Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E320 Issues

2»

Comments

• golfhardgolfhard Member Posts: 16
    i bought my 2001 e320 new and still have it. it is a great car. change the oil every 10,000 miles, brakes as needed etc. but, nothing out of the ordinary in taking care of this car. after warranty do not go to mercedes dealer for service because dealers are expensive in maintaining any MB. there should be no poblem getting 200,000 miles on it...
  • mcbassmcbass Member Posts: 1
    my car has me locked out after changing battery,alrm want let it start ,anyone have clue what 2 do?
  • ralphdiditralphdidit Member Posts: 3
    2200-2700 for the navigation and at 45k services on a Mercedes will run about 1200-1500 brakes are 200-400 and usually there is a transmission sensor that needs to be replaced the part is 20-30 but labor will kill you. I have owned several MB and they are very reliable with proper services however you do pay for it.
  • twiniitwinii Member Posts: 3
    I took my car to the dealer because the car would not start sometimes it started and other times it would not.

I went to a privately owned auto shop and was told that it is the ignition switch. I wasn't sure if I should believe the person or not so I took it to the dealer.

On Tuesday, 5/22 I left it at the dealer. On Wednesday, 5/23 I was told that it was the computer engine and it would cost $1800 to fix. I said are you sure it is not the ignition switch he said, no its the computer engine. I then called the mechanic I previosuly saw and he said, he knows for a fact it is not the computer engine, its the ignition switch. I told the dealership to do the work.

On Thursday, 5/24 I received a call from the dealership that the computer engine did not start the car something else is wrong with the car still. So I was told to keep the rental for the holiday weekend. On Tuesday, 5/29, I received a phone call from the dealership, the service tech tells me that they replaced the ignition switch and the car started but get this they are not going to charge me for the ignition switch. The ignition switch alone cost $500-600, the computer engine is $1400-$1500.

I am so upset I can't stop crying. What are your thoughts? How would you handle something like this? Is it fair for me to tell them that I am not paying for the computer engine? I am a young female and I took the car in myself, they probably think I am a spoiled brat and my parents are going to pay for the car. But that is not the case... Why wouldn't they charge me for both parts? Please I really need some help with this.
  • joeminerjoeminer Member Posts: 1
    Was there ever a Mercedes Benz E320 gasoline engine in 2007?