Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki SX4 Prices Paid

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Suzuki
Share your SX4 purchase experience with other CarSpace members here.

Comments

• jilllyjillly Member Posts: 1
    I bought a silver SX4 this week.
    They only had two; silver and orange -- both automatic.
    I traded in a 2002 New Beetle Turbo S, which I'd only had for a few months.
    I had a 95 sidekick for six years and it ran like an absolute champ.
    I wanted to get out of driving a stick, and I wanted something my dog could get in and out of so I was looking at the Vibe, Caliber, Matrix.. and for the money AND just as far as the styling of the car I liked the SX4 much better. I paid sticker for it and a $499 "dealer fee"? They offered me what I thought was 2K too low on my trade and I was prepared to keep shopping but they agreed to meet me halfway. I may have been able to get a better "deal" -- who knows. I'm happy though.

Plan to get my windows tinted within the next couple of weeks and I'm toying with the idea of putting in leather -- maybe not at first, but at some point.
  • reeser8reeser8 Member Posts: 33
    Metallic blue, 5-spd manual, base model. I wanted the convenience package, but oh well, I didn't want to wait months and months for the cruise control I barely use. This car was dropped off at the dealership this morning. The odometer read "5". I thought that it was a compass, reading S for South! Single digit odometer readings are a real treat.

I have to wait until tomorrow to take delivery of my baby because in California, the car needs to be smog-checked before I can take it onto public roads. In fact I only got to drive the car around the parking lot. (I had already test-driven the automatic one at a different dealership.) The dealer also has to do its own test drive by law (the car was just dropped off hours before).

I paid exacty MSRP for it -- $15,594 + fees. According to KBB, it's just $600 above invoice, which translates to 4.1% above invoice. Not bad for a car so hot (as far as supply vs. demand) that they have trouble keeping any in the lot! I expected them to insist on a dealer markup, just like any car in demand, but this really laid-back salesguy wrote down MSRP, enumerated the fees, and asked if it were OK. I demanded that they give me a free cargo net and an extra set of floor mats, but they told me I could only choose one. I chose the floor mats, worth $120.

I took advantage of the Suzuki's financing promotion for the month of September (9/1 - 10/2). I made it just under the wire! The rates were according to the credit score you have. I got into the best rates category, 1.9% over 36 months. The rest of the promotion was 0% for 24 months, and 2.9% for 48 months, etc. I didn't keep track of the longer terms' rates. I think they offered up to 72 months. Anyhow, this financing just ended today, but they have something every month, so you should ask.

I can't wait to pick it up! I will report back details soon.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    looks like I may have missed the 0% financing for 60 months deal I was going to make. I'll still ask about it and see what else I can glob on to.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• arkainzeyearkainzeye Member Posts: 473
    them interest rates you talked about i think werent in all states. I say this because i live in PA and on the corner of WV and OH. i called 3 dealers, ( one in each state) and each one said there were NO incentives or special interest rates for the SX4. i told him i read where people are getting these rates and they all said it must be a regional thing.
    that I will lobby hard for a low interest rate but I'll buy one with as high as a 6.5% interest rate and come off as rich as...as rich as...as rich as somebody really, really rich.

Hee-hee...talk about a salesman's dream.

Want to buy a 2007 Suzuki SX4 and head up to some inclement weather areas of Arizona. Like Mt.Graham, for instance. It is a site of many a bloody battle with the Apache Chiricahua Indians for control of the Cochise County area there in SE Arizona. I'm truly living in the old Wild, Wild West and I want a rig that will be able to bop through a touch of inclement weather now and a then.

Something tells me they may even offer me the 0% interest rate still. Have to find out. Need the info.

them interest rates you talked about i think werent in all states. I say this because i live in PA and on the corner of WV and OH. i called 3 dealers, ( one in each state) and each one said there were NO incentives or special interest rates for the SX4. i told him i read where people are getting these rates and they all said it must be a regional thing.

That's interesting, because the sheet detailing the interest rates is from American Suzuki Financial Services, and it says "Eligible States: All states except Arkansas and Hawaii." I have the sheet scanned in PDF if you want me to email you a copy. It was called the "2007 MY ASMC PROMOTIONAL RETAIL PROGRAM." You may need to talk to the financing department for someone with a clue as to what's going on, especially if it's a low-volume dealer. They told me that the promotion changes every month, and may not necessarily extend to every model.
    thanks for the heads up!! i will NO longer talk to the saleman about interest rates. Its lucky enough they know what brand they are selling.. lol
  • ratbert1ratbert1 Member Posts: 72
    I'd definitely like to get a copy of that pdf. Is there a way to PM you on this board? If not, I have a "junk" email address that I can post.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Do not post your e-mail address in the forums... You can click on preferences, and mark your e-mail as public, if you wish..

It will only be visible to registered members..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ratbert1ratbert1 Member Posts: 72
    awesome. I got it. Thanks! Now what the chance that we can find the same document for October? We'll be placing our order this month. Looking at Edmunds incentives and rebates shows only 4.9% for 60 months. We'd definitely like to get a lower rate for a shorter term if it's available.
  • thrylosthrylos Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a Silver automatic SX4 four weeks ago at Keystone Motors in Montgomeryville, PA for $650 under MSRP (Lehigh Valley Suzuki in Emmaus PA offers the same price.) that's bellow invoice. Got an additional free bumper to bumper warantee upgrade for 7/100. The car had $1500-MSRP accessories (all SWT trim inside & outside, roof rack, mudflaps, crossbars, chrome pipe trim, rear bumper protector - can anyone get the side moldings?) which I negotiated to $900. Plus 25% off all maintenance for a year and free loaner for every service. Really wanted the convenience package or the Sport, but that was too great of a deal to pass...
  • rjared1rjared1 Member Posts: 14
    I was offered a silver SX4 with manual trans for $600 less than MSRP but the destination charge of $595 would still be charged. The total cost of the car before taxes is $14994. plus doc fees ($140) Would this be considered a decent deal? Can't tell from these other posts if anyone paid the destination charge.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    $600 less than MSRP is very good.
    600 under msrp would be considered good at this point in time. in 6 months or less that might be another story...
  • erics6erics6 Member Posts: 684
    $600 off is a fair deal. Seems like the going out-the-door price for the SX4. Of course, the longer you wait the better the deals will get.
  • dudeboydudeboy Member Posts: 55
    My wife and I bought a Silver SX4 5 speed - base model on Sept. 30th at Gladstone Suzuki. Nicest bunch of guys we've ever dealt with for a new car. Price paid was "full sticker." If I had walked, it might have taken awhile to find another one like it - that was worth the extra $500 to me. I parked next to a new Mini Cooper at Bi-Mart, and I think my car is better looking - I'm proud of it!
    ya know, the 2007 Suzuki SX4 honestly does look better than the BMW Mini-Cooper. I really think it does. Remember, the SX4 is designed at a famous bodydesign house in Italy, which name escapes me right now. But the guy is well-known for body design excellence and I love this new SX4 body design.

I have firmly placed the Suzuki SX4 on the top of my futures list for next car. It is way up in front of any other car model as my favorite and it's barely been out a month!

BTW-full sticker on these cars is a great deal. You did fine. I can't wait to snag my SX4! :P

• solowalkersolowalker Member Posts: 118
    Can the SX4 accomodate an aftermarket armrest for my right elbow....I'm a long distance driver and the lack of a center elbow rest will move me to shop for a vehicle that has one... :(
    you can go to SuzukiAuto.com and look for accessories as you build your own SX4. On that list you will see an armrest that you can order from your dealer upon initially ordering your SX4. It's price is $129.95 and I will be ordering mine for sure.

I think $129.95 is a reasonable price and I have to have an armrest, too! It's not an option it's a necessity.

I was going to test drive that SX4 before you bought it. Dealer said yes we have it and then emailed me to say it had been sold. It will be interesting to see which Portland Suzuki dealer is the most agressive in pricing. I was impressed with the professional sales experience at Weston Suzuki. If they're aggessive in their pricing, I'll probably buy from them.

I wasn't that impressed with Gladstone Suzuki when I was looking for a Miata. They had a low mileage 91 that was outrageously priced. They didn't seem to understand how many low mileage Miata's are out there, relative to other cars. Of course they don't deal in Miata's much. I'll certainly give them a try.

I'm not sure I'd consider the SX4 better looking then the Mini, but I'd certainly prefer the reliability of Suzuki over Mini.
    I did stop at Jim Weston's on my way into town that day. I drove a blue 5 speed base model, but they were tacking on a "market adjustment." Also, they had a copper base model on the showroom floor with a boatload of added accessories for about 20K. My wife saw that same car (the copper one) in Hood River a few days after we bought ours. A fellow at work who has bought several new Suzukis over the past few years, recommends Bill Copps in Vancouver. He claims they have great deals for Oregon buyers, and have an excellent service department to boot.
    Thanks for the advice. I went the internet route at Weston's, but we didn't talk price.

I think Bill Copps dropped their Suzuki franchise. Now its part of the Vancouver Auto Group. That's part of the problem with Suzuki. A lot of the Suzuki franchises have been dropped in the past couple of years, Carr, Copps, Suburban Auto Group. Makes me a bit leary about warranty service.
  • kmaxine04kmaxine04 Member Posts: 18
    I had a little trouble out of the salesmen. I am only 20 and a girl so i wasn't treated that well at one place. when i said i was paying cash i got less respected than i did when i got there. Beckley Auto Mall (WV) wouldnt work with me neither would CHarlestons, so i ended up buying it in Logan, about a 2 hour drive from where i live. I was treated with great respect there, I got a silver auto for 15,700, full tank of gas in it, and they filled the car i drove there up too, plus if i keep up services with them i get tires for life. I've had the car a little of 2 weeks, and i love it, even though i had my heart set on the sports package. Around 1000 miles my malfunction indicator light came on so i took it to Beckley (since it was closer) and they were rude with me saying that its probably my gas cap and i would have to pay 30$ so i told them i wasnt aying it and walked out. Well i went back the next day after i talked to the dealership that sold me the car and said that i shouldnt be charged, so i talked to someone in beckley and i told them it seems to me that the gas cap is between the 2 bumpers so why isnt it covered?? and they got rude with me and i was fed up and told them i hope it blows up and walked out... well it was just my gas cap i disconnected the battery to reset everything and its good... but I WILL NEVER TAKE MY CAR TO BECKLEY AUTO MALL!! NOthing but rude, disrespectful people :mad:
    You should speak to the service manager. If you don't get satisfaction, call Suzuki USA and complain. Usually when I get to the district service rep. I get action. And trust me, you're not the only person that's had problems with warranty service. That's why it's nice to find good dealer service, even if it means driving a bit further.
    the whole warranty issue thing is what has be worried about going to suzuki again, my sister went through the same $$%%! they are real quick at the sales part of it to point out the NO hassle NO worry warranty. then when you actually need it you have to hope they are in a good mood or you wont get service. and the bad thing about buying suzuki is, there isnt a dealer on every corner like ford and chevy. so its either pray you get good service or Travel and waste your day(s). My sister had to jump through hoops to get her aerio fixed when it was related to warranty work. They Never wanted to do this. a fellow chevy tech i know said it is probably cause suzuki fights with them when paying them and or they pay them alot less to do warranty work that if you were to just pay them, there for they hope and pray you go elsewhere than waste their time and money
    I want the dealer's armrest not really because of the armrest, but because of the storage inside the armrest! I've been used to driving 6-seater American behemoths, where I was always able to stow something on the middle front seat. I'll definitely get one installed in mine soon.
  • atlvibeatlvibe Member Posts: 109
    I don't blame you being upset about being treated rude and don't justify the dealership's behavior. However, when you drive back up in a brand new car purchased out of town....what did you expect? More than likely, in your case they were ......in a very bad way.... training you not to come back.
    I've never had problems getting warranty service at a non-selling dealer. New car sale is basically no money for them. Warranty service is decent profit and regular service is the gravy train. If they treat you right, you come back for more service.
    actually warranty work is almost NO money for them. this is coming from a friend who is a tech at a chevy shop. they Hate warranty work. because it is a flat rate. if it takes longer to do the repair they dont get paid extra. and he said in every case they actually loose money over a repair where someone pays out of their pocket. this is why if you take your car to another dealer they dont want to repair it. 1)they have No loyality to you from you buying else where 2) No Profit for them (breaking even at best)
  • kmaxine04kmaxine04 Member Posts: 18
    Well I had nothing but disrespect from the first time i steeped on the lot, and mainly because i'm young and a girl... My boyfriend was with me the first time i went, the salesman just talked to him, i would ask questions and he would respond to my bf. I may be a girl but i do know about my cars... Then when i said i was paying in cash, he jsut laughed me off pretty much...then my dad went back with me to test drive it and the same salesman didnt even act like i was there... he handed the keys to my dad adn told him to take it out. It's worth going a 2 hour drive just to not put up with them.. And my indicator light is back on, so i dont believe it was the gas cap.. i dont care though if its serious, i'll let the car mess up and then they can fix it..(if something happens b4 friday i am making that trip to get the oil changed lol) :sick:
    on my suzuki in the past if that light came on it was due to a increase in emissions. In my case it stopped when i stopped buying gas from this one gas station. (bad gas) and one other time it was my gas cap also. the cap wasnt sealing well enough. In my state if your check engine light is on you caN't pass emission testing. I would take it to that closest dealer and if they refuse to look at it call suzuki and say , is this whats its like to have that 100,000 warranty? The warranty is only as good as the people servicing it..
    When you get the cause of the MIL checked, I'm interested to see if it's "P0607 Control Module Performance." That's what it was on mine, and it happened the first time I started the engine after refueling. There was also an extremely long delay in the time it took the mileage computer, and the fuel gauge to respond to the amount of fuel in the tank after filling.
  • kosherkosher Member Posts: 3
    Hello. I am about to put an order in for my SX4 Sport. I've been to four different dealers so far and nobody can give me a straight answer so hopefully somebody here can help. I selected the ski/snowboard holder as one of my options but from the looks of the picture, I will need to also add the crossbars as an additional option. Am I right on this? If I have to purchase the crossbars also, the price isn't all that different from just buying the car without it and buying a Yakima or Thule later on. It seems a bit shady that they wouldn't automatically add on the cross bars when somebody selects the snowboard holder. If I don't need to buy the crossbars then the price seems unbeatable.
    Warranty work is some money. Not big bucks, but they usually make something off it. Of course, the big bucks are dealer recommended service where they don't do much and get to charge big $$$.
    Pretty sure the cross bars have to be ordered seperately. The price of the Ski/snowboard attachment is less than the crossbars. I'd probably go with the Yakima/Thule racks. Then you can add any attachments, without the manufacture brackets for the cross bars.
  • john145john145 Member Posts: 2
    You can also go to www.armrest-autoaccessories.com and get an armrest for $95USD (shipping included for USA and Canada)
    also, I have owned two new Kia's in a row and with Kia's and the Long-Haul Warranty one doesn't have to get their maintenance done at a Kia dealer. Do any of you know if the same holds true with Suzuki and their ample Warranty?

I'm assuming that Suzuki will also allow you to get your non-Warranty maintenance work done at the repair shop of your choosing. As long as you keep your receipts as you accumulate them to show that you had the work done and at the right time intervals.

I have owned two new Kia's in a row and with Kia's and the Long-Haul Warranty one doesn't have to get their maintenance done at a Kia dealer. Do any of you know if the same holds true with Suzuki and their ample Warranty?

Under this federal statute, a manufacturer, who issues a warranty on your motor vehicle, is prohibited from requiring you to use a particular brand of air filter, oil filter, or other service or maintenance item, unless such item is provided, free of charge, under your warranty or unless the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) waives this prohibition against the manufacturer.

The rules and regulations adopted by the FTC, to govern the interpretation and enforcement of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, are set forth in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 16 - Commercial Practices, Chapter I - Federal Trade Commission, Subchapter G - Rules, Regulations, Statements and Interpretations Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, Part 700 - Interpretations Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Contained within these rules and regulations is Section 700.10
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    These kind of warranty stories are why I'd rather have a high quality car with a short warranty (eg Honda, Toyota) than a car with poorer quality but a long warranty (eg...name it!).
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    High-quality cars can be somewhat subjective, as I've owned Hondas and Toyotas, and have actually had more warranty claims with each of those brands than with other brands. The last Honda I owned had two warranty claims, and replacements, within the first 6 months. I bought a new Hyundai last year, and have not had one single glitch or warranty claim. The same can't be said with the Honda or Toyota products I've owned.

Suzuki, in some car classes, outsells Honda and Toyota in Japan. This should tell you something regarding how the Japanese perceive the quality of Japanese-built Suzukis.

As one who has worked in engineering for a manufacturer, companies who offer long warranties do so because they believe in the quality of their product. Otherwise, warranty claims would kill their profits. Thus, a long warranty generally implies quality, not the converse, as you imply.
    I have a little worry regaurding suzuki's warranty. if you go to the Grand Vitara Forum section on this site you will read about the warranty issues that many people have had with their vibration problems. and lot of them arent getting it fixed and the dealer doesnt want to do much about it. and others have bought a suzuki then the dealer NO longer sells suzuki because of hassles with suzuki. now of course this is not everyone's experience. In my area suzuki dealers are hard to find. I couldnt imagine having to drive 40-50 miles each way for a warranty related issue. I have a tracker with a suzuki engine and transmission, both have been better than i expected. i have had issues A/C fails (common for 1999) but for the most part its been a great car and a little tank in the snow and off road. in the tracker days some of the most common complaints were very cheap interior.. the dark grey plastic peels the paint off the plastic. as i said im concerned not with suzuki but the dealers that sell their product. your warranty is only as good as the dealer servicing your car. take a read on the GV forum... its a issue that many are filing a lemon law against..
  • grovercgroverc Member Posts: 34
    I just purchased an SX4. I traded two cars, so it is hard to determine the actual purchase price. I did get more than edmunds.com trade in value on both of the cars I traded. On one, I received $800 more than what edmunds.com trade in value suggested. So in short, I did pay full sticker for the SX4, but I did get good trade in numbers for the two cars I traded. I bought a Copper base with a manual.

So far, the SX4 is proving to be quite the value. Feels very sound and solid. While it does look a little nerdy to me, I was sold on the engineering, value and seemingly high quality of construction.

I bought the car from Ray Skillman Suzuki in Indianapolis. It was -- withougt doubt -- the most pleasant car buying experience I have ever experienced. At 39, I have owned more than 30 cars, with the Suzuki being my fifth new car purchase.
    you're the first person who has called the new 2007 Suzuki SX4 nerdy! You picked a great color in that orange. You also picked the right transmission-these cars are meant to be driven with a stick, for maximum fun!

• johnsx4johnsx4 Member Posts: 3
    This Thursday 12/7 found out that my 5 speed Sport has arrived in Baltimore and will be deliver before 12/19. Paid slightly below retail ( about $600 including Owners $250 discount )The Sports are here
  • duffnerduffner Member Posts: 15
    I wanted an extra car for family that visits. Went to the L.A. Auto show twice and I felt the SX4 was the best choice of the Minicars. Plenty of room inside. My eye level (had a tape measure) was 10" higher off the ground than in my Camry. That helps with trying see past the SUVs. The car had better acceleration then some have said. In fact, if you dont punch it, but let it rev, it gets going pretty good. It went up a steep hill OK. I dropped it back out of drive to help it, but it didnt really need that. Back in Drive, it did fine. Its definitely a short wheel base car that is going to jiggle you a little, but it accepts bumps OK. Not too much engine noise. The back seat flop down is lame. Would probably remove one. Miller Mitsu=Suzuki in Van Nuys, CA has about 6 base models. All the colors. They told me they couldnt get a Sport and the sound system in it is no good anyhow and "who needs climate control". Actually, one of the young salemen said if I bought the base model, I could add custom audio that would be better than the Sport. Any comments? The closer was really a jerk.
    i saw a ad in my local paper today for a SX4 (didnt say what model) but im guessing base with a 5 speed cause the price was $13,888!!
    nice price! Are you seriously considering a SX4 at this time, though?

I am, but for a tad bit later down the road apiece.

The Sport offers stability control, a big plus in my book. Otherwise, I don't care about the other options.
    im still thnking about it as there are some parts of the sx4 i dont like. as i said it looks alot smaller in real life than on the suzuki website. plus i would only get a sport, and i doubt i will see any good deals on them for a while. my local suzuki dealer has 5 base models in a 5 speed just sitting there. they arent moving like they thought. im guessing probably do to it being a 5 speed? im thinking maybe the sport model will change my mind about the sx4. i want good gas mileage but i also NEED room. so thats why i have been bouncing around in my head between the honda fit, sx4 nissan versa etc. the fit gives the most room and the best MPG. i think its city mileage is higher than the sx4's highway mileage. but it doesnt have awd either. then again youve read my opinion on the (need) for awd where i live. I just like suzuki and i want to give them a try
    a 2007 Suzuki SX4 Sport, arkainzeye.

Just look for the right price. The more I look at the 2007 Suzuki SX4 base model with optional armrest, 5-speeds and either Bright Red or Techno Blue Metallic or Orange paint, the more enthused I become.

Let's put it this way: I have the 2007 Kia Optima, I4, 5-speed in Ruby Red up there as my choice for a "large car entrant" for our next car and the SX4 as the small rig. Would probably choose the SX4 today. It will take a new rig from Kia, possibly their new Cee'd concept car to be put into production by the time our '01 Kia Sportage 4x4 with 124,093 miles gives out to sway me away from trading in for a Suzuki SX4. The car is small, yes, but I love small cars so it fits my bill exquisitely. :D