nor KBB has the invoice pricing for the 2008 SX4 Crossover yet.

> Bought a 2008 SX4 w/ Touring II Pkg AWD. I have no idea why > they call it the II as there never was a Touring I.

I looked at the SX4 Sport sedan, and it looks like it has an option called just "Touring," so maybe the "Touring II" on the SX4 Crossover is the second after the "Touring I" on the SX4 Sport sedan.
    I never mentioned "invoice price" and neither did the dealer. I went in with a print-out of some one elses deal of $17,000 + tax and licence and I indicated that I was looking for this same price, which I finally got. Everyone gets free oil changes from this dealer but not me at this price. But I think I did good at $18,733 otd for the silver touring II auto. The car is awesome. Better than I could imagine. A real bargain.
    I was asking "tenderfoot" (the quotes are from his/her post), since tenderfoot mentioned a specific invoice price, and I was wondering where he/she got it.
  • scotty2hottyscotty2hotty Member Posts: 1
    Hey this post just caught my eye. I actually work at Everett Suzuki at Dwayne Lane's in Everett where Everett Mall Way touches Evergreen Way. We ain't a dirt lot, we have a big building. (We're actually a pretty new dealership.) I haven't been fond of Seattle Suzuki, myself. But yeah, I just wanted to let you know that there are other Suzuki dealerships in Washington. Not many, but we're out there! :)
    Speaking of Dwayne Lane's in Everett, I went to try to buy an SX4 today (2008 SX4 Crossover w/Touring II). They offered invoice, which was okay (but not as good as another dealer offer I had), but they wouldn't give me a good price on my trade-in. We did the silly back-and-forth between the sales manager and the faceless guy somewhere in the back room (the usual good-cop, bad-cop routine, just like an episode of "Deal, No Deal"). After I showed them the Kelly Blue Book trade-in quote which matched what I wanted, they came back and said they use nadaguides which had a lower trade-in quote than Kelly Blue Book, but then proceeded to only offer me $1,000 _under_ what nadaguides said. Even with my lowest offer for my trade-in, I know they could have easily made at least $2,000 profit on a re-sale (my trade-in was a late model popular car that even has some original warranty left on it). But they wouldn't budge, so I walked out. When I went home, I only then realized that the nadaguides printout didn't even reflect all the extras on my car. So not only did they not honor the nadaguide price they at first said they used, they also were not honest in the printout they showed me. I know they're out to make a buck, but it's unfortunate that they took the usual dealer games to that level of dishonesty.
    Seattle area. Got the 2008 SX4 Crossover w/Touring II, automatic, & the arm-rest accessory for $17,629 + tax. That's vs. $17,876 invoice ($17,251 + $625 destination) + $129 retail for arm rest, so I think I got a good deal.
  • crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    That sounds like a good deal. I've been researching the SX4 for a couple of months now. How is the back seat room? I'm thinking of test driving the SX4 for use as a daily commuter but carpool with 2 other guys. Both are about 6'2" and 200 lbs. Will it be an agonizing commute?

Also I'm curious about the armrest. Is it a storage armrest? Please keep posting your comments here.

Thanks,
    Rob
    This is the "prices paid/buying experience" forum, so I'll post my reply to your questions in the 2008 SX4 Crossover forum.
  • rustygatesrustygates Member Posts: 1
    Went to my dealer (I have a sx4 Sport on order) and he informed me of the new rebate. When I got home, I verified on the Suzuki website. It applies to ALL sx4 types and years. Made my day! There is also $500 rebates for military service, recent graduate, repeat buyer.
  • caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    Desimone Suzuki runs classified ads stating they'd "like to buy your car." I needed to sell an extra car (not a Suzuki), a very low mileage 2004 import in MINT condition, so I visited Desimone Suzuki and spoke with the manger, who told me he had the authority to negotiate a price. After he carefully inspected my car and test drove it, we agreed on a price and a deal was made, so I thought. Then it needed to be inspected on a"lift" which couldn't happen until day #2 because all the "lifts" were tied up for the balance of the day. On day #2 he couldn't schedule a time when the lifts weren't busy, obviously Suzuki's require lots of "lift" time, so we agreed to consummate the deal on day #3. I called him at 9:15AM on day #3 and he told me that in addition to the "lift" inspection, the owner needed to sign off on all transactions and he'd call me when the owner arrived. I asked him, "will this happen today?" and he replied "absolutely." I called again at 12:30PM and the owner still hadn't arrived but to wait for his call, which I did - no call. On day #4 I phoned him at 10:00AM and he told me that he was with a customer and he'd call me back in 10 minutes. On Day #5, at 8:45AM I phoned the owner to explain the sequence of events, and he also gave me the run-around, bordering on rude - apparently company policy. By noon on day #5 I sold the car to another dealer and had the check in my hand.

Bottom line is avoid Desimone Suzuki. Watching their cable ads, their business model is to sell cars to people with poor credit who shop payments. There are plenty of excellent cars in that price range and certainly better dealers. Buy a Honda, a Toyota or a Nissan where the the manufacturer is very concerned with the how their dealers treat customers.
  • stanwictstanwict Member Posts: 60
    As of December 5th, 2007 Suzuki's website lists $500 Factory cash and $500 Holiday cash for my zip code. Does anyone know if this can be combined for $1000 and if just one or both are lieu of the low APR deals?

Thx.
  • tomt223tomt223 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an 08 over the weekend in Houston and got the $1000 rebate. Was not expecting it so it was like icing on the cake.
    Talisman Suzuki was where I purchased it from.
  • lukedionlukedion Member Posts: 1
    New 2008 SX4 Crossover w/touring package, manual trans. Car stickered @ $17,400.00. Bombarded every Suzuki dealer in the area till I got what I wanted....Utilizing $1,000.00 factory cash back, plus another $500.00 factory coupon from Boston autoshow and some serious negotiations, walked out of dealer (less reg. & taxes) for $15,049.00! Stole it, for sure. I would suggest finding a Suzuki dealer that is new and trying to establish themselves as the dealer I went to was. No other dealer wanted to touch his price as this dealer got into his holdback dollars just to sell me a car.
  • brianmabrianma Member Posts: 17
    Our Allroad is getting up there in miles, so we went shopping for something more economical and still AWD for the heavy snows of winter in central MA. I had seen the SX4 at the Boston Autoshow and thought it was pretty well equipped for the money. The only two items it was missing were height adjustable seats and heated seats that I thought may be a deal breaker for my wife given the Audi has them. Once she sat in the car she loved it. With the $1000 price break and the $500 autoshow cash, it didn't take too long to get to a deal. We got an SX4 AWD Automatic with Touring Package in Azure Grey plus added the cargo net, self dimming mirror, center armrest and rear bumper protector/step guard. Out the door price was $17,300 plus MA 5% sales tax. We've been driving it around all day and love it. The visibilty is great to see over the snow piles on the road corners. We had two of our teen daughters in the back for a lunch run and they had plenty of room, even with 6'5" me having the seat back all the way. My wife is 5'1", so it says a lot when a car fits both of us well. Of other vehicles shopped - the Subaru Outback LL Bean wagon (cloth seat version without sunroof) was $10K more and didn't have some of the features the SX4 has. It had Nav and heated seats, but lacked steering wheel radio controls, subwoofer, switchable AWD modes, keyless start, and had really poor rear seat legroom with me in front. The Audi A4 Avant was $34K to even come close to the same feature set as the SX4.
  • spidey2spidey2 Member Posts: 2
    You have to create 6 playlists entitled clarion1, clarion2, ... clarion6 (no capital letters). Clarion1 will be the Alphabetical By Artists. The rest can be what you want.
  • spidey2spidey2 Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2007 SX4 manual Sport with 12K miles on it -- owner traded it in for 2008 automatic. It has the basic 2008 convenience package, with addition of wide body moldings, spoiler, leather shift boot, carbon fiber shift knob, center arm rest, ipod integration, -- $14,800. I added all-weather mats in front and cargo space, and cargo net. Had I bought new, would not have gone with the red color, but could not love this car more! It is a little sure-footed tank in snow and ice.

Also looked at the 2008 Impreza ($18,400) but it didn't feel like I was getting $3600 more car. And the Mazda3 didn't have the AWD standard.
  • sx4dudesx4dude Member Posts: 1
    I paid $16787.32 after tax, title, and fees. Financed for 60 months at 0%. Payments are $278 a month!
  • paimonpaimon Member Posts: 3
    Dear SX4 owners:

I'm considering the SX4 Sport, but it's hard to find the sedan with MT and Touring package. Did any of you order a certain configuration? Also, has anybody here purchased SWT accessories? There are several I like (upgraded shifter, drilled pedals, etc.) but I don't know about installation and/or warranty.

How is acceleration for MT?

Any major reliability issues?

Thanks for the info.
  • lakebearohlakebearoh Member Posts: 1
    Sticker was 18,595 before I added the Wide body side mouldings and Center Armrest. They still sold it to me for 17,500 and I had the 500 coupon from the Autoshow in Cleveland. Took the 0% financing for 5 years (why not use their money) and my payment is under $300 a month :)
    Ganley Suzuki in Lakewood, OH ask for Laurie she was Great to work with.
  • Including tax, title and tax, I paid $17000. That included the $750 rebate, which I chose rather than the 0% plus free summer gas.
  • stoner56stoner56 Member Posts: 3
    0% ?? check on suzukiauto.com, it requests your zip code which will confirm 0% or not. Might be worth driving to closest area that offers. 0% over 4-5 years can save $1000's. I just bought 2) SX4's in DFW(dallas Fortworth area ) both at 0% 60 months. Living on Suzuki money!! while mine earns interest!
  • stoner56stoner56 Member Posts: 3
    bought 2 sx4's
    in Dallas -sx4 sport Convenienc package, fwd, auto. MSRP $17,085. paid $16,300 + TTL. got 0% 60 month deal.

in Arlington- sx4 Crossover Convenience package fwd, auto. MSRP $17,345. paid $16,715 + ttl. got same 0% 60 mth deal.
    very satisfied.
  • Not bad. But for less money than what you paid (removing ttl fees from my earlier post), I got a Crossover AWD with Touring II manual (all other possible options like keyless go and stability control). Whereas you saved $600 - 700, with the rebate (not available with the 0% financing), I got mine for about $1500 off list. You will of course be able to keep your money and earn interest on it over time, but by taking the rebate I got an instant $750 in the bank. FWD models actually offer a $1000 rebate. That's a chunk of change that can also earn interest over five years.

However, if you can't pay cash, the 0% is definitely the way to go. And even though CD and other savings account rates suck now, if you could put the whole loan amount in a five year CD, you would make as much as $2K to $3K in interest over the life of the loan if you shopped around.
  • joeforjobjoeforjob Member Posts: 37
    Hi,

I am looking a new SX4 Crossover, Auto, Touring package. How much is the best price so far? Any idea, please let me know.

Thank you for your help in advance.
  • lamronh49lamronh49 Member Posts: 86
    A well run professional dealership will treat all customers well.
    It shouldn't matter that the car was purchased elsewhere.

One of the big reasons the formerly Big3 are in deep doo doo is that dealers got complacent and the corporate "leadership" did nothing about customer service.

It's the sign of a weak organization with poor management from top to bottom if people are treated rudely, consistently.

I would contact corporate and complain about the repeated rudeness at that dealership.

Back to the OP: In March 2008 I was quoted $14,750 +/- for an 08 SX4 sedan automatic with the convenience package. Don't know what sticker was, probably 17+. 2009 model is at $17,650 for similar equipment.
  • mach_sixmach_six Member Posts: 7
    I was at Wayne Suzuki in NJ tonite and I offered $17000 for that out the door. I find their "documentation fee" not negotiable to be total BS in NJ. They had a class action lawsuit against their fixed fee not too long ago, I guess they don't change the the dealer doc fee but that's another story.

I asked them to include the $1000 rebate cause I will pay with cash.

Car was $17100 + $1800 (Tax, title, documentation, and BS fees) - $1000 rebate.

Is my price too low, I don't know what the cost and invoice is but I know there's room to play but want to know. There's still 2 dealerships around me and I rather be more realistic than outrageous.

Thanks,
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    A 08 18000 msrp sx4 awd auto with average miles has a used trade in value of about $11000. This is what an 09 like it will be worth in 12 months. (kbb.com)

Yours seems like a bit heavier optioned model, but its doubtful it has a trade in of much more than 12000 or so in a year. A $16300 (assuming about 1600 of that fees deal is tax,and title)deal is ok I guess, Something in the high 14's low 15's would be much better. Suziki is a bit weird as they have few dealerships and low production. As you can see with your deal they aren't exactly giving the vehicle away . But if you let all the dealers last week of the month know you are shopping you may see some action the last few days. You don't know their true cost and the only way to do it is get them at a possible crunch time, end of the month.

Good luck
    --jjf

was at Wayne Suzuki in NJ tonite and I offered $17000 for that out the door. I find their "documentation fee" not negotiable to be total BS in NJ. They had a class action lawsuit against their fixed fee not too long ago, I guess they don't change the the dealer doc fee but that's another story.

I asked them to include the $1000 rebate cause I will pay with cash.

Car was $17100 + $1800 (Tax, title, documentation, and BS fees) - $1000 rebate.

Is my price too low, I don't know what the cost and invoice is but I know there's room to play but want to know. There's still 2 dealerships around me and I rather be more realistic than outrageous.

Thanks,
  • r129r129 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a new 2008 SX4 Sport Road Trip Edition (navigation) with Convenience Package and manual transmission. MSRP incl. destination and floor mats was $16,8XX. I paid $11,8XX ($5000 off MSRP) and got 0% financing.

With $0 out of pocket, my payment is $216/mo for 60 months, total amount financed with 8.75% sales tax and registration was right around $13,000. There's no pre-payment penalty, so I'll probably pay it off before the 60 months, but since I'm renovating a house, I'd rather hold onto as much cash as possible in case of the unexpected disaster.

Dealers around here seem to still have quite a few 2008 models, not sure about everywhere else. I wish I had the armrests and folding rear seat that comes on 2009 models, but this deal made it worth the sacrifice.
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    I tried a clay bar for my first time ever, and I must say it's a great product. It gives the paint a really deep shine and the finish is as smooth as glass. I would suggest others try it for your cars. You won't be disappointed. Also I applied some tasteful thin chrome pin striping to the ridge along the side and to the outer edge of the taillights. If I say so myself, it adds a nice touch. When I went in to get an oil change, the dealer was so impressed, he decided he would do this to a couple of new SX4s on his lot. Try it, you'll like it. ( I just posted this little tidbit to try and get this site going again. It seems to be going dry!)
  • pricebropricebro Member Posts: 9
    I know maybe in N.A, Suzuki is not well known as a car manufacturer. But in Asia, in Japan, for the small car market, they are the top leading company.

I am in Canada looking into buying a smaller but good car for my wife. We went to the local Suzuki Dealer today testdrove the SX4 crossover (hatchback) base model. I am very surprised to say, it is a car with nice look (european style), and very good performance. Though it is the first one we tried in our list inlcuding, Nissan Versa, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Subaru Impreza, Mazda3, etc, this car really shines to me and my wife. The direct result is making the Versa testdriven in Nissan Dealer mediocre. Versa has a nice-look, and very popular in the market. But the power 1.8 vs SX4's 2.0 seems to huge difference when we pedaled up and climbed on the bridge. The interrnal cloth looks cheap on Versa. The backseat can only be folded down on Versa instead of flipped over like SX-4, this makes the a lot of "neat space" in the back of SX-4. I know it's maybe a different comparison as I shall compare SX-4 with Sentra. But it was just a big surprise to me that Suzuki although not so dominant here in the market really presented a nice car. I checked the ratings and reviews oin the internet and found out it was comparatively high in the same range of the cars.

Right now, there is a rebate of 1400 CAD on it until Mar 31. And dealer is adding about 900 CAD for PDI and admin fees. I guess if I wanted to try, I probably could get better deal than that as probably manufacturer has some other incentives for the dealer. But I just don't wanna make any decision before I finished my research and testdrives on every other car in my list.

My questions are here:

1. Owner of previous year's SX-4, any advice or experience to share? It looks at least owners who owned the car within last 2 years are pretty happy with it.

2. Anyone recently bought a SX-4 in Canada? :) what's the best rate you got? If anyone knows the wholesale price (invoice price), can you please let me know?

3. I know it's a small car, how is the safety data like posted by the authorized official testing organizations?

Thank you! :D
  • I bought mine a year ago, and have not been back to the dealer since. Mine has all options (Touring II) and nothing has broke. I has good safety ratings. You can get higher MPG with some others, but I doubt you get higher satisfaction than with this car. Oh, and there is more room to deal, because it is Suzuki and not a big seller in North America.
  • kosherkosher Member Posts: 3
    I own the '07 SX4 with the sport package. I love the car. At the time I purchased it, the new sedan model was not available yet. The car has exceeded my expectations in every way except for one: gas mileage. I average around 22-23 MPG, which I feel is on the low side for a car this size. This point is emphasized whenever I see an ad from Suzuki comparing it to the Honda Fit or Mini Cooper, which both average about 10 more MPG. Although I am disappointed with the MPG, I accept it as a compromise since no other car on the market comes close to packing in as many features for the price, most important to me being AWD, ESC, and Traction Control. I can fit the whole world in this little car when I fold the seats down and the safety features are well worth the sub-par gas mileage. I live on the east coast and the car has been great in snow and ice storms. Couldn't be happier.
  • I have never gotten less than 27 mpg overall, though I find that disappointing as well. In warm weather, I usually hit 30 mpg.
    I agree with the others. I have the SX4 Sport. I love it. It is very quiet in the cabin even at high speeds. The ride is very supple. Nice blend of ride and handling compromise. If I could keep my speed to 65 or 70 mph I can average 27-28 mpg, Bit I just can't seem to drive that slow, at 80-85 mph I get about 24 mpg. But for the comfort and good looks, I wont complain.
  • I haven't driven the Sport, but I can tell you that the Crossover is anything but quiet in the cabin at highway speeds. It is tight, rattle-free and very little wind noise, but quiet it is not.
    If you don't have much wind noise, I assume you are speaking of road noise. The sedan has very little tire and road noise. I have Dunlop tires. I wonder if that could be the cause of your noise. It would seem the crossover and sedans have about the same insulation. The engine is a little loud at speed, but not bad, about what I would expect from a four banger.
  • kmaxine04kmaxine04 Member Posts: 18
    I have an 07 SX4 crossover, base model the conv. package/sport pack wasnt avail. when i got my car (sept 06) I live in WV I have about 41,000 miles now and the engine is A LOT louder then when I first purchased it. There is way to much car for such a small engine almost 4000 puunds on a 4 cly. I am also having issues with my transmission, it slips alot now. If you haven't had any problems with yours yet be prepared.. more miles the more issues..hopefully the 08-09 models have the kinks out of them. My sensors are messing up, i had to have the AC replaced (one day My floor just started flooding haha) where the front bumper conects with the finder It comes apart about a 2 in gap same with the back. Has anyone had problems with the doors? my back door panel falls off and they are warped up but i cant seem to get my dealership to get them replaced.. i went in at 3000 miles about it and several time.. they claim i have taken my doors off.. not true one fell off but ihavent taken any off haha well thats off the subject of noise.. :P
    I think i might have got a :lemon:
    one other thing i agree your tires might have something to do with louder road noise.. the stock tires lasted about 15000 miles so i went to Sams and bought goodyear i belive i have about 25000 on them still brand new, and saved me about 250.00 when i got all 4.. might want to change up the tires
  • Part of it is the engine noise. You can buy any number of 4 cylinders today where you don't hear the engine when cruising between 50-60 mph. In the SX4, that sound is always there unttil you get to 65 or so and the road noise drowns it out.
  • Yoyu got a lemon. Sorry. BTW, the engine at 143 hp and 2 liters is way more than adequate for a 2800 lb car (if yours weighs 4,000, you are hauling too much stuff around).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Yeah... don't confuse curb weight with GVWR..

GVWR isn't what your car weighs...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• irvlirvl Member Posts: 2
    This may have been covered in another post - but here it is anyway.
    I have a 4 lease in Quebec that's up in a couple of days with Cite Nissan in Montreal and I was planning on exercising the buyback. The dealer wants to charge me an additional $399 for "admin fees". Except for a charge of $100, there is not mention anywhere in my lease contract of this amount.
    Is this standard, worth fighting, etc.
    Thnx.
    Irvl
  • jbrew7jbrew7 Member Posts: 17
    I have a 07 Suzuki SX4 Sport with only 22,000 miles on it and I'm currently having starter issues. It seems a bit too soon to have starting issues. The battery turns on, but all I ever here is click, click, click. Anyone else having these problems? Is this under warranty?
    If all you hear is a clicking noise, it sure sounds like the battery to me. I had a Verona before my SX4 and the batteries last about 22 months. I had it for almost 4 years and you can count on it going bad in almost exactly by the 22cnd month. My SX4 idles at about 12.7 volts, which is a little on the low side I think. Also it doesn't spin over really fast when starting (since new). I suspect it wont even last as long the Verona's.
  • joshanddijoshanddi Member Posts: 1
    2008 SX4 Sport Conv. AT MSRP $17324. I paid $14,499.63 then got another $2,500 in rebates. So that's about $11,999.63 I traded in a Nissan Titan and I'm loving this car. It's not as fun as my last three cars (350Z, Sentra SE-R SpecV, and VW GLI Turbo), but I'm a bit older now and don't need to rip around everywhere. I'm lovin' the handling though. Just like with my motorcycle riding, I enjoy quick turns over speed.
  • mick1mick1 Member Posts: 84
    2008 SX4 power accessory outlet stopped working, I don't see the fuse box under the driver's side dash as the owner's manual shows. Do I have to remove the lower dash cover to replace the fuse. Anybody else have the cell phone charger blow the fuse?