Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Transmission Problems

Comments

• faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Mine was much different, very much so.

2005 Jeep Crd msrp $ 27,790.
    less mileage - 1240.
    Pay off 26281.
    owed to me off compass 267

2007 Compass Sport 4x4 $24500
    . amount financed 24233.

Chrysler Service contract was transfered to Compass from Jeep Liberty CRD

mine was pretty simple.

farout
  • rhollisrhollis Member Posts: 122
    I am not so certain that Impartial Services is particularly impartial.
    rhollis: Glad to see you back. I was too outspoken with you the last time I responded to you. I appologize, rhollis, please accept my sincere regrets. To be honest as I have thought about it I was just full of people putting down my pleasure with PAC. I reacted more like a child, than the mature, old fart I am, and try hard to be.

ISP must be different now that Cerberus has control. the cost per mile they are charging him is rather steep. However we got a buy back where we bought another Chrysler, that may be the difference.

Did you get an Aspen to replace your PAC?

I again am glad your back.

farout
    After reading your post again, after I osted my response, I looked at this again.

Are you going just for a return of your money? What the heck is $ 5847.79 for mileage all about? That seems super high, and very unreasonable!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of vehicle have you going to get now? What is damaged $ 2433. worth? Did you have an accident that your insurance did not fix?

I kee4p our vehicle pretty much clean, but by no means was the Jeep CRD spotless. There were some scratches, and the seats were nasty. The Liberty Seats got spots just from water. The material was cheap crap.

I wonder if you are taking a hit of $ 8280. maybe you shoul tell Chrysler to fix the PAC even if they have to put a brand new transmission in it! Remember there is a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY, and I think I'd make then fix it right or come up with a better deal. How many miles do you have on the PAC 40,000 ? Heck at $ .25 cents a mile that is 37,420 miles which is high. I paid $ .05 cents a mile, and that was lower than most, but you are being super charged......why?

I can't believe you are being jerked so bad. You might call IPS and ask is this the best you can do? Let them know you know how I was treated and why such a huge difference???????????????? Wow, I 'd be very unhappy, unless there is something I don't understand. You should get about $ 10,000. off the sticker on your replacement then. Let me know whats up, ok?

farout
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    forout:
    I sent those numbers to Richard (chrysler) and explain to him that I was charged with some damage but in fact the car is like new inside and out side I take care of my cars very much and looks like new, I mention to him that I agree to pay half of the miles which is $2923 for the 24,600 miles my Pac has, and that the fact that the car has so many miles is because the service advisor told me that the break in time for the converter is 5000 miles so if you get the original plus two that they replace that equals 15,000 miles, also that the extended warranty that they sold me I cancelled after 3 days and the refund for $2,826.56 was received by Chrysler financial and applied to principal, he told me that he will call impartial services and will let me know, by the afternoon he called me and told me that was a mistake and all was fixed, the amount comes now to $13,300 , that is if I got a Chrysler car
    if not I'll be charged with the whole $5847.79 for the 24,600 miles for me still high.
    by the way I went and test drive the PAC signatures series that I can get for $24,000 (full loaded) and the feel at the begining was good with no front suspension noise, but when i went to open road I noticed that the transmission just shifts up to third gear and was about 4,000 Rpm at 50 miles per hour the auto stick was not working as well , so I forgot the Pac It's a shame , I think I will get the Aspen because beleive it or not has better resale price than the town and country, I can get one fully loaded MSRP $40,300 for $30,000 plus taxes.
    I'll keep in touch.

Regards.
    faschulz: I happen to remember that my buy took place when DC was the company not Cerberus, That may be part of your situation. Whatever you choose it seems to me you are going at it the right way.

What's odd you post just showed up on this forum today. I wonder why it takes so long for your posts to show? I chech this forum just about every day so it sure is odd.

Good luck, keep in touch

farout
    A similar "mistake" was made with my buyback. My offer from Chrysler was $2,700 short. I could not figure out where the discrepancy came from until the dealer sent a paper that someone had altered after I signed it to Impartial Services. They had slipped in $2,700 in negative equity, but in Ohio, the buyer has to sign a form stating that he realizes there is negative equity. There wasn't, but someone tried to pull a fast one.
    farout these are final numbers that we agreed in the buy back of my Pac Check I'll receive a check next week I got Chrysler 08 Aspen for $30,800 with all extras also Nav, MSRP was $40,700 I think was good deal.

The breakdown of figures pertaining to the repurchase of your vehicle is as follows:

CREDITS
    Down Payment $ 9,499.03
    Net Trade In Allowance 0.00
    Monthly Payments Made (# payments) 16 X
    $424.80 (mo.payment) 6,796.80
    Flat Amount 0.00
    Aftermarket Accessories 0.00
    CREDITS SUBTOTAL $ 16,295.83 *

DEBITS
    Rebate(if Applicable) $ 0.00
    Mileage/Usage Fee 2,923.90
    Damage (Requires Estimate) 0.00
    DEBITS SUBTOTAL $ 2,923.90 *

PAYOFF TO LIENHOLDER $ 17,400.71

NET REFUND TO CUSTOMER $ 13,371.93 *
    (
    fashulz: Good yor you! I am sure you will be pleased with the Aspen! Please let me know how you like it and what mpg you wind up getting.

farout
    Farout I just realized why the dealers and the country are in deep water, I received the check from Chrysler and try to buy the Aspen that I told you before but the problem is that Chrysler is financing with a low 16.9% and they told me that I was lucky, considering that I'm giving 50% down payment those guys are crazy at the time they told me that I just left the dealer, I think I will never go back to them, I was financing my Pacifica for 6%, I will put my money in something else I have never make a late payment I think I will buy something cash I'll let you know.
    faschulz: OH what a rotten thing to have happen. Was that Chrysler Financial? I believe a bank could do a lot better. Remember with the dealerfinding the financing the dealer gets a certian percent of the APR you pay. I think the dealer was not very hungry or the dealer is in trouble and needs every dime they can choke out of you. What state do you live in? You can go www.chryslerfinancial.com/ and get your own financing, did you know that? Chrysler was who we financed out PAC with 72 months, 6.9% and $ 5,000. rebate and we put $ 2,000. down. I am pleased with how it worked out, but the dealer kept telling us he could not get anything less than 11% so Chrysler Financial handled it all, and the dealer had to fill out all the paper work. The dealer was not very pleased, we got out PAC 08/31/07 we not have 35,350 miles on it. I sure whish you had gotten better service out of your PAC. It sure sounds like the Service dept was muffed up royal to me.

Hope something I have said helps.

farout
    I was the same in mine but they did not gave me the rebates because they told me that was or one or the other I got mine on 09/23/07 , I always tought that something was wrong, but they asure me that, now that you are telling me that i realized that the dealer got those $4000 of the rebate.
    I think that they are giving those huge rebates and discounts because they will get that amout back in the interest, I will try do it my self with chrysler and my bank,

I will keep posting.
    Regards.

i
    I have no idea where you live, but in Cleveland the dealers claim that they are nearly giving the cars away - all sorts of incentives, rebates, employee pricing, and 0%.
    I live in Miami ,Florida, I think the dealers has to do with that because I called Chrysler financial and told them that I had 6.7% on the pac that they just bought from me and now the minimum they want is 15.7 % paying 50% down payment they said that the dealers do the approvals so yes they give you nice discounts but at the end you pay them twice.
    faschulz: The dealer ALWAYS makes money! They can not sell a vehicle except in very rarer circumstances at a loss, because they have flooring to pay that was taken when they bought the vehicle from Chrysler LLC. The whole financing tricks are there to make you think you really took advantage of the dealer. If a customer thinks he got the best of the dealer, the customer is more likely to reccommend the dealer to friends and family. Not only telling people about the dealership, but you are very likely to get service from the dealers service dept.

When buying of a new car (or a used one as well) the buyer is at a huge disadvantage. The art of selling is very detailed, and a good sales person has an answer for everything you ask or objection you make. These salespersons are in constant training. The web they weave is strong and it has trapped people who who thought they were very sharp to salespersons tricks. I hope you are able to get the vehicle you want.

farout
  • psycho_sam_1psycho_sam_1 Member Posts: 6
    I know it doesn't have to do with the transmission (yet at least), but I have a question about the warranty. I'm pretty serious about buying an '07 Pacifica FWD Touring. It has 20k miles on it. It's not "certified used".

1. Did Chryster have a 3yr/36,000 mile warranty or a 7yr/70,000 mile warranty in 2007?

2. With either, do they transfer to a new owner?

3. For the Max care plan, does anyone know where I can find actual prices, or do I have to get those from the dealer?

EDIT: The dealer sticker only shows a 3 month/3,000 mile warranty. That's the reason I'm asking about the factory warranty.
  • 07_pacowner07_pacowner Member Posts: 3
    http://chrysler-jeep-dodge-warranty.com/about.htm

I just purchased a maxcare warranty from this on-line site. They are from Golick chrysler in Pennsylvania. Before I purchased, I contacted Chrysler to see if they are an actual dealer and indeed they are. I paid 1715.00 for the life time warranty since I am stuck with this car for a long time. The price they advertise is for a vehicle with less than 12/12000. I paid 1715.00 because I am way over that but within the 36/36000. Another thing, the day after I purchased the warranty, my information was added to my account information in the Chrysler Financial website. When I click on warranty information, my maxcare was listed.
    Hope this helps.
  • psycho_sam_1psycho_sam_1 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the help. I found one here www.chryslerwarrantys.com

It seems good, so I'll research these a bit more. I don't know if I can get a lifetime warranty or not, since I didn't purchase it new.
    psycho sam 1: The bumper tobumper was 36,000 miles but as for how long I am not sure. There is a transfer fee, if you can get the 36,000 mile one.

You can go the 1800 992 1997 and select the one for service conyracts. they have a paynebt plan for 0% interest on the service contracts, you do have to push to get it. My lifetime Max Care $ 100. ded. was $2500. and payments over 36 months. The prices I think are up. But that is bumper to bumper.

I always get the Service Contract (extended warranty) If there is one bad vehicle in a lot of 100,000 I can pick it! So I buy the warramties. I have most always got my money back in repairs. But I go to a dealer who really helps me out a bunch.

farout
  • d08d08 Member Posts: 16
    If I were you, I would not even think about buying another Chrysler product. Looks like I'm stuck with my pac because every time I take it back to the dealership they say that they can't find the problem. With all these posts from everybody, it tells you that this is not in our head. (It's poor quality on their end)!!!!!
    Is anybody having any problems with front end nosies, like feeling and hearing every little bump in the road??? The sound is espeically coming from the right side. The dealership claims that everything is OK. Can I take this and have it fixed somewhere else? I have the lifetime warranty on it. Also, I have taken it back in for transmission problems 3 or 4 times. They replaced the torque converter, motor mounts, reprogrammed it. This makes me sick. I wish that I had never bought this car!!!!!
    d08: I had a buy back in 07 on a Jeep Liberty Diesel, so I am speaking from actual experience.

First if you bought the PAC new, and the PAC has less than 36,000 miles there is a good chance you can get a buy back.

2nd. If you have the tickets from when you went in for these problems your case gets stronger. If you have for a fact been 3 times (for is even better) for transmission issues that increases your case.

3rd, Have you gone only to the selling dealer for service? If you hopped about to several dealers this makes it harder to prove, but if you have the service tickets this too will work,

Call the selling dealers Service manager, tell him or her, the problems and what has been dome. Tell him you want the Zone Rep to come and meet with you and the Service Manager that you want a buy back.

Now call the owner or manager of the selling dealer, tell him that tou have talked with the Service manager and requested the Zone Rep to come and you would like a buy back, as him to follow up and make sure the Zone rep is contacted and is coming.

Now call 800 992 1997 and tell then you want a buy back and tell them your issues and dates you have taken the PAC in for these problems.

Someone will contact you in about two or three weeks. However call the Service manager every friday and ask what he has heard. Be polite, kind and do not loose your temper! If you blow off and loose your temper you have just about ended much help from the dealer, which you really need!

If you bought your pAC used there is NOTHING that can be done except by the dealer as acustomer relations good will. We started our buy back on Feb 16, 2007 and we were totally done by April 4, 07, and the complete paper work was done by May 3, 07.

If you don't have thenrepair tickets, you must get them from the dealership you took it to, one fro everytime, if not there is little hope.

Hope this helps.

farout
    Thank you for your advice. I have only taken it to the one dealership where I bought it from. I bought this car new and I think I have all my papers where I have taken it in to them. I also think that the service dept. is getting tired of me calling them with these problems, I have been nice to them and have not lost my temper. I just didn't want Chrysler to blow me off too. Will they actually listen to me???

Thank you......
    d08: By calling or actually going to the dealership and directly talking to the Service manager and the owner/manager they most certiainly have to do something. By face to face they can't say they did not understand you. I feel 99.8%sure Chrysler will listen and do something to get your situation solved.

Personally, I would work for them to replace your Pac with a 2008 PAC. Or have them fix yours even if they had to replace the transmission. These are very well built vehicles and very high on the safety ratings. I too have had the motor mounts replaced, and the Torque Converter replaced and several reflashes. I consider these minor problems considering the PAC has a Lifetime warranty on the powertrain. I added the Max care Service contract so our PAC is just about bumper to bumper for a very long time. That's my oiinion.

farout
    Did the reflashes finally work?? They have just reflashed mine again, they said that a new reflash came out in Jan of this year. I like the car, its roomy and classy. Do I need to get the Max care also and how do I contact them? I really appreciate your advice.

What model is yours?
  • Biggd1999Biggd1999 Member Posts: 19
    Well I think I have another broken motor mount and the drivetrain vibration is getting worse, the shudder between 15-2k rpms is worse and the clunking when changing gears is back. I found an oil substance on the garage floor and I know it's not oil so it must be the rear mount again.. The car has 37,500 miles on it now and is out of warranty. I bought it used with 19k miles on it, can I contact Chrysler directly to see what they will do for me? I am tired of this car and it has more problems than I have ever had with a car. Just recently the gas mileage has taken a major dump with only seeing about 280 miles out of a tank...I can fill it up completely and drive 50 miles or so and loose over a 1/4 tank of gas..

I just want the car fixed or replaced.. the dealer I bought it from will not return my phone calls regarding the problems I am having. I will be calling them back tomorrow morning...

Any advice?
  • tlarstlars Member Posts: 11
    I just bought our PAC limited from a dealer in Prescott AZ. It's an '07 with only 18k miles and under factory warranty. I too am getting a handful of spots in the garage from 'something'. It's only a few drops each time of almost clear oily liquid. Am I already deep under water or what? :confuse:
    tlars: The tranny fluid may be the problem, but the tranny is sealed and only the dealer can check the fluid level. This fluid is unlike the fluid of the past. Which means big bucks. Your warranty will cover what ever it is. Do you have the AWD? i=If you PAC was made before Jan 07 the TORQUE CONVERTER has a recall to be replace. As the dealer and they can tell by the VIN. The 07 was the only year with duel tail pipes, looks great right?

Motor mounts have also been noted for being weak, along with a lugging in 6th gear at 1500 to 2000 rpm's there is a reflash for when the tourque converter is replaced.

We really like our PAC AWD touring. We get 19 to 22 mpg in cold temps and 22 to 26 mpg in the summer. we have just a hair under 36,000 miles. Bought new it came with the Lifetime Powertrain warranty. We bought the Max Care Lifetime extended warranty, so we have a bumper to bumper coverage for the life time of us or Chrysler LLc. I am not sure if Chrysler will live as long as me....lol...uck!
    I just looked at mine and the MFG date is 2/07.. Is it possible that mine could have the bad torque converter since I have all the symptoms you all explain ?

I really like the car, I just wish I could get the issues resolved..

Thanks!
    d08: yes the reflashes worked. There have been a couple of TBS reflashes, and each one has made it shift smoother.. This transmission was the first for this vehicle and the 4. L engine was the first for use in this vehicle as well. So there are some small things to smooth out.

If you intend to keep the car past 36,000 I would get a Chrysler Service Contract. I got the max care $100 ded. one. But that is something to seriously consider. There is a 36 month no interest deal on these too.

as for the Jan. ref;ash, I don't know, I see if I can check it out.

farour
    Hey that was aquick responce, we are both on at the same time and that's rare.

I have heard of some past the Dec 06 date being replaced. Are you having shudder issues at 1500 to 2000 rpm in 6th gear? Heck with the lifetime powertarin warranty (if you bought it new) what more can we want. It will be fixed. How many miles on yours, you do have the 4.L engine and 6 speed auto right?

farout
    Psycho: I may be wrong, but on the Chrysler Service Contracts I believe the longest you can get is until you get to 100,000 miles. Call and ask that's the only way to know for sure.

I have never lost money on a extended warranty yet. Frankly I would be pleased if I never ever used it.... it would be a perfect vehicle......just not my luck.

farout
    yep, it's an 07 AWD with the 4.0L. I have the shudder between 1500-2k rpms in 6th gear. I bought it used with 19k miles on it and it is now out of warranty. The last two times I took it into the dealer they refused to look at the TC because they said my VIN didn't bring up that TSB. I also have had all the TSB's done regarding the shifting.

I am just curious, those who had the TC replaced, did your cars vibrate harshly when sitting still in park or at a stop light while in gear with your foot on the brake? Mine does and if I rev it just a little bit the vibration goes away. The dealer blamed it on the motor mounts and have replaced them at least 3 times now.
    I am really sorry to hear of your problems. You sound as if you havemy luck. If there was one lemon in a lot of 1,000 cars I am the one to pick it! I have learned after 48 years of driving to always buy an extended warranty, and i have so far never lost money. I think as my wife says "cars a necessary evil." She is right you know. Just when the budget is streched to the max, that's when something goes wrong! It never fails. However, the Lifetime Powertrain warranty is just why I bought this PAC, and I bought the Lifetime Max Care Service Contract as well. So it's just about bumper to bumper for life, mine or Chrysler LLC. which ever one comes first. The way the D3 are doing it does not look so good.

I had the TC replaced and that helped, but not as much as I had thought it would. The TSB reflashes did help over time. I did have both motor mounts replaced last week and a tire rod and a stabilizer rod. We hit a pot hole and broke to stabilizer rod in half. The dealer fixed it under 36,000 mile warrant. I have a great dealer. I expect some things to go wrong, and i try to handle it with patients and a smile. That doesn;t always come natural!

At idle once in a while it seems a minor bit jumpy and smooths out in about 30 seconds. Hope this helps is some small way.

farout
    Yes, I wish I had bought the extended warranty when I purchased it, but as the thinking goes, I have 19k miles till the end of the warranty, I can get it then.. haha.. right.. never happens.

Mine constantly vibrates. Just after I got it we took it to Florida from Michigan and it was a dream there and back. The vibration just got worse over time and that's when they replaced the mounts and that solved about 80% of the vibration in it. I am a perfectionist, so to me the little vibration that it has is unacceptable. Heck, my '07 Hemi Durango idles smoother than the Pac.

Since you basically have the same exact car I do, when you fill yours up, what is the mileage the computer says? When I fill mine to full it says 353 or so.. Is that where yours is? Do you find the gas gauge moves around a lot,like after you fill it up and then shut it off and start it later on I can lose almost 1/8 tank or more. Does yours do that same thing? This is basically after driving maybe 10 miles or so home from the gas station.

I do appreciate all your help. It's nice to be able to talk to someone that has gone through most of the same issues I am. Kinda helps me think I am not going crazy as my dealer thinks I am.
    I checked out the sites listed above for the max care warranties. I think we'll have this PAC LTD for about 4 years. Shouldn't my local dealer be able to meet / beat their price...just wondering if I would get better service.
    tlars: Call 1800-992-1997 ans slect service contract. Speak to the rep, about the 3 years interest free Service contract. Call you dealer and ask what is his very best deal on a service contract. Google Chrysler service contracts and there you will find discounted chrysler service contracts.

You don't say how many miles you drive in a typical 4 year period. With all the goodies on a limited I personally sure would want the Max Care. However, if getting together the money for the Service Contract is tight then perhaps the 3 year interest Sehe one to go with, as the other ones you have to russel up the dough. But call as many and see wher you think would fit you best.

Have you had any problems with you PAC? Is your PAC an AWD, and what kind og mpg do you get? Hope this helps.

farout
    If you belong to AAA, it wouldn't hurt to check with them. I have a number of customers who have service contracts, and when it comes down to the time for the company to pay, they often do not for any one of a number of strange reasons. I believe that AAA costs a little more, but they have been around for a while. Many of the companys want the repairer to disassemble and then tie up space on a lift for a few days while they send out an adjuster. Others simply approve the repair and send the check. I have no idea how you find out who does what, however.
    Biggd1999: Your dearler has no Psychological training to say you you are crazy.....so don't let tell you that you are crazy, Perhaps it's the dealers Service Department that has mential issues in dealing with customers......lol. Tell them your headed for a brake down if they don't fix the PAC, and that brake down mayhappen in the show room and that you black out and start crashing glass, and have the strenght of the HULK. Now that they just might want to take your word for.

The computer averages what you mpg was upon fill up and then based on that mpg projects how far you can go, thuss the 353 miles is arrived at. Some times my read out is 420, and sometimes it reads out 360 to the 420 miles. I don't hold that too close, eccept when it says 40 or so miles until empty. That I do pay attention to.

Now you couls leave the PAC for them to work on, after leaving them with the keys, make sure you have the other key with you, upon just befor leaving with the doors lockes hit the Panic buttom and see if they scramble to shut off the alarm, maybe they might move into the shop the fix it. Go by the dealer a couple of times, if you PAC is still sitting there hit the ppPanic alarm everytime you drive by. Now that could be fun. They just might think you PAC is haunted.

Years ago I had 1954 Chevy Convertable. I put a switch that when some opened the hood a 1933 Forf ugaaa horn would go off if I did not turm the horn off. A few times back when they washed your windshiled and checked the oil a few station attendents bumped their heads. Most generally I got some not so nice words said. Heck, life has to have some funny moments, keeps the boredum out of the day.

Keep us posted.

farout
    Farout -

the only issue I can see right now is the few drops of oil coming from the rear. I've read about the tranny leaking and something about the torque converter. I just need to make time to establish a relationship with a local dealer to have it worked on and hopefully get a loaner car. We bought the vehicle from a Dodge dealer out of town (about 150 miles away). We still have the factory 3/36 warranty until May 10, 2010.

We put on about 10,000 miles per year. I'm wanting to stick with a Chrysler warranty. Something about getting a 3rd party in the mix doesn't seem appealing.

Otherwise we love our PAC Limited. I can't beliee I over looked these in the past. :)
    Oh I know what your saying.. it's just that I see the issues, feel the problems but every time I take it in there they can't replicate any issues and it drives me nuts..

Thanks for clarifying the mileage, I knew I wasn't going crazy, I remember the read out saying 420 on almost every fill up and know I am lucky to see 355. The last tank of gas I got and that was with the needle on E and the computer saying 25 miles to empty, I got 290 miles on one tank of gas...

I just called my dealer and spoke to my sales guy. He is going to run my vin and see what has been going on with my car. He did speak to the delearship owner and that is the first step. After he looks at the service history they will escalate it to the Chrysler area rep to see what they will do for me since it is out of warranty..

Cross my fingers something happens.
    I spoke with a rep named Diane at www.chryslerwarranty.com and she said their warranties must be paid in full. She was very short about it. Based on her personality or lack of...I can say I will not buy from them. She's not doing their division any favors. I HATE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! :mad:

The search for a good extended warranty goes on.
  • gthosgthos Member Posts: 15
    I started looking yesterday myself. First I called Chrysler (Chrysler Service Contracts - www.chysler.com/en/service_contracts ) They were a little "short" with me also. Then I called the dealer. They quoted the same thing for just over $200 cheaper, but I'm still shopping. The dealer uses Fidelity for their policies. May want to check directly with Fidelity I suppose.
    Chrysler ends to be short and snippy. I wrote to the Vice Pesident of North American and the only response that I received was a call from a nameless female who said, "We're not going to do anything because you filed for arbitration." I can only assume that this call was in response to my letter, but I had no way of knowing.
  • ksearcyksearcy Member Posts: 3
    To the gentleman looking for a Max Warranty. I am a veteran of 2 Pacificas, a 2004
    (took approx a year of trips to the service dept to get straightened out, almost) and
    a 2007 (I just threw in the towel on this one, new torque converter, numerous
    reflashes, new strut on right side, new motor mount, all prior to 10,000 miles on the od. Even while the car was still under factory warranty and I also had purchased
    the Max Warranty, I had a knocking noise in the right front of the vehicle, the car
    would upshift while slowing down, It still had the 1800rpm shudder. They began
    telling me that thay couldn't duplicate these problems (there's nothing wrong with
    the car therefore there's nothing to fix). What I'm saying is please don't throw good
    money after bad, no matter how many warrantys you have, these cars are not
    worth the grief, either the dealers can't or don't want to fix them. I fixed my Pacifica
    problems by trading it for a Lincoln MKX, the difference is like night and day. The
    mkx (or it's sister the ford edge) shifts so smoothly it's undetectable a lot of the
    time, when you do notice it shifting, it's extremely smooth and quiet. In Kansas City where I live a 2008 Edge is selling for about $19,000. I'd strongly suggest that
    before you spend any more money on the Pacifica, that you go test drive one of these vehicles, you won't be sorry.
  • bulldozerbulldozer Member Posts: 31
    I'll agree with you! That is what finally solved my problems. It was a shame because the PAC could have been a realy nice vehicle, but there is just something not quite right about the majority of them. I truly believe that there is a design problem with the way the drivetrain is mated with the chassis that simply cannot be fixed. Not now and certainly not by repeated visits to service department personel that keep saying they can't find anything wrong with the car. To me, it sounded almost rehearsed-like they thought I would just forget about it and it would go away. What it boiled down to was that I couldn't see myself making payment after payment while the car would spend at least 10 days out of the month mired somewhere in the depths of a service shop that had no intention of actually working on it. Oh, and by the way-I STILL to this day have not received a return phone call from a Chrysler representative concerning any of my claims. None. Nada. Zilch. And I never even raised my voice to the customer-no-service agents! (If that doesn't tell you anything) Oh well... I am just glad I don't have the PAC anymore!
    Thanks! But we just bought this thing...I doubt if the dealer (even though it's a dodge/chrysler dealer) will buy back the car based on reputation. I'll have to get my own probable cause.

Right now, other than the oil drops, we haven't experienced things I'm reading about. It's the perfect size and the limited offered all the toys for what we wanted and for what we paid...we couldn't match it up to anything else. A base model Cx-9 was still thousands more.

I always tend to be optomistic...so lets hope for the best! I figure it this way, with an extended warranty - it presents a hard case for them not to try and make it right. No warranty - tough luck.
  • 07_pacowner07_pacowner Member Posts: 3
    How do you know if the Pacifica's motor mounts are defective? What should I be looking for? My Pac slams into third gear and it is very aggravating!
    Did you trade this when you still owed alot on it. I have had mine one year and several flashes also, same problems you have had. Looks like they will never be able to fix these problems. I would love to trade but I would be in the hole. It has only 12,000 miles on it and had problems every since 1,000 miles. Any suggestions???

Thanks
    07 PACOWNER. WELCOME TO THE FORUM! These mounts are oil filled. The only way to get an idea is do you see oil drips on where you park at night? We live in the hills and we park outside on gravel, so we could not see any drips of oil. So the only way to tell for sure is to take it to your dealer.
    There is a recall reflash for the slaming into gear. I believe most of the problems that some are having with their PAC's are made unbarable by really incopentant service departments. I am very glad to have a super great dealership where I go for service> my orignal selling dealership closed a week ago, so I travel about 30 more minuets more to get excellent service.

I am very pleased with out PAC and it has had most of the typical problems others have has, but I had a dealer that invested the time to find a solution that worked. So I hope you are as fortunate as me.

farout