Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Liberty: The Friendly Manual

dtdnick1029dtdnick1029 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Jeep
Hi everyone,
I just purchased a 2005 jeep liberty the other week, i love it but have some problems. It came with no manual, please help if you know.
1.Says spare tire is low, how do i reset this?
2. Yellow blinking light looks like (!) in top right of instrument cluster. Is it related to the spare tire pressure, or something else, can i reset this as well.
Thank you everyone and have a good day.
nick

Comments

• mdamickmdamick Member Posts: 277
    You can a manual from Jeep for $20
  • ned412ned412 Member Posts: 16
    I took my 06 to the dealer today for a paint cracking problem and at the same time the "perform service" light was on. The car has 2900 miles on it. The dealer tells me that it's due for the 3000 mile oil change. I tell the dealer that jeep recommends doing it at 6k. He tells me that jeep say's 3k. I shoe him the manual and he tells me that they go by schedule "B" which say's every 3k. I tell him that I go by schedule "A" as prescribed by jeep at 6k. he said the reminder will stay on till the oil is changed

I read the book and found I can reset it myself. Why do dealers lie like that?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Follow the money - dealers often don't make that much selling new cars but the used car lot and the service bays have nice profit margins.

Sometimes I think that if you listen to a service writer, every car on the road is driven like a taxi. :P

Then when you go to check on a problem like a noisy belt, they say they can't hear anything and turn you away at the door. :shades:
  • ned412ned412 Member Posts: 16
    Amen brother!
  • lsnelllsnell Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem with my 2005 Jeep Liberty. I just purchased it and the light that looks like (!) is blinking. Can anyone tell me what that means? I have yet to purchase a manual.

Thanks!
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Isnell: That is the Tire Pressure Monitor Warning Light. You have a low tire pressure condition. One or more tires is below the right tire pressure. I remembering suggesting you call the selling dealer or call 1-800-992-1997 and go to the last number to press and give them which ever ID number you wish to give and tell them you did not get an owners manual, that should end this issue. Hope this helps.

Farout
  • lsnelllsnell Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I will check it out.
  • soulfingersoulfinger Member Posts: 64
    I don't know if this has changed (I have a 2002 model), but the owners manual slides into a tiny shelf at the top of the glove box. It's very easy to miss. So if you think you didn't get one, maybe you did.
  • flguy1flguy1 Member Posts: 1
    My daughter just called to tell me her manual shifter is loose. It has a slight up/down movement and it rotates. She said it shifts ok but the movement just started today. I am going to go look at it tomorrow and did not know if anyone had experienced this before.
  • yakersyakers Member Posts: 10
    In reply to the original poster, the original owners manual is a free download on the Official Jeep web site:

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/
  • cubejockeycubejockey Member Posts: 8
    For the past 3 weeks, I can not get my Jeep dealer to fix my 2005 CRD. The turbo is not functioning properly. They say they're having problems finding these two adapter tools need to find an air leak. :mad:

Anybody know what these refer to?
  • nyla0801nyla0801 Member Posts: 1
    My father just bought a 2005 liberty and he never got a manual. he cant get the key out of the ignition. there must be a security lock. if anyone knows what it is, id appreciate the help!! thanks!
    Can't help with specifics but How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online says you can download an owner's manual free for that year Liberty.
  • caribou1caribou1 Member Posts: 1,354
    http://richard.fortin.free.fr/Jeepforfun/
    I put this link in my "profile" a long time ago. The 2005 is there.
    Sweet - this is a good discussion for that link to live (not that I'll remember it next time either, lol :blush: ).
  • mcunnertmcunnert Member Posts: 7
    Hey Guys! What repair manual do you suggest I purchase. There are a few out there but I want to know which one has helped you out the most. I intend to keep my Jeep til she cant go any more...I just love it! Thanks for the info, you guys have been so helpful. :)
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Have a look at Online Repair Manuals.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • travlinsamtravlinsam Member Posts: 7
    Do a search online...there are free manuals online (you want an owner's manual, right? Not a repair guide).
  • travlinsamtravlinsam Member Posts: 7
    If it is a "manual transmission" there is a small release button right next to the ignition. The Jeep owners manual says the following:

"To remove the ignition key, depress and hold the key release button, turn the ignition key to LOCK and remove the key."

If it is an automatic transmission:

"To remove the ignition key, place the gearshift lever in P (Park), turn the ignition key to LOCK and remove the key."
This discussion has been closed.