Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Leaking Sun Roof on Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

tchetrctchetrc Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Jeep
All,
I'm the happy owner of a 2000 JGC Laredo. I just love this car. I bought it used 3 month ago in the States and got it shipped in Cameroon. The first few days, anytime it rain, water was getting inside. It took me a moment to realize that the sun roof was leaking, because it was not properly closed. I did what I thought was closing it properly, then it was fine for few days. Then I wanted to show my wife how to do it, and I did the exact same thing. I'm away now and she called me to tell me it's still leaking. Going thru the forum, I didn't see this problem. Can someone explain me the procedure to close it? Or is the joint gone? Has anybody got the same problem? I'm now afraid of corrosion issues, and it rains quite a lot in Douala. I just love this car.
Thanks for reading
Rgrds
TchetRC

Comments

• lindz1234lindz1234 Member Posts: 2
    My sunroof did the same thing, except it ruined my interior. The dealership recalibrated the window per a technical service bulletin that was out on the jeeps. The TSB# is 23-040-06. They had to flash the sunroof module. I'm writing exactly what was on my receipt. Check with your service dept. for the bulletins.
  • hatcheckhatcheck Member Posts: 7
    ..Amazing! I bought a 2005 JeepGC. Doesn't rain much here. When it did, I got in my car, pulled out in the street and water came gushing in through the side plugs....And, the overhead console. I took it to the Dealership. They said they had never seen anything like it before!! They took it apart and determined that the factory installer had left part of the flashing out. They had my car for a week and took it to the body shop to fix. Doesn't leak now, but what a surprise. And, they had never heard of that happening before?????!!!!
  • vrolykvrolyk Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem of it leaking just after I bought it and Dealer unpluged the sunroof drains and no more problem.
  • majemaje Member Posts: 1
    My sunroof is stuck open and I wondering if there is anyway for me to manually close it?
  • ashcashc Member Posts: 1
    i am having the same problem but in a 1995 grand cherokee. mine is stuck open in vent mode. any ideas how to get it to shut or why it is stuck open?
  • 5213252132 Member Posts: 62
    I'm glad I didn't get the sunroof option on my 2001 JGC.
  • stevec46325483stevec46325483 Member Posts: 1
    im had the same prob how i fixed this was to take off the headliner and youll see a blue hose wich is verry cheap mine cracked i just replaced with some clear flexible piping and it works just fine
    talk about poor quality on chryslers part

this is on a 2001 jeep grand cherokee
    nice truck horrible quality
  • lucifertlucifert Member Posts: 2
    Misrouted sunroof drain tubes was one of the biggest quality issues on this vehicle
    Jefferson North Assembly clearly documented this in their "TOP QUB1" list
    watr998991 and 998910
    The drain hose can also become pinched behind the hands free module
  • lucifertlucifert Member Posts: 2
    JNAPs #1 Qbuy ext9995958 was for sunroof pin alignment
    Apparently, the in station quality check took twice as much time and space as was available
This discussion has been closed.