Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Rodeo: Looking for mechanic

4wd14wd1 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Isuzu
My check engine light came on the other day and my Rodeo is not running right. When I called my local dealership they told me that they wouldn't work on my truck because it is a 1997. What am I supposed to do? Does anyone know a reliable mechanic in Orange County, CA that will work on a '97 Isuzu Rodeo?

Comments

• socalstevesocalsteve Member Posts: 34
    I don't know where in O.C. you live, but my mechanic in Corona will work on anything, including my 04 Axiom. I'm sure he'd work on your Rodeo.
  • lgtrz26lgtrz26 Member Posts: 2
    I recently started taking mine to a certified Lexus mechanic that opened his own shop in Torrance. My '98 Rodeo never ran better, but honestly, knock on wood, my Rodeo has been a great truck, hardly any issues at all.
  • procarverprocarver Member Posts: 2
    hi i own a 2000 isuzu rodeo 4x4, 5-speed, 3.2 v6 dohc. theres a few things wrong with it and i want to know if anyone would have an answer to my question.. when i push my 4x4 button, i blow a 15 amp fuse everytime. that same fuse when blown makes my signal lights not work, my heat and my wipers also dont work.. as long as i dont put 4x4 on it all works. i dont get it and my mechanic cant figure it out either.So does anyone know why this happens?? also when warmed up, it idles extreamy low almost to a stall. it also burns alot of oil. i have to put 2ltr of oil in it like every 1000 km. the rodeo only has 170,000 km on it which pisses me off with all thats wrong with it.
    chris
  • vehicross1vehicross1 Member Posts: 2
    I live in the South Bay and was taking my Isuzu Vehicross to Long Beach Mitsubishi, but they lost their Isuzu Master Technician back in January. :( Would your recommend your Torrance mechanic?
  • vehicross1vehicross1 Member Posts: 2
    I found a mechanic! The service advisor knew his stuff about Isuzus, and the technician was terrific. Cerritos Isuzu.
This discussion has been closed.